On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-15 20:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm already considering dropping some power off for -enmity at the least conserve MP. Equip haste is really hard to come by as a whm tho especially in a cure set. Could care less about curing skeletons tho lol.

Also with all the snapshot and dw you can get on alluvion armor, and probably empy reforge, I'm really tempted to change my haverton into a janniston ring >_>
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-16 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Yeah I'm already considering dropping some power off for -enmity at the least conserve MP. Equip haste is really hard to come by as a whm tho especially in a cure set. Could care less about curing skeletons tho lol.

Also with all the snapshot and dw you can get on alluvion armor, and probably empy reforge, I'm really tempted to change my haverton into a janniston ring >_>

With the Surplus amounts of Refresh, MND no longer providing a bonus, Weaponskill Damage + Ring not being BiS either, and now we know Snapshot caps at 70%, I'd agree with you that the only real choice (DT rings are NOT included as a choice because......... Reasons) is Cure Potency II for the aspiring WHM.

With that said, the fastcast/instant Cast Ring is imo, the best ring available, for my all in one Capped Cast time/ 18%+ Instant Cast set (I think it has capped Potency% also for those wanting all in one), as Cure Potency II, as I mathed earlier, adds a Very Arbitary amount that doesn't reduce the need to cast another top up cure, or add anything life changing, 5% Fastcast and instant cast however can be a huge addition to any WHM set, especially for non Healing Magic Spells if you don't have all the Magian Staffs.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 17:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Update may have *** enmity up pretty bad, I'd suggest using max enmity- sets for cures in the mean time
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 18:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Update may have *** enmity up pretty bad, I'd suggest using max enmity- sets for cures in the mean time

Appears Cap was raised 3x but cap for cures remain static? seems pretty stupid but I know on delve I was pulling hate when there were no changes, so yes Emnity is being made to matter, until SE fixes their broken ***again
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-26 18:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity on WHM is easy to get. It's actually really easy to cap. It's on everything...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't because there wasn't any need to (i went for max fc+ for lower recast) but i amended it all already
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 18:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angelsfate said: »
Yeah I thought you all cured in max enmity - gear already, I never shut up about it for years.

It's been very hard to cap Emnity on WHM in Competent groups for a long time now, the update has directly messed with Emnity, so your comment is simply showing your lack of knowledge of current state of the game (well last weeks......).

Guess we will have to wait for emergency maintenance or see if SE have gone full retard and leave it as it is.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

also another notice, if you are casting spells and using gearswap DO NOT USE <t> AS IT WON'T SWAP YOUR GEAR (I think GS can't define it or some ***right now?) so you have to debuff with either stnpc/bt and cure by either typing their name or stpc
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 18:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

also another notice, if you are casting spells and using gearswap DO NOT USE <t> AS IT WON'T SWAP YOUR GEAR (I think GS can't define it or some ***right now?) so you have to debuff with either stnpc/bt and cure by either typing their name or stpc

Interesting bug, although using <t> was always dumb, but that's better suited to the Windower Site to get fixed, would only take them an hour to fix it rather than people re writing how they play...........

I wonder if thats affecting anything else as I had no issues on Fudo <t> for example before, or holy, or blue spells, or my Curing an undead in Abyssea!

:3
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the thing is when you type something like //c3 for example, it considers that as using <t>, so now it automatically targets yourself as well. I was using //c3 t to bypass that in the meantime except I found out it wasn't swapping gear. I also use <t> in my debuff macros anyway (or i'd do //debuffname while targeting the mob)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 18:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the thing is when you type something like //c3 for example, it considers that as using <t>, so now it automatically targets yourself as well. I was using //c3 t to bypass that in the meantime except I found out it wasn't swapping gear. I also use <t> in my debuff macros anyway (or i'd do //debuffname while targeting the mob)

I can't replicate your issue, so not a clue.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I wonder if it's cause I'm using Mote's WHM GS that used the old libs? Did you try on WHM? My SAM also works fine cause I use bokura's base
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-26 18:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Yeah I thought you all cured in max enmity - gear already, I never shut up about it for years.

It's been very hard to cap Emnity on WHM in Competent groups for a long time now, the update has directly messed with Emnity, so your comment is simply showing your lack of knowledge of current state of the game (well last weeks......).

Guess we will have to wait for emergency maintenance or see if SE have gone full retard and leave it as it is.

Actually, it is very easy to cap. I do it easily without Gearswap, just using an all-in-one itemset. That also caps casting time at 80% with Light Arts, keeps 525 Healing Magic, so Tranquil Heart is more than capped plus extra for cure power, and still cures for 608 Cure III, 1099 Cure IV, and 1300ish Cure V, can't remember the exact number as I don't use it as much since 90% of the time Cure 3/4 are more than enough.

