Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 110 111 112
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-11-09 11:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thank you will try.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-11-09 19:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For stardive do I want to stack more STR and double/triple attack and ws acc?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-10 11:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG Spreadsheet Update!
Download it here!
(remember, the Download button is in the top-right corner, click on the ellipsis [...] for a little menu)

UPDATED: Smite II went from 19/256 to 38/256.

Next update is gonna have proper Founder's Breastplate mechanics and a new Breath page.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-10 11:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oooooh, breath page. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the work you do, maintaining and improving the spreadsheet.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-11-10 12:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
DRG Spreadsheet Update!
Download it here!
(remember, the Download button is in the top-right corner, click on the ellipsis [...] for a little menu)

UPDATED: Smite II went from 19/256 to 38/256.

Next update is gonna have proper Founder's Breastplate mechanics and a new Breath page.

So Smite has been pretty much doubled?

So:
DRG Should have about +14-15% Attack
WAR Should have about +19-20% Attack
DRK Should have about +29-30% Attack

Am I close on that? I'm not sure how higher tiers were boosted.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-10 13:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, basically doubled across the board.

Puts our total Attack% value around 35% fulltime before any other buffs. That's where SAM or RUN would be with /WAR and Berserk up, so it's quite nice.
By darcaine 2016-11-13 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you recommend the use of Ishvara Earring with the Moonshade Earring for weaponskilling? I can't seem to find much info about its effectiveness.

I'm also wondering about the Karieyh Ring. I'm trying to decide if it's worth replacing an Ifrit Ring or Ifrit +1 for STR weapon skills. Any testing or data on this would be appreciated.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-13 12:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the generally accepted rule is that WSD items are only good for single hit weaponskills. so if you want your Cammlan's/Geirskoguls to hit a little harder, those are the items to use. for Stardiver/lolDrakes, you want your STR/Acc/Att/DA etc.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-11-13 12:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

darcaine said: »
Do you recommend the use of Ishvara Earring with the Moonshade Earring for weaponskilling? I can't seem to find much info about its effectiveness.
Brutal/Ishvara for a relic ws is pretty nice. Since the tp bonus won't be increasing it's damage.

For everything else I use Brutal/Moonshade.
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2016-11-13 18:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the generally accepted rule is that WSD items are only good for single hit weaponskills. so if you want your Cammlan's/Geirskoguls to hit a little harder, those are the items to use. for Stardiver/lolDrakes, you want your STR/Acc/Att/DA etc.

So would +wsd from Fotia belt and gorget be weaker than the ftp elemental belt and gorget for Stardiver?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-13 18:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same, they just changed the wording for some odd reason.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-13 23:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, the combined elemental gorget/belts function identically to their original components and just have a bizarre description. thanks, SE.

they're inventory savers, and have the advantage of occasionally not using your TP on a WS. they're tedious as hell to make, but it's worth it because most folks kept 3-4 on them to cover their primary Weaponskills.
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2016-11-14 15:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is then multiplied/floored by 1+(GearBreath/256), and then again by 1+(BreathAug/100). Final damage is then modified by resist states, BDT, elemental DT, probably weather, Phalanx, birthdays, etc. but not Magic Attack or Magic Defense. Still haven't tested Magic Damage, someone else can do that.

Magic Damage has no effect on Wyvern damage. I've tested both arco and my Brigantia's Mantle with +20 Magic Damage and neither changes breath cap.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-11-15 05:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to share with the DRG community - Afterglow Ryunohige {mine}!
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-18 02:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, looking to get into DRG and have a quick question regarding TP sets. Should I bother making different TP sets for when the wyvern is dead (more gear haste, I guess) or just stick with a set that caps gear haste 100% of the time regardless if wyvern is alive or not?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'll always be magic haste capped, if that has any bearing on anything.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-18 08:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if you are ALWAYS going to be capped magic haste and want to go nuts, you could make stuff for Hasso up/down, rat alive/dead, etc. I am personally a bit too pragmatic and strapped for space, so I just strive to cover my accuracy needs, AM up/down, WS, etc. and call it a day. =/
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-18 10:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My "no Wyvern and Hasso" set is just Ioskeha Belt over Windbuffet/Kentarch. I think with standard heavy gear, Flamma Head, and NQ Ioskeha, you're sitting at like 4/1024 short of the true gear haste cap.

Quick Haste reference (assuming always capped magic):

JA+0%: Max Gear Haste
(poop)
JA+10%: Max Gear Haste
(Wyvern, Hasso, or DNC Main Samba)
JA+15%: 22% or more Gear Haste
(Wyvern or Hasso with /DNC Samba, Last Resort)
JA+20%: 17% or more Gear Haste
(two of Wyvern, Hasso, or DNC Main Samba)
JA+25%: 12% or more Gear Haste
(Spirit Surge by itself or all that other junk)
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-18 19:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My "no Wyvern and Hasso" set is just Ioskeha Belt over Windbuffet/Kentarch. I think with standard heavy gear, Flamma Head, and NQ Ioskeha, you're sitting at like 4/1024 short of the true gear haste cap.

