Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 175 176 177
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-20 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
The range update was an excellent solution to what was undeniably a severe balance issue. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just butthurt about no longer being able to easily circumvent mob mechanics. BST is still able to do some decent damage and still has a defensive edge vs regular melee jobs.

This is a beastmaster guide forum. If you not asking for advice or giving advice please don't post here. It clutters up the space.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-09-21 19:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone describe which pets work best in the new Dawn and (Omega/Ultima) high-tier fights?

I've done Omega/Ultimate and I noticed, Bird-Jesus is terrible, Lizard is OK ...but redolentCandi seems to be the sweet-spot, with Tickling Tendrils.

Thoughts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-09-23 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this work to modify the Reward subroutine to use axes in petonly?

if spell.english == 'Reward' then
if state.RewardMode.value == 'Theta' then
equip(sets.precast.JA.Reward.Theta)
elseif state.RewardMode.value == 'Zeta' then
equip(sets.precast.JA.Reward.Zeta)
elseif state.RewardMode.value == 'Eta' then
equip(sets.precast.JA.Reward.Eta)
end
if state.PetMode.value == 'PetOnly' then
equip(sets.RewardAxes)
end

end
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-23 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Code
        equip(sets.RewardAxes)
    end

Yes. :)

And you can take it one step further to account for single or dual-wield:
Code
        if player.sub_job == 'NIN' or player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
            equip(sets.RewardAxesDW)
        else
            equip(sets.RewardAxe)
        end
    end

sets.RewardAxe can then include some sort of MND+ Shield.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-09-25 17:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Code
        equip(sets.RewardAxes)
    end

Yes. :)

And you can take it one step further to account for single or dual-wield:
Code
        if player.sub_job == 'NIN' or player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
            equip(sets.RewardAxesDW)
        else
            equip(sets.RewardAxe)
        end
    end

sets.RewardAxe can then include some sort of MND+ Shield.

Alluv Skrimish axe augmented with MND > Vag Dagger > 99 Trial Axe (Mnd) (OH)> Matamata_Shield +1

I think I need to add a /lockstyleset toggle to my profile....
By Xilk 2015-09-28 15:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone updated DPS spreadsheet to include pets?

I don't see it on Byrth's google Doc's spreadsheet.

If not, I think I have myself a project...
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-09-29 02:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If more people can post pet recommendations for new high-tier fights, I would greatly appreciate it. (I've been using safe NM jug pets or fighting Normal/Easy to avoid losing).

Omega/Ultima, anyone?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-29 07:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been my experience so far...

One to be Feared: Omega/Ultima

It's possible for BlackbeardRandy to survive on Normal mode, but AlluringHoney is a good defensive option for higher difficulties. AmiableRoche (with Water Wall) has really good tanking ability too.

Regarding subjobs, Utsusemi will soak up Guided Missile (O) and Equalizer (U), but you'll be susceptible to Hyper Pulse (O) which is massive damage + bind. If you don't mind being /mage, you can maintain Stoneskin for the times you get hit by AoE, and then Cure + Snarl your enmity away.

Dawn: Promathia

There's a lot of darkness damage in this fight and you'll need to turtle up to survive the AoEs. Using RedolentCandi/AlluringHoney will allow you to focus less on your pet's survival so you can maintain decent Master DT-.

