Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-15 18:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i would do your blm enfeeble set a little different. that might be ok for slow/para, but you shouldn't be the one doing those. blm enfeebles are all about no resist to get max duration. genie lappa, af body +1, balrahns ring, and oracles gloves are better all around. i believe the gloves you have only work in areas controlled by home nation.

if you want me to try and pull my old sets, i can make sure you know how to be the best 75 blm evar.

*Edit* also there was some reason i used ixion cape over the one you have for nuking but i can't remember why ._. then again i think they changed magic damage calculations so iunno anymore.
Ixion cape was probably for sorc. ring ease of use. Pretty sure after the magic damage changes that the 5 INT capes beat Hecate's anyways and Ixion is +1 inventory.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-15 19:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i would do your blm enfeeble set a little different. that might be ok for slow/para, but you shouldn't be the one doing those. blm enfeebles are all about no resist to get max duration. genie lappa, af body +1, balrahns ring, and oracles gloves are better all around. i believe the gloves you have only work in areas controlled by home nation.

if you want me to try and pull my old sets, i can make sure you know how to be the best 75 blm evar.

*Edit* also there was some reason i used ixion cape over the one you have for nuking but i can't remember why ._. then again i think they changed magic damage calculations so iunno anymore.
Ixion cape was probably for sorc. ring ease of use. Pretty sure after the magic damage changes that the 5 INT capes beat Hecate's anyways and Ixion is +1 inventory.

Maybe good for a -enmity nuking set too? Can't remember if that was really a thing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hoturi
Server: Asura
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2015-04-28 22:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are "close" to official, but most servers do not have a properly working enmity table, classes like RUN/GEO are completely broken.

It's hardly a functioning version of the game tbh.
 Fenrir.Iiana
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Iiana 2015-04-29 02:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in this kind of reboot. It feels like sooner or later the current endgame content will get dull (I'm already bored of Vagary) so will rhapsodies before too long, and then there's not much left after that.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
Server: Bahamut
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2015-04-29 04:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious...
What is the fastest way to delvl from 99 to 75?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-29 04:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably setting your HP to the Morimar Basalt Fields WKR and using the Matamatas nearby. It would still take quite a while, though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-01 05:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump with fun!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Khimaira trio by Lv.75 RDM/NINx2, BLM/NIN.

Only the last 7% unfortunately due to recording messing up, up until <35% this was a duo. Fun stuff.

Some notes, in addition to what is already said by Deadwing on the video:
-No out of era equipment used.
-No out of era augments used (synergy, etc).
-Merits are limited the same way they were at 75 cap. Due to the HP/MP adjustment, none of us have any merits into HP or MP.

Enjoy!
By Mookies 2015-06-01 06:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: People complaining about wanting 75 cap server/content, yet in their "progression" videos/stills they're using a bunch of QoL improvements, such as trusts.

Seriously. Really tired of this epeen nostalgia circle jerk.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-01 07:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
ITT: People complaining about wanting 75 cap server/content, yet in their "progression" videos/stills they're using a bunch of QoL improvements, such as trusts.

Wrong topic son! If you want to poke fun at those people in the numerous "make a vanilla ffxi server" threads, the official forums is the place to go for you.
All I see here is people smart enough to realize that such a server isn't coming and have adapted using existing means.
[+]
 Asura.Kimico
user: Kimico
By Asura.Kimico 2015-06-01 07:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »

Wrong topic son! If you want to poke fun at those people in the numerous "make a vanilla ffxi server" threads, the official forums is the place to go for you.
All I see here is people smart enough to realize that such a server isn't coming and have adapted using existing means.
Agreed, even though you can play how the game used to be in the current game's current state...

EDIT: Are there any 75 Only Linkshells on any server that are active...? Have a Vent or TS3 or Forums of some sort??? I will join today and the activity will be real.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-01 11:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Source?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-01 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimico said: »

Agreed, even though you can play how the game used to be in the current game's current state...

EDIT: Are there any 75 Only Linkshells on any server that are active...? Have a Vent or TS3 or Forums of some sort??? I will join today and the activity will be real.

