First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 159 160 161
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-05-28 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Again though that's all assuming you pull one of those to begin with, as the chances of drawing one of your desired items is lower, on average, than a normal banner when compared to the cost in mithril. This goes for f2p players (like myself) as well, not only whales.

That chance at a medica or one of the few ele boost relics on an individual relic level may be equal to getting something like a cyclone grimoire, but overall when considering the size and composition of the pool itself the chance of getting a stinker that youd have little to no use for is quite higher for most people who have been playing for a while and already have a good stock of relics.

I would still argue in this case that spending the extra 25 mithril to target those medicas and ele boost relics in a far more statistically viable environment is much more valuable if your goal is to receive relics that would expand your kit and options, and that these banners lack value outside of new and category starved accounts.

For every Lullaby Rod, there are two hypnocrowns. Or lamia tiaras. Or punishers.

I disagree with the lack of value you place on these. Your argument can easily apply to every banner. Every single banner has stinkers, some of them offering nothing but stats, thats the gamble I take when I do a draw.

Them 25 Mythril draws (Combat, Healing, whatever) do have the odds of pulling something like Revolver, but they also have the ability to pull both 1st Fusion Sword or Twin Lance, etc... but even Revolver offers a better Soul Break than his default SB, which if thats all you have.. is still an upgrade to master the SB. And thats the benefit to the 25's, you may pull a stinker, but you'll pull a stinker that you can at least master then Rosetta if by some bad luck you can't simply use it as Synergy, which I don't think will apply to many people.

Unless you're swimming in good Soul breaks and realm synergy already and an "upgrade" for you consists of a very specific new SSB/BSB, there is no reason not to do a 25 draw. Even then, if the SSB/Etc you need is a part of that 25 banner...

At least a 25 draw minimizes your Mythril lost if you pull a stinker, and at least that stinker has a chance of being some sort of upgrade since its always a unique SB.

Also I'm not entirely sure on this point, but your odds of drawing a Divine Rod on the Abyss pull are the same as drawing it on the Event banner, Isn't it? Should be around 1%? I'm under the impression Abyss Pulls have the same drop rate bonus factor for their relics. If so, makes even less sense not to draw, since relics don't fill the slots of other relics and in theory if you were lucky could land 11 5*'s in an 11 pull.

Anyway so long story short It'll be different for every person but you'd have to be really swimming fine in great SB/SSB's and Synergy out the butt to pass up a 25 draw.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-28 12:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with comparing the rates 1:1 with an actual event banner vs a Lucky banner is that the event banner has double to triple the odds of receiving a relic that isn't trash (especially with the current and upcoming banner formats) whereas the lucky banner has an overwhelming chance of popping out something that wouldn't even be useful for synergy at this stage of the game.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. People going to like Luckies regardless and I'm not about to try to convince people that it's a bad pull for everyone, however telling someone that a Lucky banner is absolutely worth pulling on or that it's always the best value proposition is outright incorrect and poor advice. Everyone needs to weigh their own options and consider the facts before pulling on any banner, and lucky banners are not an exception.

P.S.: No, the chances of pulling a Wizard's Rod are not the same on lucky as they would be on an event banner. Wizard's Rod is a 1% chance on event banners and only a 0.32% chance on Lucky. Every relic on the current lucky is 0.32% (for Combat lucky, it was 0.16%): you have a 0.32% chance to pull a Wizard's Rod and that same 0.32% chance to pull a Cyclone Grimoire. Event banners will soon have 2% chance at some SSBs, too. Lucky banners are explicitly stated and known to not feature any relic drop rate boosts like the event banners do, all a lucky banner does is force you to get a unique SB relic rather than a possible generic one. Each unique SB relic is the same drop rate vs each other one, and the rate is the normal 5* rate rather than the boosted rate. 12% chance per slot for a 5*, 0.32% chance for that 5* to be any of the relics in the pool.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-05-28 13:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
that wouldn't even be useful for synergy at this stage of the game.

I don't think the number of people with full up to date synergy is very high though :\. In fact I'm willing to bet its closer to 0% than 50%.

Still, Thanks for the 0.32 information, its good to know, even though overall odds stay the same %... So theoretically if I just wanted an AoE Cure SB, we have.. Healing Wind, HoTF, Medica, Oerba's Boon, Emerald Light, Trabia's Light, Dreamstage, Princess' Favor, Will of the WHM, Healing Grimoire, Sync, Portrait of Lakshmi, Pulse of Life, Miracle prayer... I think thats all of them?

So you would have 14 Chances at 0.32% at an AoE Cure SB or SSB x 11 rolls... good to know. Good odds of getting a Curaga, even if its a little outdated
By Draylo 2016-05-29 16:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol went into Kuja without Shell by mistake and still mastered. Used Dreamstage to block Gravija and that was enough to not lose all the damage taken medals.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-05-29 21:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOT!! Thank you Orbfest weekend!! I'm officially 100% caught up with EXP until the next event tomorrow night!

121/121 characters.
40 80's, 73 65's, and 8 50's.

14 MC2's and 1 MC1 waiting to get unlocked!
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-29 22:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Geeze, did you use Mythril?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-05-29 22:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Geeze, did you use Mythril?

