Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 4 ... 34 35 36
By Heimdel 2014-08-17 16:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People forget this is the same guy who is paying himself 100k a year in retirement benefits while still working(because he can he says). Then he slashed school funding saying it wasn't in the budget.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-17 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people forget, I think some people ignore it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-17 20:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Them's fighting words Chaos!

(apparently you do not know anything about Texas Politics, when a Republican/Democrat is elected, they generally stay elected until some oddity happens (they lose their election) or they retire).
Duel at dawn?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-17 20:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

(apparently you do not know anything about Texas Politics, when a Republican/Democrat is elected, they generally stay elected until some oddity happens (they lose their election) or they retire).
Duel at dawn?
Choose your weapon of choice:

or

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-18 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
On a side note, it will probably make the 2016 primaries a lot less entertaining.

this is the primaries. we're going to play whack a mole on every republican that pokes his head up to run in 16.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 11:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
On a side note, it will probably make the 2016 primaries a lot less entertaining.

this is the primaries. we're going to play whack a mole on every republican that pokes his head up to run in 16.
While we give the democrat primaries a free ***.

...yes, that includes Hillary. Don't ask.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-18 16:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
At least Texas has an opportunity to get a better Governor.

Nope. Perry said he's not running again, so this doesn't effect his governorship. He was on his way out anyway. His buddy, Attorney General Abbott, is pretty much written in stone at the moment, thanks to a smear campaign. Same old ***, different Guv'na soon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Nope. Perry said he's not running again, so this doesn't effect his governorship. He was on his way out anyway. His buddy, Attorney General Abbott, is pretty much written in stone at the moment thanks to a smear campaign. Same old ***, different Guv'na soon.
There's a worse smear campaign against Abbot though.

But you are probably right. Abbot will be elected, and the status quo will stay the same.
By volkom 2014-08-18 16:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. Perry said he's not running again, so this doesn't effect his governorship. He was on his way out anyway. His buddy, Attorney General Abbott, is pretty much written in stone at the moment, thanks to a smear campaign. Same old ***, different Guv'na soon.

can we get some governors with cooler last names? I would pay to have a governor change their last name to something like "vader" when they get elected into office.

btw:
U.S. Virgin Islands governor's name is John de Jongh
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-18 16:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

BS! Same underhanded tactics that the Bush campaign used to usurp Miss Richards.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

BS! Same underhanded tactics that the Bush campaign used to usurp Miss Richards.
While I don't agree with some of the policies made in Texas by Perry, can you deny the fact that Texas was largely unaffected by the 2008-2009 financial crisis, compared to the rest of the country?

We were actually one of the few states that maintained a positive GDP during that time. And that came from Perry and the Texas Legislation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 16:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Duel at dawn?

or

The bottom one. It looks cooler.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Duel at dawn?

or

K, you try to swing a 500 lb. sturgeon while I'm sitting pretty with a 300 lb. tuna.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-18 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't agree with some of the policies made in Texas by Perry, can you deny the fact that Texas was largely unaffected by the 2008-2009 financial crisis, compared to the rest of the country?

We were actually one of the few states that maintained a positive GDP during that time. And that came from Perry and the Texas Legislation.

personally I like perry. I think he's an okay governor and seems to care for his state. I hope the next governor will be better
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

personally I like perry. I think he's an okay governor and seems to care for his state. I hope the next governor will be better
He was ok when he wasn't flapping his gums, which actually happened a lot during his governorship (not flapping that is).

The few times he did though....

Also, I won't forget that time he bullied that highway patrol officer for pulling him over and giving him a speeding ticket. That lost my automatic respect for the guy. I still respect him, but from what he did while governor, not automatically because he is governor.

But you are correct, he did care for Texas a lot more than people give him credit for. He took care of us better than I expected.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 16:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Duel at dawn?

or

K, you try to swing a 500 lb. sturgeon while I'm sitting pretty with a 300 lb. tuna.
Challenge accepted!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with the Sturgeon as well, weight is more evenly distributed, easier to swing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

the tuna has spikes on it's tail.

