Forum » FFXI » General » New version update march/2015
New version update march/2015
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 02:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to finish upgrading your gear for the new content:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Quote:
Fresh from the winter thaw flow the pristine waters of the next version update!

The March patch will see the addition of Vagary, all-new battle content that pits Vana'diel's heroes against the Xol Triumvirate. Also found amongst the uncovered treasures are reforged empyrean armor and the long anticipated final implementation of the /lockstyle command.

Also coming down the slopes are additional Unity Wanted battles, new spells and other job adjustments, adjustments to existing spells, and bucket loads of other additions and adjustments.

Quote:
[dev1257] Empyrean Armor Reforging

Empyrean Armor Reforging
The March update will allow Empyrean Armor to be reforged to item level 109 and then further to item level 119.

Upgrading these items to item level 119 will require items only obtainable through new battle content added to the March version update.

As with artifact and relic equipment upgrades, the items needed to upgrade Empyrean Armor differ based on the armor's current item level.

New armor for geomancers and rune fencers
New Empyrean-equivalent armor for geomancers and rune fencers will be added.

These new armor sets can be obtained through new quests for the applicable jobs.

As with empyrean armor, these new sets can be further enhanced with items earned through the new battle content.
 Cerberus.Zephr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2015-02-27 03:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary better be level 135+, we need content that can't be facerolled by a party of fresh item level 117 characters.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-02-27 03:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess they will use material drop from abys for empy reforge
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 03:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
Just so long as each piece doesn't require 6-10 Colorless Souls.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 03:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither relic nor artifact really favored its old events aside to save few rem chapters so i guss with new empy will be the same, having +2 version will save you 5 chp and thats it.

The required mat surely will come from vagary and possible a second event not abyssea related (unity or incursion are options).
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 03:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Neither relic nor artifact really favored its old events aside to save few rem chapters so i guss with new empy will be the same, having +2 version will save you 5 chp and thats it.

The required mat surely will come from vagary and possible a second event not abyssea related (unity or incursion are options).

AF upgrades require synth materials originally from low tier HNMs, which were originally fought in the lvl 60-65 range, like D Cloth and Beetle Blood. Relic upgrades to 109 require the materials exclusive to the dynamis zones. So it's probably a safe bet that there will be some form of item needed from abyssea for the 109 upgrade.
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-27 03:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

AF upgrades require synth materials originally from low tier HNMs, which were originally fought in the lvl 60-65 range, like D Cloth and Beetle Blood. Relic upgrades to 109 require the materials exclusive to the dynamis zones. So it's probably a safe bet that there will be some form of item needed from abyssea for the 109 upgrade.

That or more of the +2 mats from abyssea
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 03:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would at 109 will need the name emp+2 item that the piece needed before, and something not related. Like from skirmish. Then the 119 needs something new.
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-27 04:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I remember sometime in the past hearing something about empy reforge would be over 119. I can't confirm it, maybe someone else can?
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-02-27 04:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zephr said: »
Vagary better be level 135+, we need content that can't be facerolled by a party of fresh item level 117 characters.

Since the server pops are already so low, and SE claims their resources are so tight, it would be smarter to create new content that appeals to the widest range of players possible. Since the devs don't tend to be very smart they'll probably do what you're asking.
 Cerberus.Zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2015-02-27 04:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Since the server pops are already so low, and SE claims their resources are so tight, it would be smarter to create new content that appeals to the widest range of players possible.

You're right, but it would be nice if they also gave us some challenging endgame that can't be beaten with the gear we have currently, kind of like the introduction of Delve1 and killing level 119 content with level 99 gear, which took at least a month to see the first kill shots. But this is really hard to accomplish because Delve1 conditioned endgame players to min-max 18 people and push the most out of jobs in order to win, which in turn made us able to faceroll anything they threw at us since then. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but hey, I can dream!
By Wordspoken 2015-02-27 05:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when I'm about to take a break! Bah, whatever atleast I have stuff to do when I get back.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 05:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope I can buy all the mats since I am 4everalone.
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-02-27 05:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So this topic is saying that upgrades to empy gear is on the horizon yes?

Way to beat about the bush man.. Oh and also YAY! for having full empy+2 for all 20 jobs it's available for :p

*edit*
Ah yeah I see it on the POL front page now.
- "Also found amongst the uncovered treasures are reforged empyrean armor.."

Nicely.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 05:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a mixed feeling i have with empyreal being released right after skirmish gears.

Because it wont be a single piece that can situationally better, but a full set released with a strong reference of skirmish. Will it be inferior or superior? Will it be macro piece or tp/ws piece?

