Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 175 176 177
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-01 21:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Foreverj said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Foreverj said: »
Can anybody tell me if the rabbit pets wild carrot can heal pets and pets outside of main party as well?

It'll cure characters in your party, but won't have any affect on pets. ; ;

As an aside, it's worth noting that if you're in [Campaign Battle/Wildskeeper/Colonization/Lair Reive/Domain Invasion], Wild Carrot will also heal anyone in the vicinity regardless of them being in your party.

Thanks

It'll also cure your Valiant mobs in Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish! :D
[+]
By Xilk 2015-09-02 21:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever check if lower than level 75 jug pets can skillchain also?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-02 22:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Did anyone ever check if lower than level 75 jug pets can skillchain also?

They do.
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-02 22:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just took a LizardFamiliar out to Beaucedine Glacier (S) and did fusion on Ruszors :D

By Xilk 2015-09-03 06:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome.

Makes me wonder how leveling would have been with skillchains. It's the one change I always wanted most for bst.

I'm late to the game, but I must give full congrats on such a fantastic giude Falkirk.
As with all your work, the quality is astounding.
I would happily buy a hardcover of this in a bookstore.

I've been away for a few years so I'm not sure how gudes for other jobs have evolved. I remember Prothescar made a fantastic blu guide. I'll have to check to be sure, but this blows away any other guide I've ever seen. Thank you.

I've got to make a PDF out of this and keep a copy.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-03 14:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

XILK! Welcome back, BSTbro. :D

If only there was still a Test Server, so we could Galka-frolic while we test BST mechanics...
By Xilk 2015-09-03 16:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved the test server!

I have a new impossible hope for FFXI.... that when SE finally stops running the servers, they'll lease the server software to organizations or individuals who want to run servers...

Actually, this is my more likely wishful scenario... I really wish they would go minecraft and let anyone run a server... (I would love to run one on my home server),

but....
I think SE has been going the Disney route... wait a few years, or a console generation and re-release its best titles to cash in more... /cry

I had to stop playing right before Adoulin released, so there is tons of content to take a look at... all I've done so far it get a windower running and trying to figure out the lua scripting ... :P not even playing yet ;.;

my new laptop has dual gpu's ... and it seems ffxi will only use my wimpier one ;.; /sigh

I might transfer servers somewhere. Monstersinc and Monsters university are empty. Looks like Siv and a few others transferred over the shiva. I'm not sure where to go yet.

But I definitely get to test out your guide! so I love it!
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-04 07:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning falkirk and fellow beast masters,

I would like to ask if a party of 6 with setup beast masters X 3 cor white Mage black Mage can clear vagary 1-3 and what are the strategies. A few players that came over to shell would like to get clears.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-04 09:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Good morning falkirk and fellow beast masters,

I would like to ask if a party of 6 with setup beast masters X 3 cor white Mage black Mage can clear vagary 1-3 and what are the strategies. A few players that came over to shell would like to get clears.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Depends a lot on how well geared they are. I wouldn't take the WHM or BLM, they aren't very useful in pet centric strategies. A Geo is very highly recommended. And a Redmage in place of the white mage. Over 550JP preferably, since Distract III is the ***.

The Beastmasters themselves need to be well equiped, with strong ready, reward and pet dt sets as a minimum. At least one BST needs a pet MAB set. Better if everyone does.

Elemental zone is the easiest. Skip the elementals, head for the bosses. The elementals around the boss are aggressive, so have one bst with a mab set pull them and AoE down with fireball/cursed sphere. Once all elementals have been cleared, pull the boss. Ready move it to death. Once you get to the MB, just pull him by himself back to the tunnel and ready move him to death. Very simple, no real fear of death.

Fomor zone is fairly simple also. AoE pets are your friend here. Grasshopper puts in a lot of work in this zone. AoE first wave down, shouldn't have any problems. Second wave, have one BST fight the Dullahan, have everyone else AoE the Courses. Once they are dead, ready move down the Dullahan. As soon as it is dead, run back to the wall where you started. Third wave is easy so long as hate is managed well. Try not to have the COR buff during this wave, unless it's between pulls. Stay away from the Fomors best you can. Last wave is very simple. Have one BST pull the MB away from the group while everyone else AoEs down the Fomors. Once they are dead, ready move the boss to death.

