Looking To Come Back. Is The Game Worth Playing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
By fonewear 2015-03-31 20:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yes it's worth it.

No it isn't but carry on !
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ive been out of the game since ffxiv came out and im curious about content, servers, and jobs. Can some of you guys comment so i have a general idea of what im getting into. Also looking for a server with a ls that will take me. I have all jobs 99 and max skilled and geared. Looking to play either pld, rdm, drk, mnk, or drg.
You have s lot of work to do to regain functionality but yes it's worth it, just don't make too many mules.

Trust me.
I only have 1 mule and he was for curing in abyssea when i used to dual box for emps
That's good, your more normal these days since everyone and their grandma made a mule whm back then. Just don't succumb to a Blm mule a sch mule a brd mule a geo mule too

is blm a playable job now? when i quit, blm wasnt use in endgame anymore
 Phoenix.Yusshiryushi
Server: Phoenix
user: yusshi
By Phoenix.Yusshiryushi 2015-03-31 21:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Draylo said: »
Yes it's worth it.

No it isn't but carry on !

It is always how everyone feels with it ;) some do good, some don't. Some get further - some don't. Now why do they not? Either no interest or dumb imo :)
By Pantafernando 2015-03-31 21:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop playing and go work to make your country economy better.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-31 22:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i really wasnt planning on comming back to bahamut. That server was crap when i left i can only imagine what its like now lol

Well, as a former resident of Bahamut I can say it wasn't all bad, just had it's share of a$$holes, but hey all servers have them lol.
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 22:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Server population is half at best, most of the time less from what I have seen. And yes, still plenty of *** around. But there still cool folks to.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 23:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bloodbathboy said: »
Server population is half at best, most of the time less from what I have seen. And yes, still plenty of *** around. But there still cool folks to.

your ls leader messaged me offering to take me into your shell so i think im gonna go to your server. im down to duo bst with you if u want. kinda curious about the new solo methods.
By Wordspoken 2015-04-01 08:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
ITT: your hobbies and work are mutually exclusive.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-04-01 08:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't all that great. Still needs a server merge or try to transfer to an active one.
By Giaden 2015-04-01 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I still find the game fun^^ There is a lot to do, and if you are 99 without the new gear sets, you'll have lots to do. Its a bit harder to come up with good groups to go with. Shout groups are still fairly common, though your chances of clearing and winning events drops dramatically. If you hook up with a good shell that is around the same playing level as you are now, you will be constantly doing things.

Just remember, You have to make your own fun to... don't rely on everyone else to make fun for you.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2015-04-01 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

renew for a month, you'll only need a few days to realize the reason you quit.

I mean, unless you like the idea of grinding for the sake of grinding, then you'll have a blast.

it reminds me of Destiny at this point, the really only thing to do in the game is grind so you can get stuff to more efficiently grind the grind, Not because of Story or fun or anything, but because of habit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-01 11:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bloodbathboy said: »

your ls leader messaged me offering to take me into your shell so i think im gonna go to your server. im down to duo bst with you if u want. kinda curious about the new solo methods.
Sweet man. Need someone to hang with for sure.
By Ruaumoko 2015-04-01 11:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to be worth it beyond November.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-01 12:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

We can't work 24/7 lol
 Lakshmi.Baek
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Baek 2015-04-01 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I play FFXI and FFXIV and to be honest I like FFXI better because of the gameplay mechanics. FFXIV is like a button smasher but you do need to know what your doing on each job. However, FFXI has a more in depth gaming mechanic and has a lot of more content. But yea it is worth it.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-04-01 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself recently came back to the game (changed servers, static in FFXIV fell apart until expansion and my b/f and his co-workers needed a WHM desperately), and honestly, if you can get a good linkshell to help you out it's pretty good right now. Plenty to do to catch up plus some of the new Adoulin stuff is fun.

I will admit though, you do need people to play with. Doing it alone is tough and is overwhelming. Other than that, try it out. Worst thing that happens is you lose 12 bucks, lol.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-04-01 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Doing it alone is tough and is overwhelming.

Ehh, it's just hard to figure things out. This game is kinda complicated at times, and there's so much to it.

If you don't have an idea of the direction you need to go for advancing your character, exping, getting better gear/etc, or just don't understand the end game systems (the whole adoulin stuff) then you can easily get confused and overwhelmed. I went through the entirety of it a while ago and once I understood everything and it all made sense, it's pretty easy to get going.

Besides that though, soloing and/or joining pickup groups for most things you need is really easy. Chapters can be soloed, sparks, reives, some of the skirmishes (otherwise you need a few other people), etc. You can get a lot done just by yourself, as long as you know where to go or what to do, which can be the hard part.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 14:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill figure it out. Im kinda curious how people are able to do 20k dmg outside abyssea. The stats on gear has changed alot so thats something to look forward to.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you allowed to use CDC with an excalibur yet? I remember there was some speculation about it when i left but idk if they folloed through
By Giaden 2015-04-01 14:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Your able to obtain the Empy WS through a small quest.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials
To obtain the mats, you can either farm them in Walk of Echos, obtain them through log in points campaign or just buy them from people. Some of the WS are very good, such as Rudra's Storm and Fudo, others not so much.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wa
Giaden said: »
Your able to obtain the Empy WS through a small quest.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials
To obtain the mats, you can either farm them in Walk of Echos, obtain them through log in points campaign or just buy them from people. Some of the WS are very good, such as Rudra's Storm and Fudo, others not so much.

What about merited ws? Can you fully merit more than 3 now?
By Giaden 2015-04-01 14:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can but its not needed as much, since they have adjusted a lot of the Merited Ws. It will really depend on the WS you are looking at. Things like Stardiver, Last Stand, are still relevant but with the availability of Empy Ws, a lot of them have lost a lot of ground.
*I want to say that putting 3 merits into a WS now, is about equal to a full 5/5 back when it first came out. Its been a while since I checked in on them, as I don't utilize much with merited WS these days on my jobs.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can but its not needed as much, since they have adjusted a lot of the Merited Ws. It will really depend on the WS you are looking at. Things like Stardiver, Last Stand, are still relevant but with the availability of Empy Ws, a lot of them have lost a lot of ground.
*I want to say that putting 3 merits into a WS now, is about equal to a full 5/5 back when it first came out. Its been a while since I checked in on them, as I don't utilize much with merited WS these days on my jobs.
Thats pretty cool, i have 3 ws fully merited and i have 30 merits waiting so ill have some fun
By Giaden 2015-04-01 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to Merit your merits! You can hold up to 45 merits now, but you need to use your merits to increase them from 30 to 45 lol.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-01 15:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Wordspoken said: »

We can't work 24/7 lol

Excuses.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-04-01 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to Merit your merits! You can hold up to 45 merits now, but you need to use your merits to increase them from 30 to 45 lol.
Thats pretty cool, and redundant lol
[+]
By Giaden 2015-04-01 15:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup! As a lot of guys have said, its still a grind. Its just what you do between the Grinding, is what makes it fun or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Vanadiel 2008 -> 90% grinding for the sake of grinding
Vanadiel 2015 -> ~20% grinding for the sake of grinding

And still whine about new vanadiel grinding, jeeze. It's like people don't even know what they want anymore.

Remember being forced to exp a shitload weekly just so you could maintain functionality as a lvl 75 sac puller? You don't lose your job points every day guys, to warrant the same constant headaches.

Yea but in 2008 the game had a future !

Beyond 2016 is a question mark.