Forum » FFXI » General » Sept. 9 Update
Sept. 9 Update
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-02 11:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else wish they would reamp Meebles? Like Neo-Meebles. Found Meebles to be alot of fun.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything it helps casuals and endgamers interact more since you could potentially have a social shell and an event shell at the same time without needing to chose.

Stop whining about good things.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 11:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Does anyone else wish they would reamp Meebles? Like Neo-Meebles. Found Meebles to be alot of fun.
I had fun with it when i had a static group, getting goal 3 on everything so i could get a letalis mantle was satisfying.
Some of the objectives felt like they put alot of thought into it like they did back when they made ToAU assault missions.
Need more game content that isnt spam fudo to win.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-09-02 12:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jezz said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't understand the complaint about having 2 ls, it's a good feature.

Its an argument between socials and end gamers. kind of like comparing apples to spaghetti.
This^

Also, imo the time spending coding/implementing this would have been better spent on other aspects of the game rather than just the minor "oh that's nice" that people feel about this.

I liken it to them giving us 22 new emotes. "Nice"... but won't really change anything.
I'm pretty sure they're not pouring much resources in the coding of LS chat features hence the later implementation date. Usually the problem lies with the amount testing vs amount of bugs found each update.

SE is also trying to balance the game content over time. Too fast of a progression could lose current subscribers and discourage any new subscribers. There are people wanting a new ilvl increase so they can skip over the current gear that is difficult to get and there are also people that do not want an ilvl increase because the current gear or the gear they want to get is taking/took some time to get.

These quality of life adjustments is the only thing that appeases both new and old players.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 12:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people would understand that not everyone that scripts game content or programs the client/server code on the ffxi dev team is some universally useful resource with a fixed and measurable amount of work output.

People get all bent when they see SE 'wasting' resources on new LS chat functionality versus battle content. Some people are better and/or faster at implementing/testing certain parts of a game than others.

Just because we get a 2nd linkshell to equip doesnt mean we missed out on them being able to give us delve part 3, that's not how game software dev works when you have a team of developers with varying skills/expertise/speed at which they work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-09-02 12:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they add fishes to Inside the Belly..... Rather stare at a watering hole than my moogle at this point
By kasain 2014-09-02 12:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant say I enjoyed this much. As fast as they released it, SoA and Ilvl gear was out. They could redo the goblin tunnel in lower jueno as well thing.

Personally, I would love it if they redid SCNM three battlefields zones and actually make the Xarcabard castle full of NM's. I had a blast doing the three strongholds back in the day.

MoT, even if not all weapons, Double attack ones, weapon skill ones and TP bonous ones, yes please. It would be lots of coding but it would end up being like JP points, something that would last a long time to finish all you wanted.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-09-02 12:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be wrong, but it feels like Meebles was the last thing they developed pre-SOA and old development 'era'. If I recall, it was also one of the first contents that was beginning to get featured into their temp campaigns, ie worm exchange bonus, etc. It was neat for them to do this, but the 10 max KI restriction is so not necessary

Sadly, Meebles was at a time when the game was getting stale, although our small static group completed the first path (monkey), there wasn't a lot of incentive after that besides getting enough research marks for that one accessory.

Shoot, if SE really wanted to, they could have continued their meeble expansion and go into other zones, etc.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-09-02 13:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

high tier WoE might be wicked stupid though lol. imagine a shark being run around a zone because of those stupid smn/bst solo people. i cant really imagine something like that going well, those types of people might embarrass themselves doing something like that lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-09-02 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i want ffxiv style update " emote adjustments" "adding new emotes" "adding new mounts" and stuff that noone cares . lol
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-02 14:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike last update, I'm really happy about this one, isn't it the first time in forever we get 2 different event at the same time?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-02 14:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Unlike last update, I'm really happy about this one, isn't it the first time in forever we get 2 different event at the same time?

Free server swaps so I can Parse against Ccl for free.....

This is the only update that matters.
By kasain 2014-09-02 14:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

Free server swaps so I can Parse against Ccl for free.....

This is the only update that matters.

I am telling you, all those people screaming for a server mergers should hop off one server. Maybe this is SEs way of doing a server merge and making money.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 15:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
high tier WoE might be wicked stupid though lol. imagine a shark being run around a zone because of those stupid smn/bst solo people. i cant really imagine something like that going well, those types of people might embarrass themselves doing something like that lol.
You are pretty much describing Tchakka wildskeeper reive back when they first came out with backline/petjobs pulling hate and wiping. Nowadays its mages in hagondes spamming Thunder/Blizz V still doing the same thing.

If there is a participation cap for an area, then there will be congestion and much butthurt and complaining people can't get to do the content.

If there isnt a participation cap and its a freeforall, then its wildskeeper reives 2.0 minus trusts and people will complain/mpk.

