users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2016-05-11 15:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade:

Quote:
We’re currently in the midst of looking into adding a sound effect when your turn is up to enter. However, there are some internal hurdles at the moment, so we can’t make any promises that this will be implemented.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-11 15:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they can link it to the /tell channel and people can use the tell chime?
By Pantafernando 2016-05-12 04:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Pleasure to Make Your Acquaintance!
Hello, everyone!

I'd like to take some time to introduce myself! I'm the newest addition to the North American Community Team, Sicycre (pronounced "Psy Seeker"). You can call me Sicy (like "spicy" without the "p") for short!

As a long time subscriber to the FINAL FANTASY MMO world this is an incredible chance to be a part of something that has hooked me as a gamer. I've played FINAL FANTASY XIV since version 1.0 back in 2010 but I've been playing FINAL FANTASY XI since its release in North America on PlayStation 2! I’m very happy to be able to contribute to the FINAL FANTASY XI community and hoping that with all of our efforts (the community team, the operations and development teams, and you) we’ll continue to make adventuring more enjoyable!
By Pantafernando 2016-05-16 04:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dear Vana'diel's Finest, (05/16/2016)

Today we celebrate fourteen years of FINAL FANTASY XI.

The past year brought about a flurry of activity, particularly the implementation of FINAL FANTASY XI's ultimate storyline, Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. More recently, PlayStation® 2 and Xbox 360® service terminated at the end of March. These and other landmarks were successfully passed because of the unwavering support of you and your friends, party members, and linkshell mates, and I have nothing but gratitude for your patronage.

As we enter our fifteenth year with a new development structure, we pledge to give our all on both the development and operations sides so that all can feel proud calling Vana'diel their second home.

I hope to continue to see your smiling faces for a long time to come.

While you're here, the team has a little surprise for you-Iroha has come to celebrate the 14th Vana'versary! Esteemed manga creator Tomokichi, whom you will remember from last year's Aloha Iroha, has created a wonderful series depicting our heroine from the Far East...along with a guest appearance by the one-and-only Zeid.

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

A Very Vexing Vana'versary
Aloha Iroha proved to be so popular with the player base that we've released another four-panel comic penned by Tomokichi. Enjoy!

Read on for details.

Announcing the Crustacean Cabal Crab Club Arena
You've bested crabs in battle, but can you win their hearts? Try your luck in this moogle-sponsored event!

Read on for details.

Event Period
Monday, May 16, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Adventurer Appreciation Campaign 2016
In recognition of the incredible feats and accomplishments of the most daring adventurers, trusty moogles will be disseminating the latest records and statistics concerning Vana'diel's finest during the campaign. Be sure to speak to the moogles standing by in each nation to learn more, and of course, to enjoy the feast of commemorative items and trinkets specially prepared for the occasion.

- Moogle Locations
Southern San d'Oria (J-9) / Northern San d'Oria (D-8) / Bastok Mines (H-9) /
Bastok Markets (G-8) / Windurst Waters (F-5) / Windurst Woods (K-10)

Event Period

Super Kupower Mog Tablet Campaign
During this campaign, discovering all eleven mog tablets no longer grants every player three randomly-selected Super Kupowers, but instead grants them all eleven simultaneously!

Learn more about Super Kupowers, Mog Tablets, and their hidden locations.
Learn more about special rewards.

* Once all eleven mog tablets are discovered, Super Kupowers will last for one week (Earth time.)

Event Period

14th Vanaversary Mog Bonanza

The 14th Vana'versary Mog Bonanza starts today! Get your hands on bonanza marbles and help us celebrate fourteen years of FINAL FANTASY XI!

Read on to learn more.

* At least thirty-two days must have elapsed since character creation for a character to purchase Mog Bonanza Marbles.
* All prizes offered as part of Mog Bonanza will be in the form of in-game items and/or gil. Prizes have no out-of-game value.

Bonanza Marbles Sale Period
Monday, May 16, 2016 at 0:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, June 16 at the same hour.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14809/detail.html
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-16 06:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol so no free gifts for adventurer appreciation campaign ?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-05-16 06:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Lol so no free gifts for adventurer appreciation campaign ?
Moogle gives Trizek Ring, Echad Ring, Facility Ring, Astral Box & Leaf Bench.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-16 16:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Happy anniversary from myself and everyone on the community team!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-17 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi, everyone!

I'm happy to inform you that there are plans in the works for a future Vagary campaign, so please hang in there!
By Pantafernando 2016-05-17 16:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi, everyone!

