FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 159 160 161
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-02 02:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the latest Nightmare dungeon and... it was way easier than I thought it'd be. I'm hurting from all the diaga spells I created and honed, but the damage was worth it. Penelo's Intercession is amazing for that fight, so for once I'm glad I pulled on that lucky banner.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-02 02:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »
Noel being released in the next jp 13-2 event o/
5-hit Full Breakdown BSB. Sweet baby RNGesus.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-06-02 04:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Ultimate+ fights are forcing me to use very specific setups and thus I create things I may not otherwise and spending too many orbs for honing, might run out at this rate :/ I like the challenge though, frustrating at times but satisfactory.

There is the "exploit" with Ultimate+ fights, the "hit and run". If you enter the stage, hit the mob then flee, you keep your SB gauge. As the fight costs 1 stamina, its not expensive to repeat that till you can build 3 SB charges for everyone, what imo makes everything easier.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-02 04:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even try the Ultimate fights anymore. I usually get hardcore rekt, even if I manage a win on the first much less the +. Not even trying the Nightmare stuff yet. Sorry I don't like using cheap combos to pull off a win, I shouldn't have to. However if I had more 5 star abilities they would potentially be possible, just usually lose HP too fast in them though.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-06-02 09:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Sorry I don't like using cheap combos to pull off a win

Nightmare bosses are all based around gimmicks so you better get used to it.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-02 09:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Sorry I don't like using cheap combos to pull off a win

Nightmare bosses are all based around gimmicks so you better get used to it.
Meh.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-06-02 14:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even try the Ultimate fights anymore. I usually get hardcore rekt, even if I manage a win on the first much less the +. Not even trying the Nightmare stuff yet. Sorry I don't like using cheap combos to pull off a win, I shouldn't have to. However if I had more 5 star abilities they would potentially be possible, just usually lose HP too fast in them though.

You can do the Ultimate+ battles without the hit-and-run tactic, it's just a little harder
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-06-02 15:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY *** Ultimate Seymour dropped a 6* black orb. Time to farm ultimate dungeons!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-02 18:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4m6kfk/mathcraft_atkdmg_rms_vs_ace_strikerbattleforged/

some new math for RMs. basically it's as i've been saying, LB charge RMs are a waste now that we have access to Shout
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-02 20:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4m6kfk/mathcraft_atkdmg_rms_vs_ace_strikerbattleforged/

some new math for RMs. basically it's as i've been saying, LB charge RMs are a waste now that we have access to Shout

So it's better to use attack RMs?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-02 20:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

+20% dmg ones. one eyed general, heroic stance, pride of the red barons, etc
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-02 20:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
+20% dmg ones. one eyed general, heroic stance, pride of the red barons, etc
Damn that means I need to farm some more. Wait what about if we use shout and HoTE?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-02 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

only makes 20% better unless you're capping at 9999 already which is unlikely on U/U+ for most SSBs
By Draylo 2016-06-02 22:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is shantotto given 4 star mnk abilities? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-06-02 23:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Because tarutarus are just awesome like that.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-03 00:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What buffs attack more unyielding fist or shout?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 00:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

both the same
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-03 05:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But that FFXI DUngeon set though!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-03 07:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Wait what about if we use shout and HoTE?
Anything over attack soft cap is generally a 10% increase in damage due to the way it gets diminished.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-03 07:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure damage, +20% may be better than AS/BF but there are so many of them that are mainly used for their additional effects even if they also do considerable damage. Why would I use +20% sword damage on Beatrix instead of AS/BF when I am using hers for the magic blink? AS/BF can't be called a waste outright just because of Shout or w/e attack boost.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously, you wouldn't use a 20% RM on someone you're using for buffing or debuffing since damage output isn't their primary focus, comparing apples to oranges.

Beatrix is a bad example though as it's extremely dubious as to whether that extra couple turns you save building magic blinks during the course of a fight outweighs the time shaved off the end phases of the fight by dealing more damage. A more applicable example of something like Battleforged vs 20% would be someone like Agrias, or as a more estranged example Balthier who either wouldn't need the extra 20% or would want to be able to fire off 2 or more consecutive SSBs as quickly as possible to take advantage of Imperil status.
By fillerbunny9 2016-06-03 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so that math basically seems to indicate that when you are getting ~515+ attack that you pull ahead with higher attack RMs instead of Battleforged etc. is that counting shout, or pre-shout, because I seem to be lucky to get ~320 attack from the menu screens.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-03 12:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh..Should i use 8000 gysahl for flame cloak? only other fire resist accessories I have are flame ring and gigas armlet. Only other option I could justify using 8000 gysahl is squall's necklace because I only have 2x att+30 accessories. So it is either 2x moderate fire resist or 3x att+30...

edit: 3x moderate fire
 Asura.Linkan
Server: Asura
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2016-06-03 12:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh..Should i use 8000 gysahl for flame cloak? only other fire resist accessories I have are flame ring and gigas armlet. Only other option I could justify using 8000 gysahl is squall's necklace because I only have 2x att+30 accessories. So it is either 2x moderate fire resist or 3x att+30...

Fire resists are everywhere Id focus on the Ice resist one and death resist accessories for those annoying gravity/hp based moves.

That being said the Fire cloak is pretty awesome, id get that between the two you mentioned because +30 atk accs are gunna be coming in all the time now i figure.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-03 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Linkan said: »

Fire resists are everywhere Id focus on the Ice resist one and death resist accessories for those annoying gravity/hp based moves.

That being said the Fire cloak is pretty awesome, id get that between the two you mentioned because +30 atk accs are gunna be coming in all the time now i figure.

KO resist accessories work for hp based moves? o.O

edit: Maybe I should just grab another gigas armlet since it gives moderate fire, ice, thunder resist in one package.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-03 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Linkan said: »

KO resist accessories work for hp based moves? o.O

Yes, for resisting Gravity based attacks.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-03 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing XI's Waughroon Shrine.

Ahriman puts his Airy Shield up.
Ramza -> Throw Stone
Miss Miss Miss Miss Miss
<3 <3

That attention to detail. Goblin Rush hitting 3 times too.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-03 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

It has something to do with her Dissidia attacks. Completely stupid but honestly their other choice was to just make her a Viviish monomage.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2016-06-03 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/em saw FFXI on FFRK

Yay, at last so happy !

/em saw 3 dungeons, Windurst path.....

Yay... I'm not from Windurst and don't like it... feel totally disapointed... I thought Vanadiel was more than that...
By Pantafernando 2016-06-03 16:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the Brutal Earring accessory DeNA added im Fatty Choco shop, but with just att+20 I didnt buy it.

I bought the +30 att and mag accessories, that filled all my party slot accessory so I could toss 20 synergy accessories. Now my inventory is much more lighter.
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 159 160 161