Starting a small shell of Lv.75 players for HNMs here on Asura, if you're serious.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-01 15:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Source?
The most recent one, have fun not getting a headache at the reasoning of some of those people.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47058-Classic-server-what-s-the-argument-against-it-now

Just do me a favor and keep the debate there.

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Starting a small shell of Lv.75 players for HNMs here on Asura, if you're serious.

Not my cup of tea, but for those that want to; Best of luck and fun to you!
By Draylo 2015-06-01 15:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally just don't understand the enjoyment out of this at all. Maybe someone can explain how its more fun than current content? Looking at it, from my view, I see yall standing around for over 20m spamming utsu/stoneskin/DoTs until it dies. I just don't see how that is fun and I certainly don't miss the 75 days, I only miss the community/population.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-01 15:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Source?
The most recent one, have fun not getting a headache at the reasoning of some of those people.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47058-Classic-server-what-s-the-argument-against-it-now

Just do me a favor and keep the debate there.

Not my cup of tea, but for those that want to; Best of luck and fun to you!

Oh so no source to support your assumption and we all know what they say about assuming.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-01 15:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Do you guys set default like a week before lvl 80, to include the mini expansions and stuff or nah?

huh?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-01 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Do you guys set default like a week before lvl 80, to include the mini expansions and stuff or nah?

huh?

I think he means stuff like ASA, ACP, etc.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-01 17:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Josiahfk said: »
Yes that's what I meant seƱor; It was very late but it was still 75 cap content and some pretty amazingly powerful augments worth pursuing.

Ah, yeah those are fine, I use them myself.

I'm mostly referring to gear like Dark Rings/Black Earrings from abyssea, that nuke belt from Unity, some others I can't recall right now.

The only augments we don't use are those from synergy that you put on to Abjurations/Sky God equipment.
By Kimico 2015-06-01 17:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimico said: »

Wouldn't ask if I wasn't serious bud ;)
EDIT: Please PM me I will make a new character right now, I have 3 chars already with 99 access and RoV soo yeah. I'll need a fresh one.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-06-01 22:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said: »
Draylo said: »
I personally just don't understand the enjoyment out of this at all. Maybe someone can explain how its more fun than current content? Looking at it, from my view, I see yall standing around for over 20m spamming utsu/stoneskin/DoTs until it dies. I just don't see how that is fun and I certainly don't miss the 75 days, I only miss the community/population.

You're right this wasn't a very exiting segment of the video, and I agree with you about the community/population. The appeal to me personally about a lowman like this is it works, and may even look easy, but if you throw three random level 75s in there they'll get torn to pieces. Only very specific job combos with, in our case, hundreds of pieces of gear can manage a win.

I've always been really fascinated with level 75 rdm/nin because there's so many options and ways to push it into even more powerful territory. Back in 2009 my record for holding hydra solo was 19 minutes, but going back in now with even higher quality gear and better swaps I managed to last over an hour. I'm fairly confident no other job combination at level 75 can do anything like that. It's interesting to me to explore that power, even years after the fact.

Everything you described there can be down nowdays, you are just trading lv99+ilevel gear for lv75+nostalgia. Have you looked at the various solos done nowdays like Mischiefs SCH solo (just recently did a VD fight solo I forget which one.) or Papesses low man fights for VD like Ouryu, while using jobs like SMN? Put any average lv119 player and they wouldn't be able to do those fights with even 6 players, which is why they go for the easy difficulties.

You could low man a lot more in the current game with all the different gear sets (still requires very specific sets to win) as opposed to the 75 cap days. There are fights today just like you described where "no other job combination can do anything like that" mainly in reference to SCH from what I've seen in Mischiefs solo (Legion, Prov watcher, etc.) You could be the one testing those boundaries of content people actually care about instead of dwelling in the past.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-01 23:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it has less impact nowadays.

When Avesta "came out", it was a huge hit because he was doing what other people may have thought about but never had the balls to try. And actually, the game changed around this time, and by the game, I mean its playerbase. People got motivation from it, some of them even before it became public, and the game shifted into what you describe.

But other than Kaeko who took care of BR if I remember correctly, I don't remember anyone else doing something truly impressive. The Cactrot Rapido solo was fun, yeah, but it was highly impractical and it wasn't something players could relate to.

