First Official GOP President Announcement

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 61 62 63
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Because it bases it's revenue calculations on historical data instead of saying that the economy is going to grow because Obama.

Like all of Obama's budget proposals do.

The nice thing about Ryan's proposals is that it takes historical data and starts with it, so you have something to argue about. Not Obama's proposals.

Right, lets horrifically underfund everything except defense or corporate welfare instead of raising revenue. I wonder if you'd agree 10 years down the road when bridges are collapsing and we have to bum rides to our space station with the Russians or Chinese.... oh wait, that's already happening with the current funding levels.
Yeah, let's keep increasing our spending limits further and further. Those loans we made that are due soon, nobody's going to mind if we default on them, right?

If you don't make enough money to pay your creditors, do you just decided you won't pay them or do you find a way to increase your income... I swear, your hypocrisy is so evident to everyone around you, how do you NOT see it?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
hahaha

That's about the response I expect from a teabagger. No concept of the world around you, just a bunch of faulty "ideals" that aren't even that ideal in the first place unless you're white, rich, and in posession of a penis.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 10:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it bases it's revenue calculations on historical data instead of saying that the economy is going to grow because Obama.

The nice thing about Ryan's proposals is that it takes historical data and starts with it, so you have something to argue about. Not Obama's proposals.

Right, lets horrifically underfund everything except defense or corporate welfare instead of raising revenue. I wonder if you'd agree 10 years down the road when bridges are collapsing and we have to bum rides to our space station with the Russians or Chinese.... oh wait, that's already happening with the current funding levels.
Yeah, let's keep increasing our spending limits further and further. Those loans we made that are due soon, nobody's going to mind if we default on them, right?

If you don't make enough money to pay your creditors, do you just decided you won't pay them or do you find a way to increase your income... I swear, your hypocrisy is so evident to everyone around you, how do you NOT see it?
Except that you can increase revenue not by increasing taxes, but by increasing the taxable income.

That's basic business 101. Something that you should have learned in your first year in college. I guess you (assuming you went to college that is) slept through that class or decided not to show up for it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that you can increase revenue not by increasing taxes, but by increasing the taxable income.

That's basic business 101. Something that you should have learned in your first year in college. I guess you (assuming you went to college that is) slept through that class or decided not to show up for it.

You can increase revenue by decreasing handouts and by raising taxes. Raising taxes should never be off the table, if people and businesses want these nice roads infrastructure, they can *** pay for it. So the trick is this, how do you balance a budget while maintaining the most bloated military budget in the world and not raising taxes or reducing corporate entitlements? You deny a generation education and scientific advances. That's the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

How do you propose to increase taxable income without increasing incomes? You really have no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-23 10:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
hahaha

That's about the response I expect from a teabagger. No concept of the world around you, just a bunch of faulty "ideals" that aren't even that ideal in the first place unless you're white, rich, and in posession of a penis.

Wow the ugliness is coming through thick.

The laugh was that you think someone would let the roads fall apart(thereby negatively effecting commerce) There is plenty to be cut, to include defense. A balanced budget needs to be achieved, even if it is by means of Reaganomics
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

even if it is by means of Reaganomics

Reagan never had the answers, nor will his answers ever work now or in a future era.

Reagan* was a greedy piece of ***who had no concept of life for those who aren't wealthy and did wrong by the American people nine times out of ten.

*Keep in mind by "Reagan", I mean the man himself and his entire administration, which was full of more criminals than your average maximum security wing in a state pen. By the end of his administration Reagan couldn't feed himself, let alone manage to *** up the country all on his own. He definitely had help.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha

The laugh was that you think someone would let the roads fall apart(thereby negatively effecting commerce) There is plenty to be cut, to include defense. A balanced budget needs to be achieved, even if it is by means of Reaganomics

The roads are already crumbling, dude, more than half of the bridges and dams in the US are rated as deficient. The highway fund has been on the brink of bankruptcy for a decade, and our electrical grid is dangerously vulnerable.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

more than half of the bridges and dams in the US are rated as deficient.

