Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 110 111 112
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-09 11:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

are you using wsd gear for stardiver? or did you mean just in general?
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-09 12:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
are you using wsd gear for stardiver? or did you mean just in general?

in general
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-09 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
The buffs used for higher content should be used to test DPS on lower content.
then why did you want to "test" with trust buffs?

and no, it isn't. you should be using buffs for the situation. the situation you wanted was cp farming since you think even that is too difficult unless you have extra buffs another set doesn't require. and a blm with malaise is going to net you more cp than using another buff so the monk you don't want to take to anything anyways, can do maybe 2-3% more dps despite slowing down the goal of killing it faster.

I'm sorry your sim doesn't seem to support real game mechanics.
you don't support real game mechanics.

So, maybe this is where the misunderstanding stems... I didn't want to test a BiS DPS set with trust buffs. Is that what you simulated?

So, to state it again, the test was to determine which set would produce the most DPS assuming capped accuracy. Since it is testing for max DPS, said set should be assumed to be worn by a Mastered player and all other players in the party should like-wise be assumed to have BiS gear (For the GEO, Idris, Skill and a Pet Regen set for maintaining BoG for the full duration. The BRD would have Honor March and Song+ pieces) and Mastered jobs. Since all jobs are assumed to be Master already, testing for CP gain is no longer an excuse for skewed results. Using trust buffs would be a new excuse... I'm not seeing where you ever mentioned that in the original thread.
But, and this is the third olive branch I've extended to you now, I could see why you might use trust buffs if basing the simulation completely off of Primex's video. But Primex was a Mastered MNK in the video, so I still don't understand why you are hung up on CP gain and not max DPS being the goal. I get it, the target is an Apex Crab. But that target wasn't selected because it gives CP. It was selected because it is ilvl 128-130 and makes it a plentiful target against which to run a tests whose results could be used to predict higher ilvl outcomes.
It also makes it a great test to determine how well your simulation can mimic results easily experienced within the game.

The results lost validity when you said you and your sim couldn't support a player with 1125 base accuracy (before buffs and food) reaching 1250 accuracy and capped hit rate on the chosen target (while still capping attack and haste).

Don't worry about adding a BLM or magic bursting. People can CP magnificently without any magic bursts at all by multi-stepping skill chains. That said, I cannot emphasize enough this test isn't for measuring CP gain.

I mean as little offense to you as possible, given the circumstances. I think it is admirable of you to try to develop simulations of different jobs and to share your work with everyone. But from what you have shared with me of your sim, I don't trust it. And it bothers me when you use it to beat other people up on these boards.
go back and look at all the ***I posted about and come back to me then. I used max tier buffs with mastered monk and HQ foods. you don't trust it because it doesn't produce the result YOU want.

I'll say this once again because you still can't get your *** head out of your ***. Your set gave up acc to cap haste/attack or it gave up attack to cap haste/acc. If you can't understand that concept, I don't know what to tell you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-09 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

loooooooooooooooooooool
[+]
 Asura.Oronyx
Server: Asura
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2017-11-09 13:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I was looking at drg stuff D:
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-09 14:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna stop you there cherry because if your Cor can do more than rolls in the party you will not be making such a long skillchain to kill the mob you will be making a distortion SC so the cor can kill the mob. the monk DPS will not matter when the cor drops the 50k salute while geo has max magic dmg bubbles on to kill the mob quickly.
[+]
 Asura.Kjelle
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kjelle 2017-11-09 14:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Oronyx said: »
I thought I was looking at drg stuff D:
Summon: Sylvie, Qultada, Cornelia, <insert whm trust here> and Kupofried.

Skillchain Apex Bats to death. I personally went with 5-step double light, but I don't have a Trishula.

Easy as pie. Easier now that Cordelia exists and you don't need Haste 2 to cap attack speed.