Yeah, roughly about 15 per Sunday.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-30 01:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
WOOT!! Thank you Orbfest weekend!! I'm officially 100% caught up with EXP until the next event tomorrow night!

121/121 characters.
40 80's, 73 65's, and 8 50's.

14 MC2's and 1 MC1 waiting to get unlocked!

Jesus, that's amazing! Super jelly! That's some hella character realm synergy.

When you grind EXP like that, how exactly do you do it? 1-2 chars at a time? Fully party? The highest difficulty?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-05-30 02:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Jesus, that's amazing! Super jelly! That's some hella character realm synergy.

When you grind EXP like that, how exactly do you do it? 1-2 chars at a time? Fully party? The highest difficulty?

I used ++ Sunday daily, 3 melee's, 1 BLM character, 1 healer. Once I got down to the point I only had less than 5 people I started removing characters completely. So the rest of the characters could get more EXP. I saved mythril until Sunday ended up using about 15 each Sunday. Was usually enough to get 1 round of 80 characters, and about 3-4 65 characters, not to mention the 2/3/4* eggs I got while farming, I would use to egg about three LVL. 1 characters to 50 before I added them to the party. It made them a bit more durable and the ability to equip RM's is a really nice starting point.

Everything flowed together really well, it takes about 118 3* eggs to go from 1-50.

Fair warning though, Core characters will piss you off in ++ Daily, freaking things are squishy as fook in there. Even at 60+, lol.

Also, I'm starting to wonder about the drop rate for RM2 drop rate for core characters, I mean, I've had 2-3 normal characters be stingy with the drop rate on RM2/3's while EXP'ing, but the last 7 core characters I got to 65 NOT A SINGLE ONE DROPPED THEIR RM2.

Afterwards I spammed some 2 stamina dungeons with a party of 5 core characters with some stamina I had left over after the last member got to 65. And I still haven't seen a single one of them drop.

I get the feeling RM2 drop rate for core characters could have a possibility of being even lower than normal characters. Just a hunch. <.<;
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-05-30 21:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

These bonus Cid quest rewards are kinda shitty. I'm not exactly hurting for 4* orbs lol I guess its something..
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-05-31 08:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol went into Kuja without Shell by mistake and still mastered. Used Dreamstage to block Gravija and that was enough to not lose all the damage taken medals.

*ahem* Like I said earlier, Selphie is best waifu~
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-05-31 18:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The second Overflow soul break is out, this time for Tidus, and has water + neutral magic properties. (Making it mechanically stronger than Cloud's because of possibility to trigger weakness, assuming comparable multipliers)
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-01 14:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For Ultimate Steiner do I need to use a Mage team to beat him or can I use a physical team?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-01 14:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
For Ultimate Steiner do I need to use a Mage team to beat him or can I use a physical team?

I went with a physical strat. He isn't really dangerous with mitigation stuff, just takes a bit too long.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-01 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It is all about RNG :/ I tried with: Beatrix SSB (damage+aoe avoid magic), Gilgamesh SSB (damage+aoe major regen), Fran SB Shatterheart (attack down+magic down), SG, Medica II, Shout RW with near 400 mnd, 4 lightning resist accessories, decent RS and still struggled... In the end I used one mythril for some free charges (pulled offense+10%) and beat it smoothly with 1 medal lost to action and 1 to damage taken.

Edit: Flare Star still hurts even with shell, MBD, FB and SG. I needed magic down from Shatterheart on top of all that mitigation to take care of it.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-01 15:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

I went with a physical strat. He isn't really dangerous with mitigation stuff, just takes a bit too long.
I forgot to reduce his defense so didn't get champion ugh. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE conditions lol
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-06-01 19:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The second Overflow soul break is out, this time for Tidus, and has water + neutral magic properties. (Making it mechanically stronger than Cloud's because of possibility to trigger weakness, assuming comparable multipliers)

Cloud's is wind/neutral. They are quite literally identical.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-06-01 20:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Cloud's is wind/neutral. They are quite literally identical.

you're right I'm a dumbass
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-06-01 20:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SPEAKING OF WHICH:

[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-06-01 21:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like Shantotto comes tomorrow. Black mage/monk char.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-01 21:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Seems like Shantotto comes tomorrow. Black mage/monk char.

How are they introducing her? FFxi dungeon?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-01 21:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-01 21:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Yup.
So she suffers the same fate as Fusoya then ugh she'll be level 50 forever.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-01 21:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the Dissidia event, it seems. She should unlock to 80.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-01 21:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

She's supposed to be the ultimate Black Mage. She better blow Terra out of the water in terms of SSB and BSSB.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-01 21:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

She has the highest potential MAG stat. I don't know much about her beyond that because I'm not a mage meta player.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-06-01 21:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good SSB, no BSB yet, unless it's the same kind of BSB Maria got it will more or less just be situational like the rest.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-02 01:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

She's supposed to be the ultimate Black Mage. She better blow Terra out of the water in terms of SSB and BSSB.

Her ssb gives her quick cast magic either 3 or 5, so yea, better.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-02 01:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimate+ fights are forcing me to use very specific setups and thus I create things I may not otherwise and spending too many orbs for honing, might run out at this rate :/ I like the challenge though, frustrating at times but satisfactory.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-06-02 02:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Noel being released in the next jp 13-2 event o/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 159 160 161