Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 17:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Thorva said:
As for inundation, well nobody really knows how to skillchain much anymore anyway they just spam ws and hope for things to die.

I think most people worth a damn do, in fact, know how to skillchain.

I was in a job point party earlier as COR, with a RNG and a BLU, and we were doing Trueflight -> Chant du Cygne -> Leaden Salute -> Wildfire, with magic bursts going off during it, except for the fact that it usually died immediately after, or from, the Leaden Salute.

People are just lazy and don't want to coordinate or cooperate.

The other problem is, with TP gain as high as it is, it's entirely possible to arrive at a situation where it's a loss of DPS to have more than one or two people chaining. I can clear Hurkan WKR in ~5 minutes or less (with trusts) on Dancer, because I can do back to back to back to back five step self double darkness skillchains. If ANYONE shows up, it basically goes from a 5 minute or less thing to a 15/+ thing, because even if they're not WSing, trusts are probably interrupting my WSes.

Now, I'm not saying that no one else should ever WS when I'm doing Hurkan because I are teh bestest, but it's just the easiest example I can think of right now. Especially with WSes whose damage doesn't scale up with TP.

I think the only time people focus on melee sc is during apex, other than that inundation really has very minimal value. Which is the cause of the topic about rdm being adjusted. The lack of value from enfeebles, inundation included. Don't get me wrong, I cast it, but it isn't something you need like a geo is.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-14 17:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains are very useful on Glassy Gorger, Glassy Craver, Fu, Kyou, and Gin (if you're careful).
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 18:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Skillchains are very useful on Glassy Gorger, Glassy Craver, Fu, Kyou, and Gin (if you're careful).

I agree, my group typically goes tank, drk, rdm, geo, brd, whm. Some nm's I will spam cdc to force sc with drk using torc. (or cor using last stand if we bring a cor, we are looking into what nm's we can do without a tank so far only tried 1 of the 5) other nm's we use savage/reso to prevent sc. I also cast inundation at all times on nm's, no point not to for that added bonus for the time of the cast.

My only reason for bringing up the inundation portion was to strictly show that inundation does very little to get rdm an invite, people are like water, go the path of least resistance. Most of the time that just means blu and cdc spam. Which is fine, but it pushes out people that want to play other jobs.

If rdm had a niche like geo, that would be powerful enough to make rdm desirable in some way, that would help. I am hoping that the enhance/enfeeble adjustment does that for rdm.

Just please SE, don't make it OP, I am not a fan of bandwagon/OP jobs, even the jobs I like I can't stand when they are OP/bandwagon. (might be the reason I stopped playing drk so much)
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 18:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from Omen content, SCs just don't feel worth seeking out. Absolutely, yes, use compatible powerful WS's when you can but..

You just don't bring mixed groups anymore, outside of Apex, because relevant content requires leveraging your efforts toward one side or the other and it's so favorable to do that.

You drop malaise and languor and let the SCH do its thing. When the sch runs out of strats, she TR's, flies with that, and then has strats again, and that's just a lot simpler to say than Random Deal, SCH's Revitalizer, Cor's Randon Deal, on top of TR, Wild Card. In place of a corsair, you can bring two scholars and go forever.

The most absolutely broken thing about Scholar Skillchains is they can't "miss". As long as Immanence fires, and the spells go off, a skillchain is made. Because it's one person, timing is also never an issue.

The point is you don't frequently drop malaise and torpor or frailty. It's one or the other.

But the people that know what they're talking about know all of these things.

Thorva summed up RDM in his previous post in a valid way that can be boiled down to RDM makes a great support for the support! Addle stacks with Vex/Attune, Inundation stacks with Allies' roll. Light Shot Dia III is even better. But on its own it can't really do anything unique and what it can do, like bard, is king of level 75.

Asura.Thorva said: »
That would fix the acc, but it doesn't stop the low proc rate of enfeebles like para/blind. The fact that slow does nothing to change the outcome of a fight because the tp/AoE spam of nm's, or how weak dia3/bio3 are. Addle decreases m.acc, but the stats on most relevant content nm's are too high for addle to make much of a difference, maybe if it lowered MaB as well, but as it stands almost none of rdm enfeebles are worth their weight outside frazzle/distract/inundation.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 18:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
RDM makes a great support for the support! Addle stacks with Vex/Attune, Inundation stacks with Allies' roll. Light Shot Dia III is even better. But on its own it can't really do anything unique and what it can do, like bard, is king of level 75.

