Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 175 176 177
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-11-15 17:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Sabotender Royal. Dropped Deino collar - ACC +10 Pet: M.acc/M.att +7
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-15 18:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadey said: »
What pet/trust combinations would you recommend for each stage of Sinister Reign solo attempts now that the minimum entry number has been removed?

I'm curious about this too. Been so busy with Reisenjima stuff, haven't had a chance to fully explore the possibilities... I hear most folks have no trouble with Round 1, but encountering Teodor or Rosulatia in Round 2 spells trouble.

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
... on that note, have you tried soloing these yet? I'm considering trying a few with Trusts simply because the cost is all of 432 sparks per pop, and I'd like to be able to farm a few pieces if I'm able. T1s are probably possible for at least a few cases, I'm sure.

I think Selkit (Scorpion), Sang Buaya (Bugard), and Belphegor (Corse) are quite easy. Crom Dubh and Taelmoth might be alright if tank trusts can survive. Let us know how that goes!

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do augments on the new escha gear work? One line of augs per stone like skirmish2 augs?

Kensagaku started a really good thread on BG that's exploring the new augment system - you can check it out here if you haven't already. :)
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-11-19 11:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to find a gearswap that allows me too switch into -sic/ready gear and before the pet moves goes off puts me in stats gear for pet...is it possible?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-19 14:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Trinironnie said: »
Trying to find a gearswap that allows me too switch into -sic/ready gear and before the pet moves goes off puts me in stats gear for pet...is it possible?

Here's a nice one that Beazt put together.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-20 16:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated to include Level 1 properties. Couldn't find the old post, but it's a quick reference for ready move properties. Under each skillchain(s) are the ready moves by property that can be used to make. Easier than scrolling up and down a large list of pets to find the properties. Also, a blown up image of Falkirk's Bestiary section because reasons.

Skillchains/Properties

Bestiary
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2015-11-21 15:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow BSTs, here is a question regarding the new valorous gear:

Im currently using acro body/legs/feet with acc/DA of em for my ready moves (thought about having emicho pieces but i need the acc for the events i do lately), here is my question: with the options valorous gives regarding acc and att, is it worth it to sacrifice DA in place of having these stats (at least +25 on each) for physical ready moves?

Im almost sold on the posibilities because those 2 stats can go pretty high (and just having these 3 pieces replaced with valorous @25 acc/att would boost my overall pet attack a good chunk) but would like to know more points of view before i invest my time/gil on these pieces.

Thanks!

(i use emicho head and af3 gloves on the other 2 slots in case the question comes up)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-21 16:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Hello fellow BSTs, here is a question regarding the new valorous gear:

If you're lucky, there's actually a slim chance to roll a Double Attack (or Crit/DA) augment in combination with Attack/Accuracy.

But don't feel too bad about losing Pet:Double Attack. Its contribution to overall damage is extremely minimal compared to Attack and Accuracy, especially on high level targets.
[+]
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2015-11-24 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I unleash zerg the other t2s in ruann as easy as the demon? I haven't tried them yet and was curious on any advice. Am a little late to the party and trying to get caught up
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-11-24 18:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is a solid DD on everything in Ru'Aun barring Vir'ava due to its insane evasion. Not tested BST vs Kirin and WoC yet, but I suspect they may be problematic.

Quite a few gimmick fights there requiring a real tank though, so make sure you read up before trying them.

Truth of the matter is that some NM's are just a lot less hassle with a nuking strategy however.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-24 21:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd issue with the .lua on OP and the new one you posted there as far as precast goes.

It's almost as if this line is not working to equip charmer's or legs

if spell.type == "Monster" then

Even if I do something as simple as only that rule and nothing further like:

equip(sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyRecast)
end

It does nothing. If I change Monster to say "PetCommand" and do Fight, it equips that set just fine.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-25 17:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it. Had to do a lot of hunting to find /console gs c ready one/two/three

Should update the OP to help others who might struggle
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-11-25 18:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
It's almost as if this line is not working to equip charmer's or legs

That's strange, it works fine for me... All of the Pet Ready moves are classified as Monster spells in the resources, so it's technically correct.

If that still isn't working - as an alternative - you can set it up like this:
Got it. Had to do a lot of hunting to find /console gs c ready one/two/three

Sorry, yes, it's taken from Bomberto's post here.

