First Official GOP President Announcement

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 61 62 63
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-14 02:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lye said: »
In practicality, it's broad, overly simplistic, and ignorant to any and all itemized costs planned parenthood has.
Strange, they had the ability to prove it, but haven't....

I mean, Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization subject to 990 rules, and yet, they don't disclose such public information required.......

So, prove it to us that they are abiding by the law. That's the only way you can prove us wrong. Why haven't you done that yet?

Did you look for this information? A quick google search brings up this information and it is not hidden but available on their website.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/annual-report
-Annual report 2013-2014
-Most recent audited financial statement
-Most recent IRS form 990

Edit: back read more pages and you already linked the 990 report. What exactly are you looking for?

Edit2:
Well, thanks for showing that they are still being funded by the government to preform abortions.

Hint: check page 19 (page 21 on the pdf)
What?
That doesn't say that at all...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-14 03:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Um, funding parts of an organization funds pretty much all of said organization, because it frees up cash to be used for its other parts.

Logic.
You could argue that, but then you would have to apply that to every organization that receives any government aid.

E.g. Providing religious organizations with funding for specific projects (feeding the homeless, water treatment in international countries, etc) could be argued also funds their religious conversion activities.

E.g. Boeing receiving government funding for military research but competing with Airbus in commercial markets. Then Boeing complaining to the WTO that Airbus has an unfair advantage because Airbus received government funding.

E.g. Pharmacetucial companies getting funding for human trials for an unreleased drug and some of the humans dying from side effects from that trial.

E.g. Another pharma company receives funding for cancer research but they also make the drugs used in executions.

E.g. A private or charter school which receives funding and promotes creationism, religion, atheism, anythingoffensivetoanyone.

E.g. Private universities that accept tuition for their students from government financial aid programs.

E.g. A company decides to build a plant in a town and the town provides the infrastructure. The company pollutes the water, starts producing a controversial product not related to that plant, has a scandal occur in another part of the world, etc.

Companies, NPO's, and individuals who recieve grants for specific projects or under specific conditions are required to keep track of their expenses and are audited.

You can argue opportunity cost (one project would be funded a different way or not funded at all if there weren't grants) but you are arguing that for everything now. There are very few businesses (if any) that in some way don't collect on grants, tax breaks, or direct funding by federal or local governments.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-14 05:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Lye said: »
In practicality, it's broad, overly simplistic, and ignorant to any and all itemized costs planned parenthood has.
Strange, they had the ability to prove it, but haven't....

I mean, Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization subject to 990 rules, and yet, they don't disclose such public information required.......

So, prove it to us that they are abiding by the law. That's the only way you can prove us wrong. Why haven't you done that yet?

Did you look for this information? A quick google search brings up this information and it is not hidden but available on their website.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/annual-report
-Annual report 2013-2014
-Most recent audited financial statement
-Most recent IRS form 990

Edit: back read more pages and you already linked the 990 report. What exactly are you looking for?

Edit2:
Well, thanks for showing that they are still being funded by the government to preform abortions.

Hint: check page 19 (page 21 on the pdf)
What?
That doesn't say that at all...
We have already went over this.

But since you were nice enough to provide the KPMG audited statements, I wanted to know if you actually looked at it.

Because, if you were to really look at it, you would notice that the federal funding is either in the "unrestricted" or "temporary restricted" categories. The problem is, if it was to be restricted by law, the funding itself should be in the "permanently restricted" category, wouldn't you think?

That is the only way anyone can prove that the federal money received is being held for anything but abortions and abortion activities. So, thanks for proving Ravael and myself right. I was waiting for somebody smart enough to understand the annual report to show that to us, I didn't want to lay all my cards on the table all at once.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-14 05:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You could argue that, but then you would have to apply that to every organization that receives any government aid.
Sure, why not? I mean, if you really want to pick at the details.

