Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-10 19:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Dev Post on the OF

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51851-To-the-devs-Why-won-t-you-nerf-Geomancer?p=590414#post590414

Quote:
Camate "Thanks for all the feedback on this.

The development team is currently looking into overall adjustments to enfeebling magic as well as enhancing magic, and this also includes the stats that monsters possess. The team is in the midst of testing, so once there is some follow-up information we’ll be sure to share."

Interesting...

What stuff do you guys think should be considered from the above? Atm I'm a little tired to think of anything to list for example

Holy ***, did a few of us *** enough?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-10 20:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE:
Please let hasso/seigen work on 1 handed weapons/h2h weapons. (Dual Wield Not Included)

Sincerely jobs who do not dual wield, MNK/PUPs, and Rangers who do not want to use a staff /SAM.

:|
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-10 21:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Dear SE:
Please let hasso/seigen work on 1 handed weapons/h2h weapons. (Dual Wield Not Included)

Sincerely jobs who do not dual wield, MNK/PUPs, and Rangers who do not want to use a staff /SAM.

Doesn't hasso stay on if you use 2hd weapon > hasso/seigan > swap to 1hd weapon?
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2017-01-10 21:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I agree regarding distract/frazzle after looking over the testing done. My calculations had it around -74 evasion when it's around -188.

I suppose it's more about the issue of landing the dark based spell on many NMs + debuff shedding.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-10 21:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Dear SE:

Doesn't hasso stay on if you use 2hd weapon > hasso/seigan > swap to 1hd weapon?
It does, but it doesn't do anything but nerf casting speed and recast.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-10 21:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE:

Not sure that'd work out how you're hoping. I suppose it'd be fun (maybe a bit too much so) for WAR Fencer builds, but MNK already (over)caps delay reduction pretty easily. DNC might actually benefit from that; it's at least a competitive option with a lot of flexibility. NIN would probably take a slight loss by single wielding; not sure about THF. BLU probably stays about the same DPS-wise by single wielding, but having the ability to toggle Seigan for a free defensive option is pretty nifty.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-10 22:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Dear SE:

Not sure that'd work out how you're hoping. I suppose it'd be fun (maybe a bit too much so) for WAR Fencer builds, but MNK already (over)caps delay reduction pretty easily. DNC might actually benefit from that; it's at least a competitive option with a lot of flexibility. NIN would probably take a slight loss by single wielding; not sure about THF. BLU probably stays about the same DPS-wise by single wielding, but having the ability to toggle Seigan for a free defensive option is pretty nifty.

Heh busted.

Fencer is nice and all, but it can't really compete with dual wielders in regards to tp gain. The delay reductions from Dual Wield are just too significant in comparison.

Messing around in Ambuscade my Warrior was out damaging my fencer build each fight by just spamming Vorpal Blade with a Tanmogayi+1/Sangarius+1. The main reason was the tp gain. Quite literally it was like having sword chucks.

Options are nice is all, and I realize MNK would be over capped on delay. But MNK would have a better way to mitigate damage instead of subbing Ninja, or even subbing DNC (Brainfart I actually typed in subbing MNK earlier).

The store tp/sekka/meditate in general would allow them to weaponskill faster and even self skillchain.

I don't really see Ninja/Thief/Dancers giving up Dual Wield for this though.

Shits and giggles I suppose. I'd also be open to giving more jobs access to fencer traits *cough* Rune Fencer/RDM *cough*
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 22:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Fencer on WAR is for special circumstances, not really a pure DPS build. If you need to do Blunt damage you can use Fencer to spike up Judgment damage into unreal numbers, especially if you remember how Retaliation works. Fencer Savage/Mistral/Cloud also has a purpose but again very circumstantial. I usually just have /SAM as my sub and use the Store TP +15 even if doing Fencer builds.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-11 01:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Well Fencer on WAR is for special circumstances, not really a pure DPS build. If you need to do Blunt damage you can use Fencer to spike up Judgment damage into unreal numbers, especially if you remember how Retaliation works. Fencer Savage/Mistral/Cloud also has a purpose but again very circumstantial. I usually just have /SAM as my sub and use the Store TP +15 even if doing Fencer builds.

Same here, though it would just be icing on the cake if it worked.

Usually I use fencer when I need damage mitigation on stuff that hits hard and fast (ex: Shedu)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-11 02:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I don't have WAR but another situation where I've seen fencer shine for it is in CP pts.
With a WAR in your pt with a good fencer build, you can totally rely to SC damage without Magic Burst to kill Apex mobs.
A 3 step SC is more than enough for that.
I remember being in a pt with you in such a setup, I was on SCH and 9 times out of 10 I never even had a chance to finish casting my MB spell because the mob was dead by those 99k SC damage lol.
Was pretty boring from my point of view haha.

Guess it's something to be thinking of these days when mages are not quite as common if you want to CP.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-14 02:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate:

Quote:
Farewell, adventurers!
Dear adventurers,

It’s been nearly eight years since I began my adventures with Square Enix, and the journey has been filled with quests of memorable experiences that have taught me a great deal and shaped me into the person that I have become today. The next quest in my life is now upon me, but unfortunately the path for this one leads me away from Square Enix and into new opportunities, and it is here that I must say my farewells to the community as a member of the North American community team.

