A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Just like you wouldn't expect your local day care centre to let your kids to play GTA or watch anything that may deem inappropriate for their age range.

I wouldn't expect a daycare center to let a child play GTA.

I would expect Toys R' Us to sell GTA.

And I bet they do and still will.

So unless you think they should pull every single item of questionable content for the 13-and-under crowd off their shelves...
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-20 11:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Saying that those figures don't belong in Toys R Us is akin to saying Adult Swim doesn't belong on the same channel as the rest of Cartoon Network. You're saying that it has to be all or nothing. If part of it is meant for kids then all of it should be.

Except they're not the same. The FCC can explain why.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-20 11:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
you will get carded tho, or have a parent consent the purchase on the spot.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Saying that those figures don't belong in Toys R Us is akin to saying Adult Swim doesn't belong on the same channel as the rest of Cartoon Network. You're saying that it has to be all or nothing. If part of it is meant for kids then all of it should be.

Because the FCC gets things right on a regular basis. And doesn't cave to crying morality police at every turn.* And they're certainly not in the pocket of the broadcasting companies.

Right?

*See tape-delayed sporting events/etc. previously mentioned.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-20 11:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the FCC gets things right on a regular basis. And doesn't cave to crying morality police at every turn.* And they're certainly not in the pocket of the broadcasting companies.

Right?

Ad hom harder bro

P.S. You've caught a serious case of confirmation bias.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Just like you wouldn't expect your local day care centre to let your kids to play GTA or watch anything that may deem inappropriate for their age range.

I wouldn't expect a daycare center to let a child play GTA.

And I bet they do and still will.

So unless you think they should pull every single item of questionable content for the 13-and-under crowd off their shelves...

Dude you're totally offbase here.

If you buy any M rated game at Toys R Us (17+, still a teen) you're going to get carded for it unless the employee is slacking. That's policy because Toys R Us is a kids store and thus doesn't want kids buying M rated games.

Goes back to that responsibility thing mentioned in their own mission statement. If you're an adult you can buy it elsewhere or conform to the barrier put up to keep kids away from adult things.

Breaking Bad has zero, none, zip, zilch reason to be in their stores. It's a show for adults and straight up says it when you watch Breaking Bad. Mature audiences sup? The only reason it made the shelves I suspect is because someone at procurement figured it'd make money and people wouldn't ***.

Welp, a parent bitched. The responsible thing to do now if they give a ***about the mission statement is to yoink them from stores and get back to hawking 30 dollar Pokemon toys and selling Halloween costumes that suck *** for 4 year olds. You don't get to have a friendly giraffe as your mascot then hawk drug dealer toys.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Ad hom harder bro

You said allow the FCC to explain something. I'm telling you a few of the reasons why I don't trust the FCC to explain a damn thing.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-20 11:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Ad hom harder bro

You said allow the FCC to explain something. I'm telling you a few of the reasons why I don't trust the FCC to explain a damn thing.

I get the impression that your distrust of the FCC has a lot more to do with you than the FCC.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-20 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your opinion regarding the Janet Jackson debacle has colored your view of a pretty large organizations efforts to regulate an ever changing overlap of technology, economics, and law.

I'm thinking that's pretty goddamn close to the definition of "bias."
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Ad hom harder bro

I get the impression that your distrust of the FCC has a lot more to do with you than the FCC.

I get the impression you're not familiar with any of the issues with the FCC or their leadership, let alone their responses to the outcry of vocal "morality watchdogs" of the country.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-20 11:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think a kid would be perusing the action figure section, stumble upon random, Bald-Goateed-Bespectacled-Middle-Aged Man or his spunky side-kick, Wigger Boy, lose their minds and throw a mid-aisle tantrum over their dire need for that particular toy, considering a it's store full of more tempting alternatives.

Kid logic is a funny thing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your opinion regarding the Janet Jackson debacle has colored your view of a pretty large organizations efforts to regulate an ever changing overlap of technology, economics, and law.