...*** Koru-moru.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-09 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't have more to add. I'm sorry we couldn't work this out.
you never did, you just can't accept the fact that I was correct in the situation and you had to build an entire party around your set to make it better. nobody ever said your set wouldn't be marginally better to a few percent better in capped acc/attack/rolls/escha/etc. but you think it's better in every situation and that just isn't true evidence by the fact you have to make up an entire party setup to accommodate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-09 14:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Idris and dunna don't stack, never mind that counting on an idris geo that's able to fulltime luopan in a CP party is ridiculous. Do you leave the luopan down the second melee move away from it? pdif drop. Do you recast as soon as mob is out of luopan range? BoG gone.

There's almost certainly a cap on defense-, since bolster idris frailty should autocap on albumen but it doesn't.

Nobody plays RDM, relying on Dia3 and Distract3 is ridiculous. There are probably 25 people who want WHM CP for every 1 who wants RDM.

You're not even in the MNK thread, take your lithium and have a nap.

Again, this was never about CP/hour. Maybe I should just type that 100 times?

I just used the table in the GEO thread, which reads, left to right:
Skill > Merits > Dunna > Idris
I used the value to the furthest right, so whether they stack or not (I wear both to cap Skill) the value in my calculation is still accurate.

There are still three BRD songs, one GEO bubble and two COR rolls open to cover any gap. It is just easier to show how quickly a cap can be reached.
With a tank, the goal is to not move the mob. If it moves, you reapply the bubble. Or move the mob back into it. But, it really shouldn't move. And the party shouldn't have to move, whether for an Ambuscade camp, ilvl 145 battle field or CP (That's one of the responsibilties of the BRD puller). I full-time BoG bubbles all the time with my Pet:Regen set.

Whatever the cap on Defense- is, this amount or lower as you suggest (and I agree with you), it is achievable.

This debate is valid anywhere Austar promotes his simulations.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-09 14:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-09 15:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

what the ***
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-09 16:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just report each of his posts that are off-topic, so approximately 99%, and ignore him.

I'm interested to see the results of the previous conversation, as I'm currently working on Trishula and would like to know what my end goals are.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-11-09 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the mods step in here?

Cherrywine, your DRG is level 1 (according to your profile) and you're here arguing the simluation parameters with Austar. For not the first post, but maybe the 100th post I've seen in general (see monk forum). You've made some very useful posts on the monk forum in terms of gear sets and what not, so why you're stooping this low to argue simulation setups for a job you don't play, is beyond me.

If this is some personal vendetta with Austar, can you take this to private messaging or something? It's nice when you can look through a job guide on ffxiah without having to dissect through multiple pages of arguing over simulation setups.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-09 17:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Just report each of his posts that are off-topic, so approximately 99%, and ignore him.

I'm interested to see the results of the previous conversation, as I'm currently working on Trishula and would like to know what my end goals are.
the gist of it seems to be QA is good step up when looking to increase your average, for rho at least, but not nearly as large for trish, but I didn't play around with it too much.

if you want to use it, and the more that do and offer ideas for improvement, the more I can improve it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LcJujrpsg-TzBGZ3ZUWmhVQlk

you'll need the drg_equip.txt and then from the dist folder the drg.exe

the drg_equip.txt will let you add your own gear and I have HQ arke in there as an example but it's pretty simple. I don't have options to lower buff potency or add crooked cards yet, but it's on my to-do-list when I completely remake the UI, so all the rolls right now are +7 eleven rolls with no job bonus. I also don't have some short term abilities like warcry from a warrior yet, but that's coming when I thread them all together based on party/alliance setup (so warrior 1 uses warcry and when it wears off warrior 2 does, followed by blood rages)
Code
job.str = strength
job.dex = dexterity
job.vit = vitality

job.skill = polearm skill
job.acc = accuracy
job.atk = attack

job.da = double attack
job.ta = triple attack
job.qa = quad. attack

job.crit_rate = critical hit rate
job.crit_dmg = crit. damage