Both FFXI and FFXIV hold a special place in my heart, and I’m hoping that throughout my years on the community team my passion for these games has been clearly conveyed. I’d like to say thank you to everyone in the community for giving me the opportunity to share this passion and be part of something amazing.

Though I leave you all as a community team member, I will once again be returning to the community I came from as a fellow player. There’s tons of excitement to look forward to from here on out, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world!

See you in Vana’diel!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-14 03:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We've lost one of the best.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-14 03:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

): Bayohne's the last original one left
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-14 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to Enfeebling Magic the fix is quite simple.

RDM gets Magic Accuracy Bonus VI as a job trait. It comes to a total of +90 magic accuracy at Lv95. It's absolute *** that BLU is the only job to get that job trait.

RDM also gets a new Enhancing Magic spell, that can be cast on party members. Can also be cast on itself.

Intension
Increases magic accuracy for target party member.
Effect scales with Enhancing Magic Skill and caps at +75 magic accuracy. It mirrors a Dunna GEO using Indi-Focus at 900 skill.

This gives a RDM +165 magic accuracy with its trait and with Intension, it can now also provide more effective mage support.

Nerfing GEO will achieve nothing other than make 95% of endgame impossible. RDM, COR and BRD badly need buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-14 07:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
He was hot too! I would've put him on his 4 for good >:D

Tbf though doubt his act of leaving is gonna make any sort of difference, but maybe I'm underestimating their role, who knows.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-14 07:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
He was hot too! I would've put him on his 4 for good >:D

Tbf though doubt his act of leaving is gonna make any sort of difference, but maybe I'm underestimating their role, who knows.

Well, I'd say he's at least part of the reason we have Bard changes coming as he got into it with his JP counterpart in regards to it only a couple weeks ago...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-14 07:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that 99% (if not 100%) of the times the US community managers only reported comments made by jp devs in response to jp posts by jp users.
After a post happened they would translate it and post it in the english boards in another thread with similar questions from users.

Their job was to find these posts and use them as an excuse to post the translated information.
This was ok because most of the time english players ask the same things/complaints as JP ones.
Yet sometimes you could notice that their comments were being posted a bit out of place (because they couldn't find any other thread more "fitting")

Then they had to fill in regular reports, statistics and answer to direct questions when devs asked directly to them.
If things are really like this, their role was very hardly influential, as anything we english player asked was almost completely irrelevant unless a JP player also asked that same thing before and a dev decided to answer it.

IF things are like this, then Camate or anybody else leaving, will hardly have any sort of impact in the flow of things.
As a matter of fact when other "famous" community mangers from the past decided to leave, did you really notice any sort of difference? Because I didn't.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-14 07:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't mean I'm not sad to see Camate leaving, I loved him wholeheartedly.

Just saying I'm skeptic on his leaving to have any sort of relevant consequence in the flow of things =/
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-14 07:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah Community managers (their whole team) are tasked with taking posts from the forums (all forums, including NA one) and sending that information over to Japan. Part of the issue seems to be (aside from the Devs not exactly being endgame players) is heading up the chain some things get ignored. He was telling me a bit ago that he got into his JP counterpart about GEO/BRD/RDM, and the JP guy was trying to shut him down going "Well, they'd be the same if we changed things so no point" and he went off on him over it. A few days later they announce they're going to look into buffing bard...

Camate is a current endgame player, so he's probably one of the strongest advocates for what NA endgamers complain about in the game. It's still a lot of work for him to get this information correctly transmitted to the devs, as well as quite hit or miss in doing so, but he's done more than copy/translate/paste.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-14 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Nerfing GEO will achieve nothing other than make 95% of endgame impossible. RDM, COR and BRD badly need buffs.
Personally, I think Idris itself needs a bit of nerfing. No other REMA increases your abilities in nearly every capacity by ~30%-50% over the next best option (and in terms of spells with increasing returns, like Frailty and Malaise, Idris is an even bigger increase than that), and it creates too large of a difference between having a well-geared Dunna Geo and a well-geared Idris Geo.

Buffing Dunna to make it closer to Idris would work, too.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-01-14 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw bye Camate, he was cool.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-14 12:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Aw bye Camate, he was cool.
Just a bit awkward on camera lol.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-14 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

May he enjoy his future, unburdened by the ocean of shitposts he once had to wade through.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 13:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Personally, I think Idris itself needs a bit of nerfing. No other REMA increases your abilities in nearly every capacity by ~30%-50% over the next best option (and in terms of spells with increasing returns, like Frailty and Malaise, Idris is an even bigger increase than that), and it creates too large of a difference between having a well-geared Dunna Geo and a well-geared Idris Geo.

As a Dunna-only and retired GEO (I hate bubble-sitting), I don't think Dunna should be buffed. It's powerful enough.