Currently, there are no plans to make adjustments in terms of summoner's attack aspects; however, we will continue to make adjustments moving forward with the next one being adjustments to healing-type blood pacts.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-17 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, look at all these revolutionary SMN buffs!
By Verda 2016-05-17 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Making healing wards scale better with ilvl is a nice start it seemed weird to me avatar gets a lot of every stat but HP which directly affected their healing potency not scaling. I won't put this down but be thankful for it, but I do really hope they continue on as they stated, even if just to scale some of the wards, and/or match them to their cost SMN is stuck with 30s recasts and only gets native skill in summoning magic so most of our wards not scaling into ivlv and some not past the level you can use them at really hurts us.

Static boost wards that don't scale with SMN skill or ilvl to modern era like Noctoshield, Titan's Stoneskin, strength of Fenrir's stat boosts (+7 to 4 stats means a lot less when there's so much stats on ilvl armor now), Shiva's Evasion down is -25 when subbing rdm can give you -35 evasion from tier 1 distract, Fenrir's eva/acc spells suffer similar problems and don't stack with other evasion downs such as Shiva's evasion down, Distract and Feint. I need to test Ifrit's warcry spell but I bet it's stuck at 99 too. If I do BCNM's with people, I usually have tops time to cast 2-3 wards. As it stands right now it's usually haste 2 and earthern armor and I don't get time to pile up a ton of buffs, every other job has already done all their buffs, even bards who have a lot to do for different people. It's not really worth waiting for either, parties would usually rather start earlier because waiting for the buff won't make up for the 30s standing around, time wise. 250 tp bonus or cure received, or endrain, or warcry, or stat boosts, or all this other stuff are nice but they are weak enough people can win without it and faster than if they wait for the buffs. Endrain makes healers lives easier for example, but you still bring a healer. Warcry is no frailty, fury or chaos roll, and 250 tp bonus is just enough to be useful and not enough to make players wow at the difference between when it is on or off (500 ppl might lose their minds and actually take summoner for it but meh). I know DD that still think it's not worth doing all of Wings of the Goddess for an earring, and I can't really convince them it is.

You can try to cycle wards in mid fight but it ends up being a losing choice between cycling them and having to change summons constantly and losing favor effects you want and potency, and maybe missing other things you can do like use your rage as soon as it's up or backup heal, and again, in almost every case I've tried, just making sure you do the rages asap end up being more beneficial for clear times. If you cycle them all while ppl standing around and the fight doesn't clear buffs then it's really hard to tell if it adds a ton to the fights success. I know a lot of little stuff can add up, but often it all starts to fall mid fight and people don't start when you buffs are on full so it mostly was a lot of busy work without much you can positively show for it.

Carbuncles shining ruby is % based boost to defense so in some cases it ends up better than Protect V, but it's one of the very few to actually scale so well at all, most just didn't scale period so you're left with many wards not worth the time to cast, confusingly even level 90 ones like Shiva's evasion down. This can be somewhat expected say for things like Water II, everyone knows that's a low tier nuke and should suck for a job that has 30 sec recasts. It also doesn't make sense why it's there though because a BLM can still get a lot of use out of low tier nukes because they can spam cast it for dps where as SMN just will never, ever, ever, ever use it. RDM can still use phalanx I and it ends up better than phalanx II at enough skill. A RDM will probably never use haste I, but unless short on mana neither will SMN. We don't really have higher alternatives outside haste 2 either, we get once and that's it for most of our wards so making them scale with skill or even gear specific to it like for stoneskin (though lugging around more stuff isn't ideal), much like many enhancing spells do, would really help SMN be welcome for some of it's support abilities, which aren't bad if you take their effects into account but their potency is so weak, even if someone does miraculously wait around for you to stick them all on and the SMN has all the SMN skill gear to be able to have long enough duration wards to do that, the net gain is entirely not worth it and everyone chooses to live without trying to keep a ton of wards up because again their potency is just often times downright terrible.

tl;dr I like they are updating healing wards, and hope they update static boost wards to scale with SMN skill as part of their ongoing plan to make adjustments :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-17 17:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana’diel 26 Digest
Greetings,

To coincide with the May 2016 version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui

Hello, everyone. Matsui here.
Thanks for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana’diel 26.

This latest episode focused on the May version update and various other information.

For those of you who weren’t able to watch the stream, or would just like to check out the content again, I’ve prepared an overview of everything.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of Contents:

Freshly Updated
Battle content: Ambuscade
Battle content: Master Trials
Other Additions and Adjustments
Directly Picked Vana’diel & What If Vana’diel…
Future Plans
Announcements

Freshly Updated
(2:18~)
During this segment of the stream, we boiled down the biggest info from the May version update.
I explained about the rotating content for Ambuscade as well as the newest battle content, Master Trials.

