First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 201 202 203
 Sylph.Zeocat
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Zeota
By Sylph.Zeocat 2017-05-31 10:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And like that everyone stops CPing and opens all the camps up again.

Indeed! I finished what I wanted to, so I'm happy.

Looks like next month will be another busy one. And by busy, I mean living in Nyzul Isle again.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-31 12:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I got nine more jobs to go, waiting on CP campaign is dumb because you can get just as much outside if you know the camps to use.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-31 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't even gotten one job to master yet.

All I got is:

BLU
COR
THF
lolgeo
PLD
WHM
SMN
PUP (just got it to 99 this weekend, spent 10+ mil on a job I just felt like leveling, barely got 5 JPs on it at the moment, still not even capped on Auto Melee)

Highest JP is BLU, got like 570+ JPs on it, everything else is less than 30.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-31 13:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO once you hit 1200 JP it goes fast even without the campaign.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-05-31 13:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Escutcheons are gonna get something like occasionally not using the crystal you synthing with
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-05-31 13:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

and my crafting *** will go back where it came from

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Sidiov 2017-05-31 14:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Awww, no voidwatch campaign again.
Did anyone notice a difference with the skirmish augmenting boost? I burned a stack of wailing stones +2 last campaign and got about the same augments as to be expected
Pretty certain +2 doesn't get much if any boost, effectively I noticed that +1 seemed to give me a lot more of what I was seeing with usual +2 use (-4 mdt/-4pdt/extra junk), but I didnt save any hard numbers, burned about 400 wailing +1 (skcnm drops) on random gear

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hammel
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hammel
By Lakshmi.Hammel 2017-06-04 15:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"This update may be on the small side, but think of it as pre-combat buffing before we alpha strike our way to victory!"

Hmmm. I do wonder what this is alluding to. Maybe more omen bosses, or if I had to guess, relic +2/3?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-04 15:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't really make sense to add more Omen bosses unless they're going to put Relic in there, and make them require "new" scales.

Personally, I'm hoping they create new areas for relic/empyrean. Ideally, something in WotG with a storyline of "lost techniques to reforge the armor of the Hydra Corps has been found", introduced by Lilisette or something. And I'd love to see them give us a fraction of Tartarus for Empyrean.
 Lakshmi.Hammel
By Lakshmi.Hammel 2017-06-04 16:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was wondering how that will ultimately be implemented. Your idea is pretty cool though. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll probably keep the same zone/scale and just let you choose if you want to upgrade af/relic/emp. I'm honestly kinda hoping for that, only because new zones would probably create scheduling conflicts with having to still do the original omen, + that haha. Unless of course they lowered the reentry time for omen.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-04 16:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Limbus zones is unused, but that could be a development issue if Limbus suddenly being crowded means people who needed to access old content for AF upgrades can't do so.

I'd be down for a new zone in reiseinjima or Lumoria (not necessarily Limbus) but using the same currency (job cards) but with completely different bosses and upgrade paths.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-04 16:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Limbus zones is unused, but that could be a development issue if Limbus suddenly being crowded means people who needed to access old content for AF upgrades can't do so.

I'd be down for a new zone in reiseinjima or Lumoria (not necessarily Limbus) but using the same currency (job cards) but with completely different bosses and upgrade paths.

While I agree that seeing a revival of Limbus would be nice, I would personally be bothered they used the Zones originally for Artifact upgrading for a different set. Yeah, I can get picky like that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hammel
By Lakshmi.Hammel 2017-06-04 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I need like two more months, then I'll be ready for relic/emp stuff lol. I'm selfishly hoping it doesn't come out next month. Limbus would be cool, though. It might of even been a better fit for the AF +2/3 than Reisenjima. Will have to wait and see though.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-06-04 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 dyna 2.0 for relic upgrade.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-04 18:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Escutcheons are gonna get something like occasionally not using the crystal you synthing with

This made me laugh because I could see SE doing something exactly like that lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-04 18:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever happens, they better increase the drop rate of cards when they release Relic +2/+3 (with different job cards of course).
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-04 19:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

2-1 trade for cards would be fine too =-[
 Lakshmi.Hammel
By Lakshmi.Hammel 2017-06-04 20:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I could even live with 3-1, or 5-1.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-05 01:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
2-1 trade for cards would be fine too =-[
While a change in the exchange rate is long due, it wouldn't really be anything to the scale of what I'm talking about.

It's around ~3 months to go 5/5 +3 pieces on a job. That's if you never skip a run and you always get the max amount of cards each run, so realistically even more than 3 months.

