2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New High-tier Battlefields
New High-tier Battlefields
First Page 2 3 4
By Keido 2014-09-25 08:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1234] New High-tier Battlefields

As Summoner I hope this is not lame. New Avatar specific equipment? Kind of exciting kind of getting old hat and 20 merits a fight? Not that Merits are hard to come by anymore but why are the new fights 20 merits where all the older ones are 10?

Also looks like October will see Atmos. I am just guessing that's what they mean by new WotG mission.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-09-25 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Old battlefields weren't always 10 merits, they`ll probably lower the cost later after people have blitzed it to death like the older stuff.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-09-25 08:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ANOTHER round with avatars.

Trial by ____ ----> Waking the Beast ----> *Trial by ___

inb4 ---> *Waking the Beast!
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 08:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally getting tired of the merit-entry BCs.

No merits aren't hard to come by, but they still take time, and sometimes that's time you just don't have.

However, at 20 merits a pop, I've got to think they'll be slightly more rewarding. I'm guessing we'll see 119 versions of the old Avatar drop items, except useful this time around, and a handful of new items themed appropriately.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-25 08:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds interesting there is a few ways they can do the rewards though. 119 versions of the avatar rewards from the trial by X quests, 119 versions of the weapons from waking the beast or totally new stuff. It would make sense that it would be more like the AA rewards though 119 weapon, ring, belt and possibly a new piece of armour.
By Highwynd 2014-09-25 08:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilvl119 avatar weapons could be interesting if they don't have stupid day/weather bonuses like Marjami Delve greatsword did. I wonder if they'll include waking the beast weapons like Leviathan Couse and Shiva Shotel or if they're simply doing NQ avatar drops like the rings/belts/weapon. I could see smn getting a few things here and there but they revamp loot pools and sometimes it doesn't fit the theme/jobs. For example, headwind 2 didn't drop a dagger/scythe/polearm, tenzen didnt drop a gk, so who's to say smn will get anything smn specific. Also it may potentially drop a special item on d/vd that when all 6 are traded you can get an upgraded evokers. But i dont think they're gonna follow through with it. They said they're not touching black belt, so maybe they wont upgrade evokers either(lost hope for upgraded rajas from promathia v2 also) :(

Since its the nq "Trial by X" and not "Waking the Beast" i dont think we'll see the elementals appearing. Perhaps though the avatars get a crazy aura like a 50-100/tick Burn aura and you need to dispel it with a skillchain or a magic burst. Definitely going to be some elemental shenanigans
By Keido 2014-09-25 09:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would like to see them do something like get key items from the Very Difficult to unlock new Summon abilities. We were rumored to get new pacts and lots of adjustments to current pacts.

I guess the one thing that really bugs me about this is that your party members on whatever job they are on have had to have beaten the avatar. Not a huge deal but you know there is going to be that one guy in the group when you are there entering that goes "Umm, yeah I don't have this one give me 20 min."

ALSO REMEMBER THE TUNING FORK TRICK!
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

What trick?

Sorry, haven't looked at an Avatar BC for about seven years.
By Keido 2014-09-25 09:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

What trick?

Sorry, haven't looked at an Avatar BC for about seven years.

This one

If you never did the level 20 fights you can get a new fork all the time and it will warp you right to the cloister.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah. Neat.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-09-25 09:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They need RoE quests for these battlefields. The drop rate is horrendous and people don't do the BC anymore once he/she gets the item they want. The average lifetime of these ilvl equipment these days is 6 months before SE releases new items.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stanislav
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-25 09:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
They need RoE quests for these battlefields. The drop rate is horrendous and people don't do the BC anymore once he/she gets the item they want. The average lifetime of these ilvl equipment these days is 6 months before SE releases new items.

Drop rates in difficult & very difficult isn't that bad!
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. For people who don't have some sort of set static or group through LS it's really shitty.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stanislav said: »

Drop rates as in "getting two items" isn't bad in D/VD.

It's the "getting the items you need" that's problematic.

If I ever see another Mes'yohi Rod/Sword/pants it will be too soon.

Edit: Ditto those *** wristbands from Ouryu and Tenzen's stupid mage boots.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-25 09:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hyped about this, hope the reward are as good as AA were when it got introduced and this coupled with incursion should keep us busy for a while :D
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-25 09:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally getting tired of the merit-entry BCs.

