users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2017-05-30 03:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the June Version Update

Well met, adventurers! Matsui here with the latest FINAL FANTASY XI news.

June means many different things across the world. Here in Japan, it’s the rainy season. Many places in North America and Europe are entering summer holidays.
In Oceania, it’s the middle of winter. But one thing’s for sure—no matter where you are, June is a great time to spend in Vana’diel!

The first topic this month is Ambuscade. Keep your shoes on, because it’s going to be crawling with slugs! Vana’diel is humid this time of year,
meaning the damp ground is just a veritable breeding ground for these slimy insects.

We’ve received feedback from multiple users that the Escutcheon quest line cancel dialogue is a little vague,
so we’ve adjusted the conversation a bit to make it flow better. Don’t worry—we’ve got our eye on this and other potential ease-of-understanding changes.

This update may be on the small side, but think of it as pre-combat buffing before we alpha strike our way to victory!

As is customary, we’ve prepared a table detailing the changes you can expect in June.
Last-minute issues may arise prevent us from implementing everything in this list,
but we’re doing our utmost to bring everything here to you this month.

Mission and Quest-related
Escutcheons
・Add confirmation text when cancelling a quest

Content and System-related
Gobbie Mystery Box
・Add Adoulin dial items
Porter Moogle
・Add to the list of supported items

Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Weapon Skill
・Adjustment to rate of additional effect
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-30 06:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

<SE> Hey guys, we are going to adjust WSs!
<Community> All Right! Finally, H2H WSs are going to be great again!
<SE> JK! We are only going to adjust the additional effects on certain WSs, so your Full Break can land enfeebles better *troll face*
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-30 07:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They gonna nerf Leg Sweep to troll Ruaumoko, calling it now!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-30 07:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably saw is YT videos and said "***...."
By Blazed1979 2017-05-30 08:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Conclusion: GA Break WS's will now last 10 seconds longer
I hate it when I'm right. Especially when I meant to take the piss and imply SE would do the least most useful change possible, to piss in everyone's face!
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-05-30 08:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is good for Bravura users :P
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-30 08:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This patch looks so full of new interesting content, can't wait for it to hit the live servers!!!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 08:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there are multiple WS's with potent additional effects that are useless because they never land when you need them to. Tachi: Ageha, several Break WS's and some of the Stun WS's. Leg Sweep stands out because it actually works where the rest are non-functional on anything remotely dangerous. They also mentioned this is a small update with more planned for later.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Armor_Break

Defense -25% lasts 180 / 90 / resisted

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Break

Attack -25% lasts for 180 / 90 / resisted

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tachi:_Ageha

Defense -25% lasts for 180 / 90 / resisted

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shattersoul

MDB -10 lasts for 120s, the description is wrong cause I've never seen a duration longer then 120s regardless of TP.

Can dig through but there are others, most kinda suck because on harder ***they don't land and we just stick to bashing things in the face.
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-05-30 08:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey if I can get Dispel as BLM or SMN /(Something that has actual staff WS) that procs every attack round, I'd be happy.

Make Staff Great Again.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 08:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh yeah forgot about these

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shell_Crusher

Defense -25% for a long *** duration

And BLM / SCH / SMN should get Cataclysm naturally.
By eliroo 2017-05-30 09:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If they adjust the effects too Death Blossom may be a skill we should look at too.
 Fenrir.Aisaka
Server: Fenrir
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-30 14:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 99% certain when they announced WS changes that it would be additional effect related, since they recently responded to the Ageha thread.

Kinda wish they'd re-evaluate additional effect WSs as a whole, though. For example, Pyrrhic Kleos is -10 Evasion and more TP just scales the duration from 60s to 180s. 10 Evasion is laughable as-is (even Shield Break is supposedly -40), and if anything the WS should scale TP into either a stronger evasion debuff or more damage.

