Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-28 09:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
those who have completely filled out their job points

I'm willing to put money down that 2100 is a requirement. If I'm right I want a Burtgang 3 so I don't have to deal with all the nonsense that sword gives.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-28 09:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

darkwaffle said: »
I think it's pretty unlikely there's actually a "Master only" requirement. I think the point they were trying to get across was simply that "This is content that will appeal to and challenge even those players that have the benefit of all 2100 job points".

Eh, the way it was stated in the announcement:

Quote:
We are also introducing high-end content aimed at those who have completely filled out their job points for a particular job and received the [Job] Master title. This monumental struggle is not for the faint of heart, so those wishing to prove themselves among the ranks of Vana'diel's elite must make the most complete of preparations.

Seems to spell out a 2100JP requirement, versus a suggestion. No real reason to go into that much detail if it's just difficult.

Most jobs don't have a practical way to design an encounter that would flat out require a particular JP level, and those that do would probably key more at 550 or 1200 anyway. Going to 2100 is still beneficial via Gifts, but higher end gear/augments could stand in for that too. Entry requirement seems much more likely.

I think it could be thematically appropriate for, as suggested, high end solo fights. Maybe with a nice JSE piece at the end. It'd give more reason to keep pushing on JPs, and more reason to learn/gear a job better, etc. Plus, to a point a trophy to show that you did, that you (presumably) can't just leech or buy.

Good chance it's not that either though.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-28 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The more I think about it, the more a solo fight makes sense.

Pulling The Strings II: Electric Booglaoo
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-28 09:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
The more I think about it, the more a solo fight makes sense.

Pulling The Strings II: Electric Booglaoo
Yeah, i really hope it's a solo. WHM Solo Gogo!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-28 10:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a solo encounter is a lot of work their dev 'team' won't be willing to put in. Balancing it to be challenging for each individual job is not a small task.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-04-28 11:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how the want to encourage you to group up to ease cingestion, but still make ridiculously easy modes that are meant to promote going in alone. Make up your mind SE. While I dont think all content should be 140+ absurd, they could do away with very easy sub standard levels.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-28 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they did say they were adding gear and some sort of new currency for partying up, so that could help discourage solo enthusiasts. No way to get rid of them completely, but they are implementing other ways to encourage party play.

edit: I think you need to be a bit more fair. There are players who are so low on the totem pole that you or me would never bother inviting them. They want everyone to be involved, so they can't remove those lower standards. They just lower the point reward so that it takes them a really, really long time to get anywhere.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-28 12:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind a WoE style.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-30 05:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

they should just keep vw campaign going was easy as all hell to enter during although zoning multiple characters to zitah/davoi gets tedious lol
By Pantafernando 2016-05-02 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the 14th Vana'versary Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign (05/02/2016)

We're pleased to announce a Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign, here just in time for the 14th Vana'versary!

Campaign Period
Friday, May 13, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 23 at the same hour.

Read on for details.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
By Pantafernando 2016-05-02 15:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback on Gallantry.

In terms of what you can purchase with Gallantry, one of the major items will be the item I mentioned the other day that will allow you to alter the augments on your equipment. Additionally, we will be making it possible to reacquire Sulevia equipment that is currently purchasable with Hallmarks.

While you may be thinking that this is just the same as Hallmarks, the biggest difference is that there are no cumulative-type rewards for Gallantry, and all of the rewards can be obtained by spending points. Even if it’s an HQ item, you will be able to acquire it for the slot you wish, and if you, for example, wanted to obtain Sulevia’s Platemail +1, you could do so by exchanging your points at a lower amount than the amount of Hallmarks you need at the moment.
(However, if you’re trying to obtain the equipment for all equipment slots, you’ll need a great deal more points than the total Hallmarks required.)

Similar to Hallmarks, Gallantry will also reset when there is a version update. This is necessary in order to maintain a set rate for the cumulative rewards, and if we were to remove this system, each time we rotated rewards we would have to continuously bump up the required amount of points. As a result, months in the future the required amount of points would be astronomical. We’d like to keep this system in place so there is a defined starting point as well as a defined goal line for obtaining these items.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-09 04:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Crustacean Cabal's Crab Club Arena (05/07/2016)

Ah, dearest adventurer--do you realize how difficult it is to pin you down when you're off stomping brigands into the ground? At least I finally caught up! Here--a telegram.

"We bid all adventurers to come participate in our Crab Club Arena. Stop. You've bested them once, so why not take this time to make amends? Stop. You never know what new friends you might meet up with. Stop.
The Crustacean Cabal, a branch of the Vana'diel Chocobo Society.

What's this, then? An invitation to the Crab Club Arena? I wouldn't pass this up for anything!

Read on for details. (http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14791/detail.html)

Quote:
Adventurer Appreciation Campaign (05/09/2016)

The following campaigns will be making their way to Vana'diel starting on Wednesday, May 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign Period: Wednesday, May 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, May 31 at 7:59 a.m.

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
Incursion Campaign
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
Reisenjima Geas Fete Equipment Campaign
Abjuration Dial Campaign

The following special campaigns will also be active through the duration of the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign

Campaign Period: Friday, May 13 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 23 at the same hour.

