Sept. 9 Update
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 07:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason the Sub Linkshell addition has me kinda excited even if it happans in this one or later... Anythng your looking forward too in the new additions?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-02 07:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort party members, that should've been a ***' DAY ONE thing.

Thank Christ they're finally adding that ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 07:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that should be good I do like the small changes that are being made hell even them adding "item find" for xbox users is sick.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-02 07:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to meritting Tourbillion on BLU ^^.
 Sylph.Juromaru
Server: Sylph
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2014-09-02 08:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Walk of Echoes Creation of system for a high-tier version to occur at a set percentage
Set strength of the advance version of NM
Set reward of the advanced version
Creation of mechanism to have bonus applied at a set percentage

Does this read to anyone else like there will be a random chance to enter a high tier version of a battlefield or the normal one? If so, this will suck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 08:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
For some reason the Sub Linkshell addition has me kinda excited even if it happans in this one or later... Anythng your looking forward too in the new additions?
Meanwhile back at Headquarters:
So it seems the majority of players feel there aren't enough people on most servers; and we all know how people really HATE to make new friends (especially on a MMO)... Oh hey I know! Let's let them equip TWO shells at the same time! That way, they can complain to multiple groups when there's nothing to do. It takes way to much effort to unequip one pearl and put another one on.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

inb4 "alphabetical sorting onry"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-02 08:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was @@ at the set percentage too. Not sure what that means. Can't wait to get a premeval brew for high tier woe lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-09-02 08:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious what we'll be getting from the new WOE.

Quote:
September -> Walk of Echoes-related -> items
* Add high-quality versions of existing equipment

I'm hoping for 119 AF3
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 08:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jezz said: »
So it seems the majority of players feel there aren't enough people on most servers; and we all know how people really HATE to make new friends (especially on a MMO)... Oh hey I know! Let's let them equip TWO shells at the same time! That way, they can complain to multiple groups when there's nothing to do. It takes way to much effort to unequip one pearl and put another one on.

Can't speak for you friend but I personally have friends in multiple LS's and would love to be able to kick it and chat with them. Yeah switching over to another pearl isn't really a big deal but if this allows me to not have to do that then im very okay with that. I love meeting new people and this also seem like another good way to bring the community together.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 09:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's entirely my point. Giving us a 'sub linkshell' is very unnecessary... unless you literally have capped members in your linkshell and desire more.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 09:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Too each is own I guess.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-09-02 09:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Juromaru said: »
Quote:
Walk of Echoes Creation of system for a high-tier version to occur at a set percentage

Does this read to anyone else like there will be a random chance to enter a high tier version of a battlefield or the normal one? If so, this will suck.

Yeah, that's exactly what it reads like. Considering they're saying the high tier versions will be very tough, that's going to be annoying. I guess at least if you get the NQ version, you can knock it out really quick with your party. Still sounds like a very silly system. Farming NQ WoE for coins or whatever, get HQ, gotta leave and go to another flux lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 09:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of worrying about the crap that really matters (job/fight mechanics, menu/playing mechanics, general game barance) we've been seeing numerous increases in areas which basically equate to polishing a turd. Don't get me wrong... there are plenty of things that should have been out on Day 1 which we are only NOW getting. (What?! You want to actually see the TP and MP of your party members?!? MADNESS!) But a lot of things they're doing makes me feel like someone is just sitting in a dark corner of an office basement sharpening pencils and every time someone's feet echo in the hallway he shouts out, "HEY LOOK I'M WORKING!"

By dragomair 2014-09-02 09:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 "alphabetical sorting onry"

I have a few linkshells and I use them to wait for groups and look for members in my own. (And also to complain about there being nothing to do.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 09:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm more disappointed (and a bit more bitter) than most this morning. :(
We're getting more random battles/items/augments and updated Goblin Mystery Boxs! But Atomos and expansion of equipment sets has been pushed back to a later date.

(Also, sub-linkshells was also "pushed back to a later date".)
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of worrying about the crap that really matters (job/fight mechanics, menu/playing mechanics, general game barance) we've been seeing numerous increases in areas which basically equate to polishing a turd. Don't get me wrong... there are plenty of things that should have been out on Day 1 which we are only NOW getting. (What?! You want to actually see the TP and MP of your party members?!? MADNESS!) But a lot of things they're doing makes me feel like someone is just sitting in a dark corner of an office basement sharpening pencils and every time someone's feet echo in the hallway he shouts out, "HEY LOOK I'M WORKING!"