Amorph zone has been nicknamed slot machine. Essentially you want to use AoE pets and spread out as much Frailty as possible. Geo should keep up indi fraily, geo frailty and entrusted indi frailty as much as possible to cover the whole damn zone so that you can one-shot amorphs with Tegmina Buffet. The bosses are mostly unnoteworthy with the exception of the Fistule type mob. When he pops, have one BST hold him to the side while everyone else kills the adds. Then all BSTs target the Fistule and Unleash. Tegmina it and all the adds it will spawn to death. You'll loose too much time trying to do this any other way with pet setups.

Amorphs suck as there is no way to tell if you will spawn the boss or not. If you get unlucky, you'll time out no matter how good you are.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-04 10:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you trulusia I really appreciate
By geigei 2015-09-05 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why am i getting outdmg by 1200jp's with worst gear by a lot? i'm sitting on max ready and haste, 3 familiar, 6 unleash and 5 pet acc.

ItemSet 337668

Both axes have tp 180, main acc17, sub att18, body att22/da4, legs acc19, feet att24/da5, cape acc17.

Looking at the missing gifts i'm not missing that much, 50ish att and some acc, 45att under spur and 40tp. Yet i still get trashed by people w/o tp axes and worse gear overall but with 1200jp, what am i doing wrong? usually doing somewhere between 50%-70% dmg of 1200jp, only way i keep up is with RW.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-05 18:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're all using the same Pet (presumably Tiger) then those BSTs with 1200 job points actually have ~156 more attack with Gifts+Spur.

53 Pet Attack from Gifts
+ 45 Pet Attack with Spur 15/15
= 98 Pet Attack

* 1.6 Attack Modifier for Tiger
= +156 Pet Attack

And if everyone has Familiar active, then by comparison the 1200 JP BSTs will have...
(53 + 45 + 18) * 1.6 = +185 Pet Attack

So to answer your question, you're not doing anything wrong gear-wise - you just need to get back to job point grinding! :)
[+]
By Xilk 2015-09-05 21:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Falkirk,

I've had a little time to get back in the game a little... and read more thru your guide and I noticed something...

I'm not sure how relevant it is, but its something I was doing before I stopped playing.

I was carrying around all the crackers/cookies for Killer effects+
(I know inventory woes are already thru the roof) but I was using this nice little itemizer script to grab expendables from satchel or sack so i woudln't need to keep them in inventory...

anyway.. Any thoughts to how viable they are for dd now? I am not caught up on the gear or which sets are needed most now... but I was getting an exxtra 5~6% damage improvement tp'ing w/ Ferine Gausape +2...

maybe this isn't significant in current battles... but it should scale fairly well with Nukumi +1.... I just don't know how it compares w/ our new beefier pets yet. and I didn't find mention of them in the guide.. unless I missed it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-05 23:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. :)

Yeah, I remember you being an advocate of Killer Effect food! It was left as kind of a side-note in the first post, even though I think Killer Effects are one of the more unique and interesting aspects of the job.

Xilk said: »
anyway.. Any thoughts to how viable they are for dd now? I am not caught up on the gear or which sets are needed most now... but I was getting an exxtra 5~6% damage improvement tp'ing w/ Ferine Gausape +2...

maybe this isn't significant in current battles... but it should scale fairly well with Nukumi +1.... I just don't know how it compares w/ our new beefier pets yet. and I didn't find mention of them in the guide.. unless I missed it.

I'm repeating stuff that you already know, but off the top of my head... I'd say that it probably works well for low level content, especially as a means of boosting Elemental WS damage when correlation is favorable (though it would've been nicer if Nukumi+1 body had increased the Killer effects transfer...)

But as for current content, we either have accuracy issues without sushi, OR it's too dangerous to approach, OR what we're fighting doesn't fall under the BST correlation umbrella.

I bet you could find some niche use for it (and I'd love to hear about it) - maybe in conjunction with some kind of tanking gearset? I busted out some Wizard Cookies to help tank Vir'ava adds a while ago, haha. It wasn't too bad!

