Vagary: All-new Battle Content
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 14:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
SE should make the key item for enter these fight cost like 1m bayld or 20 jp to get each time.
[+]
 Garuda.Allysse
Server: Garuda
user: fsaletta
By Garuda.Allysse 2015-03-05 14:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

QQ less and get them job points. It's not hard. Just do it and stop being lazy. It took only 1 double capacity point campaign to cap one job
By Wordspoken 2015-03-05 15:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Allysse said: »
QQ less and get them job points. It's not hard. Just do it and stop being lazy. It took only 1 double capacity point campaign to cap one job
Let's not beat this dead horse again...the wurst it gave wasn't good.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, except 20 JP for a ki for an event that will maybe drop an item that you want and that you'll win lot on against a party/alliance. A wonderful idea.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 16:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should make the key item for enter these fight cost like 1m bayld or 20 jp to get each time.

Make new event ki just obtainable by sacrificing virgin tarus, and we found some utility for you!
By mortontony1 2015-03-05 17:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it was actually earlier in this thread, but someone said use the 6 WKR KIs for entry, and I kinda like that idea.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 18:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
I think it was actually earlier in this thread, but someone said use the 6 WKR KIs for entry, and I kinda like that idea.

Its said the ki drops from a "certain monster". Should be something like incursion, kill fodders, get ki, do event.

Lately SE doesnt care about gating, they prefer people spamming it all day, just slowing by augmenting process.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-03-05 18:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wrong with people? Why does everyone want some obnoxious way of getting into this event? Do you really want to have to waste time killing on all WKR just to enter once? The job points thing also won't happen, they want people to use those on their jobs not to get into content. SE has learned not to put terrible restrictions on their content. I would be ok with once every JP midnight or something like that but to have to mindlessly do terrible WKR content would make a lot of people pass on this content. It will probably be just kill random mob to get in for each zone like Pantafernando just said though thankfully.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-05 19:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Will probably be a Dullahan/Umbril/Ironclad as those are other dimensional beings.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-05 19:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

6 Naakual KI just to get a shot at 1-2 Empy upgrade items? Are you nuts? Unless the bosses drop personal coffers, maybe, but if it drops loot like Delve, it's gonna be stupid having 6-18 people lotting on one 'Yggdreant Bole-like AF3 equivalent synth mat'
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 19:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dakenx said: »
What is wrong with people? Why does everyone want some obnoxious way of getting into this event? Do you really want to have to waste time killing on all WKR just to enter once? The job points thing also won't happen, they want people to use those on their jobs not to get into content. SE has learned not to put terrible restrictions on their content. I would be ok with once every JP midnight or something like that but to have to mindlessly do terrible WKR content would make a lot of people pass on this content. It will probably be just kill random mob to get in for each zone like Pantafernando just said though thankfully.

Personally i prefer some time gating, not excessive like jp midnight, but spamming an event all day very quickly make it old, and quick the strategies spread. Sharing info is great, but most of fun comes from not knowing exactly what to wait, but thats subjective and personal.

Also, its my opinion that the most event still have any reason to do, event stupid but relevant reason, most the game will be meaningful. Im totally against killing events like SE have been doing. Ffxi is great because it has a huge amount of content to play, but every update we have been locked to repeat same stuffs thats released. Again, my opinion, i may diverge to majority.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-05 19:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's like delve where MB drops 6-8 items like equipment and synth mats, with 1 being a guaranteed crafting mat for 119 empy(equivalent of yggdreant bole), then it would be dumb to gate behind 6 KI, as only one lucky jerk would get the item.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 19:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
If it's like delve where MB drops 6-8 items like equipment and synth mats, with 1 being a guaranteed crafting mat for 119 empy(equivalent of yggdreant bole), then it would be dumb to gate behind 6 KI, as only one lucky jerk would get the item.

I wont say about gathering ki because its clear by op, it isnt fact, so no point expeculating about something unreal, i just think it could have some plot relationship, lore, etc.

About "only one lucky" getting an item, its no diferent than high tier battlefield, in essence isnt different of vw, i didnt play back to sea/sky era, but it seems similar also. It isnt an idea uncommon to this game, no reason to be surprise. It wont happen, aparently there is no gating, but if there was, it wouldnt be something new also.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-05 19:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gating would bring back ls community in a sense.

