Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 176 177 178
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-14 22:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
How do you guys deal with Escha Zitah Nosoi T2 bird and his bio aura? I was adviced to go with nuking party but I have scarce ressources in that department, any pet strat for it?

From what I remember I did it once for clear, we just threw tiger and alluring honey at it. I went into the fight blind and just threw pets at it. Think it was like 4 bstmasters. There was some pet dying but overall I was 1/1. Then after that 3 pixies pop and we couldn't hit it without geo and cor and then need to run away as they can't kill us and we can't kill them. Lol
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-09-14 23:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
How do you guys deal with Escha Zitah Nosoi T2 bird and his bio aura? I was adviced to go with nuking party but I have scarce ressources in that department, any pet strat for it?

I have been trioing this NM regularly for a friend (4th is thf sometimes if available), the shield does not want to drop for us. BST BST GEO & THF for TH only.

Familiar right away - make sure you have both temp pet HP restore items from escha. After you have popped and engaged pet (Tiger) - use Run Wild + Spur + Unleash. Spam razor until dead.

When pet under 50% use reward. After that, next time pet under 50% use first temp pet HP item. Then 2nd as needed. Use reward at the very end if necessary and its not dead yet.

Been using MMM to reset 1 hours.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-15 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo using which bubbles for your setup?
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-09-16 01:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

geo defense down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-16 01:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ready range is weird as hell. LOOKS like it's about 11ish yalms? It's close enough that you'll be super dead if you don't play smart. It's probably not viable for a bandwagon player anymore, but it's still fine for experienced Beastmasters.
 Shiva.Mulitus
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-09-16 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

new range looks to be 7 7.5 mulitus is out of range
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-16 01:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very happy.
[+]
 Shiva.Mulitus
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-09-16 01:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you must like rng
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-16 01:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, got an exceptionally-geared BST but I hate playing it because I'm lumped into the bandwagon automatically. I'm definitely elitist, but I sure don't enjoy being asked if I have my ready recast axe and legs in every shout I join. Now maybe BST will stop being the hip thing and we'll get some separation from casual players.
[+]
 Shiva.Mulitus
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-09-16 01:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with you but the new thing now will be the old rng rng rng rng pld whm .

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-09-16 02:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Shiva.Mulitus said: »

No one is going to shout for RNGs to Sinister Reign...

Well, certainly no one is going to shout for BST either after tonight. I can definitely see RNG strategy becoming a thing now for Sinister Reign.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-16 02:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Well, certainly no one is going to shout for BST either after tonight. I can definitely see RNG strategy becoming a thing now for Sinister Reign.

Just gotta use a bit more strategy, but Sinister Reign has always been pretty melee friendly. SS Arciela will be dangerous as ***, and probably Saajakaa, and Darculin... BUT ASIDE FROM THOSE >.>
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2015-09-16 02:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Only NM that could give u trouble is the dragon T3 and u can just outrun denounce when the % of its HP goes down so i dont see a problem here really.

Only abilities i see as a "problem" might be the aoe doom from balamor (if u do alluvion) and that's it really, you'll see more /nin than be4 (or should) and just a bit more of strategic use of abilities.

And i really hope this nerf after nerf to bst ends here, certain nuke set is much better for almost all content and no one say a thing really or the 1 job that's imba since forever (blu) keeps getting tweaks and spells every single update (last update best JP gift and this update hello mighty guard) and we BST instead of hating like many here, ENJOY these because it actually opens so many options and setups lol.

Like the song say: haters gonna hate!!

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-09-16 02:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to solo Leviathan Avatar fight - on Normal. Something that was extremely easy for bst to solo in the past, to see how bad the distance nerf is. 7 yalms is really, really close ... and you have to be that close for reward, ready moves. Its also close enough to get hit by any AoE cast on the pet like waterga or tidal wave.
First two attempts, I was still trying to play like I used to - and died first to waterga, 2nd to tidal wave - 1 shot.

3rd attempt, decided to melee right beside the pet. Change my pet -DT set - removed the non-iLevel -DT10 head, replaced it with a -DT4 119.

Won 3rd try with 5 trusts healing & buffing.

