Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-11 17:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Additional question, when you use a stone for a new stat, does it re roll all the augmented stats on the piece, or just one slot?
Yep. Each stone rolls completely new augments (of course sometimes you're lucky enough to roll the exact same stats)
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-02-11 17:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Saylor said: »
Using run wild as an excuse to not optimize your acc set is lazy. Unless you are using a basic gearswap and not switching axes between idle and ready, there is no reason not to use arktoi. The split second that you switch from idle to ready back to idle isn't enough to justify combining -dt and acc for ready imo.

Its not an excuse, and it sure as hell isn't lazyness. I wouldn't have made 2 Digir's if I thought acc wasn't valuable. However experience SINCE making them has indicated to me that situations where that additional accuracy is beneficial are few and far between.

Arktoi is from an outgoing stats perspective a slightly better version of an optimally augmented Digirbalag, and as such I remain skeptical that it would provide any situational benefit where the older weapon(s) wouldn't.

Lazy to me is not having at least a pair of Kumba's with +180 tp bonus (min) on them, and using them wherever possible.

I'm of the mind that a pair of Kumba's with +200 tp and +20 acc would trump digir's or arktoi in 95% of the content or more. I'm usually looking for ways to squeeze in more attack vs acc it seems.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-11 17:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Additional question, when you use a stone for a new stat, does it re roll all the augmented stats on the piece, or just one slot?
Yep. Each stone rolls completely new augments (of course sometimes you're lucky enough to roll the exact same stats)

so odds of getting multiple stats you want just went way down..
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-11 18:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're talking about capping every stat you want in just 1 set of Valorous, then yeah. Good luck. It's really not that bad getting started - when it re-rolls all your augments it's probably important to note that you're more likely to see similar stats +/- a slot or two, just with different values if you're using the same type of stone over and over.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-12 21:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're talking about capping every stat you want in just 1 set of Valorous, then yeah. Good luck. It's really not that bad getting started - when it re-rolls all your augments it's probably important to note that you're more likely to see similar stats +/- a slot or two, just with different values if you're using the same type of stone over and over.

well i havnt been able to be on much for so long (hoping to return more in a week or so). I still never got my bst a rdy set and my dt- set is the skirmish2 auged. With no progress rly in the escha zones or new gear or anything, i figured id have to merc a set. I was looking at the Emicho set for rdy. But i was looking at sets on the main page here and was thinking hell, if i end up paying someone to get me the equip drop mine as well be valor set. - But i saw that listed in both dt- sets and rdy sets. So i was curious how the augs worked; how likely it would be to get both set stats on the same piece. But if it rerolls all stats every time, then odds of that seem low.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-19 19:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

so what is going to yeild a better rdy set (Or which situations would they be better)?

Emicho armor set which is straight simple augmenting with pet acc+15 atk+15 da+3 on each piece

or the valorous set which seem like a much less likely/take a lot longer to get good augments (im also not sure if you get one stat if your unable to get a certain other stats paired with that of if its all random)

getting rdy to work on getting one of them. Just not sure which atm.
By Felgarr 2016-02-19 20:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

so what is going to yeild a better rdy set (Or which situations would they be better)?

Emicho armor set which is straight simple augmenting with pet acc+15 atk+15 da+3 on each piece

or the valorous set which seem like a much less likely/take a lot longer to get good augments (im also not sure if you get one stat if your unable to get a certain other stats paired with that of if its all random)

After spending 2-3 months acquiring Emicho+1 5/5.....I pretty much full time it because my pets will have 1100-1200 Accurace and ~1500 attack with food. (I augmented all but body with Acc/Attack+20/DA+4 and for body, I chose Pet: MAB+35, INT+20, etc, because I believe it's very close to best in slot for most situations.

I tried to augment the new Valorious gear and got on Feet:

Pet MAB+20, Pet Acc/R.Acc+8, Crit hit+3%, DA+3%

Everything sounds awesome, right? ...No, I die VERY frequently because of the 7-yalm restriction without REALLY good support on T2/3 Reseinjima NMs.

I think it depends on your patience level, which set is better. I honestly, don't like swap for the most tedious of scenarios, but I also don't use gearswap. I basically swap pet ready moves for a mix of Macc/MAB and Acc/Attack. Full Emicho+1 covers the Acc/Attack combination for ready moves.

Sometimes, I use 4/5 emicho and put AF3 119 hands for physical moves or just do 5/5 Emicho+1, again for physical Ready moves. For Msgic, same thing, except MAB/Macc.

sorry if this wasn't more helpful. I'm just upset with 7-yalms. :(
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-02-20 00:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

After spending 2-3 months acquiring Emicho+1 5/5.....I pretty much full time it because my pets will have 1100-1200 Accurace and ~1500 attack with food. (I augmented all but body with Acc/Attack+20/DA+4 and for body, I chose Pet: MAB+35, INT+20, etc, because I believe it's very close to best in slot for most situations.