Anyway, let us know what you cook up. :]
By Korvana 2015-09-06 23:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this guide, it's extraordinarily helpful. (I see you liked my Assault guide too, so I guess we're even!) I have a question though, why do people seem to prefer cricket over diremite? Anklebiter Jedd obviously has more ATK and his AoE uses only 1 charge; the only thing I can think is his is blunt damage rather than slashing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-06 23:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spinning Top also has a wider radius! :D

I'd say the only unfortunate aspect to the Diremite is that he's a DRK which means no Fencer V bonus.

(And yus, love the Assault Guide - thanks a lot for putting that together!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-08 19:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to make one of these today. :D

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-08 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, now you need to go and see which ready moves have STR mods on them, if any.
By Felgarr 2015-09-08 22:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for sharing this! -> Please update them here:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nolan

<3
By Giaden 2015-09-09 07:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Enhances "Double Attack" effect work with pet as well?! Or is that a pipe dream ; ;
By geigei 2015-09-09 07:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wet dream.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-09-12 12:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

for the petDT- on skirmish gear, is there an upside/downside on using teaon or acro over the other?

edit: same for ready moves and anything else as well i guess
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-09-12 14:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, unless you want pet gear that works for both bst and pup. Then avoid acro.
By Cleric 2015-09-13 20:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guide, by the way!

I saw in the guide there was master->pet (vice versa) skillchains..

Are there any skillchains that are pet->pet to make light/darkness?
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-13 22:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes! Plenty. Of course, with job abilities reset, or with Unleash up you can make any of these by yourself. Unfortunately there aren't as many ways to make 2-Step Light with only pets, since we don't have any pets that carry the Fragmentation property natively.

LIGHT = Fragmentation <> Fusion

Light: Pentapeck

Fusion: Swooping Frenzy

Fragmentation: NONE

Fragmentation = Gravitation > Fragmentation
Fragmentation = Induration > Reverberation

Gravitation: Chomp Rush, Wing Slap

Induration: Sweeping Gouge, Ripper Fang

Reverberation: Foot Kick, Blockhead, Sheep Charge, Swooping Frenzy, Grapple, Power Attack

Fusion = Liquefaction > Impaction
Fusion = Distortion > Fusion

Distortion: Tegmina Buffet, Pentapeck

Liquefaction: Brain Crush, Double Claw, Scythe Tail, Wing Slap

Impaction: Whirl Claws, Tail Blow, Lamb Chop, Nimble Snap, Cyclotail, Tickling Tendrils, Spinning Top, Razor Fang, Sudden Lunge

DARKNESS = Gravitation <> Distortion

Darkness: Chomp Rush

Gravitation = Detonation > Compression
Gravitation = Fusion > Gravitation

Detonation: Tegmina Buffet, Rhino Attack, Mandibular Bite, Head Butt

Compression: Frogkick, Somersault

Distortion = Transfixion > Scission
Distortion = Fragmentation > Distortion

Transfixion: Recoil Dive, Pecking Flurry, Sickle Slash

Scission: Big Scissors, Sensilla Blades, Claw Cyclone, Beak Lunge, Spiral Spin, Leaf Dagger

Mix & Match!

Not included, but of course Ready moves with Light or Dark property can be used consecutively to produce the respective SC.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-14 13:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Started adding some Pet Buff Timers to the Gearswap file, if anyone's interested. :)

There are a couple moves like Secretion and Rhino Guard that need duration testing done...

[+]
By geigei 2015-09-14 14:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is that onscreen plugin?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-14 17:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you guys deal with Escha Zitah Nosoi T2 bird and his bio aura? I was adviced to go with nuking party but I have scarce ressources in that department, any pet strat for it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-09-14 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
What is that onscreen plugin?

Timers

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
How do you guys deal with Escha Zitah Nosoi T2 bird and his bio aura? I was adviced to go with nuking party but I have scarce ressources in that department, any pet strat for it?

Nuking party is best, but if you want to do a pet strat the only thing worth mentioning is use piercing damage from Beetle/Colibri/Tulfaire.

"From The Skies" has a long readying time so whoever is tanking has time to Heel and out-range it.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 175 176 177