That was a much better way to state it than I did. Thank you.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I was in a job point party earlier as COR, with a RNG and a BLU, and we were doing Trueflight -> Chant du Cygne -> Leaden Salute -> Wildfire, with magic bursts going off during it, except for the fact that it usually died immediately after, or from, the Leaden Salute.

People are just lazy and don't want to coordinate or cooperate.

You nailed it--for apex. I'll confess to being very lazy in apex parties. Great for you that you had compatible powerful WS and skillchains to step like that but a lot of jobs don't.

Why go through all that trouble 200 times in a row, ('ad nau·se·am' fits so well here) when you can find two compatible DD, do a simple three-step and kill it every single, especially if the second person waits just a second longer than right away so that even with unfortunate luck on tp rate, you can still come back and close the SC.

I love strategy when it matters. I want to gouge my eyes out during apex.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-14 20:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveraging RDM's Inundation is how we kill Kei. SCH does Fusion, RNG does TF to make light and if there is someone who can burst they do so. The SCH's SC counts as one WS type, the RNG's TF counts as another so the total bonus for the end is 40%. Basically it's nonstop 88~99K Lights and it just melts.

Other Omen NM's tend to be very picky about SC's because of healing mechanics so it's often best to use WS's that don't SC with each other on them.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On the offchance that the mysterious person known as Camate ever reads this..

You should host an AMA on Reddit, or FFXIAH and answer things that wouldn't violate your probably Non-Disclosure Agreement, under an anonymous account.

I'd be ecstatic for honest answers.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-14 23:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You should host an AMA on Reddit, or FFXIAH and answer things that wouldn't violate your probably Non-Disclosure Agreement, under an anonymous account.

He'll read this thread. But he's very busy, so don't expect anything of the sort for a couple weeks.

Edit: He says regardless they'll know it's him, but he'll consider it.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-15 00:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant anonymous account to protect his identity from the general playerbase.

I wouldn't encourage anything to get him in trouble with SE.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-15 06:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering what Ghostcrawler (important ex-Blizzard DEV, now works on League of Legends) has been able to say on his twitter and facebook accounts, I'm sure Camate could do the same if he really wants to.

Altough it's not so unlikey to assume the NDA of japanese companies like SE is probably stricter than that of Blizzard...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-15 06:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Considering what Ghostcrawler (important ex-Blizzard DEV, now works on League of Legends) has been able to say on his twitter and facebook accounts, I'm sure Camate could do the same if he really wants to.

Altough it's not so unlikey to assume the NDA of japanese companies like SE is probably stricter than that of Blizzard...

Blizzard is a pretty unique company, so I'm really not sure if their policies can be applied to other ones, especially as you say a Japanese one.
[+]
By Calinar 2017-01-18 12:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sicycre;590959 said:
Hello, everyone.

There has been a lot of comments about Glassy Thinker’s Pain Sync ability, and I would like to share the development team’s plan for adjustments.

Restricting the back-to-back usage
Adjustments will be made so that after using Pain Sync, the monster will use not use this ability again, and instead will use a different ability. This is a guarantee, so you’ll be able to {Full attack!} right after Pain Sync for a bit. Additionally, we’ll be revamping the usage rate of all of its abilities, and the frequency it uses Winds of Promyvion will increase.

Reduction of the damage reflected
Currently, 100% of the damage inflicted is reflected back onto players, but we will be making adjustments so that it is only about 40%.

Reduction in the frequency of ability usage
Once a monster has reached a certain HP, the frequency that they use abilities will increase; however, we will be lowering the HP value in which this begins to take place. Additionally, we are planning to make adjustments to the Regain effect values.

In addition to the above adjustments, we will also be looking into reducing the maximum HP of Glassy Thinker.

We’ll keep you updated on the status of these adjustments as we hear more from the development team!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one of those changes would have been more than sufficient. With all of them, it's completely trivial to any group.
By Calinar 2017-01-18 13:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Any one of those changes would have been more than sufficient. With all of them, it's completely trivial to any group.

It's a midboss, should it not be completely trivial?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 13:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It was already pretty easy to any group even remotely close to organized. I don't see why it was such a problem to have a possible challenge prior to the endboss.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-18 13:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Even as a person who solos and isn't killing the glassy NMs right now, I'm offended by this weakening of content this early in its lifespan.
By Calinar 2017-01-18 13:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a -LOT- of bad players. Melee groups really got excessively punished by pain sync. I agree that all those adjustments is overkill, any singular one was good enough. But the point still stands.