For example lets say you can only do said event once a day, like limbus/dyna etc..., people would be more inclined to have a static group to participate in rather then random chance of fails and losing out on items due to bad lots.

Removing gating from endgame, in a sense, hurt the ls community. At least imo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-03-05 19:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-05 19:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »

For example lets say you can only do said event once a day, like limbus/dyna etc..., people would be more inclined to have a static group to participate in rather then random chance of fails and losing out on items due to bad lots.

and suck on the leader's *** to get your item, gotta love the old days.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-05 19:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for *** blocking the 99% from the best item so my epeen can glow that much bigger in the game and show it to all friends and families how cool my fictional character is on top of the 99%.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-05 20:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how people will lazy this event out when shouting for it?

[Looking for Members!] Vag [Party] [interest] [/tell]
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 20:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

show it to all friends and families how cool my fictional character is on top of the 99%.

Youre a taru, so unfortunelly, thats out of question.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-05 20:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every leader needs a good D-sucking to give out drops.

Like I said go with same group so you will get drops.

Going with random people you have less of a chance because everyone is out for themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-05 20:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

El oh El, cause that is how it always works doesn't it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By iambatman3131 2015-03-05 23:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hi
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 04:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Shiva.Cziella said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 06:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »

El oh El, cause that is how it always works doesn't it.

Pretty much. Want on that item list, gotta be in the inner circle of friends with someone who is, that way they can put in a good word for you when they discuss drop orders. I've seen so many good items go to people who's only talent was making friends. So many Byakko Haidate, E Body's, W Legs and so forth. And lets not forget the insane amounts of drama that D Ring and Ridil caused, entire shells would break up over someone getting priority.

That is what people want to go back to whenever they mention "hard / difficult" content. They want the metagame to revolve around them forming a small group of close friends, then farming out unwanted drops to lessor members while they rake in the best gear.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 06:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
That is what people want to go back to whenever they mention "hard / difficult" content.

I cant speak for others, but imo, asking hard/dificult content is just an indirect way to ask something more reasonable: people wants something that makes sense to work for.

Its not like just dropping mobs ilv200 would make the game better/more enjoyable. Incursion is the biggest proof why thats false, that just having hard content isnt the answer for playerbase needs. People comfortably skip that content, because it isnt challenge what they are seeking.

Im not a suitable player to say whats lacking in current content that makes people unsatisfied as all i do with my playtime is to repeat same old content daily for cash and mythic stuffs, but you can see the diference between farming a marduk shalwar or tsurumaru. One of them, when you get it, you will feel somehow rewarded, proud or whatever. The other, you will feel isnt more than a duty. It wasnt more than a pre requirement you just did for a job, it isnt considered an refinement of your gear, but the basic. You can apply that to current skirmish. Anyone feel the new skirmish gear anything more than basic at this point? Anyone feel any satisfaction having full set of skirmish?

Thats the point. It isnt about dificult, its about satisfaction. While new gear are amazing relative with what we had, they fail to provide (imo) the satisfaction of acquiring them. And that lack of satisfaction is transfered to the content itself.

Im not saying stupid gatings like neo salvage gear is reasonable (need what, 1 month for a single pieçe?), but acquiring gear each 1h is the about the same acomplishment as buying an aurore/teal/perle set from cruor npc. I remember back to delve at release people enjoyed to buy their nq delve weapons after lots of plasm runs, it was a sense of acomplishment given by a moderate work, and adequate reward for that effort. That made delve at release a busy (and also enjoyable imo) time, what doesnt seem what we have today, where most players have free time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-06 07:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
That is what people want to go back to whenever they mention "hard / difficult" content.

I cant speak for others, but imo, asking hard/dificult content is just an indirect way to ask something more reasonable: people wants something that makes sense to work for.

Its not like just dropping mobs ilv200 would make the game better/more enjoyable. Incursion is the biggest proof why thats false, that just having hard content isnt the answer for playerbase needs. People comfortably skip that content, because it isnt challenge what they are seeking.

Im not a suitable player to say whats lacking in current content that makes people unsatisfied as all i do with my playtime is to repeat same old content daily for cash and mythic stuffs, but you can see the diference between farming a marduk shalwar or tsurumaru. One of them, when you get it, you will feel somehow rewarded, proud or whatever. The other, you will feel isnt more than a duty. It wasnt more than a pre requirement you just did for a job, it isnt considered an refinement of your gear, but the basic. You can apply that to current skirmish. Anyone feel the new skirmish gear anything more than basic at this point? Anyone feel any satisfaction having full set of skirmish?

