On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 95 96 97
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-20 17:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Crevox said: »
It's BPII.

Body(-2) + Feet (-1) + Sachet (-5) + JSE Cape (-3) = -11

Job point category is -5

Stops at 30 seconds

It could be -10 cap but before update no one said anything about -3 not working.
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's BPII.
Think about MDT: MDT caps at -50%, MDT2 caps at -50%, however you don't get -100% MDT from capping both.
Your example showcases that there is a possible hard cap of -30s.
You would need to test with just BPII to see if the BP is at 45, if it is (since if gift is BPII you would have -16s) then the gift is BPII and BPII caps at 15.
However if the timer is 44s...
Then the gift is "BPIII" and further testing of BPII will be needed later.
But if it is "BPIII" then we have discovered the hard cap of BP delay reduction (akin to -87.5%MDT) which is 30.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-20 23:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lets hope! I don't have the number of jobpoints in whm to check such a thing, realistically, what WHM does?

:3
[+]
By Decimation420 2015-02-22 10:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

<---- this whm :)
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-02-23 10:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The "cure potency" gift is just cure power, similar to the job points for afflatus solace. It isn't actual cure potency. I tested with 45 potency from gear, 49 potency from gear, 50 potency from gear. With all other stats the same, each increase led to a higher cure, including the increase from 49 to 50. Also the increase from the gift just wasn't high enough to be cure potency 2, I want to say it was less than 10 points total although it's hard to say because I also changed my cure build around slightly at the same time to accommodate glorious earring.

Which is unfortunate because I was thinking it would let me finally use Regal Pumps, but alas, this is the best build I can come up with currently:

ItemSet 94432

Overkill on potency (55 due to the +2 on Mending), but I can't find a better build with capped or near-capped enmity down. A similar build for people without Iaso Mitra would be Gende Caubeen +1 and Regal Pumps +1. That would basically give up enmity-2 for healing+1 and some vit/mnd, as long as you have at least 8 total potency from augments on Mending and/or Gendewitha.
[+]
 Fenrir.Arcto
Server: Fenrir
user: Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-02-23 19:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pergatory, what are your cure spells healing for on a non-lightsday situation?

Just curious where I am at, compared to yours since I do not have the gift potency as of yet.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-02-23 21:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
The "cure potency" gift is just cure power, similar to the job points for afflatus solace. It isn't actual cure potency. I tested with 45 potency from gear, 49 potency from gear, 50 potency from gear. With all other stats the same, each increase led to a higher cure, including the increase from 49 to 50. Also the increase from the gift just wasn't high enough to be cure potency 2, I want to say it was less than 10 points total although it's hard to say because I also changed my cure build around slightly at the same time to accommodate glorious earring.

Which is unfortunate because I was thinking it would let me finally use Regal Pumps, but alas, this is the best build I can come up with currently:

ItemSet 94432

Overkill on potency (55 due to the +2 on Mending), but I can't find a better build with capped or near-capped enmity down. A similar build for people without Iaso Mitra would be Gende Caubeen +1 and Regal Pumps +1. That would basically give up enmity-2 for healing+1 and some vit/mnd, as long as you have at least 8 total potency from augments on Mending and/or Gendewitha.

Mine's this but I use sifahir pants.

ItemSet 333108

I switch to a hybrid conserve mp/enmity set (who uses af3 +2 pants) when I get under 80% MP. Doesnt happen very often thought.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-23 21:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 94432

ItemSet 328438

I don't use gearswap so I prefer hybrid sets.

This is what I'm using currently, currently has capped cure cast, cure potency, -enmity and over 500+ Healing Magic so capped Tranquil Heart as well, and has +7% Cure potency II also.
 Fenrir.Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-02-23 21:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wak, what is your cure III/IV healing for specifically? Been throwing around the idea of getting Janniston ring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-23 22:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arcto said: »
Wak, what is your cure III/IV healing for specifically? Been throwing around the idea of getting Janniston ring.

Been a few weeks since I've been on, due to work, I can't remember exact numbers, but Cure 3 is over 500, 530-500ish? somwhere around there, and Cure IV was somewhere over 1k.
By Muffz 2015-02-24 06:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is very similar to wakmidgets except I use gendewitha caubeen, bishop sash and regular empy +2 legs. JSE cape has +10 skill augment.

Cure III 600~
Cure IV 1100~

Capped gifts, afflatus solace, boost-mnd and max mnd/vit merits.

EDIT: It's good to know about the gift bonus. My testing is limited to having my fiance wear a frenzy sallet and swapping my gear around until I get the biggest cure.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention gendewitha has +5 potency augment.
 Fenrir.Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-02-24 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure III for over 600, so hot :)

Pretty sure I am going to ditch Weatherspoon ring for Janniston. Already precast capped for healing/and damn near capped on BRD. Don't care too much about ninjutsu, anything I use NIN for, already have capped magic haste for recast really.

