Parties of 6 BST again
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-04-27 09:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Or RDM or SCH can do that.

But please i hope to see another shout than BLU blu etc, anyway i hope for other DD..
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-27 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst needs cure too u know.

The master scholars will fill in and be a healer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-27 09:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said on Odin there has been people shouting and only looking for 2100 JP jobs for the likes of 135 UCNMS etc. As a player who hasn't been on enough to get a lot of JPs but has been keeping up with gear it's frustrating.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 10:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it's solo fights, similar to the Empyrean armor quests for RUN and GEO.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-04-27 10:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

super maat fight ^^ i love this idea
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-27 10:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, too, if only because the barrier for entry would make putting together a well-rounded party a lot more awkward than I'm comfortable with.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2016-04-27 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they...gating content again? Because that has always worked or something.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 10:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Actually, the RUN and GEO fights were unique. For one, RUNs has to fight an Animated Greatsword type enemy who punished the use of certain buffs, while GEO has to fight a Ghost that hits hard and uses BRD songs, and has changing elemental resistances. You get 3 difficulty levels (109, 125, and 135), and would go to different zones to determine which one to fight (reducing congestion). On 109 and 125, you can use trusts or outside help (and I think you can even change jobs?), but the 135 fight was true solo, all buffs/TP/temp items removed when you start. Beating 135 got extra rewards, including unique titles. It's also worth noting that these fights were about 2 minutes max before the enemy vanished.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-27 10:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed Jeanpaul. Have always loved the 1v1 fight mechanics of GEO/RUN fights. It would be a great way for individual players to test their skillsets. I always thought this 1v1 content was lacking from the game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-04-27 10:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming ilvl Maat's cap. All jobs Master
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-27 10:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Actually, the RUN and GEO fights were unique. For one, RUNs has to fight an Animated Greatsword type enemy who punished the use of certain buffs, while GEO has to fight a Ghost that hits hard and uses BRD songs, and has changing elemental resistances. You get 3 difficulty levels (109, 125, and 135), and would go to different zones to determine which one to fight (reducing congestion). On 109 and 125, you can use trusts or outside help (and I think you can even change jobs?), but the 135 fight was true solo, all buffs/TP/temp items removed when you start. Beating 135 got extra rewards, including unique titles. It's also worth noting that these fights were about 2 minutes max before the enemy vanished.
I loved this ***. It really made me step it up on RUN to win the 135 fight. I also did the 135 on GEO.

I really want fights like these for DRG and PLD. Such good stuffs.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-27 10:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
That being said on Odin there has been people shouting and only looking for 2100 JP jobs for the likes of 135 UCNMS etc. As a player who hasn't been on enough to get a lot of JPs but has been keeping up with gear it's frustrating.

I had it out with someone yesterday in game about this nonsense. Apparently they didn't like being questioned so much in front of their LS.

People have always been this way, but it is a bad ideology that is spreading.

I'm "a lazy BLU" because I stopped going after JPs after I hit 1200. For shame!

Yeah I'm at about 230ish JP simply because I just don't have the time and never logged in while the JP campaign is on as a patch or something was out for XIV. The only thing I was missing was a main hand Colada which no one seems to want to do anymore though I got a Sarama sword from the Wanted Dail which solved that problem. Just need to save up enough gil to buy the hides to +1 it. Currently sitting at 1100+ acc in my normal TP set which should be fine for most things foor blu.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-27 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be pretty awesome, actually. Much better than having super-exclusionary group content.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 11:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I loved this ***. It really made me step it up on RUN to win the 135 fight. I also did the 135 on GEO.

Thinking about the Odin/Alex pic, I'm not expecting it, but yeah they definitely should have fights like that for all jobs. It reminded me of FFV, where the boss fights were generally shorter but more unique and strategic than in other FFs.
By ibm2431 2016-04-27 11:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know exactly zero 2100 JP PLDs. Including my Aegis/Ochain 5/5 Souveran self, or my usual go-to PLD friend.

I know of two 2100 JP WHMs. One is also an Idris GEO. The other is an afterglow Almace + Tizona BLU. My Yagrush mule is not one of them.

So yeah, this new job mastery content better be solo and/or mostly pointless. Because there's no way people are going to be able to put together viable parties for content that would truly require 2100 JP (due to actual mob difficulty).

I guess I could learn to tank on BLM. Mana Wall is pretty broken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-27 11:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Further additions include a system to store excess crystals, an NPC selling Superior equipment, and a variety of new items and synthesis recipes.

・Create new recipes
Superior 1 Equipment

Rereading the notes, I realized I missed this. Depending on how good the gear is, this could replace Alluvion Skirmish for returning players. You could go from 117 sparks > 50 jp > 119 SU1 gear, if the gear isn't terrible.

ibm2431 said: »
I know exactly zero 2100 JP PLDs. Including my Aegis/Ochain 5/5 Souveran self, or my usual go-to PLD friend.

I know of two 2100 JP WHMs. One is also an Idris GEO. The other is an afterglow Almace + Tizona BLU. My Yagrush mule is not one of them.

So yeah, this new job mastery content better be solo and/or mostly pointless. Because there's no way people are going to be able to put together viable parties for content that would truly require 2100 JP (due to actual mob difficulty).

I guess I could learn to tank on BLM. Mana Wall is pretty broken.

Provided it isn't mechanically impossible, this sounds like another win for PUP tanking. No need for a healer, so instead of finding a tank and a healer with 2100jp, you just need the tank. Or perhaps give those 2100 SCHs a reason to relearn the other half of their job, healing. Willing to bet there are more 2100JP SCH than there are WHM right now, perhaps a large number of them.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 11:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Further additions include a system to store excess crystals, an NPC selling Superior equipment, and a variety of new items and synthesis recipes.

