Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 34 35 36
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 18:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You hold those things from the tail.

Completely off-topic, but you never want to handle a fish by it's tail, you will break their bloodline and spoil the meat. Always handle a fish by the head/gills.

I think you are confusing a sand trout with a tuna. And you certainly can't swing a tuna holding it from the gills and expect to hurt anything.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I think of Rick Perry this ad comes to mind:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-18 18:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Before he became a hipster.

A Texan hipster. It's like the universe folding in itself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 18:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tl:Dr yeah, the only use for these weapons is killing a ton of people, but we can't do anything to limit the accessibility of unstable people or encourage manufacturers not to sell them in large amounts to anyone who wants them.

Sure we can. There are gun laws out there that prevents legal sale of firearms to people deemed unstable by the courts. But, you know, most cases of mass murder in America in regards to firearms is when people obtain said guns illegally.

Your solution would infringe on the rights of every law-abiding citizen in America, and you don't care because it would, in your mind, prevent illegally obtained firearms from being obtained illegally (which the firearms would be shipped from other parts of the world, because, you know, criminals don't abide by the law. I hope that you don't find that to be sarcastic at all).

Let us all punish everyone for the actions of a few, with laws that will do nothing to stem the issue in the first place.

Kindof like Obamacare.....err...."Affordable" Care Act.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 18:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I used to think of his failed Corridor, I think he called it the tri-city corridor, some superhighway from San Antonio to Austin to Dallas, then it got shortened to just Austin to Dallas, then it just died. Then I thought of him as having a campaign dooming opinion on homosexuality being a treatable disease like alcoholism, which is really sickening. Now I think of him as a living example of karma.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 18:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You hold those things from the tail.

Completely off-topic, but you never want to handle a fish by it's tail, you will break their bloodline and spoil the meat. Always handle a fish by the head/gills.

I think you are confusing a sand trout with a tuna. And you certainly can't swing a tuna holding it from the gills and expect to hurt anything.

No, I'm taking about handling fish meant for consumption, but tuna are a different animal in general, and mostly too large to be swung around anyway.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 18:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is Affordable about the Affordable Care Act?

Often laws and such do the opposite of their namesake.

Patriot Act, Affordable Care Act, NAFTA, CAFTA, etc.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 18:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Tl:Dr yeah, the only use for these weapons is killing a ton of people, but we can't do anything to limit the accessibility of unstable people or encourage manufacturers not to sell them in large amounts to anyone who wants them.

Sure we can. There are gun laws out there that prevents legal sale of firearms to people deemed unstable by the courts. But, you know, most cases of mass murder in America in regards to firearms is when people obtain said guns illegally.

Your solution would infringe on the rights of every law-abiding citizen in America, and you don't care because it would, in your mind, prevent illegally obtained firearms from being obtained illegally (which the firearms would be shipped from other parts of the world, because, you know, criminals don't abide by the law. I hope that you don't find that to be sarcastic at all).

Let us all punish everyone for the actions of a few, with laws that will do nothing to stem the issue in the first place.

What solution did I offer? I made a snark comment about Perry's stereotypical corporate puppet response and the fact that he said we can't do anything that limits profits but offered no other means to curtail mass killing.

You just assume that because I don't support the idea that everyone should be able to hoard thousands of rounds and military grade weapons that I don't support business or the 2nd amendment. Shame on you

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

What solution did I offer? I made a snark comment about Perry's stereotypical corporate puppet response and the fact that he said we can't do anything that limits profits but offered no other means to curtail mass killing.

You just assume that because I don't support the idea that everyone should be able to hoard thousands of rounds and military grade weapons that I don't support business or the 2nd amendment. Shame on you
Shh. As tempting as it is to try to reason with a Texan by way of logical thought, it's a losing battle. Logic fries the brains of most, if not all, Texans.

I find it pretty dishonest to claim that everyone from any place is a certain way. Yes, it's fruitless to reason with certain ideologies, but I don't believe that, in large, all Texans are part of some shorter branch of the evolutionary tree.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-18 19:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to bring evolution into this you dirty lib. Scientist just want funding to study evolution.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-18 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeveelution is all that matters.
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-08-18 19:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

do any of you even know why he was forcing the person to resign.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 20:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wormfeeder said: »
do any of you even know why he was forcing the person to resign.

She got a DUI and acted like a royal jackass. Doesn't excuse his unlawful actions, though. It is possible for people to understand something yet not agree with your point of view in matters of opinion.
By wormfeeder 2014-08-18 20:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

he was well within his powers to do what he did. it wont go far in court, the judge will dismiss the case.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice fantasy. The reasons he was trying to force a person to resign are irrelevant. He is not allowed to use his power to coerce anyone to resign.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 20:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He actually wasn't within his powers to use appropriations as a means to coerce or extort, that's why he is being charged with a crime. It may not go far in court, but it won't be because his actions were legal, it will be because there isn't sufficient evidence to convict.

For someone claiming to have an understanding of the case, you fail to demonstrate it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-18 20:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little sad that that's what they're going after him for. In a perfect world, he would have been out on his behind the moment he suggested praying for rain as a means to combat against his state being on fire, but alas, we don't live in that world.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I used to think of his failed Corridor, I think he called it the tri-city corridor, some superhighway from San Antonio to Austin to Dallas, then it got shortened to just Austin to Dallas, then it just died.
Are you talking about IH35?

Or possibly SH130?

SH130 is still in existence. IH35 is being converted to a 4 lane interstate highway between San Antonio to Dallas/Fort Worth.

Hardly a failed accomplishment, since it still is going on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 21:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? So, you're saying James Holmes and Cho Tsung Hui didn't legally buy their guns from gun stores?
And you are saying that they would not have obtained such weapons if they all of the sudden became illegal?

Or that neither they nor any of the other mass murderers in our history would not have committed said crimes without guns? That they would not have committed said murders using a different tool?

Because that is what guns are, a tool. How the person uses the tool is what matters.

Or that the Brady bill, had it received a renewal when it came up again for vote, would've accomplished nothing?
It would have accomplished nothing.

People kill people. Regardless of the item used to do so.

You live in Texas, don't you?
Yes, and proud of it.

So tell me, are you proud of living in your area?

I guess not.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 21:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about the trans Texas corridor that was his major plan when he came into office, that never went anywhere, and was cancelled in 2009. I heard that he brought back a shell of the plan a few years ago, I doubt it ever becomes reality, and certainly won't be what the original plan was.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 21:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about the trans Texas corridor that was his major plan when he came into office, that never went anywhere, and was cancelled in 2009. I heard that he brought back a shell of the plan a few years ago, I doubt it ever becomes reality, and certainly won't be what the original plan was.
You are going to need to be more specific then that.

The only two projects I was aware of was the SH130 project and the IH35 enhancement.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trans Texas corridor was the official name of the project, that's about as specific as I can get.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 21:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trans Texas corridor was the official name of the project, that's about as specific as I can get.
SH130 came from that project.

How is that a failure again?

Because you said so isn't a good answer.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 21:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a failure because the project as a whole was cancelled. Since it's cancellation, they have managed to resurrect a few remnants. But the project failed, the trans Texas corridor does not exist and will never exist in it's intended form. That is indisputable fact.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-18 22:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure you can, keep them in mental institutions where they belong.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-18 22:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

News flash: explosives are easier to make, easier to get, and kill more people.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 22:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Sure you can, keep them in mental institutions where they belong.

We could do that if they hadn't shut down all the state hospitals and let them all out.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 34 35 36