Link | Quote | Reply

They looked a bit different in tactics, but ya- it's the FF3 design
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-05 09:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the impression this is a delve/incursion hybrid. 3 different entry points with an individual boss.

Sounds like delve 3.0 really. Would be funny if there are 18 NMs added with 15 SU2 augmentable path pieces of armor and 9 accessories outside of all the emyprean 109/119 sets.

Makes me think there will be a 4th zone added later with a 4th MB.
 Ragnarok.Navara
Server: Ragnarok
user: xff8x
By Ragnarok.Navara 2015-03-05 09:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ragnarok.Navara said: »
Lyncath said: »
Also, I find it funny that they're showing off the Rune Fencer Empyrean set when it's easily the worst looking set in-game.

Am I the only one who finds the Geomancer Empyrean set even worse? It just looks so unlike anything that a Geomancer would wear lol
Obviously this guy never played FFIII, FFV, or FF Tactics.

I actually haven't! Totally shocked at this.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-05 10:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
 Fenrir.Arcto
Server: Fenrir
user: Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-03-05 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope stuff finally becomes Rare/Ex or Ex again as far as upgrade items go, but add some sort of reward for going like a KI for a moderate amount of bayld or HP-Bayld crates to induce more into the market.

I hate that everything is so easily obtainable again. I want there to be some sort of a c-block. Maybe that's just me :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-05 10:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony is Su2 gear is....

It costs a god-awful amount of job points to be able to use. The average player, who normally can't get 119 gear from other sources is gonna have a hell of a time getting those 200+ Job points just to wear the damn gear. Add to that the fact that they have to buy it (it'll probably be extremely expensive upon release)....

I just wonder what the hell they were thinking making Su1/2 gear.....wearable with Job Points. Its kind of like a catch-22 for non end game players anyways.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 10:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arcto said: »
I hope stuff finally becomes Rare/Ex or Ex again as far as upgrade items go
No, *** off!
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-05 10:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arcto said: »
I hope stuff finally becomes Rare/Ex or Ex again as far as upgrade items go, but add some sort of reward for going like a KI for a moderate amount of bayld or HP-Bayld crates to induce more into the market.

I hate that everything is so easily obtainable again. I want there to be some sort of a c-block. Maybe that's just me :(

Su1 and Su2 gear you win! Lots of lazy players now that wont get CP so there is your cblock.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-05 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1257]Empyrean Armor Reforging
The March update will allow Empyrean Armor to be reforged to item level 109 and then further to item level 119.

Upgrading these items to item level 119 will require items only obtainable through new battle content added to the March version update.

As with artifact and relic equipment upgrades, the items needed to upgrade Empyrean Armor differ based on the armor's current item level.

Yup.
 Fenrir.Arcto
Server: Fenrir
user: Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-03-05 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just Su1 and Su2 though. If empy is able to be upgraded from items that are sellable and from lolchapters, that's going to be great for people with gil lined pockets, but for the average player, I wish it was KI based or something.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-03-05 10:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It had better be boss coffers dropped directly to your inventory because if the empy upgrade items only drop to a single treasure pool, there is going to be some complaining for sure.

If it is a single treasure pool hopefully there are points/currencies obtained throughout the event that allows you to purchase the items so long as you have the boss KI.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-05 11:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Quote:
•What is Vagary?
Vagary is all-new content that pits Vana’diel’s bravest adventurers against the Xol Triumvirate, with victors receiving hitherto unforeseen spoils and rewards.
Winding passage found in the depths of Outer Ra'Kaznar lead adventurers to confrontations with all three members of the triumvirate: Balamor the Deathborne, Dhokmak the Brash, and Ashrakk the Duskbrood.

•Joining the Fray
Players must meet the following requirements in order to participate.

•Have the FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin expansion installed.

•Have registered the Seekers of Adoulin expansion content.

•Have reached level 95 or higher.

•Be a member of a party or alliance of between three and eighteen members.

•The party leader must have reached a certain point in the Seekers of Adoulin missions and be in possession of a certain key item.*
* There is no requirement for the other members of the party but the encounters in Vagary may spoil parts of the story that unfolds in the Seekers of Adoulin missions.

•Obtaining the Key Item
Obtain an item dropped by a certain monster and trade it with the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia to obtain the requisite key item.

•The Gates to Vagary
There are three entrances to Vagary found in Outer Ra'Kaznar, each leading to different battles and monsters, and housing a particular member of the Xol Triumvirate.
* The key item required for entry is the same for each of the entrances.

•Probing the Depths
Vagary has a time limit of forty-five minutes. Powerful rewards await those who survive the fight into the chambers' inner recesses and defeat the representative of the Xol Triumvirate.

•Vagary Rewards
The final bosses will drop materials crucial for synergizing item level 119 and Superior 2 equipment, as well as items necessary for reforging Empyrean Armor to item level 119.

Your text to link here...

SU 2 !!!
So basicly, 210 job point ++

Let see soon

...Meh :/

Just another endgame event people will eventually abandon altogether once they get all their empy upgrade items. Could end the same way Incursion did, but this time with Balamor laughing in a oddly funny Kefka voice.
By palladin9479 2015-03-05 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy isn't that great to be honest, certain pieces were amazing but overall most of it was meh. I'm really looking forward to using my WAR empy boots again though, those were epic.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-03-05 11:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The irony is Su2 gear is....