If I can do that without a precast set, you guys should have ZERO trouble capping enmity.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He wasn't talking about capping Enmity- gear, he was talking about reaching the enmity cap on WHM. I used to use seldom amounts of enmity- (maybe like 15-20 max) and almost never pulled hate once unless everyone took severe damage or hate reset occurred. Not everyone gears WHM the same way, you can choose to optimize different stats
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 18:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Actually, it is very easy to cap. I do it easily without Gearswap, just using an all-in-one itemset. That also caps casting time at 80% with Light Arts, keeps 525 Healing Magic, so Tranquil Heart is more than capped plus extra for cure power, and still cures for 608 Cure III, 1099 Cure IV, and 1300ish Cure V, can't remember the exact number as I don't use it as much since 90% of the time Cure 3/4 are more than enough.

If I can do that without a precast set, you guys should have ZERO trouble capping enmity.

I haven't capped hate since.................................... beginning of delve.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-26 18:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

He wasn't talking about capping Enmity- gear, he was talking about reaching the enmity cap on WHM. I used to use seldom amounts of enmity- (maybe like 15-20 max) and almost never pulled hate once unless everyone took severe damage or hate reset occurred. Not everyone gears WHM the same way, you can choose to optimize different stats

My apologies, I misinterpreted what he was talking about.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 18:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have defensive sets and don't sit around like a potato when I know something bad is going to happen. It's not particularly hard to hit f10 and run to the dds and tank until hate is re-established
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-26 19:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have defensive sets and don't sit around like a potato when I know something bad is going to happen. It's not particularly hard to hit f10 and run to the dds and tank until hate is re-established

I have 119 defensive set as well, that has nothing to do with -enmity on cures, of which most gear for nowadays actually COMES with.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-26 19:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

how much you cure for never matters unless you have no support

a dd isn't going to die immediately after a cure

you aren't going to run out of mp with gjall ballads and af3 legs

af3 body/legs > cure potency I/II > enmity > haste > garbage like mnd and healing skill

the only valid reason to value minor increases to cure amount is if you primarily play your whm in duos with a glass job and have no source of refresh.. it's meaningless in group content or even a trio that includes a brd
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-26 19:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

and like i said, it's not like i *don't have* ANY enm-, I just didn't have CAPPED enm- because I aimed for FC/haste in certain slots

edit: the <t> issue has been fixed with the luacore updated if anyone other than me ran into that problem
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-26 19:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

and like i said, it's not like i *don't have* ANY enm-, I just didn't have CAPPED enm- because I aimed for FC/haste in certain slots

I usually don't bother gearing for haste on cures since most of the gear I use already comes with it. I currently have 18% haste in my cure set and I keep my self hasted at all times, my recasts on cures are only like 3 seconds on Cure 3 and 4 seconds on Cure 4, I've never had issues casting them back to back. The only thing that holds me back is that weird spellcasting wall more than anything.

I figure if I can fit all the stats I want on cures in one set, why not cap them all? And why should I bother with gearswap if I don't need it to gear what I need?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-26 19:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

cure 5/6/curaga5 have much less forgiving recasts and benefit from capped haste

before some idiot starts talking about mp efficiency this and cure 4 that, ballads make it irrelevant and if enmity is becoming an issue again then you'd be much better served using reduced hate cures than staying at 100% mp the whole fight
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-27 00:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed my mind, I like the enmity update. PLD holds hate on mobs incredibly well and I didn't pull hate spamming 4 step SCs the entire fight. WHMs never pulled hate either.

Guess this is SEs way of making PLD relevant again
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-27 07:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

before some idiot starts talking about mp efficiency this and cure 4 that, ballads make it irrelevant and if enmity is becoming an issue again then you'd be much better served using reduced hate cures than staying at 100% mp the whole fight

Oh man, I guess I've been doing it wrong. So the only Cure macros I should be using on WHM are Cure 5/6/Curaga5. Cure 3/4/Curaga2/3/4 are not good spells to use. Thank you for enlightening me! I'll make sure to only spam Curaga 5/Cure6 from now on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-27 15:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

MP Efficiency is only an issue when you don't have a Gjallahorn/well geared BRD.

For most of us, you're right, but for lesser geared groups, it can become a thing.

That said, Cure 4 is a Bad spell Emnity wise, if you don't need to worry about MP, Cure 5 with C3 / aga 3 for tops is better normally.

The update has made PLD relevant, and you shouldn't take hate from a PLD who is tanking as everyone elses damage taken is reduced (also makes jobs that don't need overwhelm more relevant) so I'd agree that an EMnity set is better since this update, and honestly was probably needed.
By Muffz 2015-03-31 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello again fellow whm's!

Due to the recent surge of players on nuking jobs, I've taken it upon myself to cap out my Devotion set. I think I'm getting there but I'm not sure exactly what to aim for gearwise to get the most out of this wonderful ability.

Would anyone care to post their maximum HP set for information purposes? I'd greatly appreciate it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-01 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was rereading the guide, and saw two references to gendewitha with fast cast augments. Issue being, gendewitha, to my knowledge(and that of BGwiki) doesn't get a fast cast augment.

There are cure cast- or song cast- augs on gendewitha, but not fast cast augments.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 95 96 97