But let's see here, in your examples, how much "funding" (direct or indirect) from the government do those entities receive vs. the amount of funding Planned Parenthood receives? You do realize that Planned Parenthood receives most of their support from the federal government, right? Check your second link, or Flavin's link. Notice that the federal funding is over 40% of their total funding?

Now, how much funding do you think any of those examples you provided receives from the federal government directly?

There are very few businesses (if any) that in some way don't collect on grants, tax breaks, or direct funding by federal or local governments.
Name a tax break. I'm sure you are going to say Section 179/168(k), and I assure you, that's not a tax break.

Also, Section 1 is not a tax break either. Or are you going to argue that companies should be taxed on gross income instead of net?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-14 08:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, funding parts of an organization funds pretty much all of said organization, because it frees up cash to be used for its other parts. Logic.

(stuff that's too long to quote)

Yay, someone provided some examples that were actually in the same ballpark of what we're talking about. Not all of them were on a mark, but a few were. Step 2 is identifying which of those good examples have business practices that cannot legally be funded by the government.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-14 08:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary needs to appear fun, and what better way to do that than eating burritos.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-14 08:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi my name is Sandra Fluke and I can't afford birth control. Please give me free birth control. Pretty please with a cherry on top. Birth control.
By fonewear 2015-04-14 08:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That is soon to be a fetish. Hillary eating burritos that's my fetish !
By fonewear 2015-04-14 08:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think of Hillary I sure as hell don't think of fun...I think of my bitchy English teacher in high school...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 09:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

cannot legally be funded by the government.

Uh, what can't legally be funded by the government? We "legally" seize american's property with no justification, "legally" collect information on their comings and goings and communication, "legally" torture people, "legally" enter sovereign airspace and fire missiles... I'm curious why those laws which are friggin' real aren't a problem and non-existent "no abortion funding" laws are.

P.S. the only reason we're all trying to come up with analogies for you is that you're purposefully ignoring equivalence.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-14 09:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
non-existent "no abortion funding" laws are.
Wait, the Hyde Amendment doesn't exist to you?

Is it because you don't like it?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 09:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a constitutional amendment, it's an appropriations amendment, and it says that certain types of funding for the department of health and human services as well as medicaid cannot be appropriated to directly pay for abortions except in the case of rape or incest. General funding to PPFA isn't used to directly fund abortions nor do they perform them under medicaid. No law is being broken.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-14 09:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a constitutional amendment, it's an appropriations amendment, and it says that certain types of funding for the department of health and human services as well as medicaid cannot be appropriated to directly pay for abortions except in the case of rape or incest. General funding to PPFA isn't used to directly fund abortions nor do they perform them under medicaid. No law is being broken.
Who said that the law was being broken? All we are saying is that the federal government is indirectly funding abortions.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-14 09:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Still waiting for someone to explain to me why the trivial amount of money (as compared to, say, what we spend on military funding that still has managed to put us so deep in the hole that it defies belief) that may pay for a few abortions is something worth arguing over.

The only argument I can see is that you object to abortion on moral grounds. And that's ok, but morals have limited strength in argument because they're fundamentally personal. I personally would prefer to see gun rights heavily restricted because I morally object to the ease with which citizens can kill one another (same moral, too: I don't like dead people). My personal beliefs aren't going to make the Second Amendment evaporate and, more importantly, as someone who actually believes in the values of the Constitution, I'm grudgingly ok with something I find objectionable being retained.

But the problem here is that no one has the spine to make this a moral argument, probably because everyone over the age of 7 knows that moral arguments have almost no traction. So frame the moral argument as a financial argument.

Except the financial argument makes no sense. We all pay taxes that support all kinds of things we don't agree with. I find it offensive that a certain amount of governmental money filters down into the hands of faith-based charities even though I recognize that most of them are doing important and necessary work (that the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE public refuses to leave in the hands of a government agency or even a secular NGO). Hell, I'm personally not fond of abortion, but the net cost of paying for a few abortions is so far below that of paying for the care and feeding of an unwanted child by such a monumental amount that it would be insane to use money as a justification.