The chances of people being happy with the implementation is pretty low sadly.
I'm looking forward to it anyhow since I still enjoy solo/duoing the old WoE.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 15:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
i want ffxiv style update " emote adjustments" "adding new emotes" "adding new mounts" and stuff that noone cares . lol
You forgot minions, and people filling their guildwork feed with 20+ new achievements
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 15:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of emotes, I'm still bothered by the absence of geo and run emotes. The disparity haunts me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bothered by the lack of RUN trusts....
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-02 15:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So exciting!! I can't believe we are getting new BLU spells this fast. I will be enjoying this update.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice if they made more of the old crappy blu spells worth setting instead of just adding new ones.
Imagine a world where the feather barrier spell doesn't suck!
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-02 16:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I wish they would update things like 1k needles and Bad Breath lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-02 16:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Speaking of emotes, I'm still bothered by the absence of geo and run emotes. The disparity haunts me.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had been bothered by this.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-09-02 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ditto, although they never did anything with a Rolanberry MB, so there's always the possibility of something being done with that, at a higher difficulty than the other two of course.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-09-02 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Great update, although I'm disappointed again that there's nothing for Monstrosity.
Honestly if we aren't getting anything next month then it's almost safe to say that SE has given up on the content...
Real shame.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 18:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll be obtinable in Incursion they said, so that's a good thing.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-09-02 19:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

karusanyoshi said: »
It's unlikely merit-style parties will ever come back, so it would be nice to have the points to be more reasonable to attain in other events. Or, maybe if they increased the amount from mobs in the field, and quadrupled the current capacity points on the lv 120+ mobs, people might party for them again like old times. Just give us options so people playing BST SMN or GEO can still acquire them.

Merit-style parties are already back though, even more so during the 2x campaign. I'd put the blame more on the player base, too many don't see the bigger picture with JPs and deem them not worthy of their time, yet Aby or VW meriting is... Just as well, with meripo BCs being a big thing, it's really easy/convenient to run your BCs, then remerit in Dho or Who gates, gaining a couple JP in the process.

I'd still like to see them available from most/all events and content though, just to further align with their stated purpose and ease their gain.

Speaking from the perspective of a Geo fanatic, Geo is more than capable of soloing JPs very well, or contributing very well to a meripo style party. Nuke setups are workable with a lil support, and melee setups as /Dnc spamming Flash Nova while giving the melees Indi-Haste if no Brd, or Indi-Fury (or Indi-Precision if you're in Woh) if there is a Brd, works quite well. If you've got someone pulling mobs from all around to your group as well, planting down Geo-Regen helps a lot with the healer not having to babysit quite as much, they can even help pull and Repose/Sleep anything they bring. If you're doing more of a roaming party though without a healer, Geo- spells as a whole are just about a waste other than to use Mending or Radial, pretty much Indi only at that point.
By Heimdel 2014-09-02 19:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with jp is that they are specific to the job you gain them on. Just face it some jobs won't get invites to partys and others are far better at getting them than other. Another is having the 6 people wanting jp on the jobs that you need for a full party.
By kasain 2014-09-02 19:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Problem with jp is that they are specific to the job you gain them on. Just face it some jobs won't get invites to partys and others are far better at getting them than other. Another is having the 6 people wanting jp on the jobs that you need for a full party.

point is? after the update you can BCNM 10 and 20 orb fights. Their are some pet jobs can solo, if not, others can duo.

As a sch I can solo AA taru. Their were other fighst other jobs can solo. Get your points, or make a friend. SE did this to get people to play the game outside the box of PLD BRD WHM RNG RNG RNG
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-02 20:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kasain said: »

point is? after the update you can BCNM 10 and 20 orb fights. Their are some pet jobs can solo, if not, others can duo.

As a sch I can solo AA taru. Their were other fighst other jobs can solo. Get your points, or make a friend. SE did this to get people to play the game outside the box of PLD BRD WHM RNG RNG RNG
That's pretty idealistic of you....
Chances are....
A single orb would give you less than the 1.2k you get for doing a WKR.
They want you to form 6man parties and kill everything in the gates... The likelihood of the orbs providing ANY sort of reasonable capacity points is so close to nil that it's delusional to think otherwise.
By kasain 2014-09-02 20:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
kasain said: »

That's pretty idealistic of you....
Chances are....
A single orb would give you less than the 1.2k you get for doing a WKR.
They want you to form 6man parties and kill everything in the gates... The likelihood of the orbs providing ANY sort of reasonable capacity points is so close to nil that it's delusional to think otherwise.

Didn't they say the SKC orb fights of !0 and 20 would after update produce a JP point? If so theres a few like tezzen you can spam in minutes with a group, or a few like AA taru you can solo for a JP point.

This is from their notes, or am I reading it wrong?

September Seals battlefield Add Capacity Points as reward for battlefields that use Microcosmic Orb and Macrocosmic Orb