No merits aren't hard to come by, but they still take time, and sometimes that's time you just don't have.

However, at 20 merits a pop, I've got to think they'll be slightly more rewarding. I'm guessing we'll see 119 versions of the old Avatar drop items, except useful this time around, and a handful of new items themed appropriately.

Indeed got out get merits, to attend ls event, bid points, rinse repeat, getting super old -.-
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-09-25 09:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

xD Got double haubys on Sunday from that BC :P Difficult mode haha
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-25 09:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming ilvl 119 Evoker's Ring.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »

xD Got double haubys on Sunday from that BC :P Difficult mode haha

I've seen double haubs. I've also done it four times straight and seen like 6 rods and a pair of pants.

The later is far more the norm.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-25 09:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

reward/time is fine if you don't suck, vd can all be done in under 10 minutes, counting travel and merits that's 2h or less for about 6 drops and average of 18 chapters per person

cry about rod luck all you want, droprate distribution seems to be even on all the post-AA bcs so you're averaging 1.5 of each drop from 4 runs of kam.. that's much higher reward than any content was prior to delve

it's ***if you do normal and not quite as good if you do D, but idk what you expect the whole point of difficulty levels is to allow everyone to do it .. you cant expect same rewards as doing the one actually scaled for endgame players
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-25 09:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throw in one SUPER NM while they continue to revamp this BC's and stuff and that'll be cool.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
reward/time is fine if you don't suck, vd can all be done in under 10 minutes, counting travel and merits that's 2h or less for about 6 drops and average of 18 chapters per person

it's ***if you do normal and not quite as good if you do D, but idk what you expect the whole point of difficulty levels is to allow everyone to do it .. you cant expect same rewards as doing the one actually scaled for endgame players

All fights done on VD in my group.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-25 09:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

spending 2h and not getting the drop you want isn't abysmal, and on average you will see 1.5 haubs out of a set of 4 runs, not sure what more you expect

never mind the fact you're getting 2 af119 worth of mats out of each set of runs anyway
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-09-25 09:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Geez, have you ever played when the cap was 75? :o in some HLS you had to wait more than a *** year to get the most wanted piece of an event... Stop whining.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-25 09:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
Geez, have you ever played when the cap was 75? :o in some HLS you had to wait more than a *** year to get the most wanted piece of an event... Stop whining.
This. You can cap drops for all 6 members in about 10-12h depending on luck. 2 new bcs every other month usually, works out to less than 30 min a day to have every single piece of gear from every bc if you have a decent group..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-25 09:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And the game had an actual population. The number one problem right now is getting people to do BCs after the statics blitz through it.
[+]
By Lyncath 2014-09-25 09:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can see Rune Fencer being very, VERY good for these fights. It already laughs off Astral Flow and single-elemental attacks like they're nothing. That it can put -45% elemental damage taken to all party members and utterly tank enemy magic accuracy with it's 1-hour only makes it all the better.

Whm/Brd/Geo/Run/Sam/Sam would wreck house I'd wager.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
This. You can cap drops for all 6 members in about 10-12h depending on luck. 2 new bcs every other month usually, works out to less than 30 min a day to have every single piece of gear from every bc if you have a decent group..

I was there. I remember.

It was *** stupid and people who miss that should have their heads examined.

I'm not "whining".

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind a change of pace on entry requirements to BCs. Or at least re-randomize the papers you get.

I've got 100+ Chapter 6s and that's having made a bunch of heads already. :p

Something that guarantees a useful reward for helpers.

Game is aging and evolving. People who had time to spend 12 hours a day camping NMs and dropping everything to run to NMs don't have that time anymore. They have jobs and obligations, and new, younger blood is pretty damn unlikely.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 09:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »
Can see Rune Fencer being very, VERY good for these fights. It already laughs off Astral Flow and single-elemental attacks like they're nothing. That it can put -45% elemental damage taken to all party members and utterly tank enemy magic accuracy with it's 1-hour only makes it all the better.

Whm/Brd/Geo/Run/Sam/Sam would wreck house I'd wager.

Yeah. Being able to accurately predict the element you'll be getting hit with makes RUN able to shrug off that ***like mad.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4