And, as I alluded to in more strident tones previously, there's absolutely no logic in how people want to cut the nominal funding that supports some abortions and simultaneously want to slash the funding that is necessary to support an infant. Is it morally better to let a 2-year-old starve or to evacuate a fetus?

If certain people around here want to claim that they support increasing welfare like SNAP, WIC, section 8, and other assistance programs, you'll have to prove it.
Whew, what a rant.

Yeah I mean at least when you kill off kids INSIDE the womb, they don't complain amirite? You're argument is flacid, they're dead either way. I guess we shouldn't risk letting them starve, so lets just kill em off before they're born.

This is the presentation and you're torn by which side is more moral?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 09:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi is always going to believe a fetus is a person. He just is. You're not going to win an argument with him about this and you're not going to change his mind with any amount of scientific fact. To him, a fetus is a person and shouldn't be aborted and its right to life should be defended.

But his belief stops there. He believes in defending an unformed fetus, but doesn't believe in helping other actual living human beings, including feeding that fetus once it's formed and living as an actual person of its own.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I guess we shouldn't risk letting them starve, so lets just kill em off before they're born.

Frankly, we should be providing more education about and access to birth control to everyone. And we should be pushing medical researchers to come up with more reliable ways to control fertility, both preventing pregnancies for those who don't want them and helping those who do achieve them more readily. You want fewer abortions? Put in some work to prove it, don't tell people to just stop having sex as if that's even remotely worked ever.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 09:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that the law was being broken? All we are saying is that the federal government is indirectly funding abortions.

Why bring it up if that's not what you're insinuating?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-14 09:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S. the only reason we're all trying to come up with analogies for you is that you're purposefully ignoring equivalence.

Since when is requesting equivalence ignoring it? It's not my fault that your analogies sucked and that Kara is the only person who even came remotely close to finding actual equivalence.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when is requesting equivalence ignoring it? It's not my fault that your analogies sucked and that Kara is the only person who even came remotely close to finding actual equivalence.

No, you require perfect equivalence then attempt to pick it apart to prove that your opinion on a subject makes it impossibly scrupulous. You hop in to lend some credibility to any nonsensical far right interpretation of a situation and you've run out of passes.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-14 10:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Nausi is always going to believe a fetus is a person. He just is. You're not going to win an argument with him about this and you're not going to change his mind with any amount of scientific fact. To him, a fetus is a person and shouldn't be aborted and its right to life should be defended.

But his belief stops there. He believes in defending an unformed fetus, but doesn't believe in helping other actual living human beings, including feeding that fetus once it's formed and living as an actual person of its own.

I guess we shouldn't risk letting them starve, so lets just kill em off before they're born.

Frankly, we should be providing more education about and access to birth control to everyone. And we should be pushing medical researchers to come up with more reliable ways to control fertility, both preventing pregnancies for those who don't want them and helping those who do achieve them more readily. You want fewer abortions? Put in some work to prove it, don't tell people to just stop having sex as if that's even remotely worked ever.

What science is there that a human fetus isn't human?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So, any portion of a biologically human organism is now a fully qualified person... I better get those toenail clippings out of the garbage before they charge me with murder.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-14 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you require perfect equivalence then attempt to pick it apart to prove that your opinion on a subject makes it impossibly scrupulous. You hop in to lend some credibility to any nonsensical far right interpretation of a situation and you've run out of passes.

