On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 95 96 97
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-30 13:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing with combinations of sets, best I could come up with is this for capped haste. The cape is DW+10, dex +20, acc +30, and attack +20. The Telchine Braconi have attack/acc, DA +3%, and WSDMG +3%. All of the Chironic pieces have attack/acc/DA+4. Swapping to Onca, your options become far more limited.

ItemSet 342868

Judgment is the best WS to spam for just pure damage. Black Halo is a little worse, but has better skillchain properties. Hexa is a good WS, but White Mage really lacks the ability to properly enhance it through gear(no crit hit dmg at all). As for Judgment and Black Halo, you want to make a Str/attack/acc/wsdmg cape. Telchine can get WSDMG +3% on it, and will beat Chironic with DA. So, you can enhance those two weaponskills decently on WHM.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-08-20 19:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I was doing Apex Bats earlier today and got tired of spamming Erase. I remembered that Leviathan has an attack down move, so I tried Barwatera and it was extremely effective. (It was an inundation party so this was actually kind of important.) DD went from almost never resisting to resisting 19/20 times.

I don't know if the element of attack down is widely known so I figured I'd toss that out there.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-08-20 19:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The element of status down effects is usually the element that is strong to the element associated with that stat being reduced.

STR/Attack are fire based
Fire is weak to water
STR/Attack down are water based.

VIT/Def are earth based
Earth is weak to wind
VIT/Def down are wind based.

MND/MDB are water based
Water is weak to thunder
MND/Mag.Def. Down are thunder based.

AGI/Evasion are wind based
Wind is weak to ice
AGI/Evasion down are ice based.

INT/MAB are ice based
Ice is weak to fire
INT/MAB down are fire based.

DEX/Acc are thunder based
Thunder is weak to earth
DEX/Acc down are earth based.
[+]
 Odin.Nagatnas
Server: Odin
user: Nagatna
By Odin.Nagatnas 2016-08-27 18:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a good gearswap that is not a clusterhell of information that does not make sense. The one I have now is just too randomly blinking. I'll trade an item and it will swap to my fastcast set. Its strange. Almost to the point where I wanna just pay someone to make me a special customized gearswap for my White Mage.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-08-29 11:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I put mine on Pastebin a while back, you're welcome to take a gander at it. It's veerrrry simple, no includes at all.

http://pastebin.com/bxBtAx8K

It will not swap gear for item usage, except after you finish using it. Like if you try to use a Warp Ring, and the timer isn't up on the ring, it won't remove the ring like most Luas will. However, if you successfully use the Warp Ring, it'll change back to your idle gear right afterwards. I can't say about trading items... haven't really watched that.

My advice: Get Dressup to prevent blinking.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2016-08-29 20:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, White Mages!!

I was hoping that I could get some clarification regarding Afflatus Solace cureskin on cures. So this Stoneskin with the 119 Emp body gives 39% of a Cureskin effect based upon the HP that would be cured. Does this Cureskin cap at like 350 HP though? Can it only go so high? Or if you cured for like 2,000+ HP, it would give a 780 Stoneskin effect?

I think I once read that it could exceed 350 HP, but I don't play Whm myself. So would just love to know for sure by some real Whms!
By RolandJ 2016-08-29 21:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there Creecreelo,

The cureskin effect does not have a cap that I know of; it is greater than 781, at least. If you check out the thread "Alaunus's Cape, Our New JSE : Q&A" in this very same White Mage forum, you'll find tests done by Ihina on the first page that show her recieving a cureskin amount of 781. Enjoy your powerful cureskin! :D
[+]
By Creecreelo 2016-08-29 21:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the response!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-29 20:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

would Fucho-no-Obi make a better refresh idle piece then the Slipor Sash listed? Granted its refresh is only active under 50% but its better then nothing.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-30 10:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, use Fucho under 50% and Slipor above 50% (although I'd question how a WHM ends up below 50% these days)
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 10:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yes, use Fucho under 50% and Slipor above 50% (although I'd question how a WHM ends up below 50% these days)

Silence the Ambuscade Gnole while on WHM without having prior buffed up and watch red HP ensue! (little on-going running joke)

But seriously, it's funny. Normally there's never any danger but when I silenced the Gnole last night it was right before Asuran Claw, which I subsequently ate full on.

But yeah, a WHM should never be below 50% HP long enough to even warrant triggering the latent effect of that sash. IMO, Slipor all the way.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-30 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 50% MP not HP on Fucho-no-obi
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 10:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Its 50% MP not HP on Fucho-no-obi

Oops. I knew that. My story is still cool, though.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-30 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting yea, I wasn't aware he acted that way to spells.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 11:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an accidental discovery to be honest. I was just curious whether the Ambuscade Gnole reacted similarly (or differently) to the Kamihr Drifts NM, and sure enough it does. When Silenced, it will not do Call of the Moon (I think it's called?) which causes that nasty Counter move.

I'm sure we've all had DD drop dead almost immediately from that TP move before. It's kind of funny really.

EDIT: To elaborate more. When you silence him. All enmity is shed from whoever had hate at the time (actually everyone) and it is planted on the WHM (or whoever cast silence on him). This goes on for about 10 seconds or so give or take.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-09-30 12:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do that though when you can just stun Call of the Moon .
By Afania 2016-09-30 12:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

It was an accidental discovery to be honest. I was just curious whether the Ambuscade Gnole reacted similarly (or differently) to the Kamihr Drifts NM, and sure enough it does. When Silenced, it will not do Call of the Moon (I think it's called?) which causes that nasty Counter move.

I'm sure we've all had DD drop dead almost immediately from that TP move before. It's kind of funny really.

EDIT: To elaborate more. When you silence him. All enmity is shed from whoever had hate at the time (actually everyone) and it is planted on the WHM (or whoever cast silence on him). This goes on for about 10 seconds or so give or take.

If you use setup like tank DD DD DD COR GEO, you don't need silence at all and DD can just go all out without worry about counter or virus or anything.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 13:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Why do that though when you can just stun Call of the Moon .

Probably because I've never taken the time or effort to bring a stunner to a 2 minute fight.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-30 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

But GEOs go /BLM for Warp after getting KI anyway!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-09-30 15:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Im pretty sure its debilitating advance that increase the counter activation rate. Call of the moon seems to increase the intimidation rate that is more bothersome than counter, but also debilitating advance is super rare. Most of time i do gnole, he just spam call of the moon/plenilune embrace and an asuran claw here and there. (Nox is also used quite often, as well its the acc down+virus move that i forgot the name).
By Nocki 2016-09-30 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
But GEOs go /BLM for Warp after getting KI anyway!
That's the only reason I knew it was stunnable!
 Sylph.Parshias
Server: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2016-10-16 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you might have already built a set similar to this one, but I'd like to recommend to the thread a new type of idle set for WHM using the Ambuscade gear:

ItemSet 344869

This set has:
+575 Magic Evasion
+44 Magic Defense Bonus
-50% PDT
-42% MDT (so you're more than capped with Shell V)
15% chance to ignore status effects

The Magic Evasion is the real kicker here. Idling in this set makes you incredibly durable. I started using it a couple of months ago for the Gigas Ambuscade and was regularly able to resist the AoE MP reset move on the Difficult level, usually getting a near full resist and losing hardly any MP. Recently I've been able to avoid status effects in fights like Albumen and Schah to show that this works well even at the highest levels of content.

Since the set has no idle Refresh, it is best used in Escha area where you'll have Refresh from vorseals. WHMs don't spend a ton of MP on heals these days anyway.

Ideally this set would drop the Paguroidea Ring for a Gelatinous Ring +1 to keep PDT up and then dropping the Umbra Cape and the Mensch Strap for an Alaunus's Cape and an Irenic Strap/+1 for an extra +40/45 Magic Evasion. These changes would leave you a little short on PDT, but this would be made up by having 3/3 Damage Taken vorseals in Escha.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-11-03 18:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

how do whms go about getting there job points? Dont exactly see shouts for them. I could aeo on bst and have whm standing by. But i was wondering if there is any other or better options.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-11-03 18:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do whms go about getting there job points? Dont exactly see shouts for them. I could aeo on bst and have whm standing by. But i was wondering if there is any other or better options.

Best bet is for the WHM to yell for Apex MB party members.

:3
 Asura.Niamor
user: Niamor
By Asura.Niamor 2016-11-03 19:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is also used quite a lot in AoE Reisenjima party.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-07 10:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did pretty much all of mine in apex. As WHM/SCH, you can apply Boost-INT to the party and give them all Hailstorm or their weather of choice and give Haste to whoever needs it. If you have enough enhancing duration, you can also keep Accession+Regen4 up fulltime and won't really have to do much healing, thus freeing you up to be a puller. Being able to pull on top of your regular duties is what sets apart a good WHM from a decent one in apex parties.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2016-11-07 12:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I did pretty much all of mine in apex. As WHM/SCH, you can apply Boost-INT to the party and give them all Hailstorm or their weather of choice and give Haste to whoever needs it. If you have enough enhancing duration, you can also keep Accession+Regen4 up fulltime and won't really have to do much healing, thus freeing you up to be a puller. Being able to pull on top of your regular duties is what sets apart a good WHM from a decent one in apex parties.

I just did this yesterday. Got tired of ppl getting destroyed and the puller being slow. so I switched from BLM to WHM. Granted the GEO could have pulled, but why would a GEO do anything when they can opt to do nothing (hell I couldn't even get him to frazzle)? But yah, kept up boosts, regen, and storm, while opening every pull w/ a para/slow to further keep the 2 DDs alive. Worked very well. I'm surprised ppl don't ask for it more. Probably cuz most WHM are even more useless than lolGEO and if they have to do more than spam Cure6 then they /wrists and leave.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-09 12:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had an epiphany a couple weeks back and it occurred to me that there may be other WHMs out there in need of the same epiphany.

I'd been slowly adding fast cast to my precast build over the years and never really did the math until recently. It turns out I'm well over the 80% cast time cap for Cures from gear alone.

I've thus dropped my Cure Cast merits that I've had since the dawn of time, and I'm now 5/5 in both regen potency & barspells without any apparent slowing of my casts. Should've done this a long time ago!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 95 96 97