Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Superbowl 2015
Superbowl 2015
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 08:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every radio station in the country is losing their minds with Pete Carroll right now. I think it goes without saying that this was definitely one of thebest games I ever watched, very close to the Ravens game a few weeks back.

Was really close and well matched. Get well Jeremy Lane. That injury was disgusting.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-02 09:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Oh, yeah. This is definitely a NFL team in London thing we're talking, not a European league.

We'll see, if it happens I'll definitely come and check them out from time to time.
I need a new "Home team" to cheer for and the occasional trip to London is very affordable from Amsterdam anyway.

Quote:
As far as health reasons...I don't know about that. You could maybe split their season in half where they play all their home games in a row, give them a bye week to get to the U.S. and get their internal clocks adjusted, then have them play all their away games? Or something like that where they're not flying across the pond every week.

That is an option indeed.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
that this was definitely one of thebest games I ever watched,

I...guess? If you judge by the final five minutes?

It really wasn't that good of a game overall...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 09:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Every radio station in the country is losing their minds with Pete Carroll right now. I think it goes without saying that this was definitely one of thebest games I ever watched, very close to the Ravens game a few weeks back.

Was really close and well matched. Get well Jeremy Lane. That injury was disgusting.

He over thought the situation. Everyone is expecting Lynch to run the ball so you try a quick pass for a TD not expecting a rookie defender to make a play.

In the chess game of coaching he simply over thought and should have just ran Lynch.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-02 09:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

that this was definitely one of thebest games I ever watched,
I...guess? If you judge by the final five minutes? It really wasn't that good of a game overall...

No, that game was amazing. I kept saying the entire time that it was no doubt the two best teams battling it out. Hold Russel Wilson to no completions until 5min into the 2nd? That last moment catch to Matthews at the end of the half with 20~ seconds remaining? The phenomenal catches and back and forth grit. Seattle's defense was awesome, but the better team and better coached squad won.

That was definitely one for the ages. If you didn't think it was a good game, not sure what you were watching. Even the halftime show was awesome!

The commercials, on the otherhand, were definitely underwhelming.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That was definitely one for the ages. If you didn't think it was a good game, not sure what you were watching.

To each their own I guess.

It felt like a run-of-the-mill game to me that was a bit of a snoozer. A little back-and-forth scoring and big drama at the end.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 09:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the halftime show was awesome!

hell ya, a lion was finally at the superbowl.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's keep in mind here I'm a hockey fan and that's pretty much where it ends. I watch football because it can be entertaining, but I really wouldn't go calling myself a huge fan especially after the league's questionable actions over the past year.

We're talking about a game with, imo, iffy pacing and of 60 minutes of game time (3+ hours of television time) you generally get around 11-12 minutes of time where the ball is actually in play. And don't get me started on commercials. Oi.

But like I said, to each their own. Obviously I still find it entertaining enough to watch at some level, so for any gripes I have, they aren't significant enough that I'm tuning out.

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Every radio station in the country is losing their minds with Pete Carroll right now. I think it goes without saying that this was definitely one of thebest games I ever watched, very close to the Ravens game a few weeks back. Was really close and well matched. Get well Jeremy Lane. That injury was disgusting.
He over thought the situation. Everyone is expecting Lynch to run the ball so you try a quick pass for a TD not expecting a rookie defender to make a play. In the chess game of coaching he simply over thought and should have just ran Lunch.

Actually wasn't Carroll's call, he just went along with the OC. His explanation made a little bit of sense, but Monday-Morning Quarterbacking dictates that it was the wrong call. Had they won the game, nobody would have bothered questioning that playcall.

