Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-22 21:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

I think you'll be happy to hear that the development team is currently planning other avenues to obtain Heavy Metal Plates and all the other item that are in high demand. While this will be addressed sometime after the April version update, I believe you will find that it will be easier to obtain a greater amount of these items. We'll share more information once the plans have been finalized.

Everything else is piss easy so why not remove something else time consuming?

Piss easy HPB where? More Idris can I have it? That's really all I care lol.

Edit: I think the era of REM DD or no invite may come back since skill 269 DD is ridiculously powerful atm, and those are easy to obtain so every DD would have one.

Brb lving mage jobs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-22 21:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Edit: I think the era of REM DD or no invite may come back since skill 269 DD is ridiculously powerful atm, and those are easy to obtain so every DD would have one.

Brb lving mage jobs.
The WKR events give out like 4 HPB per kill, plus a hefty amount of bayld (I recall a net gain of around 50k for capping). Considering how quick they can be killed now, even solo, it's not unreasonable to make a massive amount of bayld in a short time.

As for 269 only groups, I don't think that's going to be demanded (well, some idiots may demand it), since everything short of Tumult Curator has been killed without them, as far as I know. The new weapons aren't as defining as skill, experience, understanding and other gear can be.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-22 22:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

during the event
Important point here. Nobody does VW outside the campaign because it's *** terrible content. A steady supply, even if at a lower rate than what you'd see during a campaign, is a reasonable idea. HPB isn't much better off in that respect either.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-22 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Brb lving mage jobs.
The WKR events give out like 4 HPB per kill, plus a hefty amount of bayld (I recall a net gain of around 50k for capping). Considering how quick they can be killed now, even solo, it's not unreasonable to make a massive amount of bayld in a short time.

As for 269 only groups, I don't think that's going to be demanded (well, some idiots may demand it), since everything short of Tumult Curator has been killed without them, as far as I know. The new weapons aren't as defining as skill, experience, understanding and other gear can be.

As more and more ppl obtain skill 269 weapons, it's really hard for skill 242 weapons players to compete. Sure, you can "complete" content without them, but ppl will ask for best geared DD that gives highest success rate.

Otherwise why demand X amount of JP on blu? You could kill things without 1200 jp too.

As for argument about skills, I would say this doesn't apply to DD jobs. No amount of skill and experience can make up the gap of having oa2 to 3 mainhand and 50 DEX offhand..... unless the player use those weapons gimp in every other slot.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 00:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

I think you'll be happy to hear that the development team is currently planning other avenues to obtain Heavy Metal Plates and all the other item that are in high demand. While this will be addressed sometime after the April version update, I believe you will find that it will be easier to obtain a greater amount of these items. We'll share more information once the plans have been finalized.

Everything else is piss easy so why not remove something else time consuming?

Brb lving mage jobs.

HPB doesn't need a change either.

As for no invites. People aren't inviting PUGs to things like WoC, and anything else people might ask for that on like a T2 in Ru'Aun or Reisenjima. You don't need it for, and no one has to go with bimbo party leaders anyway.

In essence that is not a real problem, and certainly one that will never affect me meaningfully because I just make groups. If it is serious then I gather linkshell members and friends from the LS I made by handing out pearls to PUG members overtime.

FFXI is hard
, better demand weapons we didn't have when we already cleared the content, and then whine for years to the Devs.

HMP is close to the price it was when doing VW was actually fashionable on Asura thanks to the AH removing the ridiculous bazaars. The cheapest I ever saw HMP at was 70k at the very height of VW, and they were just 80k on the AH during the event.
There is nothing wrong with 100k HMPs, and no I don't want to get a bunch of math about price differences. You can't balance drop rates based on the current cost in the economy as that changes. There is a tipping point.
I mean look at Alex, who honestly should complain about the 30k total since the KI changes from RoV and AH availability?

HMP shouldn't really be changed much at all. They already raised them on Jeuno T3s before. If that is the only sort of change they are doing though then I am cool with that, but SE has a tendency to get all excited and blow their balancing load.

Ergons are significantly more expensive than other REM weapons, which means we are not farming them fast enough if we follow supply and demand rules. And they're way more game changing to endgame events, it would help every endgame player if more. ppl have one.WKR campaign doesn't help much.

HMP price was more like one third of VW era now, it was 150k each when I made mine in 2012. It was 50k a while ago.

If you read my previous post, I didn't specify "PUG looking for escha T1 and 2 clears" those PUG may take whatever help they have and won't demand much.

But for many other melee zerg content(maju, escha seiryu, unm 135)if you can get a new Tizona + Almace blu, I don't see the reason not to use them. As more and more ppl get those weapons, that means whoever don't have those weapons will have to play support jobs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 00:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Brb lving mage jobs.