You equated indirect abortion funding with prison rape. If me not accepting your horrible analogy means that I require "perfect equivalence", then you have no right to pick apart any analogy that I make, ever. What we're discussing is not that narrow of a topic. If you can't wrap your brain around it, please quit while you're behind.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-14 10:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So, any portion of a biologically human organism is now a fully qualified person... I better get those toenail clippings out of the garbage before they charge me with murder.
Cue the knee jerk reaction to some other argument no one is having.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 10:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You equated indirect abortion funding with prison rape. If me not accepting your horrible analogy means that I require "perfect equivalence", then you have no right to pick apart any analogy that I make, ever. What we're discussing is not that narrow of a topic. If you can't wrap your brain around it, please quit while you're behind.

You posed that anything that takes place at pp could be attributed to federal dollars. Then narrowed your statement when I pointed out things that happen that could be allowed by federal funding.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-14 10:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You see what I'm saying about Jassik's analogies now? It's like he's not even trying.

You posed that anything that takes place at pp could be attributed to federal dollars. Then narrowed your statement when I pointed out things that happen that could be allowed by federal funding.

We already went over this. We're talking about government-funded business operations and you're trying to expand it to include pretty much everything ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 10:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Your "logic" does that. You just want to limit it to services provided.

You've really not said much though in the way of anything Rav. You made one statement then deflected, insulted and glommed on to anyone else that made a statement that you agreed with in any way.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-14 10:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You see what I'm saying about Jassik's analogies now? It's like he's not even trying.

We already went over this. We're talking about government-funded business operations and you're trying to expand it to include pretty much everything ever.
Jassik, Flavin, they all do that, it's nothing new. When they have no argument to make, they argue against a false premise or a strawman.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-14 10:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Your "logic" does that. You just want to limit it to services provided. You've really not said much though in the way of anything Rav. You made one statement then deflected, insulted and glommed on to anyone else that made a statement that you agreed with in any way.

Don't worry. The next time you want to talk about a particular topic, I'm going to push it to the extremes and bring up a bunch of crap that's barely related. Want to talk about welfare in the U.S.? I'm going to ask why you only care about the welfare of people in the U.S. and nowhere else. What are you, a xenophobic racist? Want to talk about gay marriage? Why, I'm going to berate you for not supporting human-horse marriage too. And when you rightfully say that it's stupid for me to even equate such things, I'm going to say "NO DUH!" Oh, and I'll add that you're deflecting whenever someone else brings up an interesting point that you want to pursue even though you never retracted your original point. You can't win, so just stop.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 10:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik, Flavin, they all do that, it's nothing new. When they have no argument to make, they argue against a false premise or a strawman.
Kinda like when you call out the media for being sensationalist or making something out of nothing then you post articles about Hillary eating a burrito lol...

I don't think you've ever really made an argument. You just throw your "feels" up there and *** at people who don't agree with you lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Your "logic" does that. You just want to limit it to services provided. You've really not said much though in the way of anything Rav. You made one statement then deflected, insulted and glommed on to anyone else that made a statement that you agreed with in any way.

Don't worry. The next time you want to talk about a particular topic, I'm going to push it to the extremes and bring up a bunch of crap that's barely related. Want to talk about welfare in the U.S.? I'm going to ask why you only care about the welfare of people in the U.S. and nowhere else. What are you, a xenophobic racist? Want to talk about gay marriage? Why, I'm going to berate you for not supporting human-horse marriage too. And when you rightfully say that it's stupid for me to even equate such things, I'm going to say "NO DUH!" Oh, and I'll add that you're deflecting whenever someone else brings up an interesting point that you want to pursue even though you never retracted your original point. You can't win, so just stop.
When did I do any of this?

Win what? You can win something here?

You act like you don't already pull ***like that.

Pursuing another point is not deflecting. I called you out on glomming on to KN trying to make a point which you seemed to have accepted as fact without even looking at it lol (Prove KN wrong! I dare you!). Deflecting is when you sit there just saying no to everything and then making posts like this. This most recent post of yours also contains a massive amount of butthurt... oh this is what you guys did to me????? Well I'm gonna do stuff to you then too! HA! lol...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-14 11:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really gets under your skin when other people steal your routine, eh?
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 61 62 63