Regardless of what the new empys will be, now we gonna seriously need extra inventory space.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 05:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of what the new empys will be, now we gonna seriously need extra inventory space.
Most of the empy gear still is in use for macro purposes, so I don't see a difference reforging it. Actually it has potential to lower the amount of gear needed if empy becomes useful for other stuff too.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 06:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the server pops are already so low, and SE claims their resources are so tight, it would be smarter to create new content that appeals to the widest range of players possible.

You're right, but it would be nice if they also gave us some challenging endgame that can't be beaten with the gear we have currently, kind of like the introduction of Delve1 and killing level 119 content with level 99 gear, which took at least a month to see the first kill shots. But this is really hard to accomplish because Delve1 conditioned endgame players to min-max 18 people and push the most out of jobs in order to win, which in turn made us able to faceroll anything they threw at us since then. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but hey, I can dream!

It's called rose tinted glass's. I knew dozens of people who were pissed beyond imagination at delve 1. You weren't allowed to do it unless you had Oat MNK... let that sink in for a second. And it wasn't about "pushing each job to the bleh", it was about stacking as many buffs and debuffs as possible. Two 3~4 song BRDs and two COR's who rotated to max buff, two GEO's who buffed the two stunning SCH's and their BRD to deny the NM any TP moves. The hardest part was the BRD's and CORs learning how to quickly swap parties mid fight for rebuffs and autoexec made that super easy. That whole method locked out a LOT of players and favored only a select few groups on each server. So what 80~100 people on each server could participate and gloat while the other few thousand could just stare with envy. That is a horrible business model and SE recognized it so they implemented a method that allowed most if not all of the server population to participate.

Most of you screaming for "harder content!!!!" are what is known as the vocal minority. There are only a few of you, relative to the total population, but your so loud and obnoxious that you drown out everyone else. It's impossible to appease you because no matter what the developers do to the game you'll just find a way to cheese it and then brag about how "easy" it was. You want "difficult" content? Make a group of seventeen more people and tell them your "bringing original delve back" and they can't use any gear above level 99. There is nothing stopping you from doing this, and if there is indeed so many people yammering for "hard" content you should have zero issues leading groups to do this.

Unless of course you want to force others, against their will, to play that way....
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-02-27 06:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so long as each piece doesn't require 6-10 Colorless Souls.

I guess they might convert the emp weapon material to sellable and use that to upgrade empy armors lol
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-02-27 06:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone who is worth playing with felt that delve 1 was the best time this game has ever offered.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-27 06:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »

It's called rose tinted glass's. I knew dozens of people who were pissed beyond imagination at delve 1. You weren't allowed to do it unless you had Oat MNK... let that sink in for a second. And it wasn't about "pushing each job to the bleh", it was about stacking as many buffs and debuffs as possible. Two 3~4 song BRDs and two COR's who rotated to max buff, two GEO's who buffed the two stunning SCH's and their BRD to deny the NM any TP moves. The hardest part was the BRD's and CORs learning how to quickly swap parties mid fight for rebuffs and autoexec made that super easy. That whole method locked out a LOT of players and favored only a select few groups on each server. So what 80~100 people on each server could participate and gloat while the other few thousand could just stare with envy. That is a horrible business model and SE recognized it so they implemented a method that allowed most if not all of the server population to participate.

Most of you screaming for "harder content!!!!" are what is known as the vocal minority. There are only a few of you, relative to the total population, but your so loud and obnoxious that you drown out everyone else. It's impossible to appease you because no matter what the developers do to the game you'll just find a way to cheese it and then brag about how "easy" it was. You want "difficult" content? Make a group of seventeen more people and tell them your "bringing original delve back" and they can't use any gear above level 99. There is nothing stopping you from doing this, and if there is indeed so many people yammering for "hard" content you should have zero issues leading groups to do this.

Unless of course you want to force others, against their will, to play that way....

Totally agreed. Majority of us have kids, work long hours, school Etc, I'll be lucky to play 1 hour without interruption. I know there are people with 4+ hours to play everyday calling game easy mode. The game is not hard but we need time and people. It should be a content where the elite can beat it faster then the next good players that just don't have enough time to get an idris.
 Cerberus.Zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2015-02-27 06:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no need to be so aggressive, I am merely suggesting that now that SE has pandered to casuals and stalled content at item level 119 for close to two years, maybe there should be an increase in the difficulty level of endgame content. FFXI used to be a cutthroat EQ-style MMORPG with long-term goals, and some (probably not a majority) people would like to see that aspect brought back. Whatever SE does, they will not be able to appease everybody. Make the game too hard/time-consuming, and you lose the casuals. Make the game too easy, and elitist jerks lose interest. I have always been the latter, and so have the members of my linshell, of which no one plays because they have moved on to games that are challenging. Rose-tinted glasses? Sure, but my highlights in this game are the times when I've been stomped by content and had to beef up my gear/skill/understanding of the game in order to overcome the challenge. We all play the game for different reasons and I am just voicing my opinion. I'm not wrong, and you're not wrong, we just represent different camps. :)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 06:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part was the BRD's and CORs learning how to quickly swap parties mid fight for rebuffs and autoexec made that super easy
Lolwut? Just need a macro to join and a macro to leave lol <.<
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-27 06:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested to see if Rune Fencer and Geomancer are getting their sets at the same time this reforge comes about.

