Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-09-25 20:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Lyncath said: »
Can see Rune Fencer being very, VERY good for these fights. It already laughs off Astral Flow and single-elemental attacks like they're nothing. That it can put -45% elemental damage taken to all party members and utterly tank enemy magic accuracy with it's 1-hour only makes it all the better.

Whm/Brd/Geo/Run/Sam/Sam would wreck house I'd wager.

Sorry Paladin with

white mage with Shell merits and
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sacrosanctity

astral flow will be nonexistent unless the avatars have some piercing of magic defense and then there's the bar spells as well.

nothing can de-throne paladin now.

but yeah I guess ruin fencer could work if there elemental defenses Skills are as high as people are saying it is.

Huh. Well, I'm a pretty well-geared RUN, now if only I knew where to get a Burg/Aegis/Ochain paladin...

...oh yeah. I'm married to one.

Looks like we're covered regardless.

If their elemental defense is as high as people say...I laughed too hard at that. Especially already knowing the element you're up against.

I am glad that I can be both, and my Rune has Ok gear! Looks like I will get invited to parties regardless!

Or just throw sams at it so it dies before it can do anything?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-25 21:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
Can see Rune Fencer being very, VERY good for these fights. It already laughs off Astral Flow and single-elemental attacks like they're nothing. That it can put -45% elemental damage taken to all party members and utterly tank enemy magic accuracy with it's 1-hour only makes it all the better.

Sorry Paladin with

astral flow will be nonexistent unless the avatars have some piercing of magic defense and then there's the bar spells as well.

but yeah I guess ruin fencer could work if there elemental defenses Skills are as high as people are saying it is.

Huh. Well, I'm a pretty well-geared RUN, now if only I knew where to get a Burg/Aegis/Ochain paladin...

If their elemental defense is as high as people say...I laughed too hard at that. Especially already knowing the element you're up against.

I am glad that I can be both, and my Rune has Ok gear! Looks like I will get invited to parties regardless!

It's not like sam has an SP that will ignore every dangerous move and kill them before it can wear off !
[+]
By minikomby 2014-09-25 21:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I see these fights more like walking beast avatars fight, you will fight avatar and 4 elementals, they nuke and heal avatar, also they could add attack randon player
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-09-25 22:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Burt pld> run
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-26 00:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The PLD vs. RUN debate is kinda inconsequential unless you play both jobs. At least as a RUN, instead of spending time making 2 shields and a mythic, I could just tank stuff in sparks gear if I had to.

Anyway, the first of the new BC pictures showed a RUN using Unda Lunge with !! popping up over Ifrit's head, so it's highly likely that some degree of elemental damage will be relevant to these fights.

Oh, and a question for any SMNs out there: Is Flaming Crush crappy on enemies with high fire resistance/reduction? Should I force SMN friends to test the move on me in Ballista? Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-26 01:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin is better for rng fight, run is better for dd/nin fight; both are pretty much useless in current end game :(
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 07:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The PLD vs. RUN debate is kinda inconsequential unless you play both jobs. At least as a RUN, instead of spending time making 2 shields and a mythic, I could just tank stuff in sparks gear if I had to.

Anyway, the first of the new BC pictures showed a RUN using Unda Lunge with !! popping up over Ifrit's head, so it's highly likely that some degree of elemental damage will be relevant to these fights.

Oh, and a question for any SMNs out there: Is Flaming Crush crappy on enemies with high fire resistance/reduction? Should I force SMN friends to test the move on me in Ballista? Thanks in advance.

Flaming Crush is a combination of physical and magical, so it's certainly worth trying out to see if its worth using. I've used it on Brulo when soloing and it does good damage, granted I'm 119.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-26 08:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

Sorry Paladin with

Yeah, as long as SE didn't mess with them and give Shiva thunder damage or something stupid then RUN will pretty much own any single element fight. Vallation effect can be kept on full time and it stacks with MDT, MDB and the insane level of Magic Evasion RUN gets. You can be in full offensive TP gear and just laugh at any magic damage. Heck give everyone in your party a high resistance for that period as well.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-26 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Burt pld> run

maybe but when you factor one of these into your statement, its not quite the same.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-26 09:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to remember, but wasn't there a way to warp directly to the protocrystals once you've already been there once, in the past?(and I'm not talking about Trial-By-X level cap warps) It's been so long, though, since I've used them I can't remember where it was.

Is there anyone that remembers? I don't particularly want to run out there for the new Home Points if I don't have to, lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 09:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I missed something, there isn't a way to teleport to the proto-crystals apart from Trial by X style warps.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 09:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Burt pld> run

maybe but when you factor one of these into your statement, its not quite the same.
I must admit that weapon is pretty cool, puts you in a comparable position with Burt + Aegis PLD at least when it comes to PDT and MDT/reducing magic damage being RUNs thing.

EDIT: One thing I have been curious about though is when it comes to spellcasting, generally PLD can rely on shield blocks to prevent interruptions, does RUN get anything comparable with the likes of evasion or parrying, or is it just a case of timing your spells correctly?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-26 09:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Burt pld> run

I must admit that weapon is pretty cool, puts you in a comparable position with Burt + Aegis PLD at least when it comes to PDT and MDT/reducing magic damage being RUNs thing.

EDIT: One thing I have been curious about though is when it comes to spellcasting, generally PLD can rely on shield blocks to prevent interruptions, does RUN get anything comparable with the likes of evasion or parrying, or is it just a case of timing your spells correctly?

Run pretty much get instan cast on everything!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 10:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, I've just had a look over their spell list and they mostly seem to be spells with low cast times, guess that helps!
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 10:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Burt pld> run

Run pretty much get instan cast on everything!