I tried to augment the new Valorious gear and got on Feet:

Pet MAB+20, Pet Acc/R.Acc+8, Crit hit+3%, DA+3%

Everything sounds awesome, right? ...No, I die VERY frequently because of the 7-yalm restriction without REALLY good support on T2/3 Reseinjima NMs.

I think it depends on your patience level, which set is better. I honestly, don't like swap for the most tedious of scenarios, but I also don't use gearswap. I basically swap pet ready moves for a mix of Macc/MAB and Acc/Attack. Full Emicho+1 covers the Acc/Attack combination for ready moves.

Sometimes, I use 4/5 emicho and put AF3 119 hands for physical moves or just do 5/5 Emicho+1, again for physical Ready moves. For Msgic, same thing, except MAB/Macc.

sorry if this wasn't more helpful. I'm just upset with 7-yalms. :(
This just sounds like you're unwilling to use multiple gear sets.

And the augments you got, looked like you barely tried to augment them at all. I only augment when I did the NMs to get items. I got random pouch drops. I never personally put any money into buying stacks of stones to augment my gear.

And I have 4/5 Valor Armor(several sets of each, one for Macc, one for MAB, one for Attack besides head, since Emichio is better, and one for Acc.)

And I've got plenty of +30 to a augment on them all. Only thing I am missing is Valor Body to finish the sets, and need Macc Augment on Hands, and Macc Augment on Feet, and MAB Augment on Hands. Emi being the best for Pet: MAB on the Body Slot. Possibly. Unless you wanna be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and spend a billion gil on Dark Matter Augments, then go ahead.

In regards to you dying on T3. Sounds like you don't have /WHM SJ on you, nor Stoneskin yourself, Cure yourself, have refresh set so you can cure yourself, Beatific Shield +1 w/Augments to reduce damage. Or barspell yourself with the proper barspell Element of choice vs that monster you'd be fighting. (Although its pretty garb without enhancing gear, every bit counts.)

Blaming the supports for your lack of proper sets for those types of Situations.

Lastly, a good BST should be able to compensate for the lack of range on Pet: RDY Moves to know when to go in to use one. Instead of standing beside the pet and taking AOEs over and over. If you're getting hit by more AOE than you can manage, you be best to touch up on your timing.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-20 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

KnifeKatRengar said: »
And I have 4/5 Valor Armor(several sets of each, one for Macc, one for MAB, one for Attack besides head, since Emichio is better, and one for Acc.)

And I've got plenty of +30 to a augment on them all. Only thing I am missing is Valor Body to finish the sets, and need Macc Augment on Hands, and Macc Augment on Feet, and MAB Augment on Hands. Emi being the best for Pet: MAB on the Body Slot. Possibly. Unless you wanna be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and spend a billion gil on Dark Matter Augments, then go ahead.

what do the stats look like on your physical rdy set for valorous?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-20 12:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the hands? That has the pet atk+25 as well as the 15 from augmenting.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-02-21 15:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what do the stats look like on your physical rdy set for valorous?

Emi Head +1 w/Path C: Pet: Accuracy+20, Pet: Attack+20, Pet: "Double Attack"+4

The Current Body I am using right now is Taeon Body, with Attack+25, and Double Attack+5 Augments, because I utilized my first 2 Valor Bodies for Magical Acc, and Acc. I've yet to go and get my last ones I need for attack.

Hands(Not under the effect of Unleash): I use Empy Reforged Hands. With Unleash I am using Valor Mitts with 12 STR, 30 attack, 5 Acc, randomaugmentsherethatmeannothingatallhere.

Valor Hose I have augments of randomaugmentsagain, 10 STR, 30 Attack.

Feet, I only have 30 attack currently, because I won't get off my butt and grab stones to augment it further.

What about the hands? That has the pet atk+25 as well as the 15 from augmenting.

You get 35 from the base hands for attack, and an additional +20 from Augmenting. Total of 55 Attack, and 4 DA for Pet.

I'm under the impression that Emi Hands would be better for Unleash than the ones I have currently have. Since your Tp is @max during Unleash.