Thanks Muffz!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-02-24 10:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I don't use Gearswap either but you can still swap midcast if you're using Windower. Precast is the main luxury you lose without Gearswap. I have my cast time stats built into my idle set:

ItemSet 190294

Then I have a <wait 0.3> and a swap to my full potency equipset that I gave above. Works like a charm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-25 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I don't use Gearswap either but you can still swap midcast if you're using Windower. Precast is the main luxury you lose without Gearswap. I have my cast time stats built into my idle set:

ItemSet 190294

Then I have a <wait 0.3> and a swap to my full potency equipset that I gave above. Works like a charm.

I prefer to keep my Idle set with DT/refresh gear. It's a combination of PDT/MDT, 5/5 119 gear(for ilvl Def/Mdef) and Refresh gear.

ItemSet 328886

Currently it's at 44% PDT/50% MDT((with Shellra V 5/5)Damn you Defending Ring) MP/tick(6 MP/tick after 75% MP). Though even though I can't really get everything exactly the way I want it without a Defending Ring, it does cap to 50% at night at least due to Umbra Cape's hidden effect.

Just 5/5 119 gear does help A LOT with damage taken, but not by as much as you think. If you start idling in 40%+ you'll never want to go back.

Going back to the topic of hybrid Cure sets.

ItemSet 328438

I've actually been thinking about swapping out regal pumps +1 for Hygieia clogs +1 since I actually use the same set for single target and Curaga since it already had a good amount of MND on most slots, and Tranquil Heart benefits Curaga just as much(if not more) than single target. The negative stats on the acerbic sash +1 have kind of been bugging me since I got it. But now I could easily swap the waist for bishop's sash and balance it a bit better, I think.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-02-25 22:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is much easier to read that the original guide.

One minor correction about light arts. I did testing a long time ago, its in either the SCH or BLM forums but this is wrong...

Quote:
Technical Notes: The Cast time reduction from Light arts is not additive, it is multiplicative IE, 70% fastcast and Light arts is only 73% Cast time reduction, to truly cap you would still need 78% fastcast so the fastcast value associated with Scholar is not as helpful as first thought.

The principle is correct, but Light and Dark Arts actually bypass the 80% cap. If you have 80% fast cast, with light arts you will have 82% cast time reduction, same for if you have 80% recast reduction, Light Arts will give you 82% reduction.

Found it...

Testing Arts cast time reduction
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-02-26 00:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

One minor correction about light arts. I did testing a long time ago, its in either the SCH or BLM forums but this is wrong...

Quote:
Technical Notes: The Cast time reduction from Light arts is not additive, it is multiplicative IE, 70% fastcast and Light arts is only 73% Cast time reduction, to truly cap you would still need 78% fastcast so the fastcast value associated with Scholar is not as helpful as first thought.

The principle is correct, but Light and Dark Arts actually bypass the 80% cap. If you have 80% fast cast, with light arts you will have 82% cast time reduction, same for if you have 80% recast reduction, Light Arts will give you 82% reduction.

Found it...

That is interesting and it is not the first time I see someone say this.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-02 15:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »

Quote:

Found it...

That is interesting and it is not the first time I see someone say this.

I had seen this information a while ago, and while I could replicate it as a SCH, as a WHM I did not see these results.

However, with the sheer multitude of gear available, hitting 80% cap is considerably easier than before, not to mention you can do so with 19% instant cast.

I tested it using packets and it said it was a flat 80% regardless or light arts or not in full fastcast armors. However the information you posted for SCH do seem to correlate, it could however be due to the fact I don't use Addendum: White and that has some unknown factor to exceed the cap, however my only issue with using a strat on this (in short fights at least) is that you then loose some of the utility that /sch provides i.e aoe lyna and stuffs.

I would do more extensive testing on this to see if I could replicate now (as it was some time ago I looked at your data, albeit limited as you've not posted the hard data anywhere for me to go over in full details), however I'm on hiatus from the slap and paste mentality SE has at the minute with 11.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-03-02 20:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my testing on BLM/SCH using Blizzard 5 which at the time had a 10 second cast time.

Regardless, it really isn't that important with WHM, except for maybe casting in combat raises. Almost everything we cast is practically instant already.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-03-04 11:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There easiest way to confirm this would be to test using the spell Raise.

Cast Time is 15 seconds
Recast is 60 seconds

if Light arts doesn't bypass the 80% cap then with 80% fast cast + Light Arts

Cast Time: 2.6 seconds
Recast: 12 seconds

if Light arts does bypass the 80% cap then

Cast Time: 2.3 seconds (still hard to quantify a 0.3 second difference)
Recast: 10.8 seconds (should be easier to tell on this)

SCH abuses the Arts bypass of the cap liberally when they do stun locking. If Dark Arts didn't bypass the 80% recast reduction rule, the lowest time they would ever get would be a 9 second recast. Using Reforged AF feet and Reforged Relic Head though, they can get an extra 25% (inlcuding arts) off that 9 seconds to 6.75 seconds.