Battle content: Ambuscade
(3:04~)
Director Fujito challenged Ambuscade, and this time around instead of playing, I dedicated myself to commentary. I’m glad I was able to explain about certain aspects of this content without having to worry about the fight this time. Despite concerns (as well as a run in with Mortal Ray), Fujito pulled through and got the win!

(18:42~)
Continuing with Director Fujito’s battle challenge, we explained about the queueing system, the party-specific currency, Gallantry, the new reward items, and the limited-time equipment that can be purchased with Hallmarks this month.

Battle content: Master Trials
(25:05~)
Master Trials are a new form of content that was added in the May version update. This is extremely high level content that is geared towards those that have attained job mastery. This content has powerful enemies that will really allow your strong equipment to shine. We’re looking forward to adventurers who wish to push past their limits to challenge this.

(27:34~)
The reward for completing Master Trials is a rare-looking sword, but it does not have any stats. It is purely for prestige.

In a future version update we will be adding opponents for Master Trials.

Other Additions and Adjustments
(31:59~)
In terms of quality-of-life improvements, we implemented a system for crystal storage. Not only will the NPC accept crystals, it also have a feature that allows you to exchange for clusters.

Additionally, we added Superior 1 weapons to the weapon shop in Jeuno, and implemented new grips that can be made with synthesis.

Directly Picked Vana’diel and What If Vana’diel…
(37:05~)
In this segment, we utilized the survey feature of Nico Nico Live Broadcasting to directly explain certain tidbits of knowledge that may be common knowledge to some, yet a mystery to others. We also explored aspects of Vana’diel that could have been!

We started off with Directly Picked Vana’diel, and asked the following question:

“What monster has the longest body?”

Viewers answered with the following:
Hydra: 16.0%
Isgebind: 12.7%
Shinryu: 38.7%
Sandworm: 32.6%
The correct answer is Shinryu!

You can clearly see why by looking at this image.

Director Fujito actually mentioned that the legendary fish, Matsya, is much, much longer than Shinryu; however, the question was asking about monsters so this doesn’t count!

(45:03~)
Moving on to What If Vana’diel…

There were plans to resurrect the Maelstrom Mage, Garazu-Horeizu.

In the past there was a war between the Yagudo and the Tarutarus, and during this war, Garazu-Horeizu, an evil mage, controlled a Yagudo and began attacking Windurst.

Essentially you can consider this character to be an ultra-evil Karaha-Baruha.
The type of magic that we were trying to establish for this character was supposed to be quite deviant of the regularly used magic, and “Maelstrom” had to do with the fact it was structured after DNA double helix.

There were two Tarutarus who were obsessed with reviving Garazu-Horeizu, and the idea was to have a story that showed them succeeding to do so.

As to what Garazu-Horeizu wanted to summon using Maelstrom magic will remain a mystery.

(51:02~)

“There was an idea to have a defense force appear in Vana’diel.”

This was a plan from the beginning days of FFXI that ended up getting canned. Essentially, it was composed of a large-scale battle content that could be done after defeating the Shadow Lord.

Future Plans
(58:02~)
As promised (forcefully) during the last broadcast, we showed off the Bomb mount. The lead developer managed to pull this off in a month.

(1:01:32~)
Additionally, we will be gradually expanding the areas in which mounts can be ridden. Naturally, you’ll also be able to dig with your chocobo as well. We’re planning to make improvements to chocobo digging, so please look forward to the changes.

We’re also planning to add help text for effects of the newly added food items.

Furthermore, we’re currently in the midst of examining portions of quests that are difficult to understand as well as the sticking points where you need to wait a day to proceed, and we’re working on adjustments for Domain Invasion.

Announcements
(1:06:04~)
In celebration of the 14th Vana’versary, we have a ton of campaigns going on, so please be sure to take advantage of everything!

→May Login Campaign
→Adventurer Appreciation Campaign
→Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign
→14th Vana’versary Mog Bonanza
→Crab Club Arena
→Aloha Iroha 14th Vana’versary Special

The next version update is slated for June, and we will be taking a slight hiatus with Freshly Picked Vana’diel. However, the stream will return for the version update to follow the June version update.

I’ll see you all then!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-17 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

good to see they confirmed the sword comes from Master Trials. would've been unusual that they showed it in the patch notes otherwise.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-17 17:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The reward for completing Master Trials is a rare-looking sword, but it does not have any stats. It is purely for prestige.

