Game: FFXI
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-02-09 23:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
thank god all the mage weapons are still trash, i don't have to farm shitall

I don't know. It seems as though mythic SCH or BLM staves got a nice upgrade, and Idris got a nice macc and mab upgrade.

laeva/tupsi are still not good for raw damage, especially since grioavolr got a mab/macc cap buff.

idris is good for enfeebs, but solstice still dunks it for max damage due to no int

Ah didn't read the cap increases. I see that now. :{
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 00:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And I stand corrected, two weeks worth of work instead of one, well assuming you can get in. Four hours a night spamming either Delve BCNMs should get you the necessary amount in fourteen days of play for most people.

And yes the updated weapons are even more powerful then I originally thought. DEX +50 on Almace is crazy powerful. Apoc DRK's can stop whining now, that Scythe looks crazy good. Ragnarok looks just insane for Reso spam on WAR, depends on how long the AM effects last though.

Quote:
DMG:362 Delay:513 Accuracy+60 Magic Damage+217 Scythe skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +242 "Catastrophe" Additional effect: Blindness Aftermath: Accuracy+15 Haste+10% Afterglow
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-10 00:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG and COR getting unlimited unique ammo is a really cool touch.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-02-10 00:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

By the numbers, how long would it take to farm? I don't know how many you typically get from boxes/cases, or how many you'd get in a typical Delve or BCNM run.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 01:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
By the numbers, how long would it take to farm?

Farming 500~1000 a day is easily possible with friends. By myself I can get a few hundred. The problem here is everyone is looking to "solo" their 10,000 or split with friends, so that dilutes the reward. If a group of 3~6 friends work together, they can knock 10,000 out in a week or two depending on jobs and play time. Remember you get a personal loot pool along with the shared one, so friends can help each other out and finish out quickly. But if you split everything evenly, then it could take considerably longer but with everyone finishing about the same time.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 01:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
By the numbers, how long would it take to farm? I don't know how many you typically get from boxes/cases, or how many you'd get in a typical Delve or BCNM run.

Depend on how long you play a day I guess. 1 delve2 run usually takes 12-15 min before update, you can probably push clear time close to 10 min with melee dmg update now.

So that's 4-5 runs per hr. Say if you get 100 items a run(not sure the exact number here), that's roughly 400 upgrade items per hr? So if you play 1-2 hr a night and farm 400 everyday, would need almost a month to finish? It's not that bad IMO.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-02-10 01:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's assuming you have the jobs and accounts to solo delve in 15 minutes.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 02:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve was more of a backup plan if all the BCNM's are full. We are spamming D avatar fights right now and getting quite a bit.

Update, switched to VD fights and getting a ***ton of box's and parcels.

BLU
BLU
GEO
WHM

Plowing through VD like it's paper. Could easily use different melee's if we brought another support or two. More people doesn't really hurt since most of our currencies are from personal pool and they make the fights go super quick so we can spam more. Got several hundred in two hours.
[+]
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2016-02-10 06:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is you still dont get the accuracy to hit a ***
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
thank god all the mage weapons are still trash, i don't have to farm shitall

I don't know. It seems as though mythic SCH or BLM staves got a nice upgrade, and Idris got a nice macc and mab upgrade.

Problem is you still do not get the accuracy to *** hit anything. Everyone has to hope for an Occult build that's not BLM to use them. There is 0 point to dumping 10k stones into the mage weapons other than completion or "I love glowystuffz".

I had hope that something cool would happen to Claustrum and Nirvana and it didn't. Queue up the Price is Right loser music.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 08:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok after many hours doing this I ended up getting 383 per hour average. Two hours per night will get you it in two weeks, four hours can make it done in a week, basically during this campaign.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-02-10 08:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ok after many hours doing this I ended up getting 383 per hour average. Two hours per night will get you it in two weeks, four hours can make it done in a week, basically during this campaign.

Which battlefield and what difficulty?

Well, on the brightside, the 10,000 pluton/riftbourn/beitetsu requirement is a lot better than umbral/mulcibar/riftcinder.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 08:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

Well, on the brightside, the 10,000 pluton/riftbourn/beitetsu requirement is a lot better than umbral/mulcibar/riftcinder.

