Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 176 177 178
 Leviathan.Hawkwing
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hawkwing
By Leviathan.Hawkwing 2016-02-06 20:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently came back to the game, have been working on my Skirmish axe and I got Pet: +11 DEX, STR, VIT. Is that of any use for my BST or should I just keep looking for the TP Bonus from my Duskorbs?

Cheers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-06 21:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep looking for TP Bonus.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we 100% sure we can get Pet: Critical Hit rate and/or Pet: Double Attack with Leaforb stones?

1 stack of +2 and like 4 stacks of +1 and I have not seen these augments once.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-02-07 14:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Also regen off of leaf. Took my a few stacks also.
 Asura.Chaosblast
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaosblast 2016-02-07 14:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Are we 100% sure we can get Pet: Critical Hit rate and/or Pet: Double Attack with Leaforb stones?

Yes. For what its worth, you hardly ever see it. Took me multiple stacks of +2's.

Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Yes. Also regen off of leaf. Took my a few stacks also.

I currently have regen +3. Had a few decent Haste and -PDT augments, but haven't seen Crit or DBL ATTK once... thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, how do I unblock someone? I meant to quote and my mouse went crazy.

EDIT: Got it
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaosblast said: »

Yes. For what its worth, you hardly ever see it. Took me multiple stacks of +2's.

Funny enough, I have 200 TP bonus... just can't get the rest in line.

But thank you so much for the pic
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are awesome, thank you so much for the replies/confirmations....

now back to spending millions of gil
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-02-07 14:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Axe BTW
By Felgarr 2016-02-08 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Axe BTW

Very nice!
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-10 15:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy to report that

the reforged Aymur

offers no pet-oriented improvements

from the original 119 version.

Have a great day!

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-02-10 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
offers no pet-oriented improvements

Oh.

Great.
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-02-10 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting, so would it be possible to have a 119 aymur and a 123 one?
 Leviathan.Hawkwing
Server: Leviathan
user: Hawkwing
By Leviathan.Hawkwing 2016-02-10 21:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Guttler a decent option now or is it still better to put the work in and try for Mythic? I pretty much play solo/duo, seems very seldom do I ever get to melee along with things.

We've done a Relic and Emps before but Mythic seems like it would be a whole new kind of beast time/difficulty wise.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-10 22:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone give me an explanation of the Arcane Glyptics Inscription?
It says there are 5 slots. But which slot the augment goes to is random? So you can over right a stat you want to keep? Do you atleast get a confirmation to change or keep old stats or do they change automatically.
I was looking at the Valorous Armor Set listed and was wondering what kind of augment combinations are possible and how hard/likely they are to get.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-10 23:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hawkwing said: »
Is Guttler a decent option now or is it still better to put the work in and try for Mythic? I pretty much play solo/duo, seems very seldom do I ever get to melee along with things.

We've done a Relic and Emps before but Mythic seems like it would be a whole new kind of beast time/difficulty wise.

Try for a Mythic!

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-10 23:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
It says there are 5 slots. But which slot the augment goes to is random?
Store stones in Norg with Oseem. Trade armor to Oseem. Pick Melee or Familiar (for Valorous). Every time you use a stone it'll poop out up to several of those listed augments! The probability stuff is explained in the link you put there. For example:

So you can over right a stat you want to keep?
Yes! Every time you use another stone to try again it'll replace the augments currently on the armor if you accept the changes.

Do you atleast get a confirmation to change or keep old stats or do they change automatically.
Yes! You can decide if you want to keep the current augments or go with the new ones.

I was looking at the Valorous Armor Set listed and was wondering what kind of augment combinations are possible and how hard/likely they are to get.
If you've got a decent stock of stones you can generally walk away with something useful before you run out.

[+]
 Asura.Mostro
user: krsnik
By Asura.Mostro 2016-02-11 08:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

Have any of you have augmented Arktoi JSE weapon? Is it worth it or are there still better choices (not including R/E/M) ?

Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-11 09:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mostro said: »
Hello everyone,

Have any of you have augmented Arktoi JSE weapon? Is it worth it or are there still better choices (not including R/E/M) ?