This wording concerns me. I know translations aren't always perfect, but when they say "the reward" it sounds like it's the only reward.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-17 17:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Quote:

This wording concerns me. I know translations aren't always perfect, but when they say "the reward" it sounds like it's the only reward.
Not surprising in the least bit really.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-18 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

darkwaffle said: »
Could go either way. It might mean "this is the only reward" or it could mean "this is the reward unique to this event" a la "Tokens are the reward for Nyzul Isle".

I think anyone doing the master trials should probably not hype themselves up for some unknown super-prize though lol.

They could have given a stats increase reward like beating the trials u can chose between 2 str, dex , 20 hp etc. make it cost 100 JPs or something. What? Bad idea? Even more unnecessary grind? Lol
By Pantafernando 2016-05-20 04:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (05/19/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for early June.

Experience a new quest that delves deeper into the Seekers of Adoulin storyline as well as changes to the content and rewards of Ambuscade.

Those who have not yet completed Rhapsodies of Vana'diel may wish to give the story another try with adjustments to its difficulty level, while battle-oriented players may wish to test their skills with the latest changes to Domain Invasion. There are also myriad quality of life improvement, so get ready for June!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-20 05:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So my post about the next months Ambuscade being Yagudo's was correct.
And my post for this months being QUadav's.
/ponder ponder. I wonder if i'll be right with the armor set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-20 08:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
So my post about the next months Ambuscade being Yagudo's was correct.
And my post for this months being QUadav's.
/ponder ponder. I wonder if i'll be right with the armor set.

Yagudo are kinda hard to place. The month after will probably be Goblins. If they were placing it by type, I kinda figured Yagudo would have martial armor, but how things are now I'm guessing mage armor is coming, and Goblins will have light armor. But who knows.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-05-20 09:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably marduk set (whm/brd/smn) since they are using yagudo and the Tzee Xicu the Manifest model, so the garuda in the screenshot is probably its summon.
Whm+Brd+Smn yagudos would make a reasonably interesting job trio to fight against if you cant sleep/supertank and dps faceroll them down one at a time.
Buuuuut SE might be totally asleep at making things thematically cohesive and not do that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-05-20 09:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Yagudo
Blorb.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-05-20 09:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they said what exactly the June quality-of-life improvements will be?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-20 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Mount areas
Edit: Changing / adding more zones for their usage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-20 10:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wishful thinking, but I was hoping they'd fix Nexus cape and extend it to every zone, including SOA ones. While we're at it, reducing it to a 10min cooldown would be nice. I also feel like dem/mea/holla rings should be lowered as well, though you could just have multiples of those (for reisenjima warping). Just ideas, but nothing game breaking.

Also, Counselor's Garb (the +25% movement speed body) only gives 24% movement speed in adoulin. They just recently fixed 18% gear, so hopefully they will adjust this as well, for the people who use it for travelling in adoulin.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-05-20 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Mount areas
Edit: Changing / adding more zones for their usage.

Awesome, thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-20 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Wishful thinking, but I was hoping they'd fix Nexus cape and extend it to every zone, including SOA ones. While we're at it, reducing it to a 10min cooldown would be nice. I also feel like dem/mea/holla rings should be lowered as well, though you could just have multiples of those (for reisenjima warping). Just ideas, but nothing game breaking.

Also, Counselor's Garb (the +25% movement speed body) only gives 24% movement speed in adoulin. They just recently fixed 18% gear, so hopefully they will adjust this as well, for the people who use it for travelling in adoulin.
They could fix the Cactuar charm as well, it gives 2% instead of the supposed 3%
By Pantafernando 2016-05-24 16:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings,

As a follow-up in regard to upcoming summoner adjustments, we are planning to make changes to Apogee in a future version update.

We’re currently in the midst of looking into change the way this ability works so that when used it would reset the cool down timers of Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward. However, we’d like to hear your feedback on whether there are any issues with this.

Please also understand that there may be the possibility that when testing it turns out that it will be unable to make this change.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-05-24 18:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Greetings,

we are planning to make changes to Apogee in a future version update.

.....there may be the possibility that when testing it turns out that it will be unable to make this change.

/laugh

How about announcing sh!t after testing has been done...
By Pantafernando 2016-05-25 04:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello adventurers!

In the last version update, some outdoor furnishings were added along with the Mog Patio.
I am happy to announce that there will be more outdoor furnishings introduced in the future!

We hope these future additions will help you create an enjoyable outdoor space for you and the friends you invite over to your Mog House!
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 201 202 203