Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 201 202 203
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-10-27 07:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

man when matsui finds out that Satoshi and Junichi *** up and gave us a good campaign heads will roll
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
Server: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-10-27 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol ^
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 08:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I might get off my arse and learn the BLU WKR spells since they will all be dying in a minute.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-27 08:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh I'm also conflicted about what to do. I need to master RUN but I could use the time instead on farming stones in HTBF and/or WKR for HPB for my future Ergon.

I'm happy about the good campaigns but this is the irritating part about it. Once every 3 months they have all the good campaigns rolled into one and the other times it's crap. They need to spread the good ones out. HTBF should be more frequent so people don't have to choose between making their RME weapons or getting the 10k stones they'll need to make their future weapons great again.

The Dynamis campaign is new? Interesting but they should add something else. Like increase the occurrence of white procs in dream zones or something.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 09:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the Dynamis campaign is a bit meh, you'll save about 15-20 minutes, maybe less, it's been quite a while since I farmed Dynamis. It will definitely help anyone doing Beaucedine, that zone is a trek to get all the TEs
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-27 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Yeah the Dynamis campaign is a bit meh, you'll save about 15-20 minutes, maybe less, it's been quite a while since I farmed Dynamis. It will definitely help anyone doing Beaucedine, that zone is a trek to get all the TEs
Honestly no point in farming Dynamis currency unless there's literally no supply. It'd be faster and more efficient to farm battlefields and sell the two of the upgrade materials you do not need to buy currency.
By Bamboom 2016-10-27 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm for the special dial key campaign it doesn't say equip chances are boosted, should we save keys?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 11:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Honestly no point in farming Dynamis currency unless there's literally no supply. It'd be faster and more efficient to farm battlefields and sell the two of the upgrade materials you do not need to buy currency.
How much does currency even go for these days? Wonder if I could just buy a relic if I was bored.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-27 12:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

300k byne/shell 400k opeices. 70m~ give or take for a relic right now, and you can get that number down greatly by bazzar hunting. It not uncommon to find 250k/300k on the above but will take a long while to do. but that drops them to like 50mil.

After that you have marrows 5m, and plutons 100-120m. so regardless you route 200m is normally enough to finish one from scratch.

I hate SE putting 3 events I have been desperately waiting for all in the same month like always. I want to cap 4 jobs cp, but doing so means no gil, but I also want to farm 100mil this coming month.... decisions!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-10-27 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Hmm for the special dial key campaign it doesn't say equip chances are boosted, should we save keys?
Yeah, Dev Tracker on BG Forum (pg 39) says all the key campaigns (SP Key & Abj Key) don't boost equipment drops, while extra dial campaigns do (Wanted Dial & Adoulin Dial).

edited: page number
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-27 13:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Keys always have boosted chance for equipment, at all times.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-27 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming extremely "weird" opinion:

I feel like these campaigns decrease the replay value of the game and just make you run out of things to do faster.

I don't really appreciate how they're designed.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-27 15:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonsense. It's even common opinion that some of those should actually be permanent cause certain things just aren't worth wasting time with when there isn't a campaign...
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-27 16:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Incoming extremely "weird" opinion:

I feel like these campaigns decrease the replay value of the game and just make you run out of things to do faster.

I don't really appreciate how they're designed.

This has become a mantra of mine, but these campaigns basically act as admissions of guilt, knowing the rewards from that content is in high demand and not wanting to spend the time necessary to make it accessible/relevant again on a permanent basis.

Using campaign conditions permanently would make things way too easy, I agree with you there, but a middle ground of some sort would be enough to get people back to that content. It's not a laborious task requiring a large team, so I wonder why the dev team chose to go the campaign vomit route instead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-10-27 16:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that so much of the game runs in cycles now. If you're not interested in the current cycle, there's a lot less reason to play. The duration of the cycles also creates fatigue, as it encourages players to spam a very limited amount of content as much as possible within a limited timeframe. Most of the campaigns worth repeating are also pretty mindless (VW, WKR, HTBF, etc), so it leads to spending more time on unengaging content -> players get bored and don't want to play as much.

There are a few campaigns that they should arguably just leave on permanently at this point (EXP/CP and trusts), but use of a monthly rotation system (referring to both campaigns and Ambuscade here) as a long-term content delivery method is a broken and arguably detrimental system.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-27 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The only campaign I ever care about is dark matter :(

Personally I see cp campaign more like a bonus. The cp rate without campaign isn't worse than lving a job to 75 at 75 era, it's just that because people know cp campaign exists, they tend to refuse to cp without campaign. More importantly most groups will refuse a job joining pt without at least 1200, in some cases 2100 even. So it created a scenario of "you can't do event without cp, you can't cp without campaign, nothing to do"

That being said, A LOT of people that I know of has quit in past 6 months, after getting multiple jobs 2100, finished multiple REMA, there isn't much else to work on.