It cost around 100M if 1 item sells for 10k. But that's a new way to make gil!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 08:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

We were doing the VD Avatar fights but I can see others doing Tenzen or AA's. Go in with a solid group, smash it quickly, then clear pool, warp out to get KI and warp back. We were clearing the fights in 2~3 min and then spent more time running to and from town due to zone reload times. I saw one guy with five mules going in and "soloing" the fights, kinda cheesy though.
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 08:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the ongoing campaign make a huge difference?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 09:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xijaah said: »

My understanding is that it's only a third drop slot to your personal pool, so 33% increase. VD gives you two guaranteed drop slots for currency in your personal pool.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 09:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that it's only a third drop slot to your personal pool, so 33% increase. VD gives you two guaranteed drop slots for currency in your personal pool.
More like a 50% increase, but its no wkr campaign at least!
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-02-10 11:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Avatar

Am I correct in assuming that avatar BCNMs are hosted on a different server (as opposed to Tenzen, AA etc)? Since it seemed odd to get no congestion when we were farming it.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 12:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

btw rangers got screwed; our pdif cap went from 3.0 to 3.5... that's hardly fair
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 12:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
VD Avatar

Am I correct in assuming that avatar BCNMs are hosted on a different server (as opposed to Tenzen, AA etc)? Since it seemed odd to get no congestion when we were farming it.

All are on the same server cluster. What causes congestion is that FFXI doesn't have true instancing, instead SE just makes several copies of the battle field. So if four groups are doing the same fight, they all occupy the same zone but are on different "floors" so to speak, different copies of the battle field. Those copies are static so however many SE created is the max number of concurrent fights. If a BCNM has four copies, then only four fights can happen at once and a fifth group would be told it was busy. Everyone is trying to do the exact same BCNM's because they are incapable of thinking for themselves and just do whatever they see another successful group do. I chose those battlefields deliberately to avoid all those silly people taking a long *** time to solo D for pitiful drops.
By dustinfoley 2016-02-10 13:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

btw rangers got screwed; our pdif cap went from 3.0 to 3.5... that's hardly fair

Being as the point was to buff melee as a reward for having to be in range of 100% of ae... i think its fair...
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 13:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

Being as the point was to buff melee as a reward for having to be in range of 100% of ae... i think its fair...
i dont think that was ever the point, nor it would have any sense to begin with... melees will still be dead meat on non-melee friendly NMs. The way they had worded it, they wanted physical damage to be relevant again, which we will soon see if it happens.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 19:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So where is this Geomancy +8 Dunna that is supposed to "close the gap" with Mythic owners?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-10 19:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So where is this Geomancy +8 Dunna that is supposed to "close the gap" with Mythic owners?

Probably in the same place as the new sources of HP bayld that were supposed to close the gap between mythics and ergons.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-10 19:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
VD Avatar

BCNMs in XI take place in little areas hidden outside normal viewing range, but still within their designated zone. A few of them are visible with extended drawdistance. The BC in Castle Zvahl comes to mind; if you stand on the walkway leading to the BC entrance and look up and slightly to your left you may be able to see one or two of the BC rooms off in the distance. There's three total for that area iirc, which is a pretty standard number for XI's BCs. If the avatar BCs aren't congested, it just means there's fewer people trying to do them at that time. Areas like Nyzul, Salvage, Limbus, Skirmish zones, and even Mordion Gaol are just huge spaces dotted with copies of the relevant maps. Einherjar is an interesting quasi-exception; each of the battle sites are connected by tunnels that in turn lead back to the gate at the entrance. The original plan for Einherjar was presumably slightly different, but was changed at the last minute (time constraints?).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
If the avatar BCs aren't congested, it just means there's fewer people trying to do them at that time.

He's talking about the other night when he was in my group farming currency. Each Avatar has it's own battlefield, unlike the AA fights that share, so while we did see people coming and going we never had to wait to get in. There are several infrequently used BC's that are pretty easy to farm on VD with a competent group. Zero reason to deal with all the soloists.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-10 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancelord would probably be one of those less frequently remembered fights, and is definitely the easiest one for a mage setup.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-10 20:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep that was one of the ones I was thinking to do. SC + MB water on him should have him dead in two volleys. The only issue is the first part with the adds is kind of a time waster.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-11 12:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

any1 had luck with Dawn after the update? been doing D since the update (around 40 fights already) and didnt see the body drop yet, did they really boost the drop rate or just trolling? :<
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-11 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
any1 had luck with Dawn after the update? been doing D since the update (around 40 fights already) and didnt see the body drop yet, did they really boost the drop rate or just trolling? :<

It would drop more if you suck less and stop being a bandwagon BST
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 201 202 203