I like to /run for this fight - keep Lux runes up and use Vallation. If you're solo/lowman with Amchuchu tanking, she'll also use Lux/Valiance for further protection. Buff yourself in-between Ready charges with stuff like Shell, Aquaveil, Bar- spells, etc to reduce the likelihood of Empty Salvation dispelling your elemental defense boosts.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-10-06 19:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can you set up a preready set in a macro (not using third pt tools)?
i had tried
/equipset prerdy
/pet "ability" <me>
/equipset rdyset <wait 2>
/equipset Petpdt-
but im not sure thats working as intended.
 Odin.Tuis
user: Tuisodin
By Odin.Tuis 2015-10-07 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You need <wait 1> after /pet "ability" <me>
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-10-07 12:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ill try that. When i made that macro i assumed that a <wait 1> after the ability might be to long for the switch to happen and still be in time for the rdy calc
By Bomberto 2015-10-12 08:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back after a few months and finally solo'd Vemosia with trusts for my Wisent Kecks(and chanters shield as I got both on the same kill). Did it with Blackbeard Randy and Amchuchu, Zeid II, Selh'teus, Koru-Moru, and Apururu (UC). Amchuchu tanks it fairly well, the only things that get scary are seedspray doing almost 2k damage and the AoE silence of the WHM running out of MP. Zeid II is pretty decent at stuns which give your trusts a lot of breathing room, and Selh'Teus is great for that AoE HP/MP up move that works even when silenced. Koru-Moru is there to keep Zeid hasted for more stuns, debuffs, back up heals, and refreshing your trusts. Apururu basically cannot run out of MP and I pretty much switched to her unity just because all the other WHMs I tried couldn't cut it and ran out of MP at some point leaving Amchuchu to die alone.

Also make sure you try and wear full 119 the whole fight, the only time my ilvl would drop was when I switched to desultor's for ready, and even then it was just for half a second. Try and position Amchuchu inbetween a wall and the NM so seedspray doesn't annihilate the other trusts. It can get pretty hairy at times so try not to get caught swapping into the pants for ready when Vemosia is about to WS, dropping your ilvl means one TP move puts Amchuchu in the red or the AoE silence lasting long enough to get people killed. Also try to reposition your tiger and yourself to the other side of the monster and absolutely make sure you are 11' away from her so you don't get charmed. I'd suggest not standing in a line directly behind your tiger either as if Amchuchu dies or your tiger pulls hate, you'll get hit with a 1.8k seedspray and die like I did. Just being a little off to the side keeps you from taking full damage and able to survive in regular 119 gear. Familiar helps a lot (obviously, as well as all those delicious gifts) but if thing a go smoothly you won't need unleash or run wild, but if Amchuchu does die don't hesitate to pop them both. Tiger with good pet gear makes it short work, but Vemosia will also kill him back incredibly fast due to all the DoTs so if your pet has to finish off the fight tanking bring a few Mulsums and be liberal with the pet food. Current gear is basic pet ready equipment augmented with pet accuracy +20~ (except pants hence why I'm doing Vemosia) using Akamocchi and standard Pet PDT -4 DT a piece. Aymur + Kerecahtl for ready moves, izozoeksi + pet PDT astolfo for idle, switching to charmer/desultor's for ready. About 259 JP at that time so with those better gifts I'm sure this fight goes really fast.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Also just realized that the Trust Campaign is going on at the moment and they all have 50% more HP. I now feel way less badass, and not sure if this is doable outside that event. Most damage I saw from seedspray was 2000 damage so it probably will be cutting it really close, possibly a different tank like August or Gessho would work.
[+]
By Xilk 2015-10-15 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking at Nukumi Cabasset +1

Enhances Monster correlation effects +24

Has anyone tested this?

I'm thinking I'll prioritize this for an upgrade unless someone else checks first.

As I recall from old testing... we didn't find any damage bonus from monster correlation effects, just a standard 5% intimidation rate. I don't recall any numbers for Ferine Cabasset /+1/+2 for how much it increases intimidation rate....

However, Nukumi gives an actual value: +24
I'm hoping that means it intimidates +24% of the time which would be 29% iirc.

If pet is tanking, and correlation active.. I think this would be superior to Anwig Salade for pet tank set w/ favorable correlation.

Shucks, if pet is the target of an AoE it can be intimidated. Thats a HUGE boon... but its just my wishful thinking at this point. I don't have a parser setup currently. I guess I could go test ferine cabasset +2.... I kinda feel like it was a a minimial 1~2% improvement.. I can't find any numbers on it though.

Anyway, just checking if anyone tested it.