Its going to take some adjustment - the strategy of just throwing bsts at a NM without worrying about healing support just wont work anymore.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-16 02:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I tried to solo Leviathan Avatar fight - on Normal. Something that was extremely easy for bst to solo in the past, to see how bad the distance nerf is. 7 yalms is really, really close ... and you have to be that close for reward, ready moves. Its also close enough to get hit by any AoE cast on the pet like waterga or tidal wave.
First two attempts, I was still trying to play like I used to - and died first to waterga, 2nd to tidal wave - 1 shot.

3rd attempt, decided to melee right beside the pet. Change my pet -DT set - removed the non-iLevel -DT10 head, replaced it with a -DT4 119.

Won 3rd try with 5 trusts healing & buffing.

Its going to take some adjustment - the strategy of just throwing bsts at a NM without worrying about healing support just wont work anymore.

This doesn't strike me as all that terrible. Admittedly, anything harder than N on Avatars might be quite difficult due to Astral Flows stupid high damage killing your trusts.

Edit: After doing a few of the new BCNMs this morning with my LS, nothing really seems any different. Unless you are fighting something that can one shot you, it's not even an issue. You only get hit once at most if you are unlucky.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-16 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee definitely works in SR, but with an extraordinarily extra amount of care. I've done successful melee strats, and have done them faster than the BST strat, but let's not downplay the terrible mechanics that exist for melee in this game. The issue wasn't beast. Do I care beast was nerf? No, don't even play one, but SE needs to go back to the drawing board for mechanics.
By Xilk 2015-09-16 22:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the range nerf is really tedious... i think it is different depending on pet?

I had BouncingBertha out and had to be within 5.5 to use ready.
really, thats not enough space to be on opposite side of a small mob in normal fighting range... this is annoying tedious.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-17 09:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do beastmasters use pet pdt > 50%? According to the first page there's a gear set for pdt -50. And someone claims can get as high as -70 pdt. If so can someone post a gear set for that? Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Saylor
user: Camolle
By Quetzalcoatl.Saylor 2015-09-17 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Do beastmasters use pet pdt > 50%? According to the first page there's a gear set for pdt -50. And someone claims can get as high as -70 pdt. If so can someone post a gear set for that? Thanks in advance.

The pet pdt set he has is -62 pdt. Each Taeon piece has Pet DT-4 for a total of 12 you may have missed. Technically you could dual wield Astolfo for -68 but you'd lose ilvl.
[+]
By Xilk 2015-09-17 19:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer effects can be very good defensively.... But only for mobs in the bst ecosystems.... So very limited
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2015-09-18 03:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this in the official forum and felt this was a right place too:

As people have said already, this doesnt fix any of the "reasons" many people have been making up in hopes of SE nerfing BST (i came back @ may and bst got nerfed 4 times already if i remember right), SE just went extreme on this so the countless ppl QQing everywhere would shut up.

This is more annoying than anything else, having to be 5.5 from the pet farming salvage or dynamis is just tedious lol, for the rest i've been using /nin and its just an in-out of the fight range, instead of lowering the range to say 15" or something they just decided to do this and "make the master join the fight".

Funny enough, all the people that criticize bst either dont have it leveled or claim to have elitist geared bst with 0 JPs earned (like some wishful thinker in another forum claims lol) but when it comes down to balancing stuff, why bst?

When i read everywhere "i saw 2 BST kill the T3 fairies in escha-zitah very quick" or "razor fang does 20-30 dmg!!! and dont post the complete situation just gets me mad.

2 BST capped on JP (currently) with good gear and using their 1h and runwild/spur can do a lot of dmg yea but ONCE AN HOUR, it isnt something you cant spam every mob and it isnt something every bst can do since most (sadly) stop at the 100jp mark.

Also when ppl mention GEO buffs buffing bst pets big time well, geo buffs every single class like cor but what about brd? BRD buffs are a monstrosity from properly geared players (i got a rem brd in my static and her buffs are simple way too OP), did i ever see a bst mention anything about that? nope.

Now lets see (in my opinnion) classes that are way too OP compared to bst:

- Blue mage: Well here comes the sugar job for SE next to samurai, what can i say about blu other than hello mighty guard. Single job that can achieve almost every trait in the game at its maximum level from other classes, can self-skillchain/mb, has enough cures + status debuff/heals + utility stuff to reduce the amount of ppl you would need for any event to the minimum.