I think you should be a game developer, You clearly have it all figured out. I'm very confident you'd make the ultimate game!!
By minikomby 2014-09-02 09:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the new sub linkshell is very nice, use 2 linkshells at same time is something cool, ff14 get something similar, this isnt useless unless you have only a LS and all your friends there or you have no friends lol
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 09:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Juromaru said: »
Quote:

I think you are reading too much into this, it sounds more like they made hardmode version of all 15 WoE fluxs and you'll probably get to pick which version to enter just like all the revamped battlefields.
It could be a lotto type thing but that's sorta dumb since i've seen people poshack to the boss to skip trash on some fluxs
[+]
By kasain 2014-09-02 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm more disappointed (and a bit more bitter) than most this morning. :(
We're getting more random battles/items/augments and updated Goblin Mystery Boxs! But Atomos and expansion of equipment sets has been pushed back to a later date.

(Also, sub-linkshells was also "pushed back to a later date".)

Are you crazy? You get quest to get Atomos, if you do or don't get him this update be patient. Hell you got seven new blu spells, new missions, and a new SoA event. That event itself will probably be expanded upon.

Oh and JP points for the BCNM battlefields. Now you can do these with all the seals you saved up and truly enhance your job. And not have to grind for hours for them.

I won't mention WoE but yes they added that and gimp drg update. Drg still won't get invited, unless ist to throw a def down weapon. Overall if you look at the updates since last year we got Mog wardrobe, mog weapon sets, and so much more. Withen the past nine months we had better updates as a whole in years.

They only lack in job balance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 10:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said:
I think you should be a game developer, You clearly have it all figured out. I'm very confident you'd make the ultimate game!!

Shiiiiit, my game is gonna rule! I already have the beta up and running.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 10:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the complaint about having 2 ls, it's a good feature.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 10:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I'm just curious what we'll be getting from the new WOE.

Quote:
September -> Walk of Echoes-related -> items
* Add high-quality versions of existing equipment

I'm hoping for 119 AF3
It's highly likely that this new event and additional WoE NMs are going to be for Emp armor.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-09-02 10:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

GG incursion, rest of it is just QoL. Here's to hoping WoE isn't the craphole it usually is with PuGs joining in on top of its lacklustre drops.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-02 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Its an argument between socials and end gamers. kind of like comparing apples to spaghetti.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-09-02 10:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That moment, when you realize, party rotation of brd's and cor's will still mess up the order.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-02 10:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously doubt that the new WoE is gonna have anything to do with 109 and 119 empy sets...
Pretty sure we can just expect "119" Windbuffet Belt and the like now that they have revealed that the "new" WoEs are just iLv versions of the ones we already have.

Why I poopoo any idea about the iLv empy update.... Cause it would be REALLY weird for them to just do that without any notification.... Remember when they updated relics?? That had major fanfare, and there's no reason why empys wouldn't receive a similar announcement. (Remember: RUN and GEO will get their mat-made 5/5 freebie "empy" set at the same time.)

EDIT: though I can't rule out a "*** item" that will be used in the future for the base==>109 upgrade.... Assuming they keep to the trend of all stages being upgradeable to 109, and not just +1 and/or +2.
Better something new than... Colorless Souls... Cause that's all I can think of that's farmable and "easy" like the 1~200 currency for the relic pieces.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-02 10:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »

That moment, when you realize, party rotation of brd's and cor's will still mess up the order.

Rotating bards and cors shouldn't be part of the game anyway, but yes, you totally nailed that one. Tip my hat to you, sir.

UNLESS! you can sort it by job/name... I know this is a crazy thought, but what if you can set an option to always have a certain person in slot 2, or a brd always in slot 6.

Eh, who am I kidding, that'd be impossible for them to figure out, and they wouldn't give a ***.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-02 10:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the nature of allot of the community now... the dev team can do nothing right no matter what, Not all but all large portion of us.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-09-02 11:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited about Incursion. Can bring more than 6 ppl and have your own personal loot. I hate delve with more than 6 ppl and everyone lotting for the same item. Hopefully this new battle system is scaled proportionally with difficulty/rewards.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-02 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Its an argument between socials and end gamers. kind of like comparing apples to spaghetti.
This^

Also, imo the time spending coding/implementing this would have been better spent on other aspects of the game rather than just the minor "oh that's nice" that people feel about this.

I liken it to them giving us 22 new emotes. "Nice"... but won't really change anything.
First Page 2 3 4