Should update the OP to help others who might struggle

Will do, thanks for the feedback. :)
By Bamboom 2015-11-27 23:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just reached lvl 99 and I had a few questions about gearing bst. I love how the guide is maintained but I just wanted to see if I can get some answers before I start augmenting skirmish gear.

So I see attack/acc and maattack/macc both cant be on the same piece of gear(aside from new gear). Should I focus on just acc/magic acc sets for now and wait until I get new gear or should I try to make 4 sets for different situations?

I grinded cp pretty quickly on my blm on umbrils/acuexes, should I do the same for bst or is it better to start out AoE farming?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-30 07:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Hey guys, I just reached lvl 99 and I had a few questions about gearing bst. I love how the guide is maintained but I just wanted to see if I can get some answers before I start augmenting skirmish gear.

So I see attack/acc and maattack/macc both cant be on the same piece of gear(aside from new gear). Should I focus on just acc/magic acc sets for now and wait until I get new gear or should I try to make 4 sets for different situations?

I grinded cp pretty quickly on my blm on umbrils/acuexes, should I do the same for bst or is it better to start out AoE farming?

What I did was get a mab/ magic accuracy set to start farming cap points on acuexs get it high enough where I can kill them in 2 fireballs. If u want u can also work on attack/accuracy set for aoe reisenjima areas (tegmina buffet) but need high enough attack where u can kill in 2 tegmina buffets. Lotta mobs seems to resist fire over there but u can farm slits and cap points at once. can use skirmish gear or valorous gears from new area whichever u can get easier.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-30 07:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be silly question.

Is 1 strength greater than 1 attack for stuff like tegmina buffet and razor fang?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-30 12:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Might be silly question.

Is 1 strength greater than 1 attack for stuff like tegmina buffet and razor fang?

I vaguely remember testing out pet ready moves with Falk and we found that Ready moves do not have stat mods on them, meaning the only benefit from STR was from the attack it gave. Since 1 STR doesn't equal 1 attack, I'd say there is never a situation where STR is more valuable than attack for Ready Moves, but Falkirk or Beaztmaster can probably answer that question better than I can.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-01 02:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bertha/Xerin are absurd for physical cleaving and Ken and Patrick are fantastic for magic. This, of course, assumes decent gearing towards those two purposes, but BST remains the arguably best cleaving job.
[+]
 Asura.Chaosblast
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaosblast 2015-12-01 09:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, if you are after Valorous Greaves and can't do SC/MB setup, you can kill it with a well geared BST w/ revitalizers. I took off about 70% with first unleash (only 20k per hit because he takes 50% melee damage. Normally my tegimas hit other T1s for 40k). Recommended setup is GEO x2, (vex/attune to prevent stuns) WHM (Misery + esuna to remove poison and curaga spam) PLD, COR, BST. Vid below.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jadey 2015-12-01 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Puk/Shadow Dragon area of Zi'Tah still the optimal spot for safe solo cleaving or has somewhere in Reisenjima surpassed it?
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-12-01 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend usually does BSTx2 PLD and w.e else in Reisenjima for great cp.
 Asura.Chaosblast
By Asura.Chaosblast 2015-12-02 01:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My recommendation for solo cleaving is still puk/dragons. Keep in mind its really nice to get your killcount up higher to hit that 20k revitalizer mark.

If you are strictly looking for solo CP, I recommend #5 in Reisen, but focusing down single targets instead of cleaving. Reisen mobs hit a bit too hard to gather safely. Ideally you will want to be able to 2shot the wasps (perhaps with patricks brain crush > tail blow SC+). If you can reliably 2shot them, I found these to be more efficient CP wise than solo zitah (espeically since it was usually crowded there and hard to pull a nice train).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-02 03:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend recently returned in game and is gathering gear (Despair, some Acro etc.) I would love to give him some suggestions but I retired my BST long ago so I need to ask here before I can pass to him!

1) derp-edit

2) Other than Charmer's Merlin and augmented Shantotto pants, which other items are vital? Which should he prioritize getting before starting fine-tuning? (think he already has the Kupo helm with Pet Haste and Pet DT, that's still relevant I thought?)

