Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 159 160 161
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-03 17:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lapis Laser!! It killed Selphie damnit! But still managed champion!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-06-03 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So as a lvl 99 clearer, what accessories would benefit me best for the upcoming weeks?
By Draylo 2016-06-03 20:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hate these gyshal system. You have to grind hard to get everything before it changes I feel like. Now by next week I need 40k to get the orbs and memory II crystal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 20:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you can skip the mc2 unless youre in a rush to uncap someone. events start shitting them out with great frequency very soon
By Draylo 2016-06-03 21:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I have everyone uncapped but I wasn't sure if I needed it later for someone they add to there like they did for a few characters when it first came out.
By Pantafernando 2016-06-03 21:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I really hate these gyshal system. You have to grind hard to get everything before it changes I feel like. Now by next week I need 40k to get the orbs and memory II crystal.

Its problem is that the incoming gysahl drop rate is crap.
My current goal in game is to grab the 10 staminas shards from Fat Choco, and skipping everything else but 2 MC2 and all mythril so far. The result is my current number is ~200.000 (dropped since I bought a couple of accessories), so it will take several days till I can get the 550.000 necessaries to buy all staminas shards. Its like around 5.000 per day the drop rate, and double gysahl drop rate weekend isnt more then 2 free days toward my goal.

Anyway, eventually I will get there.

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
So as a lvl 99 clearer, what accessories would benefit me best for the upcoming weeks?

If still dont have the +30 accessories, they are good options, as it beats every +20 and bellow accessories with RS so you can save a couple of inv space (if you can get 4 or 5 +30 att accessory you dont need any other accessory). Aside that, probably the elemental/KO resist accessories in case you face a boss elemental based or with gravija spells.

At least one MND+30 is good if you use a healer. The def/res/hp accessories, I never used them but I guess you can consider it if you lack RS armor.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 21:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental resistance accessories (Fire in particular will be very important soon) > KO resistance accessories (they also work on Gravity, Major ones are especially valuable as they are very rare and extremely powerful) > other resistance accessories > atk/mag+30

the atk and mag accessories aren't as valuable unless you only have 1 or 2 already since within the next 4 events we'll have received at least 5 of each ATK and MAG +30 acc. If you don't get a lot of time to farm greens then skipping over as many of those as possible is worthwhile.

But weh, you scream at me in the street, muh +15atk synergy. Not very strong, don't worry about it, especially when you consider inventory spaces.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-03 21:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be argued the extremely situational elemental resistance accessories are a bigger waste of inventory space.

I still have them, but I haven't actually used them for anything.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 21:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Except a 20-50% resistance to damage is far more valuable than a 3% or less boost to attack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll regret not having them once things like fragment ifrit show up
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-03 21:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
It could be argued the extremely situational elemental resistance accessories are a bigger waste of inventory space.
The same could be said for attack/magic accessories when you have proper buffs/debuffs.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-03 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My lack of VIII synergy is a far bigger issue in regards to my ability to do Ifrit Fragment.

Not to mention, that damage reduction is reliant on the character wearing it being hit.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 22:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Not to mention, that damage reduction is reliant on the character wearing it being hit.

...all the more reason to have one for every character? Benefits you get from armor synergy pale in comparison to a straight large % decrease in more than 70% of the boss's damage output, and 15 extra attack from squall's necklace is a laughable benefit if your offensive RS is what's preventing the kill.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-03 22:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

45 slots for extremely situational items. Mmmkay.

I'm not suggesting four each of +30 ATT/MAG and one +30 MND for each realm. That's too excessive.

But four +30 each of ATT/MAG and a single +30 MND is perfectly reasonable and not a waste of inventory by any means.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 22:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure how you get 45, that's some interesting arithmetic. not to mention theres an accessory that covers 3 elements by itself that you can now get a duplicate of. Earth, Water, and Ice resistances are less valuable; Holy, Fire, and Lightning are the important ones. KO resistance, Major ones in particular, are also remarkable for bosses that use Gravija for people who have a hard time with keeping enough medals to maintain mastery.

More than worth those slots compared to what is an even more situational 15 attack boost which, even when the situation allows the 15 attack to even be active, is a miniscule increase in performance compared to the enormous benefits of reducing damage taken by such a significant degree.