Personally, I was watching and SCREAMING at the TV saying "COVER WILSON, ITS GONNA BE A READ OPTION RIGHT!!!", because that was obviously the best option on the goal line. Pats had goal line defense setup, but we would have folded if Russell just pulled it and ran in to the right, as the only good linebacker was in coverage. We couldn't stop Russell from running the whole game. Would have been an easy walk-in TD had they just did a PA run. No idea why Lynch was in a passing formation with only 1 yard of wiggle-room.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think his postgame explenation was fairly legit, and he took credit for the loss, so at least he did his duty there as head coach.

It is what it is, and like you said. If it had worked, nobody is questioning it. Just a risky judgment call that didn't play out.

Just like Brady won MVP, but if they lost the media would have been all over him for throwing a pick that turned into a time-grinding scoring drive.

To the victor, eh?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

From a football perspective, the explanation probably did make sense. But for all of the fans watching, having the best running QB & RB in the league on your offense and on the field not running just is a tough pill to swallow. There isn't one person who agreed with that playcall.

That Coordinator is probably gone. Him or Lynch. Kind of a shame to end it like that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 09:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The Seahawks will be back. They got a good chance to be in the super bowl a few more times if they make the right moves.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not with that Salary cap situation coming up. Russell Wilson is a superbowl-winning QB, who hasn't gotten a new contract. He's due for it this year. They won't be able to pay everyone (including Lynch & Wilson) with that same team next year. If Flacco is getting 100+m, expect Wilson's numbers to be similar. I'm not seeing that defense looking that good next year. Same thing happened to the Ravens few years ago.

How about that classy Seahawks reaction on the last play? Gronk got punched lol
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How about that classy Seahawks reaction on the last play? Gronk got punched lol

The arrogance on display the past few years, and subsequently being poor losers, speaks volumes about the 'hawks current squad.

Then again, I'm a guy that gets upset even when my own team's players do their stupid little touchdown celebrations.

Act like you've been there, ffs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. I've been saying all season, Moar Random HGH testing for these seahawks players. They are angry all the time.
By fonewear 2015-02-02 10:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They put adderall in their coffee.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-02 10:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Oh, yeah. This is definitely a NFL team in London thing we're talking, not a European league.

We'll see, if it happens I'll definitely come and check them out from time to time.
I need a new "Home team" to cheer for and the occasional trip to London is very affordable from Amsterdam anyway....
What happened to Ajax? Aren't they your home team?

Ramyrez, football isn't more popular than church. Football IS church.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Shirai said: »
We'll see, if it happens I'll definitely come and check them out from time to time. I need a new "Home team" to cheer for and the occasional trip to London is very affordable from Amsterdam anyway....
What happened to Ajax? Aren't they your home team? Ramyrez, football isn't more popular than church. Football IS church.

And by that, you mean both are as corrupt as can be.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Ramyrez, football isn't more popular than church. Football IS church.

I actually just wanted the chart, they came together as a package image.

And I approve of football being more popular than church.

At least even when it's awful, it's quantifiably real...

And by that, you mean both are as corrupt as can be.

Also true.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-02-02 11:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-02-02 11:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-02 11:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Found Sherman after the game:

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-02 12:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Found Sherman after the game:

The beauty of this post is that today's NFL, to me, resembles the WWF/WWE in a lot of ways.
[+]
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-02-02 12:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gets ejected from the super bowl...what a tool. They so angry.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-02 12:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slore said: »

Or punches someone....

WEARING A HELMET!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 12:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Valefor.Slore said: »
Or punches someone and runs away.... WEARING A HELMET!

Fixed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 12:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But that's how you gotta end the Super Bowl.. With a Super Brawl!! Then you get the participants to make cameos at the Royal Rumble. How else you going to cash in on cross sports entertainment marketing?
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But that's how you gotta end the Super Bowl.. With a Super Brawl!! Then you get the participants to make cameos at the Royal Rumble. How else you going to cash in on cross sports entertainment marketing?

Play a good game and advertise during the time slot.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 12:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Play a good game and advertise during the time slot.

This here is 'Murica where we don't like to keep it simple! Ain't nuthin moar Murican than Footballs and Wraslin'.