Quick Haste reference (assuming always capped magic):

JA+0%: Max Gear Haste
(poop)
JA+10%: Max Gear Haste
(Wyvern, Hasso, or DNC Main Samba)
JA+15%: 22% or more Gear Haste
(Wyvern or Hasso with /DNC Samba, Last Resort)
JA+20%: 17% or more Gear Haste
(two of Wyvern, Hasso, or DNC Main Samba)
JA+25%: 12% or more Gear Haste
(Spirit Surge by itself or all that other junk)

Thanks, Braden. Appreciate all the info.
By Sidra 2016-11-26 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Resienjima - Why is it my DPS's graveyard?

So, I tend to party with the same 5 or 6 pimped DDs no matter what content I'm doing. From VD Ambuscades to Tenzens to Escha. And I am always competitive with them. They haven't partied with a DRG in years and initially were also so surprised by my DPS - but now kinda just accept that DRG is in a much better place than they assumed.

Except when we do Reisenjima (T1s) and it all goes to ***. Now...when I say goes to ***, I mean my dps in comparison to theirs, not that I don't do DPS or struggle to hit or anything. Today I was trio farming (PLD DRG NIN Trusts) Belphegor and the NIN was doubling my DPS consistently. sub 90 second kills, but at this point I don't feel like anyone should be doubling my dps. This is the same NIN who running Tenzen last week I was neck and neck with and often beat. My hit rate is still at cap so its not an Accuracy issue. And this isn't the first time I've noticed this. Not too long ago we did a T1 mele burn clear run, and I noticed a similar issue....getting crushed by people who aren't normally crushing me. Not sure whats going on here. Any ideas?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-26 16:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Corse take -50% piercing damage.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-26 16:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Belphegor is a corse, so he has a large native resistance to piercing damage. As far as the full T1 clear goes, were you at haste cap? That's pretty much make or break for 2handers.
By Sidra 2016-11-26 16:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG Haha - you just made me feel so much better(I'm not broken) and so much worse (how did I not remember that - been playing 3 months after a 9 year hiatus - but now that you say that - I knew that at one point.)
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-26 16:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Piercing penalty on bones explains Belph. If you're losing against a NIN on Zduhac, then yeah something's up.

Any other fight could be an issue with various debuffs (Petrify, Stun, Terror, Slow, Amnesia, Plague). Your NIN friend might have better magic evasion from vorseals, gear, gifts, etc. or just happens to get more lovin' from trust mages.
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2016-11-29 17:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on my breath sets for a while now. I'm wondering what numbers others are getting. Please share
By Sidra 2016-11-29 18:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my Heal is 1881, and my Elemental Breaths are 833. Capped JPs but only a few gear slots being swapped in.
Ptero. Armet +1
Vishap Brais +1
Lancer's Torque
Glassblower's Belt
Updraft Mantle Breath +9

I'd image there is enough in the game to clear 2500 (lots more Wyvern HP, Augmented Acro) - but 1800 already caps anyone nearly everytime I use it.

Also Braden has some great info a few pages back on the damage calcs.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-29 21:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's some neutral unresisted Elemental Breath numbers assuming Master DRG, maxed Wyvern, capped Breath+ from regular gear, and Breath+42 from augments (+10 Updraft, +8 Alluvion on all non-head slots):

380 Min
1086 Max (Normal)
1246 Max (Mantra 5/5 Aug)
1253 Max (Max Escha)
1356 Max (Body Boost)
1456 Max (Escha+Mantra)
1627 Max (Giant's Drink)
3338 Max (Brew)

A standard full wyvern HP set for Healing Breath (using Emicho NQ Body D) can reach 2358 under normal conditions, although you'll be slightly better off using maxed Alluvion Body and Hands over Emicho and Despair. 2000+ is usually a full heal for anyone without a large HP boost, and your wyvern usually matches your HP boost to overcome any difference in stuff like WoE or Escha.

Snapple Fact: Brew Wyvern would be able to get 7412 Healing Breaths assuming HP caps at 9999, but, you know.
By nycenuff2u 2016-11-30 12:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if this is a lame question, and the wrong place to ask, but could anyone tell me what the in-game command for gs would be to equip my Camlann's Torment set? the set name in my lua is sets.precast.WS["Camlann's Torment"], but when i try type it in-game, it returns with Set does not exist. Please help
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-30 12:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be equipping automatically when you try to perform Camlann's, either from the menu or using a regular /ws <t> macro.
By nycenuff2u 2016-11-30 12:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, believe it is. that isnt my issue though. i use //gs equip <set_name> so i can visually see the set and edit it as i acquire new gear or augs. for some reason the "" and ' are affecting the command in some way.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-30 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
It should be equipping automatically when you try to perform Camlann's, either from the menu or using a regular /ws <t> macro.
While the above is true, I have occasionally found the need to test a set without triggering the ws/ja/spell itself. but yeah, there shouldn't ever be a need to put such a command in a macro.
nycenuff2u said: »
Forgive me if this is a lame question, and the wrong place to ask, but could anyone tell me what the in-game command for gs would be to equip my Camlann's Torment set? the set name in my lua is sets.precast.WS["Camlann's Torment"], but when i try type it in-game, it returns with Set does not exist. Please help
My recollection is a little vague, but iirc you have to remove the brackets and replace the first bracket with a . when typing the command in. As weird as that is.(either that or it was the quotes...)

So like,

//gs equip sets.precast.WS."Camlann's Torment"

Also, your set structure is kinda weird. sets.precast.WS["Camlann's Torment"]

The .precast there is redundant. WS sets are always precast. so I'd think .WS would suffice. If your rules require it, then whatever, but it just makes the set names longer for no real purpose.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 110 111 112