With full time CP campaign going we'll just see people cycle through "cp a job to 2100 > grind gil for REM > spam aeonic weapon NMs > repeat the cycle for next job > got bored and quit" faster.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-27 17:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
The problem is that so much of the game runs in cycles now. If you're not interested in the current cycle, there's a lot less reason to play. The duration of the cycles also creates fatigue, as it encourages players to spam a very limited amount of content as much as possible within a limited timeframe. Most of the campaigns worth repeating are also pretty mindless (VW, WKR, HTBF, etc), so it leads to spending more time on unengaging content -> players get bored and don't want to play as much.

More of an issue of lack of challenging content IMO. There's just so much you can do with escha, you either finish aeonic every 2 weeks and run out of stuff to do, or don't have a group and unable to progress after certain points. Without things to do in Escha people just grind 1 job after next from campaign. Without campaign to help people grind faster people refuse to grind, thus feeling like not having anything to do.

I wish content like Master trials could at least offer better reward and incentives to keep playing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-10-27 17:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cycling content on a monthly basis limits your ability to create meaningfully challenging content, because it often takes more than a month for viable strats to permeate down to the average player and then they have to farm said content afterwards. The two problems are interrelated. Master Trials gets around this somewhat since the old variations are still available, but they seem content to leave us with cosmetics there and that's only one event.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-27 17:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

cosmetics
Awful ones at that too...those weapons look terrible <_<
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-27 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
cosmetics
Awful ones at that too...those weapons look terrible <_<

They shoulda give us a laser gun instead! Would totally sell my body to get that.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-27 18:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.
I don't like when the devs/game are telling me "GO DO THIS CONTENT NOW!!!!!". I like being able to do things when I damn well want to and feel like doing it.

I'm glad more people agree with my opinion, I am very surprised they do though.

edit: It basically goes against the entire purpose of a monthly sub MMO. If you're telling people "don't play during x time and only resub and play during y time" you're kinda royally screwing yourself out of potential money.

You're also allowing people to finish their goals and have nothing left to do quicker, as mentioned by Afania, which means you're going to get less sub money.

Honestly, these campaigns are designed in a lose/lose situation for the developers AND the players. I don't understand why they're designed as they currently are, but they're extremely flawed.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-27 18:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The content cycle system does suck. Spamming an event sucks, some events still kinda suck even during the event (Riftcinder farming sucks unless you have mules.)

The only credit I'll give them is that the Ambuscade point system is basically the nicest thing SE's ever done (especially, adding Gallantry, and not just making that temporary to cover the problems from the first month).

If only Ambuscade could be more than the most terrible content I've ever seen. Fight is fun once, five times. At the fifteenth, it just gets so bland.

Except for the lag that makes multi mob positining, all of the Normals are probably "maccroable". Frog would be and gigas may have been.

It might be a different beast if they'd add a battle each month rather than merely replacing it but once people have an Intense on farm, the rest don't matter (IE, I might hate frog/gigas spam, but I'd do that before I'd ever go back to dragon/robots/gnole/etc).

There are so many avenues to improve the experience but they need us occupied by filler content, so expect no changes.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-10-27 19:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This endgame grind has always been repetitive.

Nothing's really changed. Ambuscade is just a miniature version of the same grind process run on a time-limited schedule.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-27 19:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day MMO's didn't have the "I ran out of things to do and have nothing to do" problem. Why do they have that now?
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2016-10-27 19:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Natural attrition (both from players, revenus, and staff), I guess
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-27 19:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
This endgame grind has always been repetitive.

Nothing's really changed. Ambuscade is just a miniature version of the same grind process run on a time-limited schedule.

No, for two reasons.

1.) New content has almost always more than one/two fights to do. I say almost because I wasn't around for the very beginning of the game, so can't say what was or wasn't there at 50 cap. At 75, 99, and even Adoulin, content was added to the era, not directly replaced.

2.) There is a time limit to do it, not just encouraging but demanding repetitititition.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-27 19:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Temp content is the bane of any MMO players existence and does more harm than good for the game as a whole.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-28 02:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Back in the day MMO's didn't have the "I ran out of things to do and have nothing to do" problem. Why do they have that now?
Because the standards were different.
Most games were punishing and "trained" players to suffer through endless trials, grind and unaccessible content that you were dreaming one day you could finally participate into.
The whole MMO concept was fresh and new and even just being able to hang around doing almost nothing if not levelling up and chatting felt entertaining.

Levelling up itself was a long and excruciating grind more often than not.

Devs amd the game were harsher and as a result content lasted way longer than it does nowadays. Gratification wasn't instant, people expected to have a load of free time before even logging or they wouldn't even bothered to, knowing they wouldn't have been able to accomplish anything.
There was hardly any convenience or QoL from devs to players and blah blah blah.

We all know how it works nowadays. Different pros, different cons. It would be unrealistical to think things could change now, it just wouldn't work anymore. All MMO players have been spoiled and standards have changed. It's a threshold that once overstepped, you can't go back any longer.
By Afania 2016-10-28 03:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

H2h, smite, and smn buff confirmed.

Time to regear your MNKs.....
[+]
By Chyula 2016-10-28 03:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

too bad it'll still be blu or nothing party shout.
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 201 202 203