Actually, in the end, Avesta is the only of the three that people could relate to, and managed to emulate "properly" and grow from it. Others were merely benchmarks (except for the Cactrot one, it was just a fun thing) that had a very mild impact in the end except for a select few players.

Not taking away their efforts and achievement, I'm rather interested in those things, but they just forgot the "if I'm going to share something and people are unable to relate, it's not gonna work".

When Iforgotwho (sorry), that French DRK, released info about haste caps and showed 100 Apoc and other fun stuff, even though Apoc wasn't an attainable goal for most of us, we could still relate. We could relate through our Bahamut's Zaghnal, Ridill, Mercurial Kris. It had a huge impact on me and I pooped a zerg ready DRK overnight.

Then, I see this Provenance Watcher solo. It's kinda impressive, I actually respect the guy for what he did, the efforts, the thoughts, all that. But, at the end of the day, it touches my left ball without making the right one move. It has no impact other than "a SCH soloed it". And most of the impressive solos happening nowadays are made of the same cloth.

Simply put, most people will not go out of their way to gear up the job and work on the strat, even if it's just to copy it. People just fail to find it truly interesting.
It's the exact reason why some people gear up RDM75, because that's all they care about and why most people do not do either, because nowadays, most people give no ***about a VD solo when they can squeeze 3 VD groups. Efficiency is also a thing, it's not just about people sucking penises, that's way too narrow minded.

I'm not calling people attention *** or anything but it's wrong to compare what this thread is about and what happened in the past. People do it for kicks, nobody would be so dumb as to hope to be the new Avesta in term of impact.
Papesse has always done those things, he/she's different (he/she's a bit like Avesta, just that people didn't pay attention to him/her in the past).

Just let people enjoy their solo and don't give it a crazy meaning. Soloing/low manning something doesn't make people messiahs or something. This game isn't just about low manning or soloing, players can have even more impact just by playing or sharing with people in specific ways. The worth of a player isn't determined by such things either.

Just because you don't know someone doesn't mean they aren't examples, hardcore and haven't pushed the limits further than anyone did before.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-06-01 23:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like people feel like they have to take sides on 75 vs 119 stuff =/

in reference to the argument of 75 vs current solos...for the naysayers on 75 stuff, it's not just 119 that's the valid alternative, there's other levels too! since NM solos are an aspect of the game I enjoy, I feel like this should be explored at more rounded levels (20, 30, 40...), not just 75 and 119, that makes NM solo game more diverse, however I do like low and current level soloing.

As far as the endgame argument goes, there's really only two different eras you see people doing today, current (119) and old (75) stuff. Personally, there's things I like/dislike about both, I enjoy current content a lot, and while I do agree that sometimes people tend to remember 75 era more fondly than it actually was, it also has many enjoyable qualities. I would revisit some 75 content if given the opportunity(not completely change over, however if I had the option to enter Dynamis or Sky at a capped level or something with an alliance...) Some of the Unity NMs have a recommended level of 75, so those would be cool to do too.

I would also totally do level 50 stuff like mentioned earlier, that would be interesting lol. Something else I really enjoyed was early Abyssea, just VoA, like when you needed an alliance to take down Briareus, but 80 is an oddly specific level people would do stuff at, would probably fall more under 75 stuff.

I also liked 99 content too, but you never see anyone wanting to go back to that for some reason, and that's actually easier to pull off since you just rip off your ilvl equipment(although job gift spells and such throw a bit of a wrench in it.) 99 was also a time gear from most all available content was still relevant imo, I mean, there wasn't endgame still to be made of things like Sky/Sea since they were easily solo/lowmannable, but just a statement that obtainability of relevant gear varied most at that point in time. Again, some Unity NMs with a recommended level of 99 are added here too.

I'm not really sure what the point of my post is. I read the most recent comments and felt like I wanted to express that more diversity should exist in low level replication and people can dabble in all its forms, instead of it being that you take the side of being either into 119 stuff, or being into 75 stuff. It doesn't have to be so choosy and black & white. Explore the game and have fun.
[+]