It'd be like T3 Delves having AOE party wipes. "Hard" for no reason. Midbosses aren't supposed to be challenging at all.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-18 14:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I welcome the change I fing hate thinker. Who cares anyhow Omen is on farm status like everything in ffxi now and fairly easy for any static group once they figure out mechanics for their group. Not having those random wtf wipes will be nice. You cant 100% of the time turn perfectly due to server lag, plus therea re like 16 DD melee jobs in the game, will be nice to be able to use them all lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-18 14:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still possible to floor your group with an unlucky round of crits because of packet delay. I think the only required change would be to start the damage aggregation 1 second after the move begins to ready to allow for some leeway.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-01-18 14:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Zhronne has essentially nailed it on the head in terms of the explanation for why both Sindri and Shigi have a lower “Accuracy skill” rating than other Oboro weapons.

If you look at Sindri’s “Accuracy +” stat, combining what is on the weapon in addition to the maximum that can be added through augmenting, it is a total of +77. Likewise, Shigi has a total of +77 as well.
Compared to other Oboro weapons, these have the highest amount of “Accuracy +” which allows them to function very well in the off-hand.

Hopefully this helps explain the difference!
By Calinar 2017-01-19 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

EL OH *** EL

Sicycre;591030 said:
Hello, everyone!

I have some additional information about adjustments to Omen.

When your aim for your Omen run is only to acquire job cards, the mid-boss can be a wall that certain parties cannot overcome, and we are aware of the hurdle that this has become. In order to alleviate this, we will be adding a new route option where there will be no mid-boss or final boss. This route can be selected when you go to warp to the third area.

This new route will yield the same amount of job cards as if you cleared all the way through the final boss. With this new route, you’ll now be able to customize to your objective more easily by selecting either a job card farming route or one where you can encounter the mid-boss and final boss.

We'll keep you updated on progress and when this will be implemented.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-19 12:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn, maybe someone just complained that they wanted to wear hands on their feet, and it really IS ok....SE giving out lollipops and sunshine.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 16:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE has realized that different groups target different things and a setup designed to beat a boss may not be the best when your goal is to card farm. Also it's obvious they want cards to be the primary barrier to getting the AF +3, so they are just enabling and recognizing that as a possible primary goal instead of boss drops.

And yeah Thinker was just bad programming. Great idea but they didn't think it through, the NM was just a giant waste of time and even super elite groups could get *unlucky* with lag + PS spam.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckily we didn't run into the issue of not being able to clear a boss with the jobs we also want cards on, but it's a nice adjustment for people that need it and especially for low man groups. Can farm cards by yourself or with a friend and still get as much cards as full groups clearing bosses.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 17:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Luckily we didn't run into the issue of not being able to clear a boss with the jobs we also want cards on, but it's a nice adjustment for people that need it and especially for low man groups. Can farm cards by yourself or with a friend and still get as much cards as full groups clearing bosses.

Yeah we mostly switch jobs up internally and because we cycle between all the different NM's everyone gets a chance to get cards on their desired job. I can see other groups, especially people who have to use pugs, struggling with that though. So yeah grab a few friends and whack mobs to get some cards every now and then.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-19 17:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I think is funny is that despite how incessantly lame Pain Sync is, many of us learned how to deal with it inside and out. Aside from the occasional mistakes, I haven't seen a wipe to PS in a while.

It's just not that hard to turn and avoid (or negate altogether using other methods).

If people want to cry and whine about something, how about increase the frequency in which we are able to access a treasure floor. Oh, and seeing a body drop once every 1000 runs isn't reasonable either.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 17:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
It's just not that hard to turn and avoid (or negate altogether using other methods).

The best of us still get hit with random lag spikes or when he decides to do it 5 times in a row even after burying him in debuffs. It's just a cheap mechanic that could of been better implemented (timed, or only does if under a certain number of debuffs / ect..).

Asura.Avallon said: »
Oh, and seeing a body drop once every 1000 runs isn't reasonable either.

Oh Jesus god yes, bodies are way to damn rare to be realistic. Double scales are far too common, especially as there is nothing you can do with the second scale. They should of at least had an option to trade in the scale and get like 3 cards of a job that the scale is for.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-19 17:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm sorry but sometimes you just get owned and even a few melees multi-attacks, while trying to turn, can be enough to kill them I'm sure. I've seen it bring them close.

Now all SE needs to do regarding Omen KI is make this like Traverser stones, or at least Coalition Imprims (same premise, cap on number--and don't say "2"). It's just silly that you have to log in every day to get the KI (we tend to go every day but mostly because that way if someone misses, we're not sitting on a KI).

What they should do is the above and also reduce the cooldown. I'm sorry, there's certain people I wouldn't have taken and now can't take because I lead a static and will basically never have a spare KI.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 201 202 203