Thats the point. It isnt about dificult, its about satisfaction. While new gear are amazing relative with what we had, they fail to provide (imo) the satisfaction of acquiring them. And that lack of satisfaction is transfered to the content itself.

Im not saying stupid gatings like neo salvage gear is reasonable (need what, 1 month for a single pieçe?), but acquiring gear each 1h is the about the same acomplishment as buying an aurore/teal/perle set from cruor npc. I remember back to delve at release people enjoyed to buy their nq delve weapons after lots of plasm runs, it was a sense of acomplishment given by a moderate work, and adequate reward for that effort. That made delve at release a busy (and also enjoyable imo) time, what doesnt seem what we have today, where most players have free time.

I feel full satisfaction of getting skirmish gears. Hey why not? I shout for the group I work for then. I put out the best gear I have at the moment on for my nuker jobs I do the best book job I can. And it's pretty fun. 4-4-4 runs are pretty casual. And I don't lose sleep.

(Speaking from a casual player point of view playing 1-2 hours a night and not 3-5 hours)

When vagary comes, might need to push another hour or two to get the coveted item or gear but that's also fine.
By Keido 2015-03-06 08:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much. Want on that item list, gotta be in the inner circle of friends with someone who is, that way they can put in a good word for you when they discuss drop orders. I've seen so many good items go to people who's only talent was making friends. So many Byakko Haidate, E Body's, W Legs and so forth. And lets not forget the insane amounts of drama that D Ring and Ridil caused, entire shells would break up over someone getting priority.

That is what people want to go back to whenever they mention "hard / difficult" content. They want the metagame to revolve around them forming a small group of close friends, then farming out unwanted drops to lessor members while they rake in the best gear.

You must have played with some truly horrible people. Sky gear was never hard to get for people farming the pops was the biggest cblock and only got worse when RMT finally made it there. D -ring and Ridil were only an issue because of the way the mobs spawned. Once SE figured out instanced battles were the way to go all of those problems went away. The LS that I am we actively go out and do what ever fight how ever many times to get whatever x person wants from it.

Sometimes there is a bit of wait on certain things because of limitations on job selection at the time but its really not down to a only these people get drops anymore. I would like to see the more difficult content for 12-18 so everyone in our LS can go. It really stinks when you have to leave out Billybob on a fight because its a 6 man instance.

Plus harder content with appropriate rewards would help the player base. Not the I have 100 mules and spam Kaggen all day base. Make it so that people actually have to attend an event with some planning involving the people in their LS. All of these things can be accomplished. Whether SE implements them correctly or not is a different story.

Incursion had such high potential and they just ***the bed on it. If the rewards would have scaled with the difficulty it would have been a great event. Instead they were lazy and did the same ***with the Mobs that Delve does. If you only take in 6 the mobs are static and dont change. You add that 7th and things change.

Biggest fear with this new event staying its 3-18 which means we already know its not scalable content like some of us hope for. There is already enough 6 man content to keep people busy for a long time and its still largely profitable. There is no gear Cblock like some of you claim. You dont have 10m ok go do Kaggens Pils Delves till you can gear up.

However there are mostly people playing this game that need the instant gratification. I guess there are still some of us that you know like to actually play the game rather than stand around in Jeuno just typing in a LS. Why pay for social media chat when you can just FB Twitter or IRC?

Why cant we have both?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-06 08:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of incursion now, honestly? There's 5-6 items to get which you can get on 123 spam in a single night if you got the warps. Drop rate on r/ex items from coffers is high. They should have expanded it further, made new wings, higher progression, more NMs etc.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-06 08:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
What's the point of incursion now, honestly? There's 5-6 items to get which you can get on 123 spam in a single night if you got the warps. Drop rate on r/ex items from coffers is high. They should have expanded it further, made new wings, higher progression, more NMs etc.

Same point as every other content added since delve. filler for the masses.

unity
high level bc
skirmish
incursion
voidwatch
abyssea

all filler. makes me lots of gil but its still filler for people who dont think bigger.

I'd rather have an update 3 times a year and get something decent then more filler. also, I have to be able to complete it with a bot army instead of relying on *** to fill chairs.
[+]