Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 176 177 178
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-03-28 10:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much any jug pet that can be called forth at level 119 is of situational value. The jugs sold in upper Jeuno are probably the most common seen today. I use the hell out of Randy (tiger- Razor fangs spam) and Patrick (Lizard - Brain Crush -> Tail Blow -> Fireball MB). I also keep an HQ Bertha around for Tegmina spam, and I only use that jug with bestial loyalty so I don't have to buy more.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2016-03-29 20:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some help with a beast gearswap. This is what I've used:

http://pastebin.com/SaGtwiJ0

The problem is, the Desultor Tassets don't seem to be swapping in, and I cant figure out why. I have the required Mote files and everything looks to be correct.

Also, the Nukumi Manoplas don't seem to swap in either.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-29 21:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said: »

The problem is, the Desultor Tassets don't seem to be swapping in, and I cant figure out why. I have the required Mote files and everything looks to be correct. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Are you using the /bstpet command? I think support for that command is still a work-in-progress.

In the meantime you might need to create a Ready precast equipset for your macro, and just let gearswap handle the pet_midcast/aftercast work.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2016-03-29 21:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

The problem is, the Desultor Tassets don't seem to be swapping in, and I cant figure out why. I have the required Mote files and everything looks to be correct. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Are you using the /bstpet command? I think support for that command is still a work-in-progress.

In the meantime you might need to create a Ready precast equipset for your macro, and just let gearswap handle the pet_midcast/aftercast work.

That was exactly it, thanks!

Would this explain why the Nukumi Manoplas doesnt swap in as well?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-30 04:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If everything else swaps in correctly, then this could be a separate issue. I assume you have the "Nukumi Manoplas +1" as listed in the lua, and they're in your active inventory/wardrobe.

The only thing that jumps out at me is this part of the pet_midcast section:
Code
    if buffactive['Unleash'] then
        hands="Regimen Mittens"
    end

I think it should read as:
Code
        equip({hands="Regimen Mittens"})
    end
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2016-03-30 18:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If everything else swaps in correctly, then this could be a separate issue. I assume you have the "Nukumi Manoplas +1" as listed in the lua, and they're in your active inventory/wardrobe.

The only thing that jumps out at me is this part of the pet_midcast section:
Code
        hands="Regimen Mittens"
    end

I think it should read as:
Code
        equip({hands="Regimen Mittens"})
    end

Thanks!

I took a look at another similar file, and it looks like my file was missing an entire section. it didn't have:
Code

if tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob == 'Warrior' then
                if pet.tp < 190 then
                        equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
                end
        elseif tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob ~= 'Warrior' then
                if pet.tp < 240 then
                        equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
                end
        end

So there was no logic to tell it to even use them.

Though I'm unsure of why it would only want to swap them in if tp was below a certain amount, i thought the TP bonus would be beneficial regardless of the pet's TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-03-30 19:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a look at another similar file, and it looks like my file was missing an entire section. So there was no logic to tell it to even use them.

There was a recent update where the pet.tp pointer exploded, so it was removed from the lua. You can try it out, but I have a feeling it'll cause errors during your midcast.

Though I'm unsure of why it would only want to swap them in if tp was below a certain amount, i thought the TP bonus would be beneficial regardless of the pet's TP.

Any TP Bonus beyond 3000 total is discarded, and when your Pet's TP is up near the ~2400 mark, you're basically capping out after things like Fencer get added in.

So during Unleash (or if your pet happens to gain an excessive amount of TP for whatever reason, i.e. Amnesia'd) you can use another piece of gear in the hands slot to increase Ready performance.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2016-03-30 19:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a look at another similar file, and it looks like my file was missing an entire section. So there was no logic to tell it to even use them.

There was a recent update where the pet.tp pointer exploded, so it was removed from the lua. You can try it out, but I have a feeling it'll cause errors during your midcast.