Can cap delay by itself without any other support (and i think the only jobs that can do that if im not mistaken are rdm and nin+dnc -maybe-), can cleave mobs faster than any veteran bst, can do any bcnm or content of any kind without much trouble and can be self-sustained for very long periods of time, can literally cover any spot in the game job wise efficiently without sacrificing anything (specially at 1200 JP which basically turns BLU in the single most-OP job in the game).

- Samurai: Well about samurai all i'd say is the day of the update went to a dho gates and did the new mobs with a mb setup + koga sam/brd and the sam was spamming lv3 skillchains like if it was candy, no other job in the game can do this so quick and efficiently (and so strong, 30 secs per mob that has 140k+ hp is ridiculous).

- Nukers: I saw nukers to cover blm-sch-geo-rdm, MB setup is the single best thing you could do to kill stuff fast and with 0 risk, if your group is good means NMs dieing in 2-3 volleys max, 1 minute of work on ANYTHING (and i know this firsthand because sch is 1 of the jobs i use too for this purpose), i still have to see any bst setup kill things faster than a MB setup.

Do i want these jobs nerfed?? nope, why would i want it? i benefit of them all and if XX job/person outperforms me so what?? Now all these people that are happy now with this "bst-nerf", what do you all gain with it?? if you suck at your class, you gonna keep doing it no matter how many nerfbats XX job gets, there are several jobs that need at least their 2h WS adjusted badly and all people can think is "waa waa only want bst for everything", the only thing the range we had pre-patch gave to the master was safety because the master cant melee like most jobs and if you wanna do it, go and build extra sets just for the niche fights you were supposed to melee lol.

Im sad about this patch @ bst because many ppl i know in-game literally quit BST for good but hey, i endured being a BST at the start of this game where i had to EXP in onzozo or ifrit's cauldron for a very long time so this is just an annoyance as i said.

Oh and 1 last note before ending, the argument of "BST is expensive!! we should have some kind of edge" is quite logical (same way i understand shooting jobs), every reward or call beast i press costs me gil while the blu next to me plays with the maximum advantage possible without spending, is it fair? remember bst have been getting nerf after nerf the last 3-4 updates, when is this gonna end?

P.S.: There's too many raincloud players here!!
[+]
By geigei 2015-09-18 03:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone not bst who didnt get invites to latest events like SR scream nerf and not because bst was OP but they suck so much on their jobs, melee SR is possible and maybe faster than bst setup. Most failed because they pretend results with ***gear and 0 skills. It takes 3 good bst to clear SR fast, 3 gimp bst will clear in 25mins if not wipe. Average Joe think gimp bst do 25k razors like some idiots on this forum...not even the best bst out there will come close to that on SR.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
Server: Asura
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-09-18 06:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

People forget BST doesn't mix well with other melees as it NEEDS pet specific buffs to perform well. This update hasn't made BST more party friendly with other melees. BSTs are strong only in numbers.

All it has done is create a tedious inconvenience for BSTs in 'All BST set ups' and forced such set ups to bring a WHM or SCH for heals, AoE stoneskin etc.

Yes, standing 20 yalms away just mashing ready moves is stupidly simple, however auto-attacking and WS at 1000tp isn't rocket science, neither is SC+MB, especially for players who have been around since the start.

For me, standing up the mobs arse, not being able to melee due to 'pet focused augments' on BOTH weapons and gear has made the job just kinda a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.....Other jobs now see a BST standing there, not meleeing and taking AoE dmg, but will forget the pet is there... Pet jobs will forever have the stigma of master doing shite dps, and never factor in pets.

I want to melee on BST, but my pet will suck. I boost my pet, my dps will suck. BST in 11 end game has never been 'Master + Pet = DPS', it should be. Boost BSTs melee traits (acc, attack) to compensate BSTs having to augment gear/weapons to boost pets and scale back the pets dps.... This has been requested years ago, but
SE don't get it..... Hello 'Charm'... Why the fook do you still exist?... Oh wait SE will revive Charm in next RoV update!

Charm IT++, Familar, kill whole zone! YAS! Bring back the good old days... Let those other bitter <bio><tachi> cry and scream for more BST nerfs.

/sarcasm off
[+]
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-19 22:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BST FTW.

Class dismissed.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2015-09-20 15:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The range update was an excellent solution to what was undeniably a severe balance issue. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just butthurt about no longer being able to easily circumvent mob mechanics. BST is still able to do some decent damage and still has a defensive edge vs regular melee jobs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 176 177 178