One thing I have never tested, but I'm 99% sure of based on conversations with others (I can't test, I do not have any path II elemental magian staves) is that the recast affinity bonus also bypasses the 80% cap AND is a separate term from Arts. I have spoken with many SCHs who still use Apajamas II because they can get their stun recast under 6 seconds.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-04 12:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH abuses the Arts bypass of the cap liberally when they do stun locking. If Dark Arts didn't bypass the 80% recast reduction rule, the lowest time they would ever get would be a 9 second recast. Using Reforged AF feet and Reforged Relic Head though, they can get an extra 25% (inlcuding arts) off that 9 seconds to 6.75 seconds.

Academic loafers and pedagogic head adds to dark art reduction, and iirc, that reduction caps at 25%. And that cap adds wth haste/fc up to 80% max reduction, so with just gear, you cant get below 20% of original recast time. Alacrity can bypass that cap, though last time i checked it, i think as blm/sch, i couldnt get bellow 9 secs, but it wasnt a serious testing so im not sure, but im positive, you cant get below 9 secs recast with gear without alacrity.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-04 21:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There easiest way to confirm this would be to test using the spell Raise.

Cast Time is 15 seconds
Recast is 60 seconds

if Light arts doesn't bypass the 80% cap then with 80% fast cast + Light Arts

Cast Time: 2.6 seconds
Recast: 12 seconds

if Light arts does bypass the 80% cap then

Cast Time: 2.3 seconds (still hard to quantify a 0.3 second difference)
Recast: 10.8 seconds (should be easier to tell on this)

One thing I have never tested, but I'm 99% sure of based on conversations with others (I can't test, I do not have any path II elemental magian staves) is that the recast affinity bonus also bypasses the 80% cap AND is a separate term from Arts. I have spoken with many SCHs who still use Apajamas II because they can get their stun recast under 6 seconds.

I have the ele staffs, they do not break the cap, people are bull shitting you.

Retested WHM/SCH using Raise as you suggested, Light arts from the Packet data does not exceed 80% cap.

Moving on.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-03-05 17:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's news to me! Any idea if it's additive or multiplicative? In other words, can WHM/SCH cap cast time at -70% or do we need -78% so that cutting 10% off the remaining cast time takes us down to 20%?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-05 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's news to me! Any idea if it's additive or multiplicative? In other words, can WHM/SCH cap cast time at -70% or do we need -78% so that cutting 10% off the remaining cast time takes us down to 20%?

Its in the main page of the guide and page 3/4 when Luloo asked,

78% is required from fastcast to hit 80% cap as its multiplicative :)
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-03-08 12:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

\'-'/ Hurray 206 dmg club!

(playing around!)
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-15 18:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So i was dicking around in abyssea with cure sets and I was trying to get my curaga as high as possible using MND atmas (undying, allure) Got up to 712 curaga and then casted Boost-MND for 25 more. Still 712. So obviously there's a hard cap at the mnd effectiveness on curaga, anyone know what it is?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 19:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
So i was dicking around in abyssea with cure sets and I was trying to get my curaga as high as possible using MND atmas (undying, allure) Got up to 712 curaga and then casted Boost-MND for 25 more. Still 712. So obviously there's a hard cap at the mnd effectiveness on curaga, anyone know what it is?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cure_Formula
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-15 19:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand how the soft cap system works, at what rate does adding more spell power to curaga effect the rate and const variables?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Soft cap would be the current value of "Power".

At capped Power, you have a factor 1/(2*rate) to multiply the current cap. For curaga I, it would be 1/71.32, so you would need at least 23 MND for +1 change in your "Base" value (that goes before cure pot/cure recived/day bonus).
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-15 19:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently I'm capped with no mnd atma of any kind, with boost-mnd only I'm still 712 curaga 3, 705 is without. I'll play with gear until I find exactly what mind i need to cap
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-15 19:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

89+178 mnd capped my at 712 curaga 3. Calculated power from mnd vit and healing skill put me at 1050 power.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-15 20:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
89+178 mnd capped my at 712 curaga 3. Calculated power from mnd vit and healing skill put me at 1050 power.

After a certain point MND becomes (or stat vomit) becomes very mediocre for Cure, You have surpassed that point some time ago, it then becomes a balance between ~

1 extra HP vs Spell Speed/Recast/Threat control.

With the way the game is, Cure Power isn't a "Focus" once you get to a certain point, and the secondary stats on gear such as Fast Cast, Haste, Emnity have far more Value.

Think of it like the Curve for haste but working in reverse, i/e at level 1, 5% Haste is worse than 5 attack, that's effectively what we have here, 25 MND is worse than say -1 Emnity.

Granted this doesn't help you with calculating your caps etc but realistically we are not obtaining that until SE adds Atma's to every zone in game (EasyEasier Mode FFXI Incoming).
Rather Irritatingly, due to some Mechanic SE Introduced, MND doesn't affect the damage your cure spell deals to the undead, it doesn't affect Resists Rates either, making it rather unreliable as Offensive Magic(I remember SE trying to Fix that and we could Cure Undead for 9999 Damage, which was hilarious).

I wasn't able to find any testing on it however but I believe this is still the case that Cure Offensive;y is primarily based on the Power of your spell and Level Correction Formula Applies still.

If however someone wants to test and finds something different, I would be very interested in seeing such Data, not that it matters a great deal, more for obscurity.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 95 96 97