Any TP Bonus beyond 3000 total is discarded, and when your Pet's TP is up near the ~2400 mark, you're basically capping out after things like Fencer get added in.

So during Unleash (or if your pet happens to gain an excessive amount of TP for whatever reason, i.e. Amnesia'd) you can use another piece of gear in the hands slot to increase Ready performance.

Ahh, i forgot that 240 = 2400, that makes sense then. Thanks for all your help!

I did put the snippet in, and after adding in the variable it called for, it started working! Thanks again!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2016-04-01 22:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

fyi, this is fixed now. I mentioned it to Byrth and he pushed a fix out to the live version of windower.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-04-02 07:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi, this is fixed now. I mentioned it to Byrth and he pushed a fix out to the live version of windower.

Awesome...! :D

Big thanks to Byrth. <3
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-04-04 14:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Loved the jug pet info, I put it into a google sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p6zIU3Ga9qtDTjG-qB4LK1yuyhYrMdR40a1SwNBxF7k/edit?usp=sharing

Can download and sort etc... if anyone is interested. (please let me know if there's any errors, I tried to script most of it, but found an error or two and manually fixed).
 Ifrit.Fhqwghads
Server: Ifrit
user: Fhqwghads
By Ifrit.Fhqwghads 2016-04-06 08:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I logged in just to write this, and I don't think I've logged in here literally in years. This is, bar-none, the most amazing user-content provided guide I have ever seen for any class, on any game, on any website. You have done an absolutely fantastic job on this! If I was the FFXIAH people, I'd have paid you just for providing one of the best guides ever. Thank you so much for this! Has helped immensely with educating myself on how to play BST. I just got the job to 99 a couple of weeks to go, and a long way yet to be decent, but with this info you've laid out here I'm confident in what needs to be done to get there. Thanks again!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-04-06 09:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It really is an amazing guide. The best I've ever seen for any job in the game in terms of readability and content.

Speaking personally, I've used it to rehabilitate my BST from a good if dilapidated abyssea-era state, to a state where I'd feel comfortable to hang with anyone, anywhere.

Don't be afraid to investigate Falkirk's equally epic Gearswap script, its a lot of work to set-up and tweak (particularly until/if you get Aymur) but that process will stand you in good stead long-term.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-06 12:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that new cape going to be useful to us for Rewards or just for whatever "Spur" +10 means?

Maybe I'm.... I'm probably dumb/missing something, but isn't there already a Body/Feet combo that caps Reward with just that... not even counting Job Points etc?

Or should I think of it more as a put more reward on the Back slot, means you can put a MND piece somewhere else?
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-04-06 16:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seems the cape is of marginal value outside spur. It opens up a few options by swapping in reward which can already be capped elsewhere, the same with the haste aug I suppose, possibly worth grabbing the regen aug for pet idle set, if you make one of those. Acc/Att augs can already be matched for slot though, so I'm a little disappointed we didn't get anything of much significance.
By Xilk 2016-04-07 21:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

uhmm since you can put 3 augments on the capes, they are pretty awesome.

BEST in slot for magical ready moves
Could make best in slot for any WS...

regen 10 is pretty sweet also.

Plenty of combinations can be best in slot for bst back w/ Artio
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-04-08 01:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Is that new cape going to be useful to us for Rewards or just for whatever "Spur" +10 means?

Artio's Mantle is the new best-in-slot for Reward (with MND+20 augment) and Spur, yes.

As you noted, we are typically capped in Reward potency already from Body/Feet armor, so the Mantle isn't useful until you get the augment:

-----

As far as Spur goes, this brings our maximum bonus to +75.

Spur (+20)
skullrender (+15)
skullrender (+15)
nukumi ocreae +1 (+15)
Artio's mantle (+10)
= +75

BlackbeardRandy's base TP per hit is 95, so with Spur and all of this equipment, he gains:

95 * 1.75 = 166.25 TP per hit

Grumpy Cat said: »
Or should I think of it more as a put more reward on the Back slot, means you can put a MND piece somewhere else?