I'm thinking that's pretty goddamn close to the definition of "bias."

Bias? You want bias?

Look into the history of the FCC chairman. -.-;
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-20 11:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Ad hom harder bro

I get the impression you're not familiar with any of the issues with the FCC or their leadership, let alone their responses to the outcry of vocal "morality watchdogs" of the country.

You lost me at "morality police." Sounds like you've made a quaint box to sort "right and wrong."

Feel free to PM me when you can acknowledge your own bias and approach issues independent of your pre-made boxes.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you say, champ.

Edit: Also, I'm sure you completely trust the ESRB and MPAA.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-20 11:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lady should just buy her son a gi joe and call it a day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I wouldn't think a kid would be perusing the action figure section, stumble upon random, Bald-Goateed-Bespectacled-Middle-Aged Man or his spunky side-kick, Wigger Boy, lose their minds and throw a mid-aisle tantrum over their dire need for that particular toy, considering a it's store full of more tempting alternatives.

Kid logic is a funny thing.

MOM I WANT TO SLING METH LIKE ALL THE OTHER COOL KIDS.
LOOK, JUST PICK A TRANSFORMER AND SHUT UP.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOM TRANSFORMERS DONT GET HIT SERIES, THEY GET SHITTY MICHAEL BAY MOVIES.
HMMM, YOU'RE RIGHT. JESSE PINKMAN IT IS. NOW WITH MORE '***!' ACTION.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Military propaganda!
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. Comes with a gun. Endorses violence. Get them off shelves.
[+]
 Valefor.Yoloswag
Server: Valefor
user: volkom
By Valefor.Yoloswag 2014-10-20 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

but he's a real american hero.

if she doesn't buy it for her son, then she's not american
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yoloswag said: »

Well, true.

And the show is FCC-approved for children.

I guess it's okay.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-20 11:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yoloswag said: »

Well, true.

And the show is FCC-approved for children.

I guess it's okay.

I still have this in the box

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the GI Joes secretly sell drugs and use profanity at every turn? Cause if anything, the Joes are a caricature of the military and the violence is kiddie nonsense involving blasters and weather dominators.

And remember kids, knowing is half the *** battle.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Do the GI Joes secretly sell drugs and use profanity at every turn?

The military they're representing does.

Well, they've always done the later.

They did the former at least during the G.I. Joe cartoon's heyday!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And WWII toys have entered the discussion.

Cmon gents, finish the game. Show me that Adolf Hitler action figure complete with projectile swastikas, Mein Kampf figurine and recorded speeches that you push the mustache to hear.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And WWII toys have entered the discussion.

Cmon gents, finish the game. Show me that Adolf Hitler action figure complete with projectile swastikas, Mein Kampf figurine and recorded speeches that you push the mustache to hear.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And we're done here folks. GG
By Ramyrez 2014-10-20 11:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably for the best.
[+]
 Odin.Drakus
Server: Odin
user: lord2fli
By Odin.Drakus 2014-10-20 12:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Best example of Godwin's Law ever! lol!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 12:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably for the best.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Don't forget to spay or neuter your P+R threads. We'll see you next time on The Thread is Fail. Bye bye!
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-10-20 12:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It's your opinion that it's petty... That doesn't make it petty...

You're view of "raging" and "going off the deep end" vary greatly from mine then lol... I've seen you come closer on some of your anti-religion rants than this.

Like I said... I don't think it's an unreasonable stance to take. Having worked at Toys before it's not really that hard for kids to walk in and buy that stuff without their parents. It's marketed as a kid friendly store.

It's definitely not the stores responsibility to raise your kid but what does concern them is their consumers opinion. I don't know why they'd want the brand associated with drugs at all...

I can fully agree with this.
That being said consumers voicing their opinions about it isn't a bad thing. Whether they do anything about it or not is another issue altogether.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19