As more and more ppl obtain skill 269 weapons, it's really hard for skill 242 weapons players to compete. Sure, you can "complete" content without them, but ppl will ask for best geared DD that gives highest success rate.

Otherwise why demand X amount of JP on blu? You could kill things without 1200 jp too.

As for argument about skills, I would say this doesn't apply to DD jobs. No amount of skill and experience can make up the gap of having oa2 to 3 mainhand and 50 DEX offhand..... unless the player use those weapons gimp in every other slot.

Lol the content hasn't changed from when all the weapons were 242.

242 weapons aren't supposed to be able to really compete with 269 weapons. This is the intention of an ultimate weapon.

Once again no one needs to go with bimbo PT leaders who demand certain things that aren't needed.
I personally have never asked for any player to have JPs.

900 skill and a Dunna, but you aren't Master? I don't care after the first two are met. No one should because they are shouting for a player.

Of course the content haven't change. But ppl will always use a setup with the highest win rate and fastest kill.

You don't need an Idris for AV2, why ask for Idris then. But hey, I've seen ppl ask for Idris on AV2, that means dunna geo don't get invite unless they absolutely can't find Idris.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-23 00:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They are less people playing FFXI then ever and less REM being made as well. At this point there should be more avenues to obtain items to upgrade at a easier pace, especially Ergon and Empy. We aren't asking for mobs that drop 100 at a time but maybe a event or revamp to current events to help ease the flow and make other events more lucrative in the process.

Don't be mad. Enjoy the change. Heck this might bring more people back to play. I never understood why people feel REM should make you grow grey hairs especially this far in FFXI's life span.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 00:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ergons are significantly more expensive than other REM weapons, which means we are not farming them fast enough if we follow supply and demand rules. And they're way more game changing to endgame events, it would help every endgame player if more. ppl has one.

WKR campaign doesn't help much. HMP price was more like one third of VW era now, it was 150k each when I made mine in 2012. It was 50k a while ago.

If you read my previous post, I didn't specify "PUG looking for escha T1 and 2 clears" those PUG may take whatever help they have and won't demand much.

But for many other melee zerg content(maju, escha seiryu, unm 135)if you can get a new Tizona + Almace blu, I don't see the reason not to use them. As more and more ppl get those weapons, that means whoever don't have those weapons will have to play support jobs.

30k on Asura since forever now.

Anyway, Ergons are much better weapons, and Idris is the best thing in the game to have with you. Both ergon weapons are significantly more important to the job than REMs are to theirs respectively.
WKR campaign helps tons too for server supply.

If it isn't a a shout group (all shout groups are PUGs) demanding certain things then it is a linkshell demanding it, and then you have a shitty LS that forgets this is a game. PUGs can be incredibly demanding though from shouts I have seen.

Who cares if they want a certain melee setup now? They literally also want a certain minimum amount of MB damage to a target to invite people. If you play with these sorta people then that is not SEs fault.

Sorry for the bad formatting, hbp not hmp.

You are basically saying 90% of high end ls are shitty in that post lol. Then proceed to use "too bad if you play with players wanting to clear the hardest content and clear things as efficiently as possible, you should play with players doing things slow and harder way" argument.

I don't care who you play with, but surely you can't interfere others on who they pt with?

Also sorry for wanting to somewhat get close to Tizona + almace owners. Of course ppl owning both weapons gonna say no.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 00:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
They are less people playing FFXI then ever and less REM being made as well. At this point there should be more avenues to obtain items to upgrade at a easier pace, especially Ergon and Empy. We aren't asking for mobs that drop 100 at a time but maybe a event or revamp to current events to help ease the flow and make other events more lucrative in the process.

Don't be mad. Enjoy the change. Heck this might bring more people back to play. I never understood why people feel REM should make you grow grey hairs especially this far in FFXI's life span.

I wasnt mad, I just think Idris should be equally easy and concerned about none rem DD can't get anywhere close to DD using both REM, thus they have to job change to support. Which has happened in ffxi repeatedly over the years, and it's a legit concern.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 01:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ergons are significantly more expensive than other REM weapons, which means we are not farming them fast enough if we follow supply and demand rules. And they're way more game changing to endgame events, it would help every endgame player if more. ppl has one.

WKR campaign doesn't help much. HMP price was more like one third of VW era now, it was 150k each when I made mine in 2012. It was 50k a while ago.

30k on Asura since forever now.