3) Are there some sidegrade/decent options that do not require Eschalixir/Random augments? Thinking about Wisent Kecks for instance.
 Asura.Chaosblast
By Asura.Chaosblast 2015-12-02 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1. I personally use Randy/Bertha the most depending on how much AOE'ing I will be doing. Sometimes I'll also consider using other mobs and consult the the weakness chart.
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Beast_Strength_Chart
Having a strong DT set for pet is very important for sure. Items like handler's earrings, Astolfo, Izizoeksi, Pastoralit's Mantle are some of the ones I'd prioritize and if gil isn't an issue you can certainly get some good DT augments on skirmish gear.

My guess though is that his reward set is severely lacking. Ankusa Trousers +1 and stout bonnet reduce your reward recast by a huge amount and it is not too difficult to cap potency at 50% and stack some MND. I'd also recommend some merits to reduce this time even further, and there are other pieces that remove some status ailments as well. All in all, your reward recast should be about ~1 min and should heal your pet for roughly 70% of its hp (~3500). This is HUGE for overall pet survivability.

2. Other than the two items listed, make sure he gets 100 CP asap to get an additional 5s off ready timer. Pet haste is nice for getting higher TP for ready moves, but not something that should be prioritized. Damage wise, I'd prioritize Nukumi Manoplas +1 (TP bonus in general is a big dmg boost), and then grab a pair of wisent kecks/despair helm which are decently easy to farm. Other than that, its mainly upgrading from alluvion augmented gear to valorous on helm/legs/feet. Acc augments will be more important to begin with until they accumulate more job point ACC gifts.

3. Despair helm / wisent kecks come to mind. Despair pants aren't terrible either. There are a few AF / Empy / Relic that have PDT and other pet stats that are okay in the meantime.

Hopefully this is helpful!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-02 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely helped a lot, thanks Chaosblast!
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-12-02 11:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So looks like Aymur will end up being 200ish after a 40+ damage bump plus the magic stats with whatever they got planned for REM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-02 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
So looks like Aymur will end up being 200ish after a 40+ damage bump plus the magic stats with whatever they got planned for REM.

That magic damage will be nice for Primal Rend. On that note, Farsha might not be a total piece of ***anymore for Cloudsplitter based fun. Considering the extreme tilt towards magic damage, I think BSTs might want to start looking into using the two incredibly potent magic WS they are given. You are most likely /rdm or /whm at this point anyway, so you can take advantage of Fencer. Siviard posted in the fencer build section of WAR what is possible without an insane setup. Considering BSTs can fulltime rotate Killer Instinct, and that they have a shitton of gear with accuracy on it, I think we are looking at an age where there will be times to chose between focusing on pet damage vs. master damage.

It's important to remember that when we first started killing Tojil with Beastmasters, the go-to strategy for dealing with the first 75% of his hp was to close a Darkness with Cloudsplitter. It chomped off nearly 25% of his health in one shot when we first started doing it. Now that our gear/buffs have increased so dramatically, I wonder what we can accomplish. Since we want to use Primal Rend anyway to maintain AM3(for mythic holders), I'm willing to bet it's time to start looking more at using pets in support positions.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-12-02 13:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »

That magic damage will be nice for Primal Rend. On that note, Farsha might not be a total piece of ***anymore for Cloudsplitter based fun. Considering the extreme tilt towards magic damage, I think BSTs might want to start looking into using the two incredibly potent magic WS they are given. You are most likely /rdm or /whm at this point anyway, so you can take advantage of Fencer. Siviard posted in the fencer build section of WAR what is possible without an insane setup. Considering BSTs can fulltime rotate Killer Instinct, and that they have a shitton of gear with accuracy on it, I think we are looking at an age where there will be times to chose between focusing on pet damage vs. master damage.

It's important to remember that when we first started killing Tojil with Beastmasters, the go-to strategy for dealing with the first 75% of his hp was to close a Darkness with Cloudsplitter. It chomped off nearly 25% of his health in one shot when we first started doing it. Now that our gear/buffs have increased so dramatically, I wonder what we can accomplish. Since we want to use Primal Rend anyway to maintain AM3(for mythic holders), I'm willing to bet it's time to start looking more at using pets in support positions.

I already enjoy that for piddle ***like the dragons. AM3 it up in DT gear and just spam. I'd really enjoy it if primal rend would match CDC output though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-12-02 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If nothing else Falk can take pride that his maxed out Farsha is BIS for reward. We can call it Rewarsha.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-12-02 13:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you see that screenshot of that 99k darkness from Cloudsplitter?
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 175 176 177