Chain Experience Bonus Campaign
Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign
Chain Monstrosity Bonus Campaign
Bonus Bayld Campaign
Increased Seal and Crest Drop Rate Campaign
Wildskeeper Reive Campaign
Alter Ego Expo
Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!

Read on for details on the campaign.
(http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14794/detail.html)
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-05-09 04:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the wkr campaign will stop too many people to overcrowd Apex camps, because thats a damn short window for a an Exp campaign
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-09 04:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda starting to wonder if they will ever do an Arcane Glyphic campaign for ALLUVION skirmish items, and one campaign for Sinister Reign.

Would love those, and I think the related events are old enough to open up to such campaign (which would've been out of place when the events were still relatively new)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-09 10:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they pack all the campaigns I need in at once, ***. Well, ten days of double HPB probably isn't worth stressing about just yet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-09 10:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if it was a 4x campaign I'd be all over that. I'm less than three months away from finishing coalitions, once I'm done afterglowing Almace I'll have to start working on HPB.
By Elazar1 2016-05-09 10:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Then we also have the new ambush gear to go for at the same time. I think everyone will be hitting that up 1st, hope in wrong so I don't have to fight to get in for 20mins lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-09 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My alt's only a few months old, so I'm just running both characters through together. I could probably finish Epeolatry a month or so ahead of finishing her assignments if I wanted to since I did some assignments beforehand, but I'm undecided as to which weapon I'll complete first.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2016-05-09 12:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Argh, Square would make the Trust campaign and EXP campaigns only ten days...
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-09 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
My alt's only a few months old, so I'm just running both characters through together. I could probably finish Epeolatry a month or so ahead of finishing her assignments if I wanted to since I did some assignments beforehand, but I'm undecided as to which weapon I'll complete first.

I know this struggle. Still have to wait until around early September for my new character to have legend in everything, it's such a tease especially when you already have all the bayld.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-09 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »

I know this struggle. Still have to wait until around early September for my new character to have legend in everything, it's such a tease especially when you already have all the bayld.

Should have started early. Well aside from that and as long as u are patience this is much easier then a mythic.
By Pantafernando 2016-05-09 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

We’ve been receiving requests for this for quite some time now, but unfortunately it is not possible to add to the /checkparam feature.

The main reason why it is not possible is due to the fact that the values change significantly depending on the type of magic as well as your target. Additionally, the /checkparam system was built to display only your current properties.

There have also been requests to only show the total values based on equipment and skill, but without showing the bonuses from job traits, elemental affinities, and enhancing magic spells, it’s not data that can be used as reference for actual battles. Due to this, we do not have any plans to add this to the display.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-09 22:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »

Should have started early. Well aside from that and as long as u are patience this is much easier then a mythic.

I started the day that the character was made, unfortunately you can't start coalitions before a character is made :/
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-10 10:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I'm really annoyed that I missed both the Vana'Clock for the Bounty Moghancement, AND Kupofried for exp/cap boosts. The temporary boosts to exp. chains is fine, but I hope they give at least one more chance to get those permanent exp. boost items.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-10 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Man, I'm really annoyed that I missed both the Vana'Clock for the Bounty Moghancement, AND Kupofried for exp/cap boosts. The temporary boosts to exp. chains is fine, but I hope they give at least one more chance to get those permanent exp. boost items.
If I'm not mistaken, that was from the Anniversary Event which was last May. This year's should be coming up in like a week, I think the 16th is when they start it.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-11 14:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

We’ve been receiving requests for this for quite some time now, but unfortunately it is not possible to add to the /checkparam feature.

The main reason why it is not possible is due to the fact that the values change significantly depending on the type of magic as well as your target. Additionally, the /checkparam system was built to display only your current properties.

There have also been requests to only show the total values based on equipment and skill, but without showing the bonuses from job traits, elemental affinities, and enhancing magic spells, it’s not data that can be used as reference for actual battles. Due to this, we do not have any plans to add this to the display.
I honestly don't understand their logic.
Such a workaround for actual Macc is simple:
Convert skill as it should be, as that's a direct and absolute conversion.
Hard +Macc is just added on.
Then convert INT/MND/CHR appropriate by x.75 since it's either x.5 or x1 depending on the Δ of the stat... so .75 is splitting the difference.

Then just display for all magic skills with Macc:
Divine Macc: n / Enfeebling(M) Macc: n / Enfeebling(I) Macc: n
Elemental Macc: n / Dark Macc: n / Singing Macc: n
Wind Macc: n / String Macc: n / Ninjutsu Macc: n / Blue Macc: n

Double enfeebling since iirc, there's those that use MND for Macc. (Namely the WHM ones.)
Singing would JUST be singing, like /BRD is limited to, and Wind/String would be the combined like a normal BRD has.

Divine and Enfeebling(M) would use ΔMND.
Enfeebling(I), Elemental, Dark, Ninjutsu and Blue would use ΔINT.
And the musics would use ΔCHR.

MAB is... just laziness on the player's part really. Since it's ONLY Trait+gear. And is a soft % boost... kinda moot to put in /checkparam since there's not a cap to shoot for. (Unlike attack which has a capped ratio.)

Mdmg however I'll give them. It's definitely waaaaaaay to complicated to work into /checkparam... unlike Macc.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 201 202 203