Looking To Come Back. Is The Game Worth Playing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
By volkom 2015-04-01 15:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss 2008 ffxi
[+]
By Draylo 2015-04-01 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Vanadiel 2008 -> 90% grinding for the sake of grinding
Vanadiel 2015 -> ~20% grinding for the sake of grinding

And still whine about new vanadiel grinding, jeeze. It's like people don't even know what they want anymore.

Remember being forced to exp a shitload weekly just so you could maintain functionality as a lvl 75 sac puller? You don't lose your job points every day guys, to warrant the same constant headaches.

Been saying it since day 1. They are just bitter old grannies.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-01 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you either quit and become a fonewear or you play long enough to see yourself turn into a draylo
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-01 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What I miss from old XI vs current XI (not that i play atm)
Is that whole deep seeded community + achievement factor.
Old XI had that real nostalgic community care bear feel (at least to me) in which it felt really old school MMO like. Now it feels like just playing with a handful of friends or going solo and completing content.
Old XI grindyness was a total drag but at the same time it felt like a real challenge at times. Like you're fighting the same god damn boss in a dark souls game over and over until you finally win then you're like "*** YEAH FINALLY GOT THAT ***" *bam!* Now it feels like
"eh. I'ma go get that thing" (few hours/days later) "got it #swag" rinse and repeat.

but anywho. i think i may resub just to run around a little bit. i kinda like the mog house music >.>;
By Draylo 2015-04-01 15:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Old XI had that real nostalgic community care bear feel (at least to me) in which it felt really old school MMO like. Now it feels like just playing with a handful of friends or going solo and completing content.
Old XI grindyness was a total drag but at the same time it felt like a real challenge at times. Like you're fighting the same god damn boss in a dark souls game over and over until you finally win then you're like "*** YEAH FINALLY GOT THAT ***" *bam!* Now it feels like
"eh. I'ma go get that thing" (few hours/days later) "got it #swag" rinse and repeat.

but anywho. i think i may resub just to run around a little bit. i kinda like the mog house music >.>;

Yep I miss that too but sadly that will never return unless everyone comes back. Although, maybe it could happen if SE merges all the servers down to like 4~6 and we have 3k people online lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-01 15:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about people not knowing what they want is false imo, people know very well what they want, they just don't all want the same things.

If you see contrasting complaints on updates it's not cause one person is bipolar, but because two persons have different expectations and the joy of one is the pain of another and viceversa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 16:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Draylo said: »
volkom said: »

Yep I miss that too but sadly that will never return unless everyone comes back. Although, maybe it could happen if SE merges all the servers down to like 4~6 and we have 3k people online lol.
Society and the behaviour of the majority of players has changed too much, I doubt that will ever exist again sadly.

I kind of agree. Alot of people have lives now so they cant grind like they used to. Like me, i quit 14 to finish my PH.D and i couldn't put the time into grinding like i would like
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-01 16:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is pretty good now. With vagary yorcia skirmish can even do a tojil or a wokpet from time to time. And when soloing can steamrolled thru abyssea for empry 109 upgrades mats.

Only problem is so much to do so little time. When I log on get a tell for vagary when my initial goal was get empry 109 mats then after vagary Time for bed. A good problem nevertheless.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-04-01 18:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How you been doing Draylo?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-01 19:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
you either quit and become a fonewear or you play long enough to see yourself turn into a draylo

rofl, well played
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-04-01 19:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

unreal 10/10
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-02 11:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if i need to wait 30 days to transfer servers after i reactivate my acct or can i activate it, buy a few things, then transfer?
By Giaden 2015-04-02 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can Transfer right away, but again don't quote me on that lol.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-02 11:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
I think you can Transfer right away, but again don't quote me on that lol.
I would think that 2 but u know how SE gets lol
By Giaden 2015-04-02 11:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Long as they get there money! That's what they care about :D