Now I wonder if the h2h buff will affect Flaming Crush as well :o
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-28 04:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
too bad it'll still be blu or nothing party shout.
A good 2handed DD can destroy a BLU; with the right buffs of course. Ragnarok Ukon Ryunohige Masa Koga Lib can put all these bandwagon BLUs to shame.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-28 04:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw. I wanted to do a full MNK DD Aeonic clear for the luls before they got a buff. ;;
By Justuas 2016-10-28 04:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They're making mnk great again?
[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-10-28 04:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

NVM on SAM adjustments... I'm happy for MNKs around the world..^_^
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-28 05:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossposting but... wasn't H2H white damage kinda alright-ish?
The big problem was rather in the WS damage, and current game meta greatly favors WS damage over white damage.

Even boosting Smite (if it's just attack %) won't make a huge difference because once you're att capped... well you're att capped, period.

I dunno, any sort of change to h2h if obviously welcome but I was hoping for H2H WS adjustments more than anything else =/
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-10-28 05:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I KNOW that I didn't just see they're doing another Return Home campaign during Double CP/EXP event again!

-.-
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-28 06:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Players sometimes miss the idea of progression and quality of life that they need to undergo.

When the game first started, it was exceptionally hard to get around everything and grind your way up, many cultural aspects played a major role in the establishment of this content over the years.

Dev team resorted to (faster/more acceptable) grind events (that keeps the basic concept of any MMO) because the player base got older and the amount of "fresh" player base is almost none existent.

Some might think this is the "downfall" of the game but others look at it from a different enjoyable/ more organized and time sensitive experience.

Ambuscade is one of these easy grinds that get the job done in terms of long progression and also enabled even returning players to enjoy all content once again with the introduction of gear and gil, it even allowed other jobs to shine in certain situations and compete with whats considered "static strats".

Wither we all agree or not on the efforts of DEV team, Im glad they started to realize the importance of time to player base.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-28 07:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51567

Looks like mnk is getting a boost along with smn. Good to hear. Also, Smite job trait is getting boosted. Love for 2 handers.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-10-28 07:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Crossposting but... wasn't H2H white damage kinda alright-ish?
The big problem was rather in the WS damage, and current game meta greatly favors WS damage over white damage.

Even boosting Smite (if it's just attack %) won't make a huge difference because once you're att capped... well you're att capped, period.

I dunno, any sort of change to h2h if obviously welcome but I was hoping for H2H WS adjustments more than anything else =/

I read it as they're changing the H2H base damage calculation, which would boost WS damage and white damage. I still don't hold out any hope that I'll need to afterglow my Spharai anytime soon, though.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-28 07:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't godhands be better than Spharai anyway? You can just use those

And yeah I know what you mean about base damage obviously affecting both, but the impact on ws alone from that might not be enough, unless they exxagerate as usual and turn mnk into the next bandwagon job but I'm somewhat skeptic about that...
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-10-28 07:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't godhands be better than Spharai anyway? You can just use those

You wildly overestimate my accomplishments, sir

And yeah I know what you mean about base damage obviously affecting both, but the impact on ws alone from that might not be enough, unless they exxagerate as usual and turn mnk into the next bandwagon job but I'm somewhat skeptic about that...

My actual prediction is that PUPs come out of this on top. MNK will get a boost to make them competitive but not over the top, whereas a high-end PUP is already competitive, and this will just inch them farther along.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-28 07:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good that they've noticed MNK, it's in the worst position out of any job atm. Indirectly affects PUP too but you don't really look at it for the master's damage. A large boost in H2H base dmg could be pretty scary, though not sure how far it'll go without a change to some H2H WSs unless they plan to focus on white dmg.

Depending on what they do with Smite, DRK and WAR (does DRG get Smite?) could be pretty disgusting. SMN buffs are a bit strange since it's already a pretty powerful and almost riskless DD, but I guess we'll see what happens.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-10-28 07:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Depending on what they do with Smite, DRK and WAR (does DRG get Smite?) could be pretty disgusting. SMN buffs are a bit strange since it's already a pretty powerful and almost riskless DD, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Yeah, Smite II (7.3% currently).

I actually am more interested in the Smite changes. DRK in particular, as they can already stack mountains of attack. Would love to see it get some accuracy, though I suspect that's not what they have in mind.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-28 07:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also just noticed something even more interesting to me:

November
Mog Garden
・Adjust the growth system

hope this means they might adjust the ridiculousness of Furrows.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-10-28 09:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Good that they've noticed MNK, it's in the worst position out of any job atm. Indirectly affects PUP too but you don't really look at it for the master's damage. A large boost in H2H base dmg could be pretty scary, though not sure how far it'll go without a change to some H2H WSs unless they plan to focus on white dmg.

I don't want to be that guy, but we should consider the possibility of smn getting nerfed this time. I'm thinking about how flaming crush would become too stronk with the incoming h2h changes, so they might tweak the formula a bit to compensate that.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-28 09:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they ever allow BPs to hit their previously stated 20 second recast? Last I remember, they were capped at 22 seconds regardless of gear quality. Entirely possible that they're finally fixing that.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-28 09:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »

I don't want to be that guy, but we should consider the possibility of smn getting nerfed this time. I'm thinking about how flaming crush would become too stronk with the incoming h2h changes, so they might tweak the formula a bit to compensate that.

Nerf SMN. Right. The one job that's not been bandwagoned and has remained quietly used here and there for end game but whose potential is only maximized by having a COR and GEO.

