On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 95 96 97
 Shiva.Kohh
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kohh
By Shiva.Kohh 2016-12-09 13:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone mind checking my GS? I cant get gear to switch while weather is up.. thanks.. Heres my pastebin

Your text to link here...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-11 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the regen +1 on Kumbira Cape entail?
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
Server: Ragnarok
user: Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2016-12-11 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
whats the regen +1 on Kumbira Cape entail?

It gives the wearer 1 regen/tic while equipped like other regen gear. It doesn't affect regen potency or duration.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-11 13:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I had an epiphany a couple weeks back and it occurred to me that there may be other WHMs out there in need of the same epiphany.

I'd been slowly adding fast cast to my precast build over the years and never really did the math until recently. It turns out I'm well over the 80% cast time cap for Cures from gear alone.

I've thus dropped my Cure Cast merits that I've had since the dawn of time, and I'm now 5/5 in both regen potency & barspells without any apparent slowing of my casts. Should've done this a long time ago!

Yep that's the progression. New WHM starts out 5/5 Cure Cast and then as they get better gear they convert the Cure Cast merits into Regen Potency. CC merits are amazing when your starting out but eventually become redundant as you get better gear.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-12-11 17:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a gearswap since my addition of Yagrush to complete clubs. Possibly enhancing magic duration gear included in said gearswap would be fantastic along with storm curing.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-11 19:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Looking for a gearswap since my addition of Yagrush to complete clubs. Possibly enhancing magic duration gear included in said gearswap would be fantastic along with storm curing.
Mine which is on the main page of this guide, have all that pretty stuffs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-12-11 19:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »

Should have looked for the booty
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-12 12:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I found it on dev tracker forums:

"Cursna (2016/9/14)

In the past, we had made posts regarding the effectiveness of the spell Cursna. However, some of that information was inaccurate, so we wish to correct the record.

The success rate of the spell varies with Healing Magic Skill, and at 500 skill, it has a 26% chance of removing the status effect. It should be noted that there is no cap on how much Healing Magic Skill can affect the spell.

Equipment that increase the effects of Cursna will multiply with the base removal rate rather than simply adding to the percentage value. This effect is 1% for every +1 effect on equipment. With this, it is possible to raise the removal rate to 100%.

The more you boost the effect, the more effective the spell will be. We hope players take advantage of this! "
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-12 13:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

09/14/2016 Cursna JP Dev Post
[+]
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2016-12-12 16:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »

"Cursna (2016/9/14)

In the past, we had made posts regarding the effectiveness of the spell Cursna. However, some of that information was inaccurate, so we wish to correct the record.

The success rate of the spell varies with Healing Magic Skill, and at 500 skill, it has a 26% chance of removing the status effect. It should be noted that there is no cap on how much Healing Magic Skill can affect the spell.

Equipment that increase the effects of Cursna will multiply with the base removal rate rather than simply adding to the percentage value. This effect is 1% for every +1 effect on equipment. With this, it is possible to raise the removal rate to 100%.

The more you boost the effect, the more effective the spell will be. We hope players take advantage of this! "

Assuming this goes in a linear equation, w/ a base of 10% at 0 skill and 26% at 500 skill, this implies that ever ~31 skill gives 1% to base value success rate, which is pretty terrible unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong and it goes in a tier base.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-12 17:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The good news is a full jp/merit whm with all cursna/healing skill pieces availabke on 2016 sept, dont have to worry anymore about his cursna set i assume? or only for inventory space lol
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-12 17:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have looked for the booty
Hehe

Damn conagh and his pun.

The worst is that I cannot change it at all >.< It's a regular post and not a node.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-12 18:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said: »
Asura.Ganno said: »

"Cursna (2016/9/14)

Assuming this goes in a linear equation, w/ a base of 10% at 0 skill and 26% at 500 skill, this implies that ever ~31 skill gives 1% to base value success rate, which is pretty terrible unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong and it goes in a tier base.
oooo

Thank you. I didnt see that they made a new post about it.
I will update that part of the main page when I get my life back.... which should be sometime this weekend.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-12 18:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kohh said: »
Anyone mind checking my GS? I cant get gear to switch while weather is up.. thanks.. Heres my pastebin

Your text to link here...
Hey Kohh, My guess is priority wise, do you always have enmity toggle on? Because if so, its most likely never gonna switch to weather gears because of the order of the cure rules. If not then I do not understand why your gears aren't switching up, everything is wrote properly and should work.

Sorry.
By Tyrael 2016-12-13 13:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me what the current cap for CP II+% is? I cannot seem to find any information on its current cap and with he new pieces from Omen id like to make sure my sets are as best as they can be. Thanks.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 13:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyrael said: »
Can anyone tell me what the current cap for CP II+% is? I cannot seem to find any information on its current cap and with he new pieces from Omen id like to make sure my sets are as best as they can be. Thanks.
We could never find a cap, largely because there was not enough of the gear to ever find where it stopped to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-13 15:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Some good upgrades here and some much needed enhancing duration on feet at least. We also have a shield with duration too!

Some other goodies for various things also, melee WHM anyone?

Amazing idle piece, do want!

Looking forward to what AF2 and (hopefully) AF3 look like.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-18 11:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did last update change anything with Weapon Skill STR modifier?
Skjalf was doing over 17k with Hexa Strike on Naga Raja...
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-22 17:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I will update the sets this weekend. Was waiting for the gears to be "properly loaded" on ffxiah.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-22 18:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I will update the sets this weekend. Was waiting for the gears to be "properly loaded" on ffxiah.

