worst mistake you did in ffxi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-14 12:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a TON of gil during the mega inflation (10-15m per day), by desynthing silver/mythril earring into ingots, and wasted it by stupidly deciding to skillup my goldsmithing further during the same period. Within a month, I had made and blown through 400m, and the market rapidly dropped out from under me because everyone and their son found out about desynthing and flooded the market and undercut like crazy.
[+]
By Kaerin 2015-07-14 16:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I once got all my main accounts banned, just to call SE and get them unbanned, to get them banned again a month or two later for doing the same thing... I think. They were all deactivated at the time and I didn't even know they got rebanned til like 3 years later (4 months ago) when I started to play again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-07-19 07:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Traded kraken club for thf knife 4 months before changes were made to those NM's all because I wanted to be THF full time in the LS and had a promise that I would get another Kraken club because now I had TH4...

Also bid 20 mil on a 200k item by mistake.

Went on a drunk tirade with a guy who ended up creating the top LS on the server and I couldn't join because of that "one" time.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-19 08:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal biggest mistake was npcing a Dosis Tathlum that costed around 2m at that time when i was npcing others trash drops.

But i also did lots of mistakes during the time i was learning more in deep the game mechanics. Delve at start taught me basically all that i should know to play this game decently but i guess my biggest mistake was not having proper knowledge of jobs characteristics when forming a delve party. At that time i didnt know the basics of brd, for example, and im sure that was the main reason when i struggled so much in tojil fight. I never really checked my party member, and once i did with a brd that was used to run with us, just to found he didnt even completed all gear slots, let alone having decent instruments or empy gear. But my main mistake was regarding to song usage. I wasnt familiar to haste caps and magics, so when asked what songs to use, i just said march+minuet for 2 songs brd, whats one of the stupidiest things ive been frequently doing at that time, no wonder my party was barely beating the 5 nm before 45 time limit.

Then i struggled to pull tojil because of my lack of experience, how many times because i hadnt that much experience to orient my puller, i ended with countless adds or just wiped because of a sleepga or breakga.

Ignorance makes thing harder than it actually is, but in the end of day, it create a few memories of that time, that i still consider the best i had in this game, the most challenging and the one that taugth me so many things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-07-19 09:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if worst mistake or most dickish thing but during aby we were making some gandivas and i held the leech nm for around 20 minutes to make sure we got next fistule and apparently the *** raged and just started 1 shotting the 40 or so people there in rapid succession
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Numquam 2015-07-19 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying this avatar on ebay for .99
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-07-19 19:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Paying $2 million gil for a $200k beastly shank.
[+]
By Soraishin 2015-07-19 20:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Paid 500k for a T.Whiteshell that was in a bazaar w/ other L. Jadeshells at the same price. He got me for bein to lazy to read.
 Shiva.Stelios
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Stelios 2015-07-19 21:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1: When I was first leveling my melee jobs I farmed for like a month to buy an Amemet Mantle +1. Back then it was really expensive and I was super poor. A little drunk and rushing to buy it I spent all my gil on the NQ version I already had >.< Person I bought the NQ from was never online when I was. So, had to farm all over again.

2: Finally decided to level my Thf from mid 60's to 75 for farming mistletoe in Lufaise Meadows, becasue spamming the 3 trees in Jugner Forest was too slow. Hit level 75 the same week the update that nerfed remedy happened.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2015-07-19 21:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

start playing it
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-19 23:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Soraishin said: »
Paid 500k for a T.Whiteshell that was in a bazaar w/ other L. Jadeshells at the same price. He got me for bein to lazy to read.

Some guy on Asura trying to do this with a O. Bronzepiece. He has it about the price of a M. Silverpiece.

Have to be careful before buying from people.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-07-19 23:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it must work since he's always doing it
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-19 23:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »

Yeah, might take a little while but all it takes is a impatient or distracted person that is in a hurry, and don't look at it good enough.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-20 03:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did just fail to beat Umagrhk, I got killed by Beastruction but due to the lack of regen I figured if that happened, it happened so what.