Also suspect that Empyrean reforge will be 'Superior II' equipment, that's the only way I can see them keeping the set bonuses on the pieces.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 06:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, finally geo pajama set incoming!!
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-27 06:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They should continue to just add scaling content levels. Most of the people in my linkshell are the highest end players. We were all happy about how difficult iLvl 140+ incursion was. The only problem was, rewards need to scale with the difficulty or there's no point in doing it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-27 07:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no need to be so aggressive, I am merely suggesting that now that SE has pandered to casuals and stalled content at item level 119 for close to two years, maybe there should be an increase in the difficulty level of endgame content. FFXI used to be a cutthroat EQ-style MMORPG with long-term goals, and some (probably not a majority) people would like to see that aspect brought back. Whatever SE does, they will not be able to appease everybody. Make the game too hard/time-consuming, and you lose the casuals. Make the game too easy, and elitist jerks lose interest. I have always been the latter, and so have the members of my linshell, of which no one plays because they have moved on to games that are challenging. Rose-tinted glasses? Sure, but my highlights in this game are the times when I've been stomped by content and had to beef up my gear/skill/understanding of the game in order to overcome the challenge. We all play the game for different reasons and I am just voicing my opinion. I'm not wrong, and you're not wrong, we just represent different camps. :)

They are not really pandering to casuals. Casuals do tojil not wokpet and not incursion. There are contents casuals are still locked out of. What kinda challenge are you looking for? Challenges where u get elite gears? If you want u can create your own challenge. Beat wopket in 12 minutes or less. Then beat wopket in 11 min and less. Incursion 143. It's just examples. I assume you want challenges where you get something good. That's not a bad thing but hopefully it won't be that hard where people need to push themselves 3 in the morning to beat with multiple tries.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 07:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The hardest part was the BRD's and CORs learning how to quickly swap parties mid fight for rebuffs and autoexec made that super easy
Lolwut? Just need a macro to join and a macro to leave lol <.<

I think you fail to realize how many people who choose to play a support job can't manage to make a proper macro. I can't tell you how many times I sent a party invite to a brd or cor and it take them so long to hit Accept, that I need to re-invite.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-02-27 07:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha ha, I just saw one JP mention empy armor upgrades in /u, then another replied that it'll probably take 10000 crystal petrifacts (白水晶).

Just so long as each piece doesn't require 6-10 Colorless Souls
I've got a couple stacks of those in my mog house. >.>

Seriously, the main problem with Colorless Souls is with server population since there's only 3 (?) that drop them.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 07:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caling cor and brd rotation as the most difficult part is just half truth, and it was just true after skirmsh was released.

The real problem was the lack of relevant gear at that time, what increase severelly the need of brd, cor and geo full potential to buff, so requiring brds 4 songs, ghorn at a time terpander wasnt even a dream.

Nowaday we are at a point where we are capping every possible stat: haste gear, haste magic, pdt, acc, att, fast cast, etc, so that makes any new event not very challenging: the current player has low room to improve, mostly any gear combination will result in close to max potential. Unlike when capping haste magic was just possible with ghorn, capping haste/fast cast as sch were a summer dream, but really hard part at that time was the ignorance of average playerbase with regard to game caps, as in abyssea, just few combinations would actually cap haste, for example, so not rare we would see gear really poor. Nowaday capping haste in gear, haste in magic is almost a no brainner.

That transiction from an age where you arent so demanded to knowledge of gear to a age where the max was required made delve 1 more harder than it should. Nowaday, i guess we are at better situation, even a new gap like delve 1 wont have that much impact, as knowledge gap was already shortened.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-27 07:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

They should continue to just add scaling content levels. Most of the people in my linkshell are the highest end players. We were all happy about how difficult iLvl 140+ incursion was. The only problem was, rewards need to scale with the difficulty or there's no point in doing it.
Let me guess, all using gearswap/windower? You guys are shouting for more challenge, but at the same time you use 3rd party tools that make the game easier.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14