Oh cool, interested if your sets are better than the ones I came up with :D
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-24 12:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All right, all sets should be updated. If I missed anything, please tell me.

Happy holidays everyone!

[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-12-27 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As always thanks for the hard work Krys :)

For 'obtainable' cure sets, you might consider using Vanya Hood/Boots instead of NQ Kaykaus. They're easier to get than both Kaykaus and Gendewitha, and better in my opinion.

NQ Kaykaus Head + Feet [Path B]:
20 potency1
15 skill
-15 enmity
6 conserve mp

Vanya Hood + Clogs [Path A]:
29 potency1
20 skill
-12 enmity
6 conserve mp

The Vanya makes it a lot easier to cap potency1. I'm a big advocate of Vanya pieces for returning WHMs. Kaykaus, in my opinion, is a complete waste of time if not HQ. I literally haven't uncursed a single piece...

EDIT: Also maybe include the max enhancing duration for Gada now that it's more relevant. I'm not sure what the max is, but it's at least +6. I got my Ammurapi last night (we're doing Kei again tonight if you're around Krys!) and my Gada currently has +6 but I'm not sure if it goes higher.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-28 23:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For 'obtainable' cure sets, you might consider using Vanya Hood/Boots instead of NQ Kaykaus. They're easier to get than both Kaykaus and Gendewitha, and better in my opinion.

20 potency1
15 skill
-15 enmity
6 conserve mp

29 potency1
20 skill
-12 enmity
6 conserve mp

The Vanya makes it a lot easier to cap potency1. I'm a big advocate of Vanya pieces for returning WHMs. Kaykaus, in my opinion, is a complete waste of time if not HQ. I literally haven't uncursed a single piece...

EDIT: Also maybe include the max enhancing duration for Gada now that it's more relevant. I'm not sure what the max is, but it's at least +6. I got my Ammurapi last night (we're doing Kei again tonight if you're around Krys!) and my Gada currently has +6 but I'm not sure if it goes higher.
Kaykaus feet are used to reach the 50% cure pot cap though and vanya doesn't give you any enmity if you do path B and no skill if you do path A. I made the nq sets to show how to cap power/enmity/cure pot without buying HQ pieces, they aren't meant to be beginners/returning sets. Altho, I could somehow make a third category in the beginner part and do an early reseinjima type of cure set.

In the end tho, the sets are just to show possibilities. There is so many different combination you can make and still reach max cure pot, power and enmity. I just cannot create 6653954655 sets just to please different points of views, I'm pretty sure I am already giving everyone nausea with the amount I already made.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-29 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

20 potency1
15 skill
-15 enmity
6 conserve mp

29 potency1
20 skill
-12 enmity
6 conserve mp

Kaykaus feet are used to reach the 50% cure pot cap though and vanya doesn't give you any enmity if you do path B and no skill if you do path A. I made the nq sets to show how to cap power/enmity/cure pot without buying HQ pieces, they aren't meant to be beginners/returning sets. Altho, I could somehow make a third category in the beginner part and do an early reseinjima type of cure set.

In the end tho, the sets are just to show possibilities. There is so many different combination you can make and still reach max cure pot, power and enmity. I just cannot create 6653954655 sets just to please different points of views, I'm pretty sure I am already giving everyone nausea with the amount I already made.

I'll take the info over some other forums that is recommending skirmish v1 gear augments as best in slot pieces. It is much appreciated :D
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-01-03 10:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaykaus feet are used to reach the 50% cure pot cap though and vanya doesn't give you any enmity if you do path B and no skill if you do path A.
If you do path A on both Vanya pieces, you end up with more skill and a LOT more potency than NQ Kaykaus path B.

I get showing options and alternatives, but why show an option that has easier-to-obtain alternatives that give superior stats? Plus I think showing a cure build that doesn't use Kaykaus presents more options than showing HQ Kaykaus, and alternatively, NQ Kaykaus... that's not exactly diverse if ya catch my drift. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2017-01-03 21:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Thank you both for the time and effort put in to this thread. I really enjoy seeing different opinions and takes on gear sets.

To that point I think Vanya and Kaykaus NQ are both easily accessible really.

In my personal sets, the only piece I believe is a must have would be Vanya Clogs Path B.

+40 Healing Magic skill fits in quite nicely with many sets. Especially when paired with +5 cursna as well. Cure Potency isn't particularly difficult to cap and neither is enmity especially if you have -5 Enmity from merits.

The new Theophany Gloves +3 are a must have and the body is quite nice as well.

The question becomes is 40 healing skill > +5 cursna?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-04 15:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Asura.Raitoken said: »
The question becomes is 40 healing skill > +5 cursna?

I agree. It was stated that there is no cap on how much Healing Magic Skill affects curse removal and that at 500 Healing Magic Skill you have a base chance of 26% to remove Doom.

And for every +xx Cursna you get a multiplier of 1.xx to that base chance.

So basicaly all we have is:

MysteryFormula[Healing Magic Skill] * 1.xx = %Chance Doom Removal
MysteryFormula[500] = 26%

Is that wrong or is someone able to actually figure out the actual formula?
It was also stated that 0 skill = 10% so we have some kind of idea but nothing set in stone.
I tried pushing this on the NA side of the OF forms if it tier based or just scales up of-course got no kind of response.

My OF Post if anyone wants to try getting it seen more.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 95 96 97