Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 176 177 178
By BloodReign 2015-11-02 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is off topic, from recent discussions. But, as this is Bst forum, I'm sure someone has this answer. So, a linkshell member the other night tells me about how macroing in a leg piece to enhance your pets ability is useless. He said there is no need to use anything else in leg slot other than Ready delay pants. Am I missing something? Or is the guy a complete tool?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-02 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Does anybody know if Skullrender X2 will give Spur +30?

Yes.

BloodReign said: »
I know this is off topic, from recent discussions. But, as this is Bst forum, I'm sure someone has this answer. So, a linkshell member the other night tells me about how macroing in a leg piece to enhance your pets ability is useless. He said there is no need to use anything else in leg slot other than Ready delay pants. Am I missing something? Or is the guy a complete tool?

Because the Ready delay- takes effect during the precast, you can swap to another leg armor during midcast.
[+]
By BloodReign 2015-11-02 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was trying to explain to him. But he insisted I was incorrect. And that he knew what he was talking about, because he has been a Bst since the old charm days yada yada. I guess I was second guessing myself lol. Or floored at his stupidity. One of the two.
By Selindrile 2015-11-09 13:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is overstepping, I found your Bst gearswap extremely useful, but there's one little thing that jumped out at me when I was integrating it into my sets:

Can be:
Code
		if spell.english == 'Reward' then
			equip(sets.precast.JA.Reward[state.RewardMode.value])
        end

Which also means:

Can be:
Code
		if spell.english == 'Bestial Loyalty' or spell.english == 'Call Beast' then
				equip(sets.precast.JA['Bestial Loyalty'][state.JugMode.value])
		end

Saves you a crapton of lines, some processing, and is less painful to read and won't have to be updated when new pet food or pets come out, though yes the other sets still will. Though I see you changed it to prevent HQ pets if not using Loyalty, if you wanted to keep that, well you'd have to add part of it back in. Also I added:

Which will save you a macro slot by checking recasts and using Call Beast if Loyalty is on cooldown.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-09 23:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The movement of the front right legs of beetles has been increased.

Most important part of the update.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-10 03:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried out the range yet?
By jankenpoy 2015-11-10 07:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

curing waltz > pet! try this!!! /cheers!
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-11-10 08:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Conveniently, BST's Aeonic weapon is a shovel, that we may bury our hopes and dreams of recapturing the glory we held for a short while. ; ;

Granted, BST has always had its place among the best when used by the right player and has ALWAYS been misunderstood, but we all know we'll miss the little bit of time we were truly OP as fack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-10 08:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

jankenpoy said: »

Also working with cure spells. Not sure if other people can target them for this or not. Is this a bug? If so, noone report it >.>
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-11-10 08:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Also working with cure spells. Not sure if other people can target them for this or not. Is this a bug? If so, noone report it >.>

Putting it public like this is tantamount to firing a flare in the air for Draylo...
[+]
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-11-10 08:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »

Conveniently, BST's Aeonic weapon is a shovel, that we may bury our hopes and dreams of recapturing the glory we held for a short while. ; ;

Granted, BST has always had its place among the best when used by the right player and has ALWAYS been misunderstood, but we all know we'll miss the little bit of time we were truly OP as fack.

BST is still amazingly powerful its just being played by skilled players which is better than the bandwagon groupies IMHO.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-11-10 08:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keido said: »
BST is still amazingly powerful its just being played by skilled players which is better than the bandwagon groupies IMHO.

Am not/can not deny that. BST was my baby for years. I only recently let it go when it became way too dependent on the grind. (Going through a divorce has a way of chopping down one's time to play.) I was hoping the addition of a new class of legendary weapon would motivate me to get back into it, but sadly, Tri-edge failed me in that.
By Xilk 2015-11-10 15:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru and Jakanpov
it is almost certainly a bug. if you want to keep it secret redact the posts asap. Frankly, I see little chance of this not getting fixed pretty soon.
By Draylo 2015-11-10 15:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »

Putting it public like this is tantamount to firing a flare in the air for Draylo...

Hmm?
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-10 18:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How did you get past the killer lasers, Draylo? lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-11-12 08:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With this double CP campaign going on..whats some bst friendly AOE spots?
By Felgarr 2015-11-12 23:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about trying to pop Plouton using BST pet skillchains instead of SAM :

• On elementals, perform skillchains and magic burst without killing them five times.

• Perform a 6-step skillchain: e.g. A Samurai with Soboro Sukehiro can do Tachi: Jinpu six times.

• Kill five or more elementals with magic damage.

I don't know if BST can perform a 6-step skill chain, but what pet SC + MB can work here? (Let's say that the BST cannot get involved.

It may be difficult, but has anyone tried this?

Thank you!
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-11-12 23:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Warlike Patrick with Brain Crush -> Tail Whip -> Fireball.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-11-12 23:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ghanni said: »
Warlike Patrick with Brain Crush -> Tail Whip -> Fireball.