There is 0 practical benefit to spending gysahl greens on atk or mag accessories unless, as i previously stated, you only have 1 or 2 of them currently. Within the next 4 weeks we will have been given a minimum of 5 atk accessories and 5 mag accessories for free since the inception of Ultimate fights. 8,000 gysahl greens for what is saving you a few weeks of patience? Hard to recommend.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-03 22:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The dude literally said he's clearing 99's. Let me know when 5* accessories drop from those.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-03 22:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for a better list of ones to look for for those who care:

Fire res: Blaze armlet, Flame cloak x1, Necrophobe ward, Gigas armlet x2 = 5

Lightning res: Bolt armlet, Necrophobe ward, Gigas armlet x2, Coral ring = +2 = 7

Holy Res: Aurora armlet, Yuna's obi, Glow curtain x2 = +4 = 11

KO Res: Mythril armlet, Memento ring x2, Protect ring = +4 = 15

Other status and elemental resist accessories don't see as much use or are useful for fights that don't see much benefit from their use and thus aren't as valuable. Biggest one that comes to mind is Blind resist for Diamond Weapon U++ in 4-5 months, but plenty of time to stock up on those.

As for "the dude who said he's clearing 99s", let me know when he's the only one using this thread. I already covered twice what to do if you don't have a good stock of atk/mag acc already. Gysahl economics and the most valuable use of them affects everyone.

jfc
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-03 23:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

jfc

Not 11/11, not impressed, my 0/11 had a better lasting impression than this pull did, trust me.

ps: thats some nice XII synergy though, 3 swords, 2 armor pieces, the other 3 are up in the air for use or not due to comps and being weapons that arent always in demand.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-04 00:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The Flamberge is a pretty cool weapon. 3-hit ST with Chainstarter x2.

So, something like Life Siphon + Full Charge with Flamberge's SB could be a really good combo for Lightning if you don't have her BSB. Or SSB with Lightning weak enemy/AoE situation.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-04 00:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »

jfc

Not 11/11, not impressed, my 0/11 had a better lasting impression than this pull did, trust me.

ps: thats some nice XII synergy though, 3 swords, 2 armor pieces, the other 3 are up in the air for use or not due to comps and being weapons that arent always in demand.

I just wish I could get pulls like that .-. 2 bsbs ***
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-04 00:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon fam, soon
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-04 01:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna be hard resisting a pull on lightning bsb
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-06-04 08:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the advice btw, coming from "the dude who said he's clearing 99s" haha
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-04 09:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna be hard resisting a pull on lightning bsb

It's the only thing good on that banner. I'll wait for BSB Banners but I'm still stuck between BSB Banners 4 and 5 :/

I only have one Shadows SSB. I have Leon's SSB too but it kinda sucks. Plus I feel I need magic blink now for the ultimates now. Which banner should I go for you think?

Edit: arena ultimate ++ wasn't as bad as I thought. I ran out of abilities and had to finish the last 10% using attack lol. SG and Shellga MBD mitigated most of the last guys dmg.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2016-06-04 15:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself I am aiming for Bartz BSB, Tyro's wall, Ramza's Aoe heal but I want to try and save for Vaan's BSB
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-04 19:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reading that some people are holding out for Tyro's Selection Vol.1? When do we get that?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-04 19:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

3-4 months from now, maybe?
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-06-04 22:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
It's the only thing good on that banner.
Theres a lot of history with her and Proth. She was his first love. She hurt him a bit back on ssb banner sometime around December/January. Ever since that him and her have never been the same and he has tried to move on. He's been dating new people now, he had some fling with Agrias, but I think he has settled down a bit with Celes for now. Mind you, he wont tell you any of this, with you being a serf, but I have the full scoop. With her BSSB banner, seems she has come back in to town, wonder if Proth's heart will remain strong or crumble...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-04 22:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

she sed my pp wasnt big enuf
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-04 22:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chasin' that Overture. Not really feeling the "wait 6 months for your next guaranteed chance" thing.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-06-04 23:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
It's the only thing good on that banner.
Theres a lot of history with her and Proth. She was his first love. She hurt him a bit back on ssb banner sometime around December/January. Ever since that him and her have never been the same and he has tried to move on. He's been dating new people now, he had some fling with Agrias, but I think he has settled down a bit with Celes for now. Mind you, he wont tell you any of this, with you being a serf, but I have the full scoop. With her BSSB banner, seems she has come back in to town, wonder if Proth's heart will remain strong or crumble...
Ahh sounds like my affair with Garnet and Baetrix. Those uptight *** won't put out! I've had to settle for Selphie and Y'shtola instead -.-
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 159 160 161