Can pretty much say the same with a lot of other WSs, but since it's my Mythic WS it drives me nuts the most.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 15:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shield Break's -40 Evasion is extremely noticeable when your a level 10 WAR or DRK killing stuff. It's shitty that the newer WS's have such bad additional effects, PK should of been damage varies with TP or something useful.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-30 15:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
<SE> Hey guys, we are going to adjust WSs!
<Community> All Right! Finally, H2H WSs are going to be great again!
<SE> JK! We are only going to adjust the additional effects on certain WSs, so your Full Break can land enfeebles better *troll face*
I'm still totally fine with it if they actually fix them (and the blu spells while at it). They been blowing smoke in our faces forever about it. Cmon Tourbillion and idk Barbed Crescent?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-30 15:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they will make Metatron Torment's defense down proc more often. <_<

I wouldn't be surprised if it was stuff like Armor/Weapon/Full Break only for GAXE.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 16:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I wonder if they will make Metatron Torment's defense down proc more often. <_<

I wouldn't be surprised if it was stuff like Armor/Weapon/Full Break only for GAXE.

MT's defense down is ~18%, Full Break is 12.5%, Armor Break is -25%.

With the duration being what it is, it's almost always better to use Armor Break on big boss battles. I've been known to use Full Break as the Distortion linker in my SC's in order to apply the effect before the bigger WS's go off.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-05-30 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And SMN won't be nerfed this update either... ^_*)y

GG..Frod....
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-05-30 19:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I'm still totally fine with it if they actually fix them (and the blu spells while at it). They been blowing smoke in our faces forever about it. Cmon Tourbillion and idk Barbed Crescent?
Blue Magics were fixed more than 2 years ago.
OF said:
Resolved Issues

(...)

• The issue with the following blue magic spells wherein the accuracy of their additional effects was incorrect.

Wild Oats / Sandspin / Hecatomb Wave / Maelstrom / Barbed Crescent / Tourbillion

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-30 19:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shattersoul and Exenterator both did not have the indicated duration scaling initially when introduced on the test server.

I made a post to that effect on the OF, while the problem was still only on the test server. Eventually they released it without fixing it and I made another post reporting the bug again. This time, SE fixed it eventually, but only for Exenterator. Considering I made the post for Exenterator and Shattersoul, I have to assume they were actually responding to a JP post.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-30 19:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Blue Magics were fixed more than 2 years ago.
OF said:
Resolved Issues

(...)

• The issue with the following blue magic spells wherein the accuracy of their additional effects was incorrect.

Wild Oats / Sandspin / Hecatomb Wave / Maelstrom / Barbed Crescent / Tourbillion

Been a long time since I played blu but I thought it didn't work or something?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-30 21:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ring your own bell.

And make sure you wipe and/or use tissues this time. Last time it was a mess!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-30 22:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RingMyBell said: »
I don't get it.
Dude, seriously?

BTW, I found your avatar gif

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-30 22:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ringing the bell" is a colloquialism for masturbation.

Can we move on?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-05-31 01:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Man all this talk about H2H and additional effects... You know what they really should do? Make Gate of Tartarus a Multi-Hit high ftp scaling which distributes across all hits weaponskill. If you are going to make a damn melee mythic for mages at least make it good!

#MakeStaffGreatAgain (#MakeStaffGreatForTheFirstTimeEver?)

Edit: That scales off of INT, with a magic damage compontent that scales off MAB (*cough* flaming crush *cough*)
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-31 07:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Vana'diel Beat the Heat Campaign (05/31/2017)

The following campaigns will be held starting on Sunday, June 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign Period: Sunday, June 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Friday, June 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Bonus Bayld Campaign
Lair, colonization, and wildskeeper reives will offer evaluation bonuses throughout their duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.
* The maximum amount of bayld and experience available from a single reive remains unchanged.

Double Simulacra Segment Campaign
The drop rate for simulacra segments in colonization and lair reives will be doubled for the duration.