It costs a god-awful amount of job points to be able to use. The average player, who normally can't get 119 gear from other sources is gonna have a hell of a time getting those 200+ Job points just to wear the damn gear. Add to that the fact that they have to buy it (it'll probably be extremely expensive upon release)....

I just wonder what the hell they were thinking making Su1/2 gear.....wearable with Job Points. Its kind of like a catch-22 for non end game players anyways.

All I hear is "wahwahwah I might have to actually leave my mog house and play the game or, even worse, wait more than a couple days to get all the new gear!"

God forbid they add content for those who put the legit effort in to get enough job points and forces the ones being lazy to get off their *** if they want to participate. I'll never understand why so many complain there's nothing to do, the game is dying, they are going to quit, then they add content that actually requires people to play for an extended amount of time and set long term goals and people freak out about how stupid SE is.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-03-05 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
God forbid they add content for those who put the legit effort in to get enough job points and forces the ones being lazy to get off their *** if they want to participate. I'll never understand why so many complain there's nothing to do, the game is dying, they are going to quit, then they add content that actually requires people to play for an extended amount of time and set long term goals and people freak out about how stupid SE is.

Hahaha

I wouldn't call getting 6,000,000 CP "legit effort" with the current system. That's a hellish amount of grinding, for a single job. Far more then "a few days" worth. On the bright side, all that killing gets you so many Accolades and Sparks that people should have plenty of REM chapters and refraction crystals.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-05 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing how we've already gotten the "good for all" gear that can be specifically turned into very dedicated builds for any job, I wouldn't be surprised if Emp armor was turned into a top notch build for their single jobs.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-03-05 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »

Hahaha

I wouldn't call getting 6,000,000 CP "legit effort" with the current system. That's a hellish amount of grinding, for a single job. Far more then "a few days" worth. On the bright side, all that killing gets you so many Accolades and Sparks that people should have plenty of REM chapters and refraction crystals.

I agree, and I'm not saying job points are a test of skill or anything. They are a test in dedication, though.

Anyone who puts in that much effort without a bot has a sense of accomplishment that they went through hell and back and through it all they stuck with it and completed their goal; That's exactly why I play RPGs. That feeling of accomplishment, which doesn't always have to be killing a crazy hard boss, sometimes it comes from doing something really long, grindy.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-05 12:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Anyone who puts in that much effort without a bot has a sense of accomplishment that they went through hell and back and through it all they stuck with it and completed their goal No life.

You'd have to be insane to legit grind capacity points. There isn't even a modicum of enjoyment/entertainment to be had destroying the same mobs for hours/days/weeks.
By Keido 2015-03-05 12:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Anyone who puts in that much effort without a bot has a sense of accomplishment that they went through hell and back and through it all they stuck with it and completed their goal No life.

You'd have to be insane to legit grind capacity points. There isn't even a modicum of enjoyment/entertainment to be had destroying the same mobs for hours/days/weeks.

Took full advantage of double capacity points. Its not that hard didn't take weeks was plenty enjoyable.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-05 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

Took full advantage of double capacity points. Its not that hard didn't take weeks was plenty enjoyable.

I think he's talking about people who didn't take advantage of that, are new to Job Points, and people who are just not that into JP grinding to max everything just to start the lengthy grinding over again for another job and again for the next job.

Edit: Honestly, grinding for job points is not enjoyable unless you got a stack of beer, are high and have a large supply of junk food and have dat time to do so.

Double Edit: Level grinding and heck even spam merit point parties had more enjoyment (even with the random occasional funny death lol)
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-05 12:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

It's not that bad if you do like 1 hour - 2 hour grind at a time with a GOOD party that can chain them up. With a corsair roll and bard that pull and good dds. Going 3 hours plus tho is insane.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-03-05 12:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh it's different if you fight higher level stuff, but then you need a very solid group of folks and pretty specific buffs. Fighting VT's to a 119 you will get a sh!t ton of CP per kill, get some march's, a GEO doing Frailty and Precision, a good healer and you can get pretty high amounts of CP/hour. It's only fun if everyone's friends sitting on Vent / Skype drinking beer while bullsh!tting. Which is why I think SE giving high level normal mobs such ridiculous amounts of defense / evasion was stupid as it only serves to lock out the casual guys who would actually enjoy doing this in a non-stressful environment.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-05 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

as long as pup can do it im ok :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-05 14:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if its jsut another delve it will turn alot away from the game, alot people hate delve, they need make it friendly to many jobs
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 14:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
if its jsut another delve it will turn alot away from the game, alot people hate delve, they need make it friendly to many jobs

Your songs are horrible.
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-05 14:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »

Friendly to what jobs exactly? There isn't a delve that cant be done with any job.

Oh you mean people that are on job x but dont want to shout to make their own parties to do content because they are not deemed the optimal setup. So in other words lazy people.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-05 14:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should make the key item for enter these fight cost like 1m bayld or 20 jp to get each time.