If you're referring to NQ Emi Hand Armor, the Valor Hands I have would easily tip over the damage that Emi NQ Hands would give you. You'd need HQ+1 Emi Hands to beat out the current ones I have now.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-03 13:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

so what are the odds of actually getting pet:str and pet:atk augs on the same piece of vlaorous? Or pet:acc and pet:atk/str? (assuming those would be basic good stats for rdy)
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-03-03 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

so what are the odds of actually getting pet:str and pet:atk augs on the same piece of vlaorous? Or pet:acc and pet:atk/str? (assuming those would be basic good stats for rdy)

Not that rare. To get them all in decent amounts, rare.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-03 16:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any pieces better then the Valorous set for an acc+ build?

And the table of augments for valorous set lists pet dt-, pet regen, and pet haste. Can you have all three of those on a single piece?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-03 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any pieces better then the Valorous set for an acc+ build?

Currently, Valorous armor has the highest possible Pet: Accuracy available.

And the table of augments for valorous set lists pet dt-, pet regen, and pet haste. Can you have all three of those on a single piece?

Those augments all fall under the "Special" stats slot, so you can only have 1 from that list on any given piece of armor (Dark Matter sorcery aside).

Full list of Pet Special Stats for that slot:

Pet: Physical Damage Taken-
Pet: Regen
Pet: Haste
Pet: Double Attack
Pet: Double Atk/Crit Hit Rate
Pet: Store TP
Pet: Subtle Blow
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-03 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Those augments all fall under the "Special" stats slot, so you can only have 1 from that list on any given piece of armor (Dark Matter sorcery aside).

Thank you. I wish the bg page of augments were broken up into slots so i could get a visual like this.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-04 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I may have popped in here before to say it, but thanks again for making this guide. I just got back into the game after BST in Explorers gave me a craving to play 11 BST again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Angelinn
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2016-03-04 20:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that when I unleash with Bertha, I can only seem to get one Tegmina Buffet off every 8-10 seconds or so? There seems to be some kind of built-in delay that doesn't rely on charges or something... I'm not very experienced with this job, but I'm certain I've seen other BSTs fire them off every 2 or 3 seconds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-04 21:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Angelinn said: »
Why is it that when I unleash with Bertha, I can only seem to get one Tegmina Buffet off every 8-10 seconds or so? There seems to be some kind of built-in delay that doesn't rely on charges or something... I'm not very experienced with this job, but I'm certain I've seen other BSTs fire them off every 2 or 3 seconds.

Yeah, there's an animation delay.

You can fire off 2 quick Tegminas in a row if you use the Fight command in-between them during Unleash.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-05 14:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what is bsts job in cp pts? Havnt rly bothered with them specifically yet since returning.
 Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay
Server: Gilgamesh
user: leeroyjay
By Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay 2016-03-05 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunder SC with Rhyming Shizuna (Lyrical Broth)

Sheep Charge > Lamp Chop

Wear Pet Acc gear so you land Ready moves, be sure to wear/macro in Charmer's Merlin, Nukumi Manoplas +1 and Desultor Tassets to keep timers down.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-05 17:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what mobs there using. Do you rly need a pet acc+ set just for cp mobs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-05 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what mobs there using. Do you rly need a pet acc+ set just for cp mobs?

Apex mobs require around 1200acc to cap hit rate on the low end usually. It goes up from there based on what your party can handle.
By kaempfer0080 2016-03-18 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What is some good entry-level BST gear, especially for a Ready set? I don't really have any jobs geared enough for Escha yet so Valorous and abjurations aren't really an option. Should I use Acro or Taeon? Are either of the two better for Ready? Do I want Pet ACC or Pet ATK augments? Aside from Alluvion Skirmish armor, are there some reforged AF/Relic pieces?

Also, what do I want to be wearing in between Ready commands? I'm guessing if I'm able to engage, I would wear TP gear. If it's too dangerous to engage I can wear some kind of Pet TP set right? Can this be the same gear as the ready set? I'm guessing you just want as much pet Haste, Atk, Acc, DA as possible.

I play SMN as well and I'm wondering if Avatar's are made of wet tissue paper compared to some BST pets? For example, when I do Avatar battles on easy, I use a tank trust because my Avatar would die in 1 or 2 hits. On the other hand, I see threads about soloing these fights on Normal with just the BST pet tanking and doing all the damage. Do you usually wear Pet DT gear in these kinds of scenarios, and switch to heavy damage sets only for Ready?

For Axes, I have a khumbakarna and am thinking of making an Arktoi since I have a lot of boulders laying around and the augments look great. Any other advice would be appreciated.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-18 14:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

kaempfer0080 said: »
What is some good entry-level BST gear, especially for a Ready set? I don't really have any jobs geared enough for Escha yet so Valorous and abjurations aren't really an option. Should I use Acro or Taeon? Are either of the two better for Ready? Do I want Pet ACC or Pet ATK augments? Aside from Alluvion Skirmish armor, are there some reforged AF/Relic pieces?