This is where I politely extend you the middle finger.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-28 09:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-10-28 10:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf SMN. Right. The one job that's not been bandwagoned and has remained quietly used here and there for end game but whose potential is only maximized by having a COR and GEO.

Did you care to read what i wrote before pulling ur finger out of your...glove?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-28 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Did they ever allow BPs to hit their previously stated 20 second recast? Last I remember, they were capped at 22 seconds regardless of gear quality. Entirely possible that they're finally fixing that.
I'm hoping it's either that, or they're fixing the BP timer so it doesn't occassionally end up at 35+ seconds instead of 22 like it's supposed to be (let alone 20, but I'd settle for a reliable 22).
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-28 10:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hand-to-Hand buff, pretty much what I expected.

Smite buff is interesting though, since MNK and PUP both have the trait. Could be a serious buff to those two jobs. Be nice to have Mantra again, +30% HP to everyone is seriously useful.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-28 10:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course I read what you posted, and in all honesty, I'm not trying to be rude to you. What I don't understand, though, is how people can frivolously suggest nerfs for SMN based on nonsensical forecasts on the strengths of how Flaming Crush will react to upcoming changes.

I honestly don't think people understand the asinine amount of effort and resources that go into SMN's gear before they can even output respectable BP damage - especially for high-tier end game content. If we're closing a skillchain with Flaming Crush for capped damage, in most (if not all) cases, it's due to the SMN's gear, having COR and/or GEO buffs or all of the above.

Right now SMN isn't in a good place to bust out serious DPS on it's own without the aid of other support jobs. I wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is. There are plenty of monster weakness to exploit and superior gear can still offer capped damage or burst damage, but at the end of the day for high-tier end game, you aren't seeing people shouting for SMN in /yell (as of yet).

I can't possibly fathom why this job should be altered, changed, tweaked or otherwise messed with in any way shape or form (unless it were positive changes).
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-28 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He literally posted about the possibility of a nerf. In absolutely no way did he suggest one.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-28 10:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
He literally posted about the possibility of a nerf. In absolutely no way did he suggest one.

"we should consider the possibility of smn getting nerfed this time" is what he said.

I'm not going to argue about it further.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-10-28 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course I read what you posted, and in all honesty, I'm not trying to be rude to you. What I don't understand, though, is how people can frivolously suggest nerfs for SMN based on nonsensical forecasts on the strengths of how Flaming Crush will react to upcoming changes.

I honestly don't think people understand the asinine amount of effort and resources that go into SMN's gear before they can even output respectable BP damage - especially for high-tier end game content. If we're closing a skillchain with Flaming Crush for capped damage, in most (if not all) cases, it's due to the SMN's gear, having COR and/or GEO buffs or all of the above.

Right now SMN isn't in a good place to bust out serious DPS on it's own without the aid of other support jobs. I wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is. There are plenty of monster weakness to exploit and superior gear can still offer capped damage or burst damage, but at the end of the day for high-tier end game, you aren't seeing people shouting for SMN in /yell (as of yet).

I can't possibly fathom why this job should be altered, changed, tweaked or otherwise messed with in any way shape or form (unless it were positive changes).
Ok, let me rephrase it, as i suspect you did misunderstand me after all.
I did not suggest that smn deserves a nerf, only that, since it is my understanding that flaming crush's physical part is treated as h2h, with the upcoming buff for h2h damage, they might tweak the formula down to keep its numbers closer to what they are now. It's only pure speculation, not different from half(more?) of the latest posts in the thread. No reason to get your feelings hurt, i wish your job all the best things in the world from now till the servers (may that never happen, lord) shut.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-28 10:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, let me rephrase it, as i suspect you did misunderstand me after all.
I did not suggest that smn deserves a nerf, only that, since it is my understanding that flaming crush's physical part is treated as h2h, with the upcoming buff for h2h damage, they might tweak the formula down to keep its numbers closer to what they are now. It's only pure speculation, not different from half(more?) of the latest posts in the thread. No reason to get your feelings hurt, i wish your job all the best things in the world from now till the servers (may that never happen, lord) shut.

Okay, we'll chalk it up to a misunderstanding then on how I perceived what you wrote. I interpreted what you said at face value and thought you were suggesting a nerf.

It's not so much about hurt feelings. I didn't build my SMN up to where it is with delusions of grandeur. I know it's not widely shouted for or used all the time for end game. Frankly, it's sometimes a struggle to get to come to events on SMN, but I don't get bent out of shape about it.

That is precisely why the mere thought of nerfing a job that doesn't get much time in the lime light as it is struck a nerve. But obviously what you wrote and what I read was a misunderstanding.

No harm done.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-10-28 10:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ve got a couple of job adjustments on top, included some adjustments to summoner blood pacts, and a review of the hand-to-hand weapon damage calculation formula. These changes include an increase to physical blood pact attribute caps and increase maximum hand-to-hand damage, providing further strengths to damage-dealing capabilities. We’ve also got several adjustments to the Smite job trait.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-28 10:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Quote:
We’ve got a couple of job adjustments on top, included some adjustments to summoner blood pacts, and a review of the hand-to-hand weapon damage calculation formula. These changes include an increase to physical blood pact attribute caps and increase maximum hand-to-hand damage, providing further strengths to damage-dealing capabilities. We’ve also got several adjustments to the Smite job trait.

Yep, which rolls back to my misunderstanding with Xijaah and why I initially thought he was suggesting nerfing that upcoming change (in whatever capacity it actually turns out to be for us).
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Good changes.
Now fix Scythe, SE
or nerf gsword
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 201 202 203