What, you think I was going to hit with the main body? I'll go for the one with the most damage.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You hold those things from the tail.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You hold those things from the tail.

Completely off-topic, but you never want to handle a fish by it's tail, you will break their bloodline and spoil the meat. Always handle a fish by the head/gills.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Good. Who did it happen to? A REPUBLICAN! What state did he govern? THE MOST REPULSIVE STATE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!
Figures someone triggerhappy would also have zero regards for right and wrong.
Let me guess.

You are either from California or New York. I'm guessing California due to your inability for rational and comprehensive thought.

So please, tell us all why you think Texas is the most repulsive state in the whole country? I'm sure you can find MSN articles to back your basis, because you are pretty much copying them in exact.

Also, please tell us why you think Rick Perry is, as you state it, "trigger happy".
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-18 17:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you gotta give credit where credit is due. Unlike almost every other red state, Texas doesn't leech money off the federal government in order to survive. I can think of worst states, like Mississippi.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Well you gotta give credit where credit is due. Unlike almost every other red state, Texas doesn't leech money off the federal government in order to survive. I can think of worst states, like Mississippi.
What about Missouri?
By volkom 2014-08-18 17:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

missouri sucks. don't live there. your place will get looted
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-08-18 17:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good. Who did it happen to? A REPUBLICAN! What state did he govern? THE MOST REPULSIVE STATE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!
Let me guess.

You are either from California or New York. I'm guessing California due to your inability for rational and comprehensive thought.

So please, tell us all why you think Texas is the most repulsive state in the whole country? I'm sure you can find MSN articles to back your basis, because you are pretty much copying them in exact.

Also, please tell us why you think Rick Perry is, as you state it, "trigger happy".
Connecticut, dipstick. Lurk moar.
As for why I think Perry is a triggerhappy numbskull, lessee. Anyone remember his spiel that followed right after the Sandy Hook shootings? "GUN MAKERS, FEEL FREE TO SET UP SHOP IN GOOD OL' TEXAS! WE'RE ALL BACKWARDS DOWN HERE AND GIVE NO *** ABOUT WRECKIN' THE LIVES OF OTHERS!" I believe were his words, in a roundabout sort of way.

actual statement:

Quote:
“A number of states in the United States are seriously considering restrictive laws impacting firearms manufacturers. While I support the efforts of law enforcement to identify, apprehend, prosecute and punish criminals who use firearms in the commission of their crimes, I do not believe that imposing additional requirements or restrictions on businesses is the correct approach,”
source
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 17:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As for why I think Perry is a triggerhappy numbskull, lessee. Anyone remember his spiel that followed right after the Sandy Hook shootings? "GUN MAKERS, FEEL FREE TO SET UP SHOP IN GOOD OL' TEXAS! WE'RE ALL BACKWARDS DOWN HERE AND GIVE NO *** ABOUT WRECKIN' THE LIVES OF OTHERS!" I believe were his words, in a roundabout sort of way.
You are incorrect on your assumption of what Rick Perry said, as stated by volkom.

You still have not stated as to why you think Texas is the, as you put it, most repulsive state in the whole country. All you have done is spout partisan *** most commonly posted on MSN and CNN forums.

But let me ask you this: Are you a special case, or do you represent the people of Connecticut?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 18:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Let me guess.

actual statement:

Quote:
“A number of states in the United States are seriously considering restrictive laws impacting firearms manufacturers. While I support the efforts of law enforcement to identify, apprehend, prosecute and punish criminals who use firearms in the commission of their crimes, I do not believe that imposing additional requirements or restrictions on businesses is the correct approach,”
source

Tl:Dr yeah, the only use for these weapons is killing a ton of people, but we can't do anything to limit the accessibility of unstable people or encourage manufacturers not to sell them in large amounts to anyone who wants them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-18 18:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I've never been to Texas. Barring any situations where I get lynched, I'd love to check out a rival giant state. Whenever I get around to it, I'll be sure to ask FFXIAH for all the sweet spots to check out!

You guys can't be worse than FL.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 34 35 36