Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-08-09 00:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Camping Quu Domi The Gallant with a friend, and then listening to him when he said, "I'll pay you a lot of gil if you let me have the Fuma feet!" He lotted like 900+ and then handed me 10k. Definitely shoulda QMed myself while we were fighting it lol

Not leveling any mage classes for 9 years of play.

Not learning about gearsets and macros till 2006.

Continuing to camp NMs I no longer needed just to try and obtain what was forever out of my reach.

Getting my account stolen by RMTs for being a dunderhead and getting keylogged. I couldn't get my account properly restored for 5 months, because it was still in my brother's name from when he originally set the game up on our PS2. I had to bug him relentlessly to call SE. When I did get it restored, I'd lost a lot of weaponskill ups, including capped throwing.

Not putting the game away sooner after joining the military. Could have saved myself a lot of heartache, because my obsession/addiction led me into a relationship which was not good for me on the whole. It wasn't good for her, either.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Mystaticromance 2015-08-09 00:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I send 18 to bubble bernie only to found out I need the whole server for it.

When I was first starting out around ps2 release. I fought Bubbly Bernie about 15 times waiting for its drop. Didn't see in the log that it dropped first fight.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-08-09 00:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

Continuing to camp NMs I no longer needed just to try and obtain what was forever out of my reach.

I think we almost all are guilty of doing this at some point. lol Especially the NM that were always super hard to claim cause everyone was camping them and pop time was huge like Joytoy or w/e.
By anik 2015-08-09 02:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tossed my Aegis twice, was not allowed to recover it after the 2nd accidental toss, good thing is, it only took me 1 month to get it back, so i suppose the worst thing I've ever done was join OOJ linkshell a little over 10 years ago. The people were great, but the linkshell leadership was crooked and essentially took the ls bank and moved servers without warning. That story, I am certain, can be heard from many individuals who participated in linkshells back when HNMLS's were a thing.
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2015-08-09 03:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
Once upon a time in sea... I called for help on Jailer of Love.

I stopped feeling bad after someone ELSE did the EXACT. SAME. THING. on the SAME JoL 7 minutes later!

Before that screw-up, I had accidentally called for help on Suzaku back when sky was still a big deal in 2006. I was freaking out so much that I cried...
Hahaha i actually remember that sky "incident" at suzaku as we were both in the same sky ls at the time :)
By dungorthb 2015-08-10 00:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in 2007ish I called for help on Jorm by mistake. It was our LS's first attempt at HNMs and we were about to kill it.

I felt so guilty I quit the game and left my linkshell at the time... I still regret that till this day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vasch
Server: Bismarck
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2015-08-10 01:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This one time, I transferred back to Bismarck... .... ... .. . >.> <.<

Another time, I bought 50m worth the overpriced bronzes out of a known trick bazaar because i'm dumb.
 Leviathan.Edane
Server: Leviathan
user: edane
By Leviathan.Edane 2015-08-10 01:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Progressed decently towards twashtar- then (unknowingly?) opted for rudra's storm... Might also be best mistake I made.

Playing an online Multiplayer FF might take the cake though- doubt I'll be able to enjoy a solo FF adventure again.

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Paying $2 million gil for a $200k beastly shank.
I think I mighta done this too.

Also misjudgingly listened to LS 'advice' about players never to party with. I'd actually had some of the most effective and efficient high-tier mission battlefield fights with these 'blacklist' players.
By Voren 2015-08-10 01:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an invite to join an in progress xp party in Aby LaTheine, I was going to finish leveling my PLD to 95 from 90. On my way there I teleported to the flux by the sheep and passed by a 95NIN soloing the T3 NM. The NM was at 20%ish and the player was at 50%HP, so I cast cure on him to get him to 100% and went on my way, trying to be a nice guy.

I no sooner got to the party, maybe 3 worm kills in, when I take a massive spike in damage. The NIN had died and due to my cures I was on the NM's hate list. Other people in the alliance came to help, but in the end I effectively MPK'd most of the party from doing a random act of kindness.
[+]
 Cerberus.Janay
Server: Cerberus
user: janay
By Cerberus.Janay 2015-08-10 01:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My worst mistake was quitting. But then again, since the game is being discontinued on from Xbox 360, I guess I was bound to be done anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-10 07:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Making a daurabla 99 then thought to myself eh singing is not for me. Should have dedicated this effort in making a idris
[+]
By Armyguy 2015-08-10 08:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting the game as an Elvaan.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-08-12 17:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I'm a sucker for helping out a person in need, if I see a random shout from someone needing help with something I know nobody is going to help with I'll usually just do it because I can, then I end up babysitting that player for the rest of the day and get absolutly nothing I had planned for that day done.

I'm easily distracted >.>
This isn't a thread for the best mistake you ever made in FFXI!

Some of my best memories in FFXI are from doing exactly that! I used to always have at least one "newb project" going. (Nurture a newb and teach them the ropes.) I haven't had one for a while now. :(

Armyguy said: »
Starting the game as an Elvaan.
Too easymode for you? Or just don't like all the attention from the ladies?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-08-12 18:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Making an Epeolatry then making an Idris..

Both are amazing and game changing but Idris has me on geo permanently.
 Carbuncle.Biazzaz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Biazzaz
By Carbuncle.Biazzaz 2015-08-12 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it was back in the day on Gilgamesh. I was camping Sozu (theif knife) NM before they made all those nm's ??? pop. At the time the knife was selling for 40+mil. I would camp it for days on end almost 100% of the time I wasn't at work. During one of those sleep deprived stints he finally popped. I got the drop then immediately hit the warp scroll. Once I got to Juno I realized just how full that inventory must have been.

I remember calling a LS member (Usagii) on the phone just freaking out about it!

Good times
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 20:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst mistake I made in ffxi was letting SE do whatever they wanted to do :/
By Luminohelix 2015-08-13 07:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst mistake started at the character creation, was also the best mistake ever (would do it all over again) :3!
[+]