Delve Campaign – PLUS
Delve will receive the following adjustments for the duration of the campaign.
Players will earn double the usual amount of Mweya Plasm from defeating Delve monsters.
Twice the usual amount of Mweya Plasm will drop when clearing Delve.
Monsters may drop Airlixirs +1 and Airlixirs +2 when vanquished.

Wildskeeper Reive Campaign
During this campaign, wildskeeper reives will undergo the following changes to make them more accessible.
- The required fame and bayld cost of the key item required to participate have been reduced.
- Enemies will drop two pinches of high-purity bayld.
- Enemies will drop Mog Kupons AW-WK
- The respawn times for the following notorious monsters have been reduced.
Colkhab / Tchakka / Achuka / Yumcax / Hurkan / Kumhau

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
During the campaign, adventurers will have a chance to acquire new mysterious items whenever defeating a notorious monster on each floor.

Alter Ego Expo
Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
- Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
- Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.

Adoulin Dial Campaign
A brand new dial will added to the Goblin Mystery Box!
The Adoulin dial is usable once per Earth day and provides a variety of rewards specific to Seekers of Adoulin content, such as Skirmish stones and airlixirs from Delve.
Further, the chance of receiving equipment from the SP dial will be increased.
* The Adoulin dial is completely free to use.
* At least forty-five days must have passed since character creation to be eligible to use the Goblin Mystery Box.

Vagary Campaign

The rate at which Etching items drop from enemies has been increased. Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.
Fabricated Ward of Biting Winds / Fabricated Ward of Miasma / Fabricated Ward of Impurity / Fabricated Ward of Ashen Wings / Fabricated Ward of the False King
* These are the same rewards as those available via the dialogue option ?Whatever the master deems worthy.?

Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign

Engraving the following items with arcane glyptics will yield better results than before
Ninza +2 / Leisilonu +2 / Iztaasu +2 / Crobaci +2 / Faizeer +2 / Iclamar +2 / Iizamal +2 / Qatsunoci +2 / Kannakiri+2 / Shichishito +2 / Aedold +2 / Lehbrailg +2 / Uffrat +2 / Bocluamni +2 / Hgafircian +2
Cizin Helm +1 / Cizin Mail +1 / Cizin Mufflers +1 / Cizin Breeches +1 / Cizin Greaves +1 / Otronif Mask +1 / Otronif Harness +1 / Otronif Gloves +1 / Otronif Brais +1 / Otronif Boots +1 / Iuitl Headgear +1 / Iuitl Vest +1 / Iuitl Wristbands +1 / Iuitl Tights +1 / Iuitl Gaiters +1 / Gendewitha Caubeen *1 / Gendewitha Bliaut +1 / Gendewitha Gages +1 / Gendewitha Spats +1 / Gendewitha Galoshes +1 / Hagondes Hat +1 / Hagondes Coat +1 / Hagondes Cuffs +1 / Hagondes Pants +1 / Hagondes Sabot +1 / Beatific Shield +1

Incursion Campaign

During the campaign, monsters and notorious monsters will only drop grand coffers when defeated.

Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
Skirmishes will undergo the following changes during the campaign.
- Personal treasure coffer ranks will increase much faster.
- The spawn rate of yecuexes will be increased in Alluvion Skirmishes.
- The spawn rate of Balamor's Adumbration will be increased in Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
- Vials of translurry will always be obtainable in Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
- Vials of transmelange are more likely to be obtained in Skirmish – Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).
- The spawn rate of heartwings will be increased in Skirmishes in Yorcia Weald (U) and Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).

Combat and Magic Skill Increase campaign
Combat skills will be more likely to increase while in combat for the duration. Additionally, magic skills will be more likely to increase when casting spells.

I need bayld so I guess it's a good month for me
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-31 07:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch that the platemail's drop rate is better on the dial than it is through Vagary.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-31 07:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And like that everyone stops CPing and opens all the camps up again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 201 202 203