Clearly those ratings are being done by porkbarreling liberals who just want to fund their pet projects!

Structurally deficient bridges never hurt a real American, just those cowardly welfare recipients!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-23 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Paul Ryan for president!(if we are talking budgets^^)
ftfy.

WTF, you think Paul Ryan knows more about money matters than Donald Trump? You are insane!

they both have the same hair stylist....
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-23 10:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

more than half of the bridges and dams in the US are rated as deficient.

Clearly those ratings are being done by porkbarreling liberals who just want to fund their pet projects!

Structurally deficient bridges never hurt a real American, just those cowardly welfare recipients!

YEAH! If only george bush didn't win the forth time we could have had them all fixed by now!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 10:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can increase revenue by decreasing handouts and by raising taxes. Raising taxes should never be off the table, if people and businesses want these nice roads infrastructure, they can *** pay for it. So the trick is this, how do you balance a budget while maintaining the most bloated military budget in the world and not raising taxes or reducing corporate entitlements? You deny a generation education and scientific advances. That's the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

How do you propose to increase taxable income without increasing incomes? You really have no idea what you're talking about.
Who said that I want to increase military spending or even keep it at the levels it currently at? I said that Ryan's budget is the best one out there, I never said that it was the best for the nation period.

But I guess you forgot (conveniently) that we already had several tax increases in recent years. I guess your solution is more tax increases. Let me ask you, what tax rate do you want people to pay?

Remember, this isn't the 1930s-1985 where you can also deduct pretty much everything under the sun. Also remember that the higher your AGI is, the more limitations are in place on your income, and also that AMT is in existence, where the least one pays is 28% when you have AGI of ~$300k.
By Zackan 2015-03-23 10:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Reagan never had the answers, nor will his answers ever work now or in a future era.

Reagan* was a greedy piece of ***who had no concept of life for those who aren't wealthy and did wrong by the American people nine times out of ten.

*Keep in mind by "Reagan", I mean the man himself and his entire administration, which was full of more criminals than your average maximum security wing in a state pen. By the end of his administration Reagan couldn't feed himself, let alone manage to *** up the country all on his own. He definitely had help.
not suprised in the least by this response
By Zackan 2015-03-23 10:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha

The roads are already crumbling, dude, more than half of the bridges and dams in the US are rated as deficient. The highway fund has been on the brink of bankruptcy for a decade, and our electrical grid is dangerously vulnerable.

And the Great One Barack Obama hasn't fixed this?? Gasp!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you're not, and I note you're refuting none of it, you're just pretending it's all wrong or inconsequential.

Par for the Tea Party Course.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that I want to increase military spending or even keep it at the levels it currently at? I said that Ryan's budget is the best one out there, I never said that it was the best for the nation period.

But I guess you forgot (conveniently) that we already had several tax increases in recent years. I guess your solution is more tax increases. Let me ask you, what tax rate do you want people to pay?

Remember, this isn't the 1930s-1985 where you can also deduct pretty much everything under the sun. Also remember that the higher your AGI is, the more limitations are in place on your income, and also that AMT is in existence, where the least one pays is 28% when you have AGI of ~$300k.

You said Ryan's budget was the best, it's worse than no budget, and it doesn't cut a significant amount from corporate entitlements or defense, but it nearly guts virtually everything else. Also, what tax increases have we seen? Any usage taxes on the federal level? How about capping EITC (since you hate it so much)?

And the Great One Barack Obama hasn't fixed this?? Gasp!

Why do you say it in that way, no, he hasn't done crap in terms of infrastructure, neither did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Carter, Reagan, etc. The infrastructure is crumbling because most of it is AT LEAST 40 years old, much of it is older than that.
By Zackan 2015-03-23 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you're not, and I note you're refuting none of it, you're just pretending it's all wrong or inconsequential.

