Looking To Come Back. Is The Game Worth Playing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
looking to come back. is the game worth playing?
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been out of the game since ffxiv came out and im curious about content, servers, and jobs. Can some of you guys comment so i have a general idea of what im getting into. Also looking for a server with a ls that will take me. I have all jobs 99 and max skilled and geared. Looking to play either pld, rdm, drk, mnk, or drg.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-31 12:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: Read the stickies (http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45967/returning-player-guide-for-final-fantasy-11/).
Step 2: Read the 8,542 other threads on whether or not it's worth coming back. Trust me, you're not the first.
Step 3: Come on back, try it out, leave if you don't like it. If $12 is that much of an issue, may want to prioritize where you're spending.

To answer your questions:
- Shouldn't have a problem finding a social ls to get back into the game.
- You're not far behind if you have lv 99 jobs with skill maxed out, but your gear will likely need to be replaced, depending on exactly when you left.
- Probably won't have a problem playing any jobs, but probably you will probably play PLD and RDM most, then MNK, DRK and probably least likely to use DRG in events.
[+]
By Giaden 2015-03-31 12:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of Changes since you have been gone. Even with maxed out jobs and skill, you would still need a lot of gearing to do. TBH its not bad to gear up, but still take some time and to find a shell that is willing to take you under their wing.

There are several posts in here that show you the basics of coming back and what to expect. I'll see if I can find some for you.

As for servers, I would suggest doing some research into the shells before choosing one. Several, including the one I'm currently on, Quetz, has been losing a lot of NA players.

Job wise, any of those are fine, though I'm sure you remember, most linkshells are looking for support rolls more then DD. Pld is a good staple to have, but again gearing properly is crucial.
By Draylo 2015-03-31 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still playing 14 draylo? I remember seeing you in a dungeon once a while back
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
Lots of Changes since you have been gone. Even with maxed out jobs and skill, you would still need a lot of gearing to do. TBH its not bad to gear up, but still take some time and to find a shell that is willing to take you under their wing.

There are several posts in here that show you the basics of coming back and what to expect. I'll see if I can find some for you.

As for servers, I would suggest doing some research into the shells before choosing one. Several, including the one I'm currently on, Quetz, has been losing a lot of NA players.

Job wise, any of those are fine, though I'm sure you remember, most linkshells are looking for support rolls more then DD. Pld is a good staple to have, but again gearing properly is crucial.

I think my pld is still semi relevant, i have almost all the major weapons ex burt and almace. And i had full dmg reduction sets. Should i focus on pld?
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-31 13:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-31 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 13:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess ill do pld, can someone post a link to the trials i need to take my excalibur and aegis past 99? I checked the sword trials page at bg and wiki and i couldn't find anything
By Giaden 2015-03-31 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trade in 300 Plutons to the guy in lower Jeuno. Pretty simple on that. Check the pld page and ask around on updated sets for it. I'm way out of the loop on pld these days.

The guys name is Oboro. In lower Jeuno all the way down the steps.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Oboro
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-31 13:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Guess ill do pld, can someone post a link to the trials i need to take my excalibur and aegis past 99? I checked the sword trials page at bg and wiki and i couldn't find anything
As Giadan said but with regards to Aegis, that and Gjallahorn can't be upgraded past 99.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-03-31 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yes it's worth it.

...until November.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-31 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it.

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Yes it's worth it.

...until November.

^

Final year of major updates and content so if you're gonna come back now is the time, but after November not gonna be worth you're money unless you want to satisfy some completionist OCD and finish everything in the game, but why waste money on even that? lol

But yeah come back while the getting is good but just be aware after November, that's it. No new major updates, no new content.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 13:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats unfortunate, thamx for the input guys ill do my research.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 14:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and no. If you have friends who play for sure. Everyone has super gear now. I feel kinda bad when I get invited to do things now because I know my gear sucks and they could find someone better. I am catching up though piece by piece. But its tough. I am part of a pretty active LS now but am to embrassed to ask for help or even advice.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-03-31 14:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

how long ago did tp get changed from 300 to 3k? I saw someone say 3000 and just took it as a typo but I no longer think that's the case.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 14:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
how long ago did tp get changed from 300 to 3k? I saw someone say 3000 and just took it as a typo but I no longer think that's the case.
I noticed. I was yeah 30 WS!
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bloodbathboy said: »
Yes and no. If you have friends who play for sure. Everyone has super gear now. I feel kinda bad when I get invited to do things now because I know my gear sucks and they could find someone better. I am catching up though piece by piece. But its tough. I am part of a pretty active LS now but am to embrassed to ask for help or even advice.
Unfortunately all of my friends have moved on and im alone. I gotta find a ls or something. Im on asura and willing to swap if anyone out there needs a job i listed haha
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Its tough man. I am going to see how things go for the next month or so. I don't want to bother anyone asking questions. Much less asking for help. My advice. Level SMN and BST. And get trust npc. I do a lot of ATM.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its tough man. I am going to see how things go for the next month or so. I don't want to bother anyone asking questions. Much less asking for help. My advice. Level SMN and BST. And get trust npc. I do a lot of ATM.
I actually have both lol. I have the delve axe you can buy with plasm for bst but smn needs work. All i have are the smn magian staffs fot it.
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Well my friend your BST is better off than mine, lol. You can buy a Balsam stuff cheap now.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 15:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill definitely check it out. My bst was pretty op when i quit so im hoping it wont be too much to gear it up again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-31 15:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You got the hands. Just need relc hands and body. Just empy the rest.
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-03-31 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

As the leader of said LS, I feel compelled to comment. Please do not feel embarrassed to ask any questions or for help in moving forward. We are a group of good people and I extended my hand to offer you a home on our server, not because I had to, but because I want to see you succeed. We are here man, (we can't read minds) if you need anything just ask, you may be surprised at the results ^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-03-31 16:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
SE just changed the scale. Instead of a 0 - 300 scale it is 0-3000 now.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 16:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the whole +2relic for bst, just dont have them all augmented
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Ive been out of the game since ffxiv came out and im curious about content, servers, and jobs. Can some of you guys comment so i have a general idea of what im getting into. Also looking for a server with a ls that will take me. I have all jobs 99 and max skilled and geared. Looking to play either pld, rdm, drk, mnk, or drg.
You have s lot of work to do to regain functionality but yes it's worth it, just don't make too many mules.

Trust me.
I only have 1 mule and he was for curing in abyssea when i used to dual box for emps
By Elazar1 2015-03-31 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Eww it's you, stay on asura, tbh bahamunt is dead. And every thing had gear wise will have to be changed. But it's easy as hell to get everything now man.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-03-31 19:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i really wasnt planning on comming back to bahamut. That server was crap when i left i can only imagine what its like now lol
First Page 2 3