Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Superbowl 2015
Superbowl 2015
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have been pretty funny if Vince McMahon did a closing interview after the game.

Anyways, changing topics, anyone think that bud light PACMAN COMMERCIAL was absolutely BOSS! I told the people I was watching the game with, that would be an amazing idea to have in a city - A real-life pacman game with leaderboards etc. I'd definitely do that.

If you missed it, you can google "Superbowl life-size pacman commercial"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-02-02 12:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else see the irony of "Lynch" and the SeaHawks victory? Bad calls got them lynched... Just sayin.. /rimshot
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-02 12:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Anyone else see the irony of "Lynch" and the SeaHawks victory? Bad calls got them lynched... Just sayin.. /rimshot

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-02 12:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Oh, yeah. This is definitely a NFL team in London thing we're talking, not a European league.

We'll see, if it happens I'll definitely come and check them out from time to time.
I need a new "Home team" to cheer for and the occasional trip to London is very affordable from Amsterdam anyway....
What happened to Ajax? Aren't they your home team?

Well, regarding that I'm kind of in the same boat as Ramyrez, I don't mind the sport and occasionally enjoy watching a match, but Ajax and European Football has been forced upon me being from Amsterdam and it being the #1 sport on this continent. But if one of the thousands of deities humankind has worshipped since the start of its civilization decides to make it disappear forever I won't shed a tear.

Apart from that I find American Football to be more interesting, probably because I'm completely oblivious of the whole political assemblage behind it.

I might appreciate European football a bit more again when this guy's pushed out of office.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apart from that I find American Football to be more interesting, probably because I'm completely oblivious of the whole political assemblage behind it.

I'd watch football (vs. American football) more if it were more regularly and consistently televised here for me to find a team to get behind. Having to go out of your way to get into a sport is kind of tough.

I have a lot of problems with American football, more of it is based on things that happen off the field than on it. The sport is largely fine in and of itself to watch once a week.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2015-02-02 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*** you vicious you *** You mad?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 14:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow tiger need you to dial it down a notch. I don't think Vic is from the islands and understands your passion. You're at a 10 we need you at a 4 >.>
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-02 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of problems with American football, more of it is based on things that happen off the field than on it. The sport is largely fine in and of itself to watch once a week.

The same goes for my stance on European Football, the sport itself is fun to look at but it's the stuff happening around it (the politics) that sets me against the professional league so to speak.

The guy in the picture is Sepp Blatter, FIFA's big chairman and the guy responsible for a whole lot of things wrong in European football right now.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 15:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The same goes for my stance on European Football, the sport itself is fun to look at but it's the stuff happening around it (the politics) that sets me against the professional league so to speak.

The guy in the picture is Sepp Blatter, FIFA's big chairman and the guy responsible for a whole lot of things wrong in European football right now.

So he gets together with Roger Goodell and Gary Bettman and whoever oversees the shitfest that is the NBA since Bettman left it for the NHL and they all talk about how to screw sports fans out of money in the most efficient way possible.

Gotcha.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-02 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What we need here, is some good Ol' fashioned WrasleBall!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-02 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I never care about football....
Waitafricking minute.

You are a Texan. I thought football was the official state religion of Texas.

My roomie is a football fan, I am not. But I wandered through the living room in time to see the two best plays of the game.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-02 22:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I thought football was the official state religion of Texas.
You're thinking of Wisconsin. Well, that and beer/cheese/bratwurst.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-02 22:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
But that's how you gotta end the Super Bowl.. With a Super Brawl!! Then you get the participants to make cameos at the Royal Rumble. How else you going to cash in on cross sports entertainment marketing?

Play a good game and advertise during the time slot.

This here is 'Murica where we don't like to keep it simple! Ain't nuthin moar Murican than Footballs and Wraslin'.
I used to think the national anthem was American until it was performed worse and worse each year/month/week. Also cheering and booing at ANYTHING during the performance is pretty lame. Shut up til its over then you can cheer.
[+]