Par for the Tea Party Course.

You seem happy with yourself, why should I attempt to change this? If bashing people does it for you then why should I take you away from the joy you feel in your world?
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-23 10:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The shoe is on the other foot.

/tearinmyeye
By Zackan 2015-03-23 10:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
The shoe is on the other foot.

/tearinmyeye

?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem happy with yourself, why should I attempt to change this? If bashing people does it for you then why should I take you away from the joy you feel in your world?

There's no joy to be had in this discussion. Not the way our country is currently run. Just degrees of greed, abuse, and mistreatment of people who actually work for a living.

But the Koch brothers and their cohorts have the Tea Party eating out of the palm of their hand, pushing for essentially nil government oversight so they can squeeze every last drop out of the 99% of Americans who aren't in their limited socioeconomic circle.

And in turn the Republican party is divided on both social and economic issues. So all they can do is fling mud at the Democratic party and hope, and the Democrats -- as they always have been -- are happy to oblige by handing the Republicans as many scandals and other talking points as their little hearts desire.

Our two-party system is, in the worlds of Lewis Black, the Republicans sitting around farting at the American people and the Democrats lining up to go, "Oooh, let me smell!"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-23 10:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And thus the struggle of the proletariat continues...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no joy to be had in this discussion. Not the way our country is currently run. Just degrees of greed, abuse, and mistreatment of people who actually work for a living.

But the Koch brothers and their cohorts have the Tea Party eating out of the palm of their hand, pushing for essentially nil government oversight so they can squeeze every last drop out of the 99% of Americans who aren't in their limited socioeconomic circle.

To be fair, the Koch's may have bankrolled a lot of the initial movement, but they are far from the only wealthy people seeking to sway the path of government for their benefit.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, the Koch's may have bankrolled a lot of the initial movement, but they are far from the only wealthy people seeking to sway the path of government for their benefit.

Yeah, but the Kochs seem to be driven by more than greed; they seem to be the actual basis for the "evil rich person" stereotype. Have you seen some of their batshit insane libertarian ***out of the 80s? It's horrifying.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
And thus the struggle of the proletariat continues...

For a guy that idolizes Russia and Putin so much I'd think you'd be all about that...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but the Kochs seem to be driven by more than greed; they seem to be the actual basis for the "evil rich person" stereotype. Have you seen some of their batshit insane libertarian ***out of the 80s? It's horrifying.

A friend pointed some of their Randian stuff out to me a while back and it just made me sad. They seem to literally hate everyone who isn't filthy rich.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-23 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/ted-cruz-announce-presidential-bid-monday-n328051

All I have to say is YAY!(and can't wait for 9/10 naysayers to pop up)

I don't care if he runs, I just hope that he is ridiculed and attacked over being born in Canada after being part of the "birther" ***.
McCain ran and he was born in Panama.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-23 10:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

* yawn *

Wake me up when America becomes competitive with China.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 10:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/ted-cruz-announce-presidential-bid-monday-n328051

All I have to say is YAY!(and can't wait for 9/10 naysayers to pop up)

I don't care if he runs, I just hope that he is ridiculed and attacked over being born in Canada after being part of the "birther" ***.
McCain ran and he was born in Panama.

He also didn't participate in the birther BS.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 10:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend pointed some of their Randian stuff out to me a while back and it just made me sad. They seem to literally hate everyone who isn't filthy rich.

The only positive thing Ayn Rand ever contributed to this world was the basis for the villains of Bioshock.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
* yawn *

Wake me up when America becomes competitive with China.

Well we'd have to out-breed them and completely gut our economic structure and human rights, but we appear to be on that path if the Tea Party gets their way, sooo...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 11:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only positive thing Ayn Rand ever contributed to this world was the basis for the villains of Bioshock.

Objectivist sex.... She was also a strong supporter of contraception and women's reproductive rights. A fact that is quickly glossed over by all the Randian fanboys.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 61 62 63