Edit: Excalin pointed out that you get more mileage from Reward by replacing the Ankusa Gaiters with the shukuyu sune-ate from Suzaku. This maintains the most possible healing power while also curing status ailments with the Jackcoat.

Reward: MND+240
ItemSet 308312

Kumbhakarna w/MND+17 (Duskdim)
Valorous Mitts w/MND+15 (Taupe Stone)
Artio's Mantle w/MND+30
-----

For my first BST Mantle, I went with this:

[+]
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-04-08 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Mag. Dmg +20 compare to the +12 MAB on argochampsa? I thought Mag Dmg was poor in comparison, so this would only make it BiS for MACC.

And the regen seemed meh, since I'd have to swap out the -5 DT on pastoralist in in order to use it during engagement, which makes it only useful for pet idle set... if my pet is idle I can stay him and regen his hp in big chunks anyway.

The WSD could be useful, if I engaged during battle, and didn't swap axes for reduced ready on charmers, which maybe I should do more often, it is what se wants me to do it seems.

Would rather have gotten a pet +1 lvl like the other pet jobs. Clearly I'm jealous of the nice capes they got, so it all seems poor in comparison.
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-04-08 19:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, let me rephrase the question, what combo of augs would make it best in slot for the most gear sets? I'm thinking MND, Mag. ACC/Mag Dmg, and WSD, would make it BiS for reward, Cloudsplitter, Primal Rend, possibly all other weaponskills (though it could be tailored to others better), and spur (goes without saying really). I miss out on the BiS Macc for pet though with this combo...

If I focused on pet alone pet MACC would work for one gearset, the dust augs without combining with others wouldn't be BiS for anything as far as I can tell and then the sap aug would probably be best used as pet haste, then I can cap haste while keeping more pet acc, pet attack and pet Dbl attack gear in one of the 5 main gear slots.

thoughts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-04-09 08:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
what combo of augs would make it best in slot for the most gear sets?

Highlighting some key choices:

Adbhaljs ThreadAdbhaljs DustAdbhaljs SapAdbhaljs Dye
HP (+60)Accuracy/Attack (+20)WS Damage (+10)HP (+20)
MP (+60)R.Acc/R.Attack (+20)Crit. Hit Damage (+10)MP (+20)
STR (+20)M.Acc/M.Damage (+20)Store TP (+10)STR (+10)
DEX (+20)Evasion/M.Eva (+20)Double Attack (+10)DEX (+10)
VIT (+20)Haste (+10)VIT (+10)
AGI (+20)Dual Wield (+10)AGI (+10)
INT (+20)Enmity (+10)INT (+10)
MND (+20)Enmity (-10)MND (+10)
CHR (+20)Snapshot (+10)CHR (+10)
Pet:Accuracy/Attack (+20)Magic Atk Bonus (+10)Accuracy (+10)
Pet:M.Acc/M.Damage (+20)Fast Cast (+10)Attack (+10)
Cure Potency (+10)Ranged Accuracy (+10)
Waltz Potency (+10)Ranged Attack (+10)
Pet:Regen (+10)Magic Accuracy (+10)
Pet:Haste (+10)Magic Damage (+10)
Evasion (+10)
Magic Evasion (+10)
Pet:Accuracy/R.Acc (+10)
Pet:Attack/R.Atk (+10)
Pet:M.Accuracy (+10)
Pet:M.Damage (+10)

Pet Gear Sets
Reward: MND+30
Pet Haste: Pet:Accuracy+20, Pet:Attack+30, Pet:Haste+10%
M.Acc Ready: Pet M.Accuracy+30, M.Damage+20

Master Gear Sets
Physical WS: STR+30 or DEX+30, Acc/Atk+20, WS DMG+10% or DA+10%
Magical WS: MND+30 or CHR+30, M.Acc/M.Damage+20, WS DMG+10%
TP: STR+30 or DEX+30, Acc/Atk+20, DA+10% or DW+10

Misc Gear Sets
Magic Evasion: INT+30, Eva/M.Eva+20
Spell Casting: Fast Cast+10% (w/M.Acc+30?)
Specialty: Cure Potency+10%, Waltz Potency+10%, Enmity+10, Pet:Regen+10

As you already mentioned, pastoralist's mantle essentially functions the same for anything Ready-related, so...
I like your idea of making it a Cloudsplitter piece, doubling as a Reward cape. If you're only intending to make one BST cape, this might be the winner.

Alternatively, the Pet Haste option isn't bad, and I can see it being useful under certain conditions - i.e. it's Content Level < 125ish, your pet isn't tanking, and you have an Aymur + max Spur gear (or Ready timers 15+ seconds long, because you're not swapping axes or have < 100 job points on BST). If it's safe to do so, this option increases Ready damage slightly when you're able to build sufficient TP in-between Ready moves (up to 700 TP for Aymur owners with a WAR pet, or 1000+ TP for non-Aymur BSTs).

TL;DR For anyone dedicated to optimizing every facet of their BST, there are quite a few BiS capes to make over the next few months. But generally, the improvements are minor so if you have other job priorities it's probably a better use of resources to max those capes first.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-09 19:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

for 'ready tp bonus+ ##' is there any benefit for it being exactly 1000+ over 950ish? With the empy hands at 600 and to tp axes can be auged to +200 each, it equals exactly 1000. If you have perfect tp augments. So would it actually be worth it to get perfect on those or would a +195 rly make no difference?
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-04-09 19:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that helps.

Last question, is it confirmed that every month when SE changes it up the new JSE gear will still be back slot? I don't know why, but I was thinking it could be a different slot, and next month could be JSE neck, waist, or totally awesome and be earrings or rings.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2016-04-10 23:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has SE changed the range of Spur/sic/ready? I have been noticing recently that when I need to keep a distance and let pet fight that I literally have to get right on my pet nearly to spur or use ready commands. I can run towards my pet and get a few yalms away, try to ready and run back and will get Vosslerr is too far away message. Its extremely annoying.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-04-11 00:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That was their bst nerf vossie
[+]
By Xilk 2016-04-11 11:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
Thanks, that helps.

Last question, is it confirmed that every month when SE changes it up the new JSE gear will still be back slot? I don't know why, but I was thinking it could be a different slot, and next month could be JSE neck, waist, or totally awesome and be earrings or rings.

SE has not published their plans for what gear will be released as part of Ambuscade in the future. So it is not confirmed.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-14 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Skullrender factor in to BST gearsets? What augment path would be best for them, I'm thinking C for ready, but I'm not really an avid BST user. I'm more asking for a friend who's too chicken to ask himself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-04-14 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
How does Skullrender factor in to BST gearsets? What augment path would be best for them, I'm thinking C for ready, but I'm not really an avid BST user. I'm more asking for a friend who's too chicken to ask himself.

It's a decent Ready axe, and you're right that path C would be best.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
for 'ready tp bonus+ ##' is there any benefit for it being exactly 1000+ over 950ish? With the empy hands at 600 and to tp axes can be auged to +200 each, it equals exactly 1000. If you have perfect tp augments. So would it actually be worth it to get perfect on those or would a +195 rly make no difference?

If you have Pet:TP Bonus+180 on your Skirmish axes, don't agonize too much over getting perfect augments (and with how rare TP bonus is, consider yourself fortunate).

As long as the Attack or Accuracy augment is decent (20+), it still has an advantage over most other Ready options.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-16 00:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a list or chart for the pet+pet skillchains anywhere? The list in the OP for axe+pet is nice, but im looking for pets rdy + pets rdy
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-04-16 01:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope this helps.

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-16 16:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

dont suppose there is a version of this that can be printed? I tried i few times with that image but the text is just to small, even stretched to a full page.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 176 177 178