The main problem was I was THF/DNC and I had my mule on RDM/SCH, the /SCH being the main mistake. So anytime I was hit by Calcifying Claw, I got petrified and was unable to remove it. Add to that, near the end when it did the move that gives it that rock shield, I panicked and didn't think to send my mule in tp + WS from behind.

So in the end frustrating to spend all that time, doing all the expeditions (to rank 3 for increased worms) and then spending 240k for TH and Bonus to Spoils to time out.

For the record was trying to get my mule an Orunmila's Torque, got a Savory Shank off a Phantom Worm tbf, shame a dring didn't drop, wouldn't have cared that I timed out in the fight.
By Draylo 2015-07-20 03:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened to me before too, that guy can be annoying lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-20 03:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yeah, I think next time I'll just have my mule be on WHM, with RR4 and Arise, recovery from any wipe would be a lot quicker, considering the 15min time limit. Also constant Regen 4 would probably help recovery from Beastruction a lot.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-20 04:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Sylph.Ticu said: »

Yeah, might take a little while but all it takes is a impatient or distracted person that is in a hurry, and don't look at it good enough.
It's not hard to tell the difference between a 100 and a single, I mean the big white box kinda gives it away.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-20 07:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Yeah, I think next time I'll just have my mule be on WHM, with RR4 and Arise, recovery from any wipe would be a lot quicker, considering the 15min time limit. Also constant Regen 4 would probably help recovery from Beastruction a lot.

You can call trusts inside for boss floors and if you let a trust tank it below 50%, you can just run away when it goes off. If it kills the tank and start chasing you, it will occasionally stop to use the conal attacks (similar to iron giants) so you will have even more time for the effect to wear off.

If you can pop vile elixir and +1, you can even take maybe 2 hits. Also, panacea should be able to remove gravity which comes with encumbrance from beastruction. You might also consider calling 2 tanks, recommend gessho and amchuchu, so that if it happens to kill only one, the other would help for the rest of the fight.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-20 07:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you can use trusts in meebles? I didn't even try.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-20 08:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you can use trusts in meebles? I didn't even try.

Yes, but only for boss objectives.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-20 08:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I remember you can anticipate and completely avoid Beastruction
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-20 08:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

I did wonder if I could just range it but I didn't attempt to.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-07-20 09:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

worst thing i did was have a family so my playtime is abysmal lol.. on a serious note ive done so many stupid things i cant think of many that stick out really. overpaid quite a few times on AH. Wish i would have sold everything i had before this last break, coming back to all my soul rings being like 50k each and about 20 elemental gems just rotting in MH cause i don't wanna deal with trying to HQ pearls for what they're worth now.

Worst official mistake, to this day i cant choose a legit "Main" to focus on so im always all over the place >.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-07-20 10:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Gave all my moghouse stuff and gear away just to come back to the game within six months, several times...
This like 4 or 5 times back at 75 cap. I gave away 2 mil Christmas presents to my LS mates one time when I was quitting back when it seemed like I was the only person on Asura that knew how to get Rune weapons and sold a bunch of staves and flowerpots.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-20 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

It can use it randomly below 50%. Stun doesn't work in my experience. It takes a bit longer than usual to go off, but I didn't really find it easy to out-range it.
 Sylph.Nazantia
Server: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2015-07-20 12:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

783 days playtime with only accomplishments being that I have finished CoP and I obtained Ebisu. I don't even have gil.
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-07-21 10:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Paid 1 million+ for a 10 hour fell cleave leech.

Capped one jobs xp so stood there thinking of the quickest way to get home from Abyssea - Misareaux to change jobs.

Was subbing /WHM for sneak/invis to get to that river camp so decided that Teleport Mea would get me to a FOV book to use the book to get back to home nation.

Yeah.. They kicked me from the cleave btw. I didn't even complain lol.
That was after an hour or so of the cleave btw. I could have capped a few jobs in that cleave.

Post deleted by User.