As for no other being such a boost, I think people forget about Bard's Durblahblah. When harp 99 came out, harp 99 was a 33% boost over that (Even if you want to break it down, harp90 was a 50% boost), that doubled a bard's capacity. In a group with 1-2 bards that's huge. I'd mention horn or Aeonic but this should be a 1:1 comparison.

The greatest thing about the NERF GEO thread is that the people there are adamantly pretending that BRD wasn't OP.

Like GEO today, there was a lot of things you didn't do or just didn't wanna do if you couldn't get a bard.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-14 14:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »

As a Dunna-only and retired GEO (I hate bubble-sitting), I don't think Dunna should be buffed.

As for no other being such a boost, I think people forget about Bard's Durblahblah. When harp 99 came out, that doubled a bard's capacity. In a group with 1-2 bards that's huge. I'd mention horn or Aeonic but this should be a 1:1 comparison.

The greatest thing about the NERF GEO thread is that the people there are adamantly pretending that BRD wasn't OP.

Like GEO today, there was a lot of things you didn't do or just didn't wanna do if you couldn't get a bard.
Yes, but that was a different game back then, when REMA weapons absolutely slaughtered the next best non-REMA options (and even then, that didn't double a Bard's ability, as you can't just play your two best songs twice).

That's not the game we're in today, where non-REMA alternatives are generally fairly close to REMA weapons, other than Idris and Epeolatry (for physical tanking).
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 14:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quantifying the gain of Relic/Empy instruments is fairly easy and both are worth more than you're giving them credit for. I think Bard's RME* are fine and stellar weapons. The problems it has is that, like you say, this is a different game and Bard is essentially unchanged.

The step up that RME&E provides is bigger for BRD, PLD, GEO and RUN than it is for most other jobs. Although nothing compares to quality-of-life of yagrush.

* Left Aeonic off that list because that spell should have been part of JP.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to Enfeebling Magic the fix is quite simple.

RDM gets Magic Accuracy Bonus VI as a job trait. It comes to a total of +90 magic accuracy at Lv95. It's absolute *** that BLU is the only job to get that job trait.

RDM also gets a new Enhancing Magic spell, that can be cast on party members. Can also be cast on itself.

Intension
Increases magic accuracy for target party member.
Effect scales with Enhancing Magic Skill and caps at +75 magic accuracy. It mirrors a Dunna GEO using Indi-Focus at 900 skill.

This gives a RDM +165 magic accuracy with its trait and with Intension, it can now also provide more effective mage support.

That would fix the acc, but it doesn't stop the low proc rate of enfeebles like para/blind. The fact that slow does nothing to change the outcome of a fight because the tp/AoE spam of nm's, or how weak dia3/bio3 are. Addle decreases m.acc, but the stats on most relevant content nm's are too high for addle to make much of a difference, maybe if it lowered MaB as well, but as it stands almost none of rdm enfeebles are worth their weight outside frazzle/distract/inundation.

Nobody is taking a rdm for frazzle/distract when they can just take a geo instead. (Especially with rdm m.acc issues as it stands, but you addressed that) As for inundation, well nobody really knows how to skillchain much anymore anyway they just spam ws and hope for things to die.

If a cor/rdm can get a stronger dia than a merited rdm, there is a problem.

Right now rdm best role is a surprisingly underestimated dd savage blade spammer with aeonic. But savage blade sc properties blow in comparison to cdc, the good part is the amount of dmg that savage blade puts out on rdm, even in high end content.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-14 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorva said:
As for inundation, well nobody really knows how to skillchain much anymore anyway they just spam ws and hope for things to die.

I think most people worth a damn do, in fact, know how to skillchain.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 16:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Thorva said:
As for inundation, well nobody really knows how to skillchain much anymore anyway they just spam ws and hope for things to die.

Knowing how to sc, and actually doing more than spamming highest dmg ws are 2 completely different things. You took what I said out of context, so let me rephrase it.

Since very little people focus on sc dmg, inundation is devalued. The majority of fights are done with only 1-2 different weapon types spamming the same weapon skill over and over for incidental sc, this minimizes the potential of inundation.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-01-14 16:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Thorva said:

I was in a job point party earlier as COR, with a RNG and a BLU, and we were doing Trueflight -> Chant du Cygne -> Leaden Salute -> Wildfire, with magic bursts going off during it, except for the fact that it usually died immediately after, or from, the Leaden Salute.

People are just lazy and don't want to coordinate or cooperate.

The other problem is, with TP gain as high as it is, it's entirely possible to arrive at a situation where it's a loss of DPS to have more than one or two people chaining. I can clear Hurkan WKR in ~5 minutes or less (with trusts) on Dancer, because I can do back to back to back to back five step self double darkness skillchains. If ANYONE shows up, it basically goes from a 5 minute or less thing to a 15/+ thing, because even if they're not WSing, trusts are probably interrupting my WSes.

Now, I'm not saying that no one else should ever WS when I'm doing Hurkan because I are teh bestest, but it's just the easiest example I can think of right now. Especially with WSes whose damage doesn't scale up with TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 201 202 203