(just reviewed some of the old testing thread. did you confirm attack+ on pet correlation/ferine cabasset +2? yeah, there appears to be an attack bonus. did anyone ever get a hard number on it?)
By Bomberto 2015-10-16 09:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember they concluded with the +2 pets were getting 20 accuracy and ~100 attack, but they essential guesstimated that 100 attack from the data that showed it could be 70+. Either way there was a bonus to the pets damage but it wasn't clear if it was +attack or +damage%

I'm unsure how you can go about testing it but I'd assume it would have +24 accuracy for the 119 (+22 for 109) and who knows for the attack since it won't show up in checkparam. You could find out if it's % damage or +attack/%attack by using some magic ready moves.
By Xilk 2015-10-16 09:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bomberto said: »
would have +24 accuracy for the 119 (+22 for 109) and who knows for the attack since it won't show up in checkparam. You could find out if it's % damage or +attack/%attack by using so
I reread the testing on it. It has to be attack+ not damage+
Damage plus would not have jumped tiers in small increments It would have been a clear % increase. It is likely an attack% increase.

However, I'm less concerned with the specific attack/acc at present. I'm more interested in intimidation rate.

I setup kparser.. but I feel like I don't have the correct memloc.
I'll bug some other forums trying to get it working.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-10-16 15:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
As I recall from old testing... we didn't find any damage bonus from monster correlation effects, just a standard 5% intimidation rate. I don't recall any numbers for Ferine Cabasset /+1/+2 for how much it increases intimidation rate....

My testing from a few years ago on Ferine Cabasset +2 showed no intimidation rate increase (was still ~5% with the helmet on), and also confirms there's no direct Damage+ bonus. ; ;

Fairly certain the reforged version follows the pattern with Accuracy+24 and Attack+X%.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-10-19 01:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got back to game this week, and was wondering for BST what's a good way to gain job points? I think a few people talked about pulling mobs in escha zones and aoeing everything down.
By geigei 2015-10-19 02:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo escha is not the best cp place, for any job. Is more like a bonus while doing slit or w/e. Yes, good bst can oneshot huge train but you need a puller, solo is just a waste of time.
Stik to gate areas, i liked sih doing umbril/dullaham but you need a magic set for fireball.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-10-19 10:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i should of said i haven't played in 2yrs so gates areas and sih is confusing to me but i shall do some research!
By Xilk 2015-10-19 18:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how long you been gone/what changed...
but I just found out about the capacity point bonus from Records of Eminence > Content > Reives

first time completion for lair/colonization/wildskeeper reives RoE quests can get you a total of ~ +54% capacity points.

Then there are aptitude mantles and I think i read you can get augmented mantles from a Velkk chest that are better than the aptitude mantles for capacity point +

also trust: kupofried... though this seems to need a certain event to come back....

after that, sure, go kill whatever stuff you like. I think Old style XP parties on levil 125+ mobs nets alot of CP... but thats not solo. might need the rights trusts to do it solo.
By Bomberto 2015-10-22 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you have an EXP or Capacity ring bonus active, Qultada the COR trust will give you Corsair's roll for even more exp/cp.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-10-25 15:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best pet damage wise for CP party?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-10-25 17:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go with Patrick or Xerin/Bertha unless I'm part of an Apex mob party where I'd be setting up skillchains.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Selenius
Server: Ragnarok
user: Selenius
By Ragnarok.Selenius 2015-11-02 03:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1295] Job Adjustments
The following jobs will undergo adjustments.
Beastmaster
When using a pet command, the target will be the pet rather than the player.]

After new job changes from next update, which will be the macro to do "ready or sic" in our pet?

/bstpet 1 <pet> ??
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-02 07:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Selenius said: »
[dev1295] Job Adjustments
The following jobs will undergo adjustments.
Beastmaster
When using a pet command, the target will be the pet rather than the player.]

After new job changes from next update, which will be the macro to do "ready or sic" in our pet?

/bstpet 1 <pet> ??

Word on the street is that you can use either one. <pet> or <me> should work.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-11-02 14:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know if Skullrender X2 will give Spur +30?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-02 14:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Does anybody know if Skullrender X2 will give Spur +30?

I'm not 100 percent sure but that's a good question. I am also wondering if skull render is even worth it. Drop rate is atrocious consider quite a few other items might drop in its place.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 175 176 177