Anyway, Ergons are much better weapons, and Idris is the best thing in the game to have with you. Both ergon weapons are significantly more important to the job than REMs are to theirs respectively.
WKR campaign helps tons too for server supply.

If it isn't a a shout group (all shout groups are PUGs) demanding certain things then it is a linkshell demanding it, and then you have a shitty LS that forgets this is a game. PUGs can be incredibly demanding though from shouts I have seen.

Who cares if they want a certain melee setup now? They literally also want a certain minimum amount of MB damage to a target to invite people. If you play with these sorta people then that is not SEs fault.

Sorry for the bad formatting, hbp not hmp.

You are basically saying 90% of high end ls are shitty in that post lol. Then proceed to use "too bad if you play with players wanting to clear the hardest content and clear things as efficiently as possible, you should play with players doing things slow and harder way" argument.

I don't care who you play with, but surely you can't interfere others on who they pt with?

Also sorry for wanting to somewhat get close to Tizona + almace owners. Of course ppl owning both weapons gonna say no.

I was talking about HPB too. Context.

And yes, I look at attitude over virtual accomplishments. Most of those LS have a shitty attitude with players with shitty attitudes. This is why you feel the need to remark about people being exclusionary.

Once again the point of ultimate weapons is so that your Coladas don't beat Tizona/Almace.

Sorrryyy hmp not hpb. I kept getting mixed up.

I'm all for tizona and almace outparse colada, since those are so much time consuming to obtain, but atm the gap is huge. Think it's 20% last time I checked?( Feel free to correct me as those numbers are old, and I haven't upgrade spread sheet for a while now) I think 10% ahead of colada owners are good number.

Regardless, how far should legendary be ahead of alternatives are subjective though. I'm more of supporter of "small gap" when it comes to balance and gear tiers since I'm a Tanaka FFXI fan. I'm just pointing out the danger of having legendary this OP AND make it easy to obtain, which forces everyone to obtain one.

Also I completely disagree with your biased opinion about shitty attitude. There are many players from top ls don't have shitty attitudes. I've seen way more players with ***attitude from social LS. Seeking for pt efficiency also has nothing to do with shitty attitude. IMO shitty attitude is like rage quit over drop or fail, trolling, personal attack people by saying things like "you are an idiot", or went emo over silly things. A lot of top end ls don't do those, and it happens a lot more often in social ls or PUG trying to clear easier content.

Seeking pt efficiency and higher success rate can be done in a very friendly manners too. I've yet to see a clear relationship between shitty attitude and seeking efficiency. And one of the best LS that I've ever been has awesome efficiency, but none of the member has shitty attitude.

Edit: Fixed a few more errors in this post....sorry for mistakes here and here....I need sleep....
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-23 02:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well half exp/cp campaign is active so guess it's time to focus on the other stuff!
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-23 05:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Well half exp/cp campaign is active so guess it's time to focus on the other stuff!
finally gonna learn to play pld then ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-23 05:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-02-23 05:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-23 06:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree... Mostly.
The human condition leads me to think that it'll me more than a few.
Especially anyone who comes from the 99era and knows jack ***about all the changes around everywhere.
(Or even basic core mechanics... Some people seem to think all one needs is a REAME and you'll autowin. Once even had someone tell my LSmate that his Burtgis PLD is bad because he takes more than 0dmg. Apparently -68% and -87.5% are -100%.)
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-02-23 07:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They should add HMPs to a ROE for level syncing. Something like one for every thirty mobs killed or whatever.

Adding more rewards than just sparks and accolades to current CP camps would mean those camps would always be busy with bots and crap.

Adding valuable rewards to level syncing would mean currently empty zones would *gasp* be useful and encourage players to level their mules/make more mules/have level down parties-ha!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-23 07:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Abjuration Dial Campaign: Aspidochelones Revenge!

Where 67% of the Gobbiebox rewards are Dryadic Abjuration: Feet!

We WILL be D.Feeted!
[+]
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-23 07:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I got d.feet two weeks ago. It was at least a nostalgic laugh as I dropped them.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-23 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
lol i still remember the old dyna ls with you and akeon as plds good times
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-23 09:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

dear god, no double CP bonus??

Shoot me now. I don't want to live on Vana'Diel anymore.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-02-23 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.

On the vagary campaign, not properly implemented. Only receive one additional item as normal.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-23 09:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Quote:
Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.

On the vagary campaign, not properly implemented. Only receive one additional item as normal.

Thanks for posting this.. you have saved me a ton of effort in setting up events for this later.

I'm extremely disappointed to hear it's not working properly. The idea of getting 3 random items from all 5 KI's sounded great.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-23 10:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect it is working properly and the wording for the vagary campaign was wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 201 202 203