Forum » FFXI » General » Sept. 9 Update
Sept. 9 Update
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-09-02 20:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

having done every fight in the game with a non rng strat, its clear to anyone who rolls with competent players that rng strat isnt the only way to go, but rather the most attractive when dealing with uncertainty (pugs, sub par players/unskilled players, ect). however, i do agree with you that content could be less focused on high damaging monsters, but rather tough situational content something like:
main objective: kill nm X.
nm X can only be dealt up to 10% damage before you need to kill a set number of trash mobs in the zone which arent in the area where the nm is (so part of your group would be where those mobs are) or complete some kind of task (think order lamps in nyzul, or some of the assault/meebles objectives) for each other 10% of the mobs hp while it comes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dazusu
Server: Leviathan
user: Dazusu
By Leviathan.Dazusu 2014-09-03 05:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

While these updates (QOL) are nice; I can't help but feel that Square Enix are preparing the game for auto-pilot mode.

Get all of these long requested features out of the way. Make the game more accessible, easy to use.

Then stop (or severely slow down) the production of content.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a pretty strong inkling that it will.

Sad times.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-03 05:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha! Called it!
Hello Lv99 Windbuffet/Flume/Asceso's(sp?)!!
I look forward to seeing how dumb you are in terms of stats.

Also: this whole random spawn thing.... Is dumber than dumb.
Factor in an assumedly similar drop rate to the regular drops.... These are gonna go for hundreds of millions basically forever.
Unless they went overboard and made the special armor bits drop 100% of the time on the 119 difficulty.... Which... Just isn't gonna happen.
 Shiva.Gnarf
Server: Shiva
user: Gnarf
By Shiva.Gnarf 2014-09-03 06:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Does anyone else wish they would reamp Meebles? Like Neo-Meebles. Found Meebles to be alot of fun.

I want this event in iLevel form.
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-09-03 08:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gnarf said: »
Does anyone else wish they would reamp Meebles? Like Neo-Meebles. Found Meebles to be alot of fun.

wasn't that basically Legion?
[+]
 Asura.Tymoris
Server: Asura
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-09-03 10:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Apart from the new blue mage spells I don't get what SE is thinking with incursion. how long has it been since all party members needed a ki to get into anything? Only the odin fights spring into mind.
[+]
By kasain 2014-09-03 10:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tymoris said: »
Apart from the new blue mage spells I don't get what SE is thinking with incursion. how long has it been since all party members needed a ki to get into anything? Only the odin fights spring into mind.

Maybe this is like eighner? Where you get one item and copy it? Then trade to members.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-03 10:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devastation said: »
Shiva.Gnarf said: »

wasn't that basically Legion?

Garrison was a lot like campaign.. really the precursor to campaign on a much smaller scale.

Eh.. no. How about every hard mode Mission fight they have added? Every party member has to have the KI to enter. Seems to be their new mindset.

I do agree that it is pretty silly though, seeing as it seems that you will have to farm the items.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-03 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to be farmed off velkks though, it could end up being pretty annoying if people are swarming the poor dinos hoping for a ki.
[+]
 Asura.Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-09-03 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

True I forgot bcnms but you can get the KIs for these by farming any kind of XP not just a particular mob in a particular area.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-03 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what is wrong with needing to farm an item to enter an event, you guys prefer to go back to 72h lock out like back at 75?

Or no restriction like delve so half the people that come back for this quit again after 2-3 weeks like delve II?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-09-03 10:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dazusu said: »
While these updates (QOL) are nice; I can't help but feel that Square Enix are preparing the game for auto-pilot mode.

Get all of these long requested features out of the way. Make the game more accessible, easy to use.

Then stop (or severely slow down) the production of content.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a pretty strong inkling that it will.

Sad times.

I could see that as a possibility, but I don't think so.

SE has already confirmed they're planning for iLvl's that exceed 119, and I doubt they will do that in the Adoulin expansion. I could easily be wrong, but it looks like they'll wrap up Adoulin by the end of this year, and we'll get another expansion or mini-expansion sometime in 2015 with iLvl 129+ content.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-03 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

True I forgot bcnms but you can get the KIs for these by farming any kind of XP not just a particular mob in a particular area.

Indeed, it's going to suck. Hopefully the content is really cool then.
 Asura.Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-09-03 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I don't see what is wrong with needing to farm an item to enter an event, you guys prefer to go back to 72h lock out like back at 75?

Or no restriction like delve so half the people that come back for this quit again after 2-3 weeks like delve II?