Thanks

Arktoi's final stats have Pet: +50atk(augment+base), +50acc and +3DA. It completely replaces Kerahcatl. On content where you NEED accuracy, it's the king. Not even Dirtbag can match it(Outside of maybe Dark Matter). It is absolutely worthwhile, it's one of the best ready move axes for Beastmaster period.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-11 09:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Digir's do have the advantage of -dt on them, so Arktoi is still an unleash only weapon mostly if the rest of your gear/jp's are top quality.

Nice weapon though.
 Asura.Mostro
By Asura.Mostro 2016-02-11 09:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh good to know, at least i have something to spend some plutons on lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-11 09:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Digir's do have the advantage of -dt on them, so Arktoi is still an unleash only weapon mostly if the rest of your gear/jp's are top quality.

Nice weapon though.

DT is a mostly irrelevant stat on a Ready macro piece. If the mob is doing AoE, you shouldn't be running in to do a ready move anyway. But everyone gets caught sometimes, so there is something to that.

Arktoi shines on 145 content, where you need all the accuracy you can get. Much in the same way that Aymur is BiS for ready moves when you DO NOT need accuracy, Arktoi is BiS when you DO. It's more than an Unleash Axe, it just isn't as useful on lower level content.
[+]
 Asura.Mostro
By Asura.Mostro 2016-02-11 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For the augmentation, i know i have to trade in 299 of any of the stones. Is there any specific condition for it? Like do it have to be plutons only or can i trade any other. BG-wiki is still not to accurate on this.

Thanks
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-11 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
interesting, so would it be possible to have a 119 aymur and a 123 one?
Probably not. That's been attempted with empyrean weapons in the past without success. In the case of a mythic, I'm not sure it'd even let you trade the same vigil weapon twice.

There's also the minor detail of mythics not working in the offhand...
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-11 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically I agree with you, but based on a lot of experience, in practice by the time you get to high end mobs that additional accuracy isn't that impactful. The gap widens to an extent that without RW you're always going to be struggling to connect, and as such keeping the pet alive is top priority.

PS. Just to clarify, I use Digir's with pet -dt for white damage phase and unleash/max acc situations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Saylor
user: Camolle
By Quetzalcoatl.Saylor 2016-02-11 10:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Using run wild as an excuse to not optimize your acc set is lazy. Unless you are using a basic gearswap and not switching axes between idle and ready, there is no reason not to use arktoi. The split second that you switch from idle to ready back to idle isn't enough to justify combining -dt and acc for ready imo.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-11 10:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
It says there are 5 slots. But which slot the augment goes to is random?
Store stones in Norg with Oseem. Trade armor to Oseem. Pick Melee or Familiar (for Valorous). Every time you use a stone it'll poop out up to several of those listed augments! The probability stuff is explained in the link you put there. For example:

So you can over right a stat you want to keep?
Yes! Every time you use another stone to try again it'll replace the augments currently on the armor if you accept the changes.

Do you atleast get a confirmation to change or keep old stats or do they change automatically.
Yes! You can decide if you want to keep the current augments or go with the new ones.

If you've got a decent stock of stones you can generally walk away with something useful before you run out.

Thank you for the info!

Additional question, when you use a stone for a new stat, does it re roll all the augmented stats on the piece, or just one slot?
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-11 10:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Saylor said: »
Using run wild as an excuse to not optimize your acc set is lazy. Unless you are using a basic gearswap and not switching axes between idle and ready, there is no reason not to use arktoi. The split second that you switch from idle to ready back to idle isn't enough to justify combining -dt and acc for ready imo.

Its not an excuse, and it sure as hell isn't lazyness. I wouldn't have made 2 Digir's if I thought acc wasn't valuable. However experience SINCE making them has indicated to me that situations where that additional accuracy is beneficial are few and far between.

Arktoi is from an outgoing stats perspective a slightly better version of an optimally augmented Digirbalag, and as such I remain skeptical that it would provide any situational benefit where the older weapon(s) wouldn't.

Lazy to me is not having at least a pair of Kumba's with +180 tp bonus (min) on them, and using them wherever possible.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 176 177 178