All that a different card exchange rate would do is allow you slightly more freedom in the job you want to go to Omen as, but that's it.

Omen is "old" content, it's been out for what, 8 months? If they release new content they really need to do something about how many cards you gain each run.
Even the so-called "card farming path" is quite preposterous, given how you can get only one additional card per run (and you miss the chance of getting chest floors), so "card farming path" my ***, really.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-05 01:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 3:1 is fair. I like that they're trying to force people on certain jobs to get things, because I think it gives more emphasis on playing the job you want, which this community badly needs to understand is largely fine. We just need people to enjoy playing support/whm/tanks more. Each Omen can be killed with any DD jobs as DD, just need to pick the right boss, or any DD works overall if doing a card run.

Also it's 2.x-3 cards for a regular boss, but 4.x-5 cards for a card farming path. Considering it's easier and nets up to 2 extra cards, it fits the bill for card farming.

The main thing they need to fix is how *** useless scales are and up body drops. Or make it so scales can be turned in for a body (ideal, IMO) so if you spam the ***out of Gin for 3 months you can be certain of acquiring the body.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-05 02:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason they introduced a "card farming path" was to allow people to avoid the midboss while soloing/duoing, and thus earn as many cards as a typical full party run. It was never meant to be some glory trail of cards, just a way to even the playing field when the cap was 6 characters per run and people couldn't get groups, or go on the job they want cards for.

I do envision a 3:1 exchange rate if they introduce a new system for relic/empy. If future gear uses the same cards, I doubt they give us a break on exchange rates, as they'll be repurposed.

edit: the scale issue is real.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-05 03:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I guess that's just me then, but I'm not fine with ~3 months to complete a set for a job, that's even supposing you get a chance to do Omen as that job.
Aspect for which a different cards exchange ratio could mitigate the issues, but that would also greatly increase the amount of time needed, which is already way too large.

Plus, realistically, some jobs don't really have it easy at completing all objectives if you solo.
Last but not least, Omen is not a particularly fast event where you're done in 15 mins on a full run (aiming for full objs), it can be quite tedious.

I'm super fine with things having been like this so far.
It's only right when a thing it's fresh and new it takes more time/it's harder to complete, things have tipically always been like that and I think it's a good model.
Which is why I'm saying if they release reforged Relic armor (i.e. new content) I really think they should offer more means to obtain cards for reforged AFs.
And I think they should simply increase the amount of cards you get per run, period.
Exchange rate would be welcome and cool, but not enough.
Lower KI recharge time would also be welcome and cool, but not enough.
It really needs to be more cards per run and nothing else, imho.
Not even saying it should be 20 cards per run, but something higher than it currently is.
4-5 cards on an AVERAGE (non perfect) run looks like where it should be.

Again, looking at how happy people seems to be in this thread, I guess it's just me who's wishing for slightly faster AF upgrades.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-05 04:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

At the moment, you have to trade in 10 identical job cards to get one card for a different job.

I want to be able to trade multiple jobs' cards, and I think bringing it down to 3:1 would be pretty appropriate because you're basically getting one card for a job you care about in exchange for a run on a job you don't care about.

I'm 4 cards off from completing 3 pieces and have about 50 random job cards that I got from the BCNM campaigns. I'd happily trade them in and avoid wasting runs, but:
1) I can't, because I don't have 10 of any single type
2) The exchange rate is terrible.

Personally, I would happily do Omen until I get this many cards:
DNC - 1
MNK - 131
BRD - 156
PLD - 23
THF - 48 (at least)
GEO - 95
BLM - 87
SMN - 45

I've missed maybe a dozen potential canteens since Omen was released. You can see that I still have about a year to go before I finish my main jobs and move on to my other jobs like WAR.
By geigei 2017-06-05 04:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why stop there? make it sellable
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
Server: Bahamut
user: Vishnuff
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2017-06-05 07:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

imo it should be like from +2 to +3 Head Ar. 10 cards + scale or 20 cards w/o scale
By Faero 2017-06-05 08:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or perhaps 1 Scale = a fixed number of cards. So instead of lets say 50 cards + 1 scale to make a body +3, you could trade 10 cards and 5 scales (assuming 1 scale is 10 cards in this example).
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-05 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I just want scales to be tradeable for boss drops. Say 5 scales = common item (Dingir Ring), 10 scales = uncommon item(yamarang), 50 scales = body.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-05 08:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not 100 cards for one piece of AF1+4 ?

Could remove some of the useless MAB and ACC and add more -enmity.
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 201 202 203