Needing to farm an item for each leader of an alliance - yes

Needing to farm an item for up to 18 people - no

Also because of that stipulation the incursion thing again caters to a 6 people party hence yeah it will be done after 2-3 weeks, same as delve 2
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-03 10:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Needing to farm an item for each leader of an alliance - yes

Needing to farm an item for up to 18 people - no

Also because of that stipulation the incursion thing again caters to a 6 people party hence yeah it will be done after 2-3 weeks, same as delve 2

Why not ? Everyone get his own chest. You prefer 1 entry item 1 chest?

edit: and if your group is smart and organised, you'll have people farm entry item outside of event time/days, this will only annoy people that can/want to spam the content for hours straight.

edit2:

Delve 1 had the same issue for my group, after the first clear people started to cap on gears and log a ton less after 2-3 weeks; and it wasn't 6 man content.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-03 11:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ACP, MKD, ASA, Shinryu, NNI and all of logwatch though technically you could do the fight just no rewards.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-03 11:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

YES, every event that had the good stuff primarily come from personal loot has ended up extremely tedious and repetitive to farm. Good content = challenging to win initially, fast rewards once you can win, control over rewards, ability to improve result through better organization. Like delve1 but scaled so good groups win with 1-2 beads instead of 0.

If you have to spam content past the point where you have it at 100% winrate, ***design. Harder content & faster rewards please.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-03 11:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'd prefer those people not come back at all.~
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-03 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just leave this here.
[+]
 Asura.Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-09-03 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valid points Ccl, the reason I disagree with "needing to farm for up to 18 people" is correlated with the fact that only a specific mob from that zone will drop it not mobs of that type across all zones.

And yes the 2-3 weeks can happen even with 18 people groups but my point is SE insists on producing content that only handicaps bigger groups and provides no benefits.
 Asura.Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-09-03 11:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

ACP, MKD, ASA, Shinryu, NNI and all of logwatch though technically you could do the fight just no rewards.

Shin, NNI, logwatch entry requirements depended on a replenisable source that just needed time or farming stuff widely availalbe. So that's a major difference right there.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-03 11:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valid points Ccl, the reason I disagree with "needing to farm for up to 18 people" is correlated with the fact that only a specific mob from that zone will drop it not mobs of that type across all zones.

And yes the 2-3 weeks can happen even with 18 people groups but my point is SE insists on producing content that only handicaps bigger groups and provides no benefits.

I agree with that, in legion bringing leech wasn't an issue, in delve 2 before ws update, it was annoying bringing more than 2-3 useless person
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-03 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Good content = challenging to win initially, fast rewards once you can win, control over rewards, ability to improve result through better organization. Like delve1 but scaled so good groups win with 1-2 beads instead of 0.

This would work only if they were able to create challenging content with good rewards every other months; let's be honest they can't do that; and we'd run into the issue of people being tired of replacing their "hard earned stuff" every other months.

Hall of mul was the best event for me with good gating/good difficulty/good reward/favor the better group(only issue with that event is the glowing wpn drop%; but they were more vanity item than good drop).
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-03 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

Shin, NNI, logwatch entry requirements depended on a replenisable source that just needed time or farming stuff widely availalbe. So that's a major difference right there.

Still a KI which is what the asked.
By Chyula 2014-09-03 14:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We need Tanaka back and create more grind to suck on your Leader's ball until you get a piece of left over bone events.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-03 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
We need Tanaka back and create more grind to suck on your Leader's ball until you get a piece of left over bone events.
Why not ask for everything to revert back to 75 cap?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-09-03 17:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Grekumah View Profile View Forum Posts
Community Rep
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as the party leader or alliance leader is in possession of a Velkk Fetish everyone will be able to access Incursion. There is no need for the whole party to possess the item.
By Enuyasha 2014-09-03 18:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Quote:
Community Rep
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as the party leader or alliance leader is in possession of a Velkk Fetish everyone will be able to access Incursion. There is no need for the whole party to possess the item.
Every time they use this word...i imagine Sadomasochistic beastmen...very disturbing...
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-03 18:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I require a lower horn of a human.

tbh, I noticed the same thing long ago with the fetishes. Good thing we never came across something grimy, sticky, or just plainly worn out.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-03 18:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »
Quote:
Community Rep
Every time they use this word...i imagine Sadomasochistic beastmen...very disturbing...

Isn't it just a poor translation? I thought the word for an icon or vestige like that was FETISCH.
[+]