Game: FFXI
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-06 09:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
Chyula said: »
Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Gating would bring back ls community in a sense.

For example lets say you can only do said event once a day, like limbus/dyna etc..., people would be more inclined to have a static group to participate in rather then random chance of fails and losing out on items due to bad lots.

Removing gating from endgame, in a sense, hurt the ls community. At least imo.

and suck on the leader's *** to get your item, gotta love the old days.
El oh El, cause that is how it always works doesn't it.

Pretty much. Want on that item list, gotta be in the inner circle of friends with someone who is, that way they can put in a good word for you when they discuss drop orders. I've seen so many good items go to people who's only talent was making friends. So many Byakko Haidate, E Body's, W Legs and so forth. And lets not forget the insane amounts of drama that D Ring and Ridil caused, entire shells would break up over someone getting priority.

That is what people want to go back to whenever they mention "hard / difficult" content. They want the metagame to revolve around them forming a small group of close friends, then farming out unwanted drops to lessor members while they rake in the best gear.
That is so adorable that you feel that jaded about something that happend to you from a time long past. Fortunately for others we didn't need to settle with that dumpster quality in linkshells.

Though I can understand why someone such as yourself had to participate with those types to accomplish goals, since from your posts on these forums it is quite transparent how you interact.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-06 09:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Your condescension is palpable but he's the one with sub-par interactions?
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-06 09:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Your condescension is palpable but he's the one with sub-par interactions?
I didn't actually state the quality of his presence in interaction, just what is assumed through the years of it with the community on this site. Good catch though.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-06 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Content in ffxi was never hard, just gated. Kings were t hard they were just hard to claim because it was a once every 3-5day spawn. The fights were easy, drops were rare. That's not good content. Legion was hard until people figured out they can steamroll it with Ragnadrks and stunners. The only truly hard content were AV and PW which were "too hard". Anything even remotely hard grts rebalanced. Odin got hp nerf, legion got hp nerf and weaknesses added, vw got temp items and white procs and voidclusters. Everything is easy in this game, you dont even need an elite group, just people with common sense and decent gear sense. What makes his game hard is the random idiots who are 1-set white mages with 5/5 empy, or stunners/sleepers using 115 baqil staves or sandung mainhand thfs or blus dual wielding bura/anahera, ignoring better options over deceivingly flashy stats. Its chumps like that which bring down alliance or party performance and make content seemingly hard. If you have a solid group with people who know what they're doing, the game is easy. It's not skill, its just experience and common sense. I leveled sch thf and blu from 1-99 in a few days, geared up af/af2/af3 and important specific items for each job within a week and got the hang of playing each within a few days by asking questions on forums, and i get frustrated that i play a job i just learned better than career gimps(people who have played the job for years but dont know the formulas/mechanics/modifiers behind their spells/jas)
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-03-07 01:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Content in ffxi was never hard, just gated. Kings were t hard they were just hard to claim because it was a once every 3-5day spawn. The fights were easy, drops were rare. That's not good content. Legion was hard until people figured out they can steamroll it with Ragnadrks and stunners. The only truly hard content were AV and PW which were "too hard". Anything even remotely hard grts rebalanced. Odin got hp nerf, legion got hp nerf and weaknesses added, vw got temp items and white procs and voidclusters. Everything is easy in this game, you dont even need an elite group, just people with common sense and decent gear sense. What makes his game hard is the random idiots who are 1-set white mages with 5/5 empy, or stunners/sleepers using 115 baqil staves or sandung mainhand thfs or blus dual wielding bura/anahera, ignoring better options over deceivingly flashy stats. Its chumps like that which bring down alliance or party performance and make content seemingly hard. If you have a solid group with people who know what they're doing, the game is easy. It's not skill, its just experience and common sense. I leveled sch thf and blu from 1-99 in a few days, geared up af/af2/af3 and important specific items for each job within a week and got the hang of playing each within a few days by asking questions on forums, and i get frustrated that i play a job i just learned better than career gimps(people who have played the job for years but dont know the formulas/mechanics/modifiers behind their spells/jas)

note to self. blu needs new swords lol
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-07 01:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Usons are superb swords and new augments on Claid make them flashy and powerful. They don't hold up to banana, but they're still very good.

I really have nothing else to contribute aside from stuff for BLU, so carry on.