Also, what do I want to be wearing in between Ready commands? I'm guessing if I'm able to engage, I would wear TP gear. If it's too dangerous to engage I can wear some kind of Pet TP set right? Can this be the same gear as the ready set? I'm guessing you just want as much pet Haste, Atk, Acc, DA as possible.

I play SMN as well and I'm wondering if Avatar's are made of wet tissue paper compared to some BST pets? For example, when I do Avatar battles on easy, I use a tank trust because my Avatar would die in 1 or 2 hits. On the other hand, I see threads about soloing these fights on Normal with just the BST pet tanking and doing all the damage. Do you usually wear Pet DT gear in these kinds of scenarios, and switch to heavy damage sets only for Ready?

For Axes, I have a khumbakarna and am thinking of making an Arktoi since I have a lot of boulders laying around and the augments look great. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Functionally, Taeon and Acro get the same augments and are essentially the same. Acro can get Call Beast delay - on it, but that's more of a secondary set to be honest.

As for attack or accuracy, it depends. Accuracy will take you further, but damage will suffer. Falkirk has listed 4 different tiers of accuracy ready move sets on the OP and they are all current, there is no reason for me to relist them. Basically, you want more than one set.

Avatars have innate DT that allows them to take a hit, but their shoddy HP pools and inability to heal them(In a cost/inventory efficient way, at least) make them die faster than a well gear BST. Falkirk has pet DT and reward sets on the OP as well, you need those. A Beastmaster without a pet is just a really shitty Warrior.

TP sets for pets are a bit worthless unless you are using a ready move that consumes more than one charge. Any tp a pet has before 1000 just gets rounded up to 1k when you perform a ready move anyway. And a pet's white damage is all but irrelevant.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lethalfalcon08/videos Visit this page if you want to see what a Beastmaster can do. As a disclaimer, Beaztmaster is tied with Falkirk for best Beastmaster in the game. I play with both essentially every night, and I can assure you that they are the highest echelon of Beastmastery, and I am not exaggerating. If you can't manage what Beazt can, don't feel bad. I can't do it either.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-18 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

... not even using trusts in those... wow... I ... suck.
By kaempfer0080 2016-03-18 16:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Functionally, Taeon and Acro get the same augments and are essentially the same. Acro can get Call Beast delay - on it, but that's more of a secondary set to be honest.

As for attack or accuracy, it depends. Accuracy will take you further, but damage will suffer. Falkirk has listed 4 different tiers of accuracy ready move sets on the OP and they are all current, there is no reason for me to relist them. Basically, you want more than one set.

So I could basically try to emulate these sets with Acro/Taeon then? Augment some with Attack and some with Acc and use what I need. Oh boy, I love this augmenting system.

Quote:
Avatars have innate DT that allows them to take a hit, but their shoddy HP pools and inability to heal them(In a cost/inventory efficient way, at least) make them die faster than a well gear BST. Falkirk has pet DT and reward sets on the OP as well, you need those. A Beastmaster without a pet is just a really shitty Warrior.

TP sets for pets are a bit worthless unless you are using a ready move that consumes more than one charge. Any tp a pet has before 1000 just gets rounded up to 1k when you perform a ready move anyway. And a pet's white damage is all but irrelevant.

That's interesting and good to know, I wasn't sure how important the Reward set was. If the pet TP doesn't actually matter, does that mean you typically want to be wearing a Pet DT set in between Ready's?

And thanks for the info! Very helpful. I'm watching some of Beaztmaster's videos now and feel like an inferior being.

Edit: Forgot to ask. If pet TP doesn't matter when you're only using 1 charge, what's the purpose of the Pet TP +200 augment?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-21 20:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If the pet TP doesn't actually matter, does that mean you typically want to be wearing a Pet DT set in between Ready's?

Yessir.

Edit: Forgot to ask. If pet TP doesn't matter when you're only using 1 charge, what's the purpose of the Pet TP +200 augment?

Those Pet:TP Bonuses get added on after the round up to 1000, so it's beneficial for any Ready move where damage varies with TP.

---

Anyone seeing worthwhile augments on Valorous armor from the Dark Matter campaign? Here are some random ones:

Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-03-25 19:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have updated tp/WS sets specifically for ruinator, want to be prepared incase im ever caught with pet timers down and such although idk of any situations id put myself that it would happen. im flipping through 119 abjs to get an idea for it
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-03-27 01:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

is NQ OR HQ Salubrious broth(Attentive Ibuki) still a valuable pet?

which content would it be most useful?

also which jugs are most favorable to have these days?

Im assumiing it would only be used for lower content like dynamis/salvage
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 175 176 177