・Create new recipes
Superior 1 Equipment

Rereading the notes, I realized I missed this. Depending on how good the gear is, this could replace Alluvion Skirmish for returning players. You could go from 117 sparks > 50 jp > 119 SU1 gear, if the gear isn't terrible.
One of the recent updates had Superior 1 bullets, so maybe they'll branch out into other slots as well?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-27 12:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Thinking about the Odin/Alex pic, I'm not expecting it, but yeah they definitely should have fights like that for all jobs. It reminded me of FFV, where the boss fights were generally shorter but more unique and strategic than in other FFs.

I always imagined "The Pit" in Aht Urghan was a FF7 Battle Arena where we fight waves of enemies until we reach "The boss". I envisioned the whole ranking system based on job, and time limits for each fight per job (so certain jobs couldn't cheese it to death). So much untapped potential in these fights, and you're right, it's likely apoc nigh AU 2.0 or something. Or it could be a WKR/Beseiged remake where it has a number of entry spots and waves of enemies fire in after a set amount of time.

Either way, I am loving the new ideas or remade content. It's quite different from what more than half of us originally thought about a year ago.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-27 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be real about the job points. There's nothing in many jobs gifts that would make a win/loss swing. WHM, PLD, etc.. will be fine at lower JP even if the content is truly difficult and balanced for 2100 JP. Think about it, what possible content design would make the miniscule difference between a 0 JP whm or pld and a 2100 JP whm or pld a dealbreaker?

It may be more necessary for other jobs due to accuracy/magic accuracy requirements. However, keep in mind that if the requirements allow for non-idris geo and non-aeonic brd then bringing those will mostly match the bonus acquired through job points.

Unless they actually hard code 2100 JP as an entrance requirement, there's probably a wee bit of overreacting going on here.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-27 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Let's be real about the job points. There's nothing in many jobs gifts that would make a win/loss swing. WHM, PLD, etc.. will be fine at lower JP even if the content is truly difficult and balanced for 2100 JP. Think about it, what possible content design would make the miniscule difference between a 0 JP whm or pld and a 2100 JP whm or pld a dealbreaker?

It may be more necessary for other jobs due to accuracy/magic accuracy requirements. However, keep in mind that if the requirements allow for non-idris geo and non-aeonic brd then bringing those will mostly match the bonus acquired through job points.

Unless they actually hard code 2100 JP as an entrance requirement, there's probably a wee bit of overreacting going on here.

It says content for those completely filled out their Jp and master status. So I would assume it's masters only content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-27 14:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

It says content for those completely filled out their Jp and master status. So I would assume it's masters only content.

It's either that or it will cost job points. Or both.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-27 14:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly going with DD jobs without high JP is just pain in the ***, unless their gear is truly amazing. If you have avg gear and low JP, you'll just suffer from slower kills and potential time out.

Also since there are tons of 2100 jp DD around, those people gets priority invite assuming equal geared.

Comeatmebros comment was basically saying "no jp is Okay because you can just bring an Idris geo!" It's also 400 times easier to get a 2100 jp blm than an Idris geo.

Nothing in this game is truly "deal breaker", but they add up. Everytime you invite a low jp dd, other dd or his gear have to make up the lack of macc. If other DD or gear isn't top tier, that's when potential wipe or time out could happen.

And I see people defend for it because "just get an Idris geo" or "my blu is fine without master because I have double AG and 1200jp" I mean seriously? You guys can try to make a PUG with 230 jp blu without double AG for unm 135, see if you can tolerate it.

1200 jp blu is also way stronger than 230 jp, mind you. I can see 1200 jp blu being okay, especially with double AG. I don't see how avg blu with 230 is okay for unm 135.

If you're a PUG leaders, for the sake of entire pt members time and sanity, by all means filter out people that can't DD. Call me elitist if you want, idc.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-04-27 14:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so seeing as everytime u see a shout for JP pt u don't see geo in those shouts? and honestly getting P on any job is not hard to do, I can do CP chain 20+ on apex mobs on near every DD job solo,
By Titanfoo 2016-04-27 14:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
You know, we are gonna be sitting 5/6 shouting master white Mage can I have it? Lol master white Mage is gonna be in crazy demand. And I wonder what kinda drops get would be in this type of exclusive content.

I also hope they will throw out a Jp campaign next month. And nowhere does it say Jp is needed for entry. Maybe just master status.

I hope it's solo Maat style. I can tell you right now, some people running around with stars on their head are not Masters lol. Would be nice to have a solo Trial that could force people to prove they don't actually suck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-28 08:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Reality is it will be Master-ONLY event, and the gear will be Ambuscade level interest. It would be fun if it was 1v1 waves, but it certainly looks like lowman - alliance content.

Probably will bring back the Original Assault gear models (those were cool) for nostalgia with ilvl. This would be their obvious way of rekindling older content + getting players encouraged to max out their jobs.

I have RUN Mastered, and could very easily have GEO, COR, and BLU mastered as well, but when the standard for having master isn't as strict on some jobs/content, I get lazy. Plus, people equally accept a 900 skill GEO with Dunna or a COR with 1 merit in random deal just as much as a mastered job. Lol, not even kidding, standards are so low. This event will undoubtedly force me to master all of these jobs.

Look forward to Double CP Chains + Double Commitment campaigns coming next week. They really want everyone to participate, and I think this event is great for the Masters.

Man, I feel so dirty calling some of you stars "Masters".

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 201 202 203