Thank you sir!
By Jadey 2015-11-13 11:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What pet/trust combinations would you recommend for each stage of Sinister Reign solo attempts now that the minimum entry number has been removed?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-13 13:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I was thinking about trying to pop Plouton using BST pet skillchains instead of SAM :

• On elementals, perform skillchains and magic burst without killing them five times.

• Perform a 6-step skillchain: e.g. A Samurai with Soboro Sukehiro can do Tachi: Jinpu six times.

I don't know if BST can perform a 6-step skill chain, but what pet SC + MB can work here? (Let's say that the BST cannot get involved.

Thank you!

We exclusively pop Plouton with Beastmasters. If you watch one of our Plouton videos, you can see how we do it.
By Felgarr 2015-11-14 08:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

We exclusively pop Plouton with Beastmasters. If you watch one of our Plouton videos, you can see how we do it.

Can you link me? I did a quick search on youtube and couldn't tell which video was you or your group.

Edit #1: Is this it? It looks like Failkirk is in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzRu4qrnyI

Edit#2: Does a pet death count as a death to make plouton leave?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-14 09:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the new Escha Reisenjima zone drops, there are many new Best-in-slot items (and a few side-grades).

Accessories

deino collar - Drops from Sabotender Royal (T1 Cactuar NM).

pemphredo tathlum - Drops from Sarsaok (T2 Behemoth NM).

asklepian belt - Drops from Belphegor (T1 Corse NM).

solemnity cape - Drops from Quetzalcoatl (Reisenjima Domain Invasion).

Valorous Armor Set

valorous mask - Drops from Sang Buaya (T1 Bugard NM).

valorous mail - Drops from Yakshi (T3 Yggdreant NM).

valorous mitts - Drops from Mauve-wristed Gomberry (T1 Tonberry NM).

valorous hose - Drops from Taelmoth the Diremaw (T1 Soulflayer NM).

valorous greaves - Drops from Golden Kist (T1 Mimic).

With luck and patience you can cut down on the number of Skirmish pieces you carry.

These potentially outclass a lot of Emicho+1 options as well...
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-11-14 11:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow! Those are great augs. Can the master get mab+40 on those as well? And has anyone checked the ranges on bst lately? I've been too disgusted to change. x.x
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-11-14 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure about the master being able to hit MAB+40; on the Melee path I can't say I've beaten anything higher than 20. On the Familiar path, the only master stats I've seen load are the third set of augments (the three types are Attribute, Atk/Acc, and... Augment, I like to call it, ironically), which covers things like STP and DA. So far those are the only two I've seen in my testing on Valorous Mask, but I'm sure there's a few others that will pop up as I continue to burn stones to find augment caps.

That being said, I've had some nice combinations I've turned down as well because I have a good melee Valorous set that I don't want to give up. :< Acc+26, Atk+36, WSD+4% is just too good, haha.

Also I agree with you Falkirk, the Mimic mostly sucks. :< Thankfully Geo's Vex/Attunement combo can neuter Death Trap, but even so... on that note, have you tried soloing these yet? I'm considering trying a few with Trusts simply because the cost is all of 432 sparks per pop, and I'd like to be able to farm a few pieces if I'm able. T1s are probably possible for at least a few cases, I'm sure.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-15 12:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Looking at the new Escha zone drops, there are many new Best-in-slot items (and a few side-grades).

Accessories

deino collar - Drops from Sabotender Royal (T1 Cactuar NM).

pemphredo tathlum - Drops from Sarsaok (T2 Behemoth NM).

asklepian belt - Drops from Belphegor (T1 Corse NM).

solemnity cape - Drops from Quetzalcoatl (Reisenjima Domain Invasion).

Valorous Armor Set

valorous mask - Drops from Sang Buaya (T1 Bugard NM).

valorous mail - Drops from Yakshi (T3 Yggdreant NM).

valorous mitts - Drops from Mauve-wristed Gomberry (T1 Tonberry NM).

valorous hose - Drops from Taelmoth the Diremaw (T1 Soulflayer NM).

valorous greaves - Drops from Golden Kist (T1 Mimic).

With luck and patience you can cut down on the number of Skirmish pieces you carry.

These potentially outclass a lot of Emicho+1 options as well...

how do augments on the new escha gear work? One line of augs per stone like skirmish2 augs?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-15 12:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

guess it doesnt rly count as an 'escha' tho
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-15 14:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

Can you link me? I did a quick search on youtube and couldn't tell which video was you or your group.

Edit #1: Is this it? It looks like Failkirk is in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzRu4qrnyI

Edit#2: Does a pet death count as a death to make plouton leave?

That video is just the fight, and is one of the instances we did it without PUP tank.

BP vs Plouton

This video is a cleaner version and goes from beginning to end. You'll see everything except for the last group of elementals that get killed. SC requirement is done with alternating Spiral Spin and Mandible Bite. MB is done with Sickle Slash, Spiral Spin, Acid Spray. Magic kills are done with Fireball (not seen in the video). Pet death does not count for making Plouton warp.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 176 177 178