^

Vallation/Valiance are crazy fast cast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 10:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I'm confused again, you say Vallation and Valiance are crazy fast cast but when I look on BGwiki it says nothing about them granting a fast cast effect, is it a mistake on their part?

EDIT: Oh OK, just seen the meritable ability Inspiration, makes sense now.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-09-26 10:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I'm confused again, you say Vallation and Valiance are crazy fast cast but when I look on BGwiki it says nothing about them granting a fast cast effect, is it a mistake on their part?

Inspiration merits.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 10:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner has a ton of great pet gears already, I can't imagine what else it could get when -perp and bp delay are so easy to cap

Any more pet-specific gear is going to make smn a monster, especially if you're mythic
By Crevox 2014-09-26 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any more pet-specific gear is going to make smn a monster, especially if you're mythic

Let's not get too hasty z_z SMN is really weak right now, at least without a Mythic (I don't have a mythic so I can't say for that). Our buffs are poor and against anything high level, our damage is absolutely terrible compared to any DD (well, compared to anything, actually).
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-26 10:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

With Inspiration Merits + Relic 119 legs on Valliance/Valation procs Run gets a ridiculous amount of fast cast. With Valliance it is also applied to anyone in range when activated. Run also has Battuta which when active, causes parry at a rate comparable to ochain blocks + elemental spike damage.

Also seems when it parries physical TP/WS moves it causes it to miss completely. At least it has been my experience with AA Hume on D.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 10:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:

Let's not get too hasty z_z SMN is really weak right now, at least without a Mythic (I don't have a mythic so I can't say for that). Our buffs are poor and against anything high level, our damage is absolutely terrible compared to any DD.

It's not a dd nor a support job, but from a standpoint of solo or situation-specific where you want some decent elemental damage, smn tears it up
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 10:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, I'd LOVE gears to make smn stronger, and I think all high-level battlefields could benefit from a well-geared smn
By Crevox 2014-09-26 10:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's not a dd nor a support job, but from a standpoint of solo or situation-specific where you want some decent elemental damage, smn tears it up

And yet while it does both, it does both terribly. It can't be warranted a party slot at all right now outside of like skirmish, and even then, other jobs are easily better.

Yes, SMN is good at soloing tough things, but if the things aren't tough (survivability is not a worry), other jobs still kill it quicker unless you have your 2 hour up. If not, you're waiting around on BP timer.

I main Summoner and am working on Nirvana, but I know where our faults lie. I cannot justify bringing SMN to delve because of how bad it is.
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If our main SMN is on, he always comes to Delve.

He is handy for BPs, his 1hr(this is one of the best 1hrs imho), and his avatar favors certainly help
By Crevox 2014-09-26 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
If our main SMN is on, he always comes to Delve.

He is handy for BPs, his 1hr(this is one of the best 1hrs imho), and his avatar favors certainly help

Then I think your groups are misjudging his usefulness, unless he has a Nirvana. Go ahead and try parsing his damage, and he shouldn't even come anywhere NEAR any of the damage dealers (I would say less than 10% of the damage would be him), unless he uses Astral Conduit on a fight (and he still will be far behind). This is even more true if he is using favors, because if he's using favors, his damage is drastically reduced AND the favor is useless if you decide to BP Rage. The only way I could see him being at least somewhere on the parse is if you're running something easy like Tojil or Shark, but even then, I doubt it.

Not to mention, the only useful favor (literally) is Ifrit's, which is still not even worth a party slot. You have to be realistic here, because the only useful buffs summoner has is Warcry (every DD can do this), Inferno Howl, Hastega (luxury), Earthen Armor, and maybe Fenrir's. The others are "nice", but they are extremely minor bonuses. Even with a full macc set, my summons can't land debuffs (Tidal Roar) on things in Delve 2.0.

Anyways, don't want to stray off topic, so gonna end it here. Just try not to exaggerate the usefulness of Summoner. I'm very geared, and know the job very well, but even I know when to measure my worth as a party slot and say, no, this is not worth it. Nowhere close.
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 10:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool, we can agree to disagree.

I'm just going to say that even though smn is VERY situation-specific, its 1hr/2hr and added dps while not super high can turn a near loss into a win when things get hairy
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-26 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, I've just had a look over their spell list and they mostly seem to be spells with low cast times, guess that helps!

Inspiration along with the following.

futhark trousers +1
runeist bandeau +1

Lets RUN cap FC stupid easy.

Then you have aquaveil and even stoneskin if people really want to push it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-09-26 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Inspiration along with the following.

futhark trousers +1
runeist bandeau +1

Lets RUN cap FC stupid easy.

Then you have aquaveil and even stoneskin if people really want to push it.

If you really want to chuck stuff onto your fastcast set, throw on Vanir body and your Prolix/Loquacious.

It's ridiculously easy to cap FC on rune fencer, and when you can spam your SS/shadows (if /nin) or whatever else, the weaknesses of the job are mitigated somewhat.

I do believe I am going to take the ballista smn idea and have some fun with that...
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-26 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Crevox said: »
Quote:

Let's not get too hasty z_z SMN is really weak right now, at least without a Mythic (I don't have a mythic so I can't say for that). Our buffs are poor and against anything high level, our damage is absolutely terrible compared to any DD.

I think the main reason why SMN is weak in a group content is because SE doesn't want it to be a DD. They said so on the forum.

As a support it has 2 useful buffs: EA and PD. You either need them and invite one to the party, or vice versa.

IMO the only way to fix it while following SE's hybrid job direcion is to